Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN central air conditioners

Read more about GOODMAN central air conditioners

Date created: 2010-06-14 Name: Kimsey Lantz

"Goodman System Works Fine"
Used best installer I could find. Equipment easily cools home in summer and heats it up just fine in the winter. Dealer included the best warranty coverage.

Date created: 2010-06-10 Name: Keith Doughty

"HON919F900"
What a waste! This unit has never worked properly. Runs constantly and the coolest air to come from any vent is only 77 degrees day or night. It is 95 degrees here in the summer and the best this unit can do is to cool my new totally insulated home down to only 80 degrees. The Goodman engineers came to my house and said my attic was too hot so I installed additional vents and turbines on my attic and brought the temp down in my attic but no change in cooling. Never buy a Goodman. Stick with the better brands and be done with it.

Date created: 2010-06-08 Name: J. L.

"Jim"
I installed two 3 1/2 ton gas packs eleven years ago. Last year, the blower motor went out on one unit but I was able to replace it myself for $120. This year, the compressor froze up on the same unit so I will replace the entire unit. I will try to replace it with another Goodman but it will depend on what I can purchase.

Date created: 2010-06-07 Name: C. Ferrante

"I got screwed"
Put the unit in 6/07. Since then, 3 a-coils, one relay and non stop leaking either outside and inside and $1100 in labor and recharging the unit. This is not a Goodman but a good for nothing A/C. Been waiting now a week for the 4 a-coil.

Date created: 2010-06-07 Name: Rick
Location: Texas

This is the biggest piece of junk that I have ever owned. Had new outside unit installed 4 years ago. Was installed under home warranty. Labor was not covered. Cost $1100.00 to install. Compressor was out within 1 month. No charge but no a/c for a week. (July in Texas). Has been out of freon every summer since. ($25.00/lb with a min. of 4 lbs each summer.) Well, it went out again on Saturday, the first 100 degree day of the summer. Repairman came on Sunday and replaced multiple parts @ a cost of $432.00. Worked for 6 hours after he left. The compressor is now out. Still under warranty but will cost $1100.00 to install when they get it. Can get a whole new unit (different brand) for $1500.00. Guess what decision I made. I will use the housing to make a compost box. If anyone is seriously considering any legal action against this company, please contact me at [email protected]

Date created: 2010-06-07 Name: M. A.

"Goodman = Garbage"
From day 1, the unit never worked like the Trane unit I have. Now, the compressor is not working and although it is still under warranty, it only covers the materials. Labor is $600. Never again will I buy anything from this company.

Date created: 2010-06-05 Name: Pauline Mitchell

"Goodman 13 seer a/c 410 A 3 ton"
We had a hole new A/C full unit $ 2970.00 and twice since it was installed on 7/21/2009. The fan motor went out. It works very good when it is running. But now the Williams company that installed it is not returning the calls. So it is the Goodman A/C. It keeps breaking down, and the A/C company which installed it got me mad. Not knowing where to go from here to get this fix and under warranty.

Date created: 2010-06-01 Name: J. Manuel

"Leaking Goodman Coils"
Purchased our home in June 2006. We have two Goodman/Amana air conditioner units. Last Oct 30, 2009, one of the units air handler coils was found to be leaking/iceing up. Since the units are still in warranty, the parts are free but service and labor cost us over $800. We just found out that both units coils are once again leaking. We have had techs out to the home 4 times to fix/service this coils. It is unacceptable to think we will have to replace these coils every six months for a cost over $800 each time. The techs say Goodman knows there is a problem (bad design/metal). I have spoken to an attorney and next the bbb. Federal Lemon Law often extends protection far past State law, making warrantors responsible for irrepairable defects for up to four years after the factory warranty has expired. This federal statute generally provides cash compensation where the warrantor cannot make your product free from defects within a reasonable opportunity. Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act applies not just to vehicles but instead to all consumer products including boats and appliances. As a Quality Assurance Engineer and an Operating Excellence Blackbelt. Who runs the Quality Department at Goodman?

Date created: 2010-05-26 Name: Kevin

"Goodman Air Conditioner Terrible"
I have owned a Goodman central air for 1.5 years. We installed it in August 2008, used it maybe 15 times in the last 18 months (last summer was very cool) and it needs a new compressor. The celonoid was replaced under warranty, I now have to pay $350 in labour to replace the compressor. Terrible piece of garbage.

Date created: 2010-05-26 Name: Wayne

"Im not happy"
I just bought a new home with a brand new unit. Installed 4 months later, A/C quit. Called repairman. He came out and found wire pinched inside unit at compressor causing breaker to trip. Repairman said unit came from factory that way. He repaired shorted wire at no charge. Unit still had full 1 year warranty. Unit worked okay for about 9 months. Unit quit again. The same repairman came back out, found compressor shorted internally. He said when wire shorted, the first time it took some life of compressor. Goodman warranty compressor but I had to pay for the freon and the repair. I feel Goodman should have took care of this repair because their compressor went out and freon is also considered a part and the unit had a problem from the start.