Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN central air conditioners

Read more about GOODMAN central air conditioners

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2015-08-25 Name: SL
Location: Morrisville, NC

"Goodman rip-off"
In our community, a builder has installed Goodman AC/Furnace/compressors and they stopped working after 9-10 years timeline. I can understand one or two houses. But many houses have the same problem. Now, it's in my house also. I have to replace it with a new one and it cost $$$$. I think there is something that Goodman is controlling or an embedded program in the chip. How come equipment is going bad in 9-10 years time frame (not only one but many). This is kind of a rip-off.

Date created: 2015-07-21 Name: ANA O.
Location: Florida

"Horrible unit!"
6 months ago we had a new Goodman 13 SEER heat AC installed in our home. Never really feels like it's heating or cooling properly. Numerous times it has required repair. So tired of this piece of crap, would not recommend.

Date created: 2015-07-09 Name: Dave O
Location: Pennsylvania

"Customer service"
Well, I have had my Goodman for exactly 1 year. And like so many others here it has died. My guys say its the compressor and Goodman wants me to pay the labor - $75 an hour - and for Freon. I was told when talking with Adam Gallando at their corporate offices that they would warranty the product and take care of labor. But according to my guys that is sadly not the case. I am planning on moving forward with legal action should this end up costing me anything. However, for all of you out there having problems, let me suggest going to the Better Business Bureau and filing a complaint. Then call Mr. Galando at 713-861-2500 ext 6438 and let him know your thoughts. No product that costs this much should have an issue before its 5th birthday! Updated 7/9/15: Well it seems that if you go crazy enough stuff gets done. Got Goodman to pay for labor and replace the entire unit that died after 1 year. Also got a warranty for future labor.

Date created: 2015-07-06 Name: Joey Kernon
Location: Florida

"Goodman is a great unit"
I have installed a bunch of Goodman units and have had no problems! I make sure my install is done to the best of my ability. That is where I am sure most of these other people's complaints come from. Poor install, quick and cheap blow-and-go companies! I use Goodman at my nursing homes and they run 16-18 hours a day every day. I have had no problems, other than a capacitor which can fail for a number of reasons other than poor equipment! So stop bashing Goodman! Very few will go online and say what great equipment they have. But let someone have a problem, then they want to come on here and bash them to death. Goodman has been great equipment for me!

Date created: 2015-06-21 Name: G.Dailey
Location: Petersburg, VA

"Poor response to repair/replacement"
I'm writing as a very dissatisfied customer. We have been without our air conditioner since May 2, 2015. We have been trying desperately to get our unit repaired. We are in Virginia and each day temperatures are soaring. We purchased this unit only a year and a half ago. On 2 occasions we were told it was 2 different things. This past Wednesday a tech came. He was supposed to submit his report. His report has not resulted in this unit being replaced. We purchased your unit with a warranty we expected you to honor. Is this warranty not worth the paper it's printed on? I want to know who in this company can be held accountable for customer satisfaction. Believe me, your ads appear everyday on social media. I will make sure people know you don't care about your consumers. It should not take a month in summer to get your ac fixed or replaced. Added 6/21/15: In my previous post I forgot to tell Goodman this: do you even care that your company has made us feel as if we are prisoners in our own home? Each day we can only spend time in rooms that we have borrowed window units in. We can not cook, it makes the house too hot. Certain rooms we can't watch TV in, as the TV gives off too much heat. After long days at work, we only want to come home to relax! Entertaining is totally out of the question. I'm sure your company did not mean to sell us a lemon! That is what we have. Please take responsibility, give us a new unit and let us move on from this nightmare! I'm sure no one at your company is living their life this way.

Date created: 2015-06-05 Location: Fort Madison, IA

"Dependable and Reliable"
We have owned our unit for close to a year and only have good things to say. It is reliable, dependable, quiet, and looks great too! We ordered and received our air conditioner quickly and all in working order. The air conditioner was just like what we envisioned it to be and as accurate as the description. The company could use some education with customer service skills; however, that was the only real issue we had with our order. The rep we talked to didn't seem too interested in the call. We have not had to have anything repaired or replaced yet, and hopefully won't for a very long time. At this point we would definitely buy this brand again and I have recommended it to many friends. I believe this is a good company and will continue to improve, great product, competitive prices and stylish look.

Date created: 2015-05-29 Name: rick adam
Location: Baton Rouge, LA

"Long lasting"
My family bought our first Goodman 3.5 ton unit when I was in high school. We didn't have central A/C before then, and Goodman was suggested as being a strong unit for a family on a budget. It lasted 20 years without a single service call or breakdown. The only maintenance it ever received was when dad would change the filters, and rinse the outside unit with the garden hose. When it finally failed, it was replaced by another Goodman, which is roughly 10 years old and still going strong today. Likewise, it has had zero service and has cost zero in maintenance or repairs in 30 years....and yes I'm 47 now. When I built my own home 15 years ago, I insisted on Goodman. I have never serviced my system until last year when it needed about a pound of Freon. Considering that my unit is nearing its final years, I don't consider this a problem. I live in Louisiana where the summers are 95 -100 degrees, with high humidity, so my A/C works hard. I keep my house 73 degrees during the day, and 70 at night. When I read all these bad reviews, I'm totally shocked. This is totally contrary to the experiences my family has had with Goodman.

Date created: 2015-05-11 Name: Karen s
Location: South Carolina

"Horrible unit"
Moved into townhome and within a month the cumulator went out. I had that replaced. And not even 1 month later a repairman came because of no cold air. After reading reviews this company is horrible. I will be bad mouthing Goodman forever!

Date created: 2015-05-04 Name: Ted L
Location: Phoenix, AZ

"4 Catastrophic Failures in less than 6 years"
I purchased a Goodman packaged unit in 2009 from a reputable install firm. Within a few months, the reversing valve went bad. Less than a year later, the condenser motor went bad. By 2012, the first compressor failed. Now in 2015, the replacement compressor has failed. At this point, my 5-year warranty has expired and I'm being forced to pay for the unit's 3rd compressor in less than 6 years. I've also had to pay for labor on all but the first failure. In fact, I've paid nearly as much in repair labor as I have for the original unit. So would I buy again? Needless to say, no. I would rather be punched in the face by Mike Tyson than give this company another dollar of my money.

Date created: 2015-04-23 Name: Steven Lonergan
Location: Saint Petersburg

"Don't buy it"
I wouldn't take a Goodman Air Conditioner if they gave them out for free, much less buy one again! The unit keeps dying due to chameleons. Went to the installers to get a part, to find out they were no longer in business. I went to Goodman in person, and the rude clerk wouldn't sell the run capacitor. Wish I had something good to say about Goodman, but regrettably I don't!

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>