Consumer Reviews of Goodman central air conditioners

Read more about Goodman central air conditioners

Date created: 2010-06-28 Name: Roger Nantel

"Mr. R, Nantel"
Installed in Sept. 2008, summer of 2009 called for service in June, unit will not shut down until night time when the temp has gone below thermostat demand. I can't get unit to bring house down to 23 celcius or 72 deg., if 80 outside. Twice serviced in 12 months for gas leak. Even if gas is ok, unit does not bring the house down to what the thermostat is asking.

Date created: 2010-06-25 Name: John Runion

"A Coil problems"
I purchased a new home in May of 2005 that had a new Goodman unit put in it in April 2005. I had to have a new A-Coil put it in Sept 2006, replaced under warranty but I had to pay for servicing because it was past a year from when the unit was put into the house. Now, June 2010, I have to have a new A-Coil put in and it is 2 months past the 5-year warranty. Worse yet, the local Goodman manager (Tom Oshia) is hiding behind the 5 year warranty clause even though this would be the third A-Coil in just over 5 years. How sad for a company not to back their own product. Clearly, they have issues with their products after reading all the negative reviews. My old house had a Lennox that was over 30 years old and I never had a problem with it.
Date created: 2010-06-25 Name: Tee

"Goodman"
I purchased a newly built home in 2006. I had to have it serviced 6 times that first year. My problems continued having serviced at least 3 times per year since then. Last month, a tech came once again to service and said it was the blower motor. He replaced and it worked for 2 weeks. Then, it went out again and I called the tech. He came out and said the system over heated. He fixed and it worked for two days. This time a different company came out and said it was the compressor. As I sat in a house that temperatured at 105, I had to send my asthmatic child away while I awaited parts. It is working now, but for how long? I hear that Goodman is in the process of changing their name. I have notified my State Attorney General's office. You may want to as well. Something is not right. My entire neighbourhood is less than 5 years old and I see an AC repair truck every day.
Date created: 2010-06-22 Name: J. Holt

"Goodman Furnace and AC"
I have the Goodman "top of the line" furnace and air conditioner. I have had nothing but problems with the whole system. First off, the installer did not do a good job, and second nothing ever works right, from heating to cooling season every year. Since new, I have had nothing but problems. Warranty does not cover labor, just remember that. Really the warranty does not mean anything when nothing works right. That repair bills just keep climbing.
Date created: 2010-06-21 Name: Kenny Kole

"Worse Unit on the market"
I purchased a Goodman/Amana unit in December of 09. (It's June 2010). My ac repair guy told me Goodman ac are the worst units on the market today. He supported this statement with a consumer guide showing where Goodman was ranked in repairs. He said, "good contractors stay away from Goodman ac". "They install Goodman in houses where customers want something cheap. I was suckered into name Amana. I sold Amana appliances for 12 years and they had a great reputation in the appliance industry, however there is a big difference in appliances and ac units. I learned that the hard way. Amana doesn't actually make these units. Goodman does. Finally, please, beware of Goodman deception of labeling their units with high seer ratings. Their BTUs are inaccurately lower.
Date created: 2010-06-21 Name: D. Alleyne

"In the market for a new system"
The unit came with the home in 1997. Overall, it worked well. We had to change a capacitor and charged the system on biannual service. Now, the freon used for that system is either not being produced or too expensive. Looking for a replacement system.
Date created: 2010-06-20 Name: M. Kelly

"Goodman Is Junk Junk"
We bought a new house 13 months ago that has Goodman air conditioning units. They worked fine for 5 months last summer. This summer, one unit makes loud noises by compressor then blows breaker. The other unit tries to start but can't. The technician tells us we need two new compressors. Covered by warranty but we have to pay $1400 for installation. What junk! Can you imagine 5 months usage from a Goodman AC unit?
Date created: 2010-06-18 Name: D. Dellinger

We built our home and installed two units, one for upstairs and one downstairs. Upstairs unit is fine. No problem downstairs. Unit is junk. Nothing but problems since day one, coil, freon, etc. Would not recommend and will never buy again. At the time, we bought the best Goodman only because the installer talked us into it. What a mistake!
Date created: 2010-06-18 Name: T. Hark

"Quality installation most important"
I am a mechanical contractor and Goodman makes quality ac and furnaces. All the parts on these units are the same as any other. Do not blame the equipment. Make sure the units are properly sized and installed.
Date created: 2010-06-17 Name: John

"Good Unit"
Had Goodman unit installed 10 years ago. Other than $100/yr service contract to clean & check coils 2X/yr, has not cost a cent. Compressor went out about 2 years ago, replaced free under warranty. Always cools, good utility bills. Only thing that keeps it from a "Very Satisfied" rating is the noise. Outside unit is next to bedroom window & it scares the h*** out of me when it comes on. Inside unit so loud cannot hear the tv when it comes on. Always check the noise rating before buying! Also check the installer. They are probably more important than the unit.