Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN central air conditioners

Read more about GOODMAN central air conditioners

Date created: 2010-07-06 Name: Vince from Ma

"funny huh?"
I was planning on having a Goodman ac installed since my installer talked up the 10 year warranty but after reading these reviews, I noticed something a little funny. The only good reviews seem to be from contractors who say it's "all in the installation". All the other reviews without fail are all very disgruntled customers. Also if it's all in the install, why is it most of these customers have parts breaking dowm or major freon leaks almost right away? Funny huh?

Date created: 2010-07-05 Name: Bhagwati

"Central A/C OF GOODMANN"
This is just a piece of junk. Never got cool air since installed. Looking for a repair or an a/c mechanic. It was installed 2 years ago. I did not use it last year due to not enough warm weather.

Date created: 2010-07-04 Name: J. Elixson
Location: North Florida

"110 window unit works great"
I live in north Florida and it is hot. Bought a 5 ton Goodman 1.5 years ago with a new house. Replaced evaporator coil, condensor fan motor, and 2 hard start kits. Now, the condensor coil is leaking. New part came in and they found the reversing valve is leaking and the evaporator coil leaking again and the insulation falling off the cabinet. No way is this installer error. P.O.S. The dealer I got it from will not touch or sell Goodman units anymore. Three dealers later still not fixed. Goodman will not call me back ????? They got my money. It's hard to stop a Trane. A Goodman will stop itself.

Date created: 2010-06-30 Name: Robin W.

"I was i hadn't"
I had a 14 sheer limit warranty, lifetime compressor installed October 2008, and I wish I hadn’t. The furnace works fine but the ac unit not so much. I made two calls in 2009. The coolant leaked out and they recharged it. Then, some parts froze and the wrapped copper lines. 6-2010 it wouldn’t turn on again. The coolant had leaked out and my bill, over $1,000 for a less than two year old machine. Oh, the warranty does not pay labor or for the coolant which this machine leaks like a sieve. Goodman is a good money maker for a repairman.

Date created: 2010-06-28 Name: Roger Nantel

"Mr. R, Nantel"
Installed in Sept. 2008, summer of 2009 called for service in June, unit will not shut down until night time when the temp has gone below thermostat demand. I can't get unit to bring house down to 23 celcius or 72 deg., if 80 outside. Twice serviced in 12 months for gas leak. Even if gas is ok, unit does not bring the house down to what the thermostat is asking.

Date created: 2010-06-25 Name: John Runion

"A Coil problems"
I purchased a new home in May of 2005 that had a new Goodman unit put in it in April 2005. I had to have a new A-Coil put it in Sept 2006, replaced under warranty but I had to pay for servicing because it was past a year from when the unit was put into the house. Now, June 2010, I have to have a new A-Coil put in and it is 2 months past the 5-year warranty. Worse yet, the local Goodman manager (Tom Oshia) is hiding behind the 5 year warranty clause even though this would be the third A-Coil in just over 5 years. How sad for a company not to back their own product. Clearly, they have issues with their products after reading all the negative reviews. My old house had a Lennox that was over 30 years old and I never had a problem with it.

Date created: 2010-06-25 Name: Tee

"Goodman"
I purchased a newly built home in 2006. I had to have it serviced 6 times that first year. My problems continued having serviced at least 3 times per year since then. Last month, a tech came once again to service and said it was the blower motor. He replaced and it worked for 2 weeks. Then, it went out again and I called the tech. He came out and said the system over heated. He fixed and it worked for two days. This time a different company came out and said it was the compressor. As I sat in a house that temperatured at 105, I had to send my asthmatic child away while I awaited parts. It is working now, but for how long? I hear that Goodman is in the process of changing their name. I have notified my State Attorney General's office. You may want to as well. Something is not right. My entire neighbourhood is less than 5 years old and I see an AC repair truck every day.

Date created: 2010-06-22 Name: J. Holt

"Goodman Furnace and AC"
I have the Goodman "top of the line" furnace and air conditioner. I have had nothing but problems with the whole system. First off, the installer did not do a good job, and second nothing ever works right, from heating to cooling season every year. Since new, I have had nothing but problems. Warranty does not cover labor, just remember that. Really the warranty does not mean anything when nothing works right. That repair bills just keep climbing.

Date created: 2010-06-21 Name: Kenny Kole

"Worse Unit on the market"
I purchased a Goodman/Amana unit in December of 09. (It's June 2010). My ac repair guy told me Goodman ac are the worst units on the market today. He supported this statement with a consumer guide showing where Goodman was ranked in repairs. He said, "good contractors stay away from Goodman ac". "They install Goodman in houses where customers want something cheap. I was suckered into name Amana. I sold Amana appliances for 12 years and they had a great reputation in the appliance industry, however there is a big difference in appliances and ac units. I learned that the hard way. Amana doesn't actually make these units. Goodman does. Finally, please, beware of Goodman deception of labeling their units with high seer ratings. Their BTUs are inaccurately lower.

Date created: 2010-06-21 Name: D. Alleyne

"In the market for a new system"
The unit came with the home in 1997. Overall, it worked well. We had to change a capacitor and charged the system on biannual service. Now, the freon used for that system is either not being produced or too expensive. Looking for a replacement system.