Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN central air conditioners

Read more about GOODMAN central air conditioners

Date created: 2010-05-16 Name: Joseph

"Contractor"
Put in two units in my house and two in my daughters house, no problems. Of course, units were professionally installed by me. All in the install and occaionally pm services.

Date created: 2010-05-12 Name: irwin perolman

"Irwin perolman"
Installed 3 ton unit in june 09. broke down june 16th. paid 69 dollars for housecall, 372 for defective parts. unit worker hald day btoke again repair person toof 2 weeks to respond. camed to house, threatened me after I threatened to sue him/ last wseek , repairman came and told me unit had been taken off market in 07, it would cost me 3280 dollars to repair. I paid 4200 cash. anyone interested in class action suit against goodman. contact: [email protected] let's talk about it specially since goodman air doesnt help their customers.

Date created: 2010-05-08 Name: M. Brandt
Location: Florida

"Goodman Air Conditioning System is ruining my Dining Room!"
18 months! That's how long it's been since we moved into a newly constructed house and how short a time before we started having problems with our central air conditioning system - Goodman. The mechanical room flooded with water because the cooling tubes iced over then melted...I'm not talking a little frost, I'm talking inches-thick ice on the tubes, around the pipes, up and down the tubes! When the ice melts, it floods the mechanical which seeped into the dining, ruining the carpet, and possibly the base on our $2000 china cabinet! The repair technician said Goodman is aware of this defect and consequently will pay for the service and replacement part. Waiting to see if Goodman will replace the carpet, wall trim and rotting wood inside the mechanical room! We are waiting with bated breath for the parts which was suppose to have arrived a week ago...but was back-ordered. Did I mention this house is in Florida where we are getting 80+ degree days?

Date created: 2010-05-05 Name: Donald Kaczmarek

"Don Kaczmarek"
I am an air conditioning contractor. I have 2 Goodman split AC systems in my house with gas furnaces. These units run and cool with no problems. The biggest issue with any equipment is the installing contractor. Many contractors do poor work, and they do not offer long term labor coverage. We offer a 10 year labor with any new system. Goodman has a 10 year warranty minimum on all their products. All mechanical equipment will fail from time to time, but with an investment of this magnitude, labor coverage is key. Goodman is fine. Check reviews on Trane, Carrier, and Lennox. Trane and Lennox scored 2 of 5. Goodman and Carrier scored 3 of 5. What does that tell you. Thank Goodness for Goodman!!!

Date created: 2010-05-05 Name: Carrol Maxwell

"Goodman central air conditioner system"
We have had only minor problems. Outside coils are beginning to rot, service man said we probably will have trouble this summer. We are thinking about another Goodman; service man said unit has been greatly improved.

Date created: 2010-05-04 Name: I. Rodriguez

"Goodman... very good"
Had two Goodman AC installed in my home. 17 years later, only one needs to be replaced. Definitely got my money worth.

Date created: 2010-05-04 Name: D. Sweatman

"Goodman Sucks!!!"
We have been living in this home since 2006 and I have had my Goodman Cooling serviced atleast 4 times. It seems that every March/September the unit fails to cool. Thankfully, we haven't had any issues with the heating but we have had coils replaced and multiple freon fills. I am so over this unit continually failing. I thought our unit was being sabotaged but after reading other forums I see we simply have a shabby product. This unit sucks!!!

Date created: 2010-05-03 Name: M. Singer

"Do Not Buy"
I want my money back!!!!!!!!!! Just had new air handler 3.5 ton installed 4/29/10 still having problems. Finally, owner of company that installed unit came out Sat night after I left several messages, Fri and Sat. He was called again several times. Sun came out, said give it time. Sunday night, temp finally came down to 80 when it was set for 72. Called again Monday morning. They came out today in the afternoon at 7 pm. Temp was 80. I'm not a happy camper!!!!!!!!!!!

Date created: 2010-04-30 Name: Dareyl W. Stark

"NEVER, NEVER AGAIN"
I had a package unit installed by a Goodman dealer and I've had it worked on twice in 1 year. It quit heating the house so when I tried the electric heat strip it was unserviceable, so during the service call $374.00 they found it was also low on freon, but they couldn't detect a leak??? Added 5lb r22 and was on their way. Long behold 5 months later no cooling, again low on freon. Added another 5lbs and charged nothing since this service call was done by a Goodman rep who understood my frustration and also found the leak in the coil with a dye test and sniffer "inside" the house with the freon blowing out the registers. Goodman has jacked us around for 2 months trying to get a new coil and/or replace the unit. The latest service tech Shane Clevenger with "Able Co." out of Beaufort, SC is the only good thing in the word Goodman. He has spent "his time and money" to keep me and my family climatized in our home while Goodman continues to play their games with Me, Able Co, & his Supplier. Don't buy a Goodman. Their Service Reps are awesome. The company sucks!!!!! They need to take a hard look at customer satisfaction and service. Bet the President of the Company is warm/cool in his house.

Date created: 2010-04-27 Name: T. Osborn

"Great products"
As an HVAC contractor with 12 years of experience, I have worked on every brand made. When my system kicked the bucket 2 years ago, I chose to install a Goodman 16 seer heat pump. The efficiency of this system is the best I've ever seen. To the folks that have had serious problem with their Goodman systems, I can promise you that a system is only good as the installer. I have been installing the Goodman line of products for over 10 years & have had great success with these products. Less call-backs & in Louisiana folks have to have their air conditioner so down time is not an option.