Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN central air conditioners

Read more about GOODMAN central air conditioners

Date created: 2010-06-05 Name: Pauline Mitchell

"Goodman 13 seer a/c 410 A 3 ton"
We had a hole new A/C full unit $ 2970.00 and twice since it was installed on 7/21/2009. The fan motor went out. It works very good when it is running. But now the Williams company that installed it is not returning the calls. So it is the Goodman A/C. It keeps breaking down, and the A/C company which installed it got me mad. Not knowing where to go from here to get this fix and under warranty.

Date created: 2010-06-01 Name: J. Manuel

"Leaking Goodman Coils"
Purchased our home in June 2006. We have two Goodman/Amana air conditioner units. Last Oct 30, 2009, one of the units air handler coils was found to be leaking/iceing up. Since the units are still in warranty, the parts are free but service and labor cost us over $800. We just found out that both units coils are once again leaking. We have had techs out to the home 4 times to fix/service this coils. It is unacceptable to think we will have to replace these coils every six months for a cost over $800 each time. The techs say Goodman knows there is a problem (bad design/metal). I have spoken to an attorney and next the bbb. Federal Lemon Law often extends protection far past State law, making warrantors responsible for irrepairable defects for up to four years after the factory warranty has expired. This federal statute generally provides cash compensation where the warrantor cannot make your product free from defects within a reasonable opportunity. Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act applies not just to vehicles but instead to all consumer products including boats and appliances. As a Quality Assurance Engineer and an Operating Excellence Blackbelt. Who runs the Quality Department at Goodman?

Date created: 2010-05-26 Name: Kevin

"Goodman Air Conditioner Terrible"
I have owned a Goodman central air for 1.5 years. We installed it in August 2008, used it maybe 15 times in the last 18 months (last summer was very cool) and it needs a new compressor. The celonoid was replaced under warranty, I now have to pay $350 in labour to replace the compressor. Terrible piece of garbage.

Date created: 2010-05-26 Name: Wayne

"Im not happy"
I just bought a new home with a brand new unit. Installed 4 months later, A/C quit. Called repairman. He came out and found wire pinched inside unit at compressor causing breaker to trip. Repairman said unit came from factory that way. He repaired shorted wire at no charge. Unit still had full 1 year warranty. Unit worked okay for about 9 months. Unit quit again. The same repairman came back out, found compressor shorted internally. He said when wire shorted, the first time it took some life of compressor. Goodman warranty compressor but I had to pay for the freon and the repair. I feel Goodman should have took care of this repair because their compressor went out and freon is also considered a part and the unit had a problem from the start.

Date created: 2010-05-24 Name: J. Pilot

"Installation matters!!"
I am a heating and cooling contractor and when the A/C went out in my house, I replaced it with a Goodman unit. The Goodman equipment has improved greatly over the past several years. All of their equipment has 10 year warranty on parts. These posts you see with low freon, coils freezing, leaks, etc. etc. are all due to poor installation. Trust me, to get a warranty part from Goodman ,it is as simple as taking the old part back to the distributor and they give you a brand new one. All you have to do is have the model, serial, and homeowners info. Simple. 90% of these people bitching about Goodman should be complaining to the company that installed it because those contractors do not know what they are doing!!!

Date created: 2010-05-24 Name: H. StMarie

"Goodman air unit"
This is a joke. I had it a little over 4 yrs. It is not cooking. An air conditioner guy is coming out and says it sounds like the motor. Although this is under warranty, we have to send off for a motor and pay shipping and wait for it to get here. I am disabled, bad lungs. I can't hardly breathe. So I am just paying for the part myself to get it faster. I had a Trane over 18 yrs, never a problem. Never will I buy a Goodman again.

Date created: 2010-05-24 Name: Breff Thomas

"Goodman & amana same company & unit"
Beware with the Amana brand because (it`s the same junk, Janitrol & Goodman) I worked for a city, and we installed 10 units in the city hall and we have a lot of leaks in just 3 weeks, 4 compressors, 3 blower wheels, 2 relays. This company don`t care for customers. We have other units like NUTONE and RHEEM and never but never had a single problem, just normal cleaning. My boss installed a 16 seer AMANA top of the line in June last year. 'Till today (2 compressor, 1 coil, 1 contractor). The unit never cools below 75.

Date created: 2010-05-21 Name: Gary

"Owner"
This unit has never worked properly. It began having hard start problems right away. Company was aware of this and had a kit ready to install once the tech figured out it needed it. Tech bragged that Goodman was paying him to install the kit. Of course, Goodman did not offer to pay me anything for my high electric bills this unit ran up. I wound up installing a window unit to cool the house. Much cheaper to run than the Goodman. Tried to run the thing this week. It made a loud noise. I looked at it and it is falling apart. Parts laying on top of the condenser fan. Wires to the fan motor being skinned by the fan. Installer has not responded. This thing is junk. I will probably have to replace it with another brand after only one year.

Date created: 2010-05-19 Name: Rick

"South Texas Goodman"
Had a Goodman split unit installed about 5 years ago. Have never had any problems until tonight. Looked on their website for warranty lookup. This portion of website was not working. I am more dissatisfied with their website than their product. Have never had any problems other than now.

Date created: 2010-05-16 Name: Joseph

"Contractor"
Put in two units in my house and two in my daughters house, no problems. Of course, units were professionally installed by me. All in the install and occaionally pm services.