Consumer Reviews of Goodman central air conditioners

Read more about Goodman central air conditioners

Date created: 2010-07-26 Name: Undisclosed

"Causing serious health issues for mother"
I am very upset with this company. I just logged onto this website this evening to read about what others were saying, and the majority (I think with the exception of 2 people) rated these systems "very unsatisfied" for whatever individual reason. Just about 3 months ago, our systems totally shut down and we were forced to call a repairman. He said that some part involving a fan was broken. He supposedly fixed it, and it was working fine up until this past Saturday. All of a sudden, it just totally stopped. We decided to turn the compressor off and then turn it back on again, and that worked for about a day. Tonight, the system totally stopped again. Came back on it's own and then as of now has totally stopped. My mother has a serious health condition that causes her body to overheat when she is stressed, fatigued or simply high in energy. She can be happy and laughing and the laugh will stimulate inflamation in her body, mainly her face but many other areas. Having air-conditioning is a need, a requirement for her health. Without it, everyday life can be a challenge for her as she must complete nominal tasks in the piping heat. Our house is not even a year old. It's finishing being built this March, so you could say that it is only 4-5 months old. I hate to post such negative reviews, but this is ridiculous. Someone close to me is suffering, in our brand-new house which (I am not bragging or using this as a way to advertise my financial status) cost us over $600,000. Paying all of that money is unreasonable if these problems are going to keep happening. We do not have the money to dish out on AC repair. Our whole family contributes and we have kids who need to attend school this Fall. What I am saying is that you should not buy this system. Circumstances may vary, I know for us it seems particularly unfortunate but it is true.

Date created: 2010-07-26 Name: B. V.

"Made it 24 days"
Our Goodman AC blew its compressor 24 days after we took ownership of our new home. This was a Richmond American built house.

Date created: 2010-07-26 Name: D. Perry

"Noisy Junk"
If you decide to choose cheap price over quality, be prepared to suffer with a noisy, undependable piece of junk!

Date created: 2010-07-25 Name: Tim Bodie
Location: Bham, AL

"New installation has quit cooling 3 times in 14 months"
In 5/09, we had a new Goodman model capf3636b6ba a/c and furnace installed. It ran fine for the first 13 months, but has failed 3 times this month (7/10). The installer has 20 years experience and stands by his work. The first repair, they added freon and replaced some caps. The second time, a tiny valve stem was replaced (more freon). Now, it's quit cooling again. All 3 failures within 5 days. And it's been right at 100 degrees each day. July in Bham, Al. is hot and humid. Very unhappy. Wish I had not gone with a Goodman to save a few bucks.

Date created: 2010-07-24 Name: Juile
Location: Tennessee

"Julie"
It's terrible! Do not fall victim like we did. We purchased a new construction house in Nov. of 2007. The first service call was March 2008 leaking coolant from coils. February 2009, we had no heat. April 2009, we have the a/c added coolant. January 2010, no aux. heat. June 2010, had to fix evaporation coil and put coolant back in. Today, 7/24/2010 replaced fan motor! (It's 100 degrees today in Tennessee!) We have now spent $1400 on repairs. Seriously, I complained in February to The Goodman company and finally got a response of sorry basically, but nothing done. As I read other posts, they are very similar to our situation. I am so mad over the whole thing.

Date created: 2010-07-23 Name: E. Wagner

"Ed"
Outstanding unit. Service/install by real professionals.

Date created: 2010-07-22 Name: J. Whitson

"3 ton unit"
Had it for 3 years. It blew 2 compressors. It's in the dump now. Junk!

Date created: 2010-07-21 Name: C. Estess

"JUNK!!!!"
I posted review 2 weeks ago about condenser fan motor noise. Unit stopped cooling 2 days ago. Had tech come out to check. Low freon, same diagnosis I had after unit installed less than 1 year. Now, both coils are leaking! Warranty will furnish parts but labor to install them is $1200.00!!!! I will be installing a Rheem or American Standard just as soon as possible. These units are pure junk! Don't tell me about most problems being poor installation. This was professionally installed and guess what? Still junk!!! Don't walk, run from this brand!!!

Date created: 2010-07-21 Name: Diane S.

"Not a good choice"
I had a Goodman central air conditioner installed in 2006. Never pumped cold air. Took hours to bring the house down only a few degree. In 2010, the compressor and coil went. It was still under warranty so ac repairman picked up a new coil and compressor. On first day running, compressor broke again and unit was pumping out warm air. This is week two of staying at a friend since it's 99 degrees outside. I am tired and frustrated. I would not recommend these products. Spend a few dollars more and go with Carrier or another name brand.

Date created: 2010-07-21 Name: Mark S.

"Good as any other unit"
Home is 13 y/o. First 10 seer unit lasted 8 years and was hit by lightning. Second 10 seer unit made it 6 years and ran low on freon. Rather than fix it, I upgraded to a 13 seer and a 95% furnace combo. Cost value proposition on Goodman seems reasonable to me. I believe a good install makes a huge difference. And be aware many installers do not have the right equipment to pressure check the new high pressure 410 freon after install so you could be low on freon out of the gate.