Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN central air conditioners

Read more about GOODMAN central air conditioners

Date created: 2010-05-21 Name: Gary

"Owner"
This unit has never worked properly. It began having hard start problems right away. Company was aware of this and had a kit ready to install once the tech figured out it needed it. Tech bragged that Goodman was paying him to install the kit. Of course, Goodman did not offer to pay me anything for my high electric bills this unit ran up. I wound up installing a window unit to cool the house. Much cheaper to run than the Goodman. Tried to run the thing this week. It made a loud noise. I looked at it and it is falling apart. Parts laying on top of the condenser fan. Wires to the fan motor being skinned by the fan. Installer has not responded. This thing is junk. I will probably have to replace it with another brand after only one year.

Date created: 2010-05-19 Name: Rick

"South Texas Goodman"
Had a Goodman split unit installed about 5 years ago. Have never had any problems until tonight. Looked on their website for warranty lookup. This portion of website was not working. I am more dissatisfied with their website than their product. Have never had any problems other than now.

Date created: 2010-05-16 Name: Joseph

"Contractor"
Put in two units in my house and two in my daughters house, no problems. Of course, units were professionally installed by me. All in the install and occaionally pm services.

Date created: 2010-05-12 Name: irwin perolman

"Irwin perolman"
Installed 3 ton unit in june 09. broke down june 16th. paid 69 dollars for housecall, 372 for defective parts. unit worker hald day btoke again repair person toof 2 weeks to respond. camed to house, threatened me after I threatened to sue him/ last wseek , repairman came and told me unit had been taken off market in 07, it would cost me 3280 dollars to repair. I paid 4200 cash. anyone interested in class action suit against goodman. contact: [email protected] let's talk about it specially since goodman air doesnt help their customers.

Date created: 2010-05-08 Name: M. Brandt
Location: Florida

"Goodman Air Conditioning System is ruining my Dining Room!"
18 months! That's how long it's been since we moved into a newly constructed house and how short a time before we started having problems with our central air conditioning system - Goodman. The mechanical room flooded with water because the cooling tubes iced over then melted...I'm not talking a little frost, I'm talking inches-thick ice on the tubes, around the pipes, up and down the tubes! When the ice melts, it floods the mechanical which seeped into the dining, ruining the carpet, and possibly the base on our $2000 china cabinet! The repair technician said Goodman is aware of this defect and consequently will pay for the service and replacement part. Waiting to see if Goodman will replace the carpet, wall trim and rotting wood inside the mechanical room! We are waiting with bated breath for the parts which was suppose to have arrived a week ago...but was back-ordered. Did I mention this house is in Florida where we are getting 80+ degree days?

Date created: 2010-05-05 Name: Donald Kaczmarek

"Don Kaczmarek"
I am an air conditioning contractor. I have 2 Goodman split AC systems in my house with gas furnaces. These units run and cool with no problems. The biggest issue with any equipment is the installing contractor. Many contractors do poor work, and they do not offer long term labor coverage. We offer a 10 year labor with any new system. Goodman has a 10 year warranty minimum on all their products. All mechanical equipment will fail from time to time, but with an investment of this magnitude, labor coverage is key. Goodman is fine. Check reviews on Trane, Carrier, and Lennox. Trane and Lennox scored 2 of 5. Goodman and Carrier scored 3 of 5. What does that tell you. Thank Goodness for Goodman!!!

Date created: 2010-05-05 Name: Carrol Maxwell

"Goodman central air conditioner system"
We have had only minor problems. Outside coils are beginning to rot, service man said we probably will have trouble this summer. We are thinking about another Goodman; service man said unit has been greatly improved.

Date created: 2010-05-04 Name: I. Rodriguez

"Goodman... very good"
Had two Goodman AC installed in my home. 17 years later, only one needs to be replaced. Definitely got my money worth.

Date created: 2010-05-04 Name: D. Sweatman

"Goodman Sucks!!!"
We have been living in this home since 2006 and I have had my Goodman Cooling serviced atleast 4 times. It seems that every March/September the unit fails to cool. Thankfully, we haven't had any issues with the heating but we have had coils replaced and multiple freon fills. I am so over this unit continually failing. I thought our unit was being sabotaged but after reading other forums I see we simply have a shabby product. This unit sucks!!!

Date created: 2010-05-03 Name: M. Singer

"Do Not Buy"
I want my money back!!!!!!!!!! Just had new air handler 3.5 ton installed 4/29/10 still having problems. Finally, owner of company that installed unit came out Sat night after I left several messages, Fri and Sat. He was called again several times. Sun came out, said give it time. Sunday night, temp finally came down to 80 when it was set for 72. Called again Monday morning. They came out today in the afternoon at 7 pm. Temp was 80. I'm not a happy camper!!!!!!!!!!!