Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN central air conditioners

Read more about GOODMAN central air conditioners

Date created: 2010-06-18 Name: D. Dellinger

We built our home and installed two units, one for upstairs and one downstairs. Upstairs unit is fine. No problem downstairs. Unit is junk. Nothing but problems since day one, coil, freon, etc. Would not recommend and will never buy again. At the time, we bought the best Goodman only because the installer talked us into it. What a mistake!

Date created: 2010-06-18 Name: T. Hark

"Quality installation most important"
I am a mechanical contractor and Goodman makes quality ac and furnaces. All the parts on these units are the same as any other. Do not blame the equipment. Make sure the units are properly sized and installed.

Date created: 2010-06-17 Name: John

"Good Unit"
Had Goodman unit installed 10 years ago. Other than $100/yr service contract to clean & check coils 2X/yr, has not cost a cent. Compressor went out about 2 years ago, replaced free under warranty. Always cools, good utility bills. Only thing that keeps it from a "Very Satisfied" rating is the noise. Outside unit is next to bedroom window & it scares the h*** out of me when it comes on. Inside unit so loud cannot hear the tv when it comes on. Always check the noise rating before buying! Also check the installer. They are probably more important than the unit.

Date created: 2010-06-14 Name: James

"Goodman units are as good as the installer"
If your installer does not pressure test after soldering the refrigerant lines, then how can you expect not to have problems. Also, they should know the ashrae code for installing an HVAC unit. I have installed and repaired all types of units and these and Rheem are better than Trane or Carrier.

Date created: 2010-06-14 Name: Kimsey Lantz

"Goodman System Works Fine"
Used best installer I could find. Equipment easily cools home in summer and heats it up just fine in the winter. Dealer included the best warranty coverage.

Date created: 2010-06-10 Name: Keith Doughty

"HON919F900"
What a waste! This unit has never worked properly. Runs constantly and the coolest air to come from any vent is only 77 degrees day or night. It is 95 degrees here in the summer and the best this unit can do is to cool my new totally insulated home down to only 80 degrees. The Goodman engineers came to my house and said my attic was too hot so I installed additional vents and turbines on my attic and brought the temp down in my attic but no change in cooling. Never buy a Goodman. Stick with the better brands and be done with it.

Date created: 2010-06-08 Name: J. L.

"Jim"
I installed two 3 1/2 ton gas packs eleven years ago. Last year, the blower motor went out on one unit but I was able to replace it myself for $120. This year, the compressor froze up on the same unit so I will replace the entire unit. I will try to replace it with another Goodman but it will depend on what I can purchase.

Date created: 2010-06-07 Name: C. Ferrante

"I got screwed"
Put the unit in 6/07. Since then, 3 a-coils, one relay and non stop leaking either outside and inside and $1100 in labor and recharging the unit. This is not a Goodman but a good for nothing A/C. Been waiting now a week for the 4 a-coil.

Date created: 2010-06-07 Name: Rick
Location: Texas

This is the biggest piece of junk that I have ever owned. Had new outside unit installed 4 years ago. Was installed under home warranty. Labor was not covered. Cost $1100.00 to install. Compressor was out within 1 month. No charge but no a/c for a week. (July in Texas). Has been out of freon every summer since. ($25.00/lb with a min. of 4 lbs each summer.) Well, it went out again on Saturday, the first 100 degree day of the summer. Repairman came on Sunday and replaced multiple parts @ a cost of $432.00. Worked for 6 hours after he left. The compressor is now out. Still under warranty but will cost $1100.00 to install when they get it. Can get a whole new unit (different brand) for $1500.00. Guess what decision I made. I will use the housing to make a compost box. If anyone is seriously considering any legal action against this company, please contact me at RM4554@aol.com.

Date created: 2010-06-07 Name: M. A.

"Goodman = Garbage"
From day 1, the unit never worked like the Trane unit I have. Now, the compressor is not working and although it is still under warranty, it only covers the materials. Labor is $600. Never again will I buy anything from this company.