Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN central air conditioners

Read more about GOODMAN central air conditioners

Date created: 2010-07-17 Name: Mark P

"I hope this review will prevent you from making the same mistake"
I bought a Goodman air conditioning unit. After only six months of use, the compressor failed. It cost 750 dollars in labor to have it replaced. The part was covered under warranty. One year later, the compressor failed again, during one of the hottest months of the summer, of course! This time, the part was not covered under warranty. The price to have it replaced this time was not worth it anymore. I gave up and bought a Trane. Do not buy this unit. Buyer beware. If you do, buy the 10yr warranty b/c these units will fail you when needed the most. Don't make the same mistake. You will pay in the long run.

Date created: 2010-07-17 Name: Paula
Location: North Florida

"Does anyone have a terrible odor ?"
We are experiencing eye and throat burning, dizziness as well as ear dripping when our Goodman ac is on. The terrible odor comes out of the vents. Has anyone else experience this? It is not a mold or mildew. It is more of a chemical smell. House is in north fl. We have been forced out of our home due to this! Which is only a brand new 3yr old home! Smell only comes thru the vents when Goodman ac is running! Pls respond here if you have any helpful info. Ty [email protected]

Date created: 2010-07-17 Name: Dan

"Doesn 't Compare to others"
This isn't my first a/c in the home - I'm sorry we got rid of the old "inefficient" one. Something is certainly up with our unit. I've had over 5 service calls and it still doesn't cool the home - the Goodman rep has even been to our home. It will run for hours and will not reach the desired temperature until it finally gets cool at night nor does it get the humidity out of the house. It gets so bad sometimes (when it is really hot outside) that we have to go out to the car to cool down.

Date created: 2010-07-15 Name: N. Carter

"Bad install, bad unit"
Wow, reading these reviews are scary. New unit installed in new construction home 10/05. July 09 unit quit. Service guy said all freon leaked out. Service guy was also an installer so I was ticked and didn't fix it. This summer, 7/10 had a different company come out and verified that the freon leaked due to bad welds in the internal coils, but also told me the compressor was blown and would have been covered under the warranty last summer if that guy had been honest. Bad unit, bad service reps.

Date created: 2010-07-14 Name: B. James

"One n Done"
Was talked into a Goodman by a friend of a friend who's in the a/c business. My guess now is that he got some kickback from Goodman. The unit has mostly been fine, but we've had far too many small repairs in the past 6 years, and now with another larger repair looming are switching to Rheem. FYI. Most of the companies that have enjoyed getting to repair our system have told us it's junk.

Date created: 2010-07-12 Name: Jim

"Goodman Quality???"
I have a 3.5 Ton Goodman heat pump. I believe it was chosen by the previous owner because it was less expensive. The system is less than 2 years old. I have owned the house for 11 months. So far, I have had 5 service calls on the outside unit. Now, the compressor is out. Seems the unit was made in 5/05, installed 8/08 but in service for less than 2 years. They say if it is installed correctly they will last, guess mine was not installed right. Going to have a complete new system installed. Will cost me plenty, but 5 service calls in 11 months. I can not deal with this anymore. I will NOT be installing anything made by Goodman. Probably a good system, but you will probably get a poor install, thus poor results.

Date created: 2010-07-11 Name: Mike D.
Location: Florida

"Goodman a/c unit; garbage"
Had this unit for 3 1/2 yrs. and then it started. No heat in a very cold (low thirties in Florida. Tech found a wiring problem that made hot and cold air blow at the same time. The next day, the air handler blower motor went bad and had it replaced. Two months later, no cool air, no freon and had the compressor replaced.($500.00 labor) Now a month later, the A/C unit won't turn off causing the compressor to run constantly. Not satisfied with this unit. Can't rely on it to work as it should. Sales person told me it was the unit of choice for the money. Will never buy a Goodman again.

Date created: 2010-07-11 Name: Tom Mgerack

"Wow could I have made a worse decision"
Totally poor quality. I went cheap and chose this over the Bryant system due to price. My neighbor went with Bryant. Huge quality difference. Overall, not good at all, and dealer network is laughable. 10 years of warranty parts but who will accept them, not the distributor. My condenser is louder. My air handler is louder and has less oar volume. Worst cheep mistake I have made in 11 months. 4 failures and I am so disillusioned. My neighbor is constantly rubbing my nose in it.

Date created: 2010-07-08 Name: C. Estess

"Could be better...."
I had a gpg13481151ab package unit installed 10-2008. Summer of 2009, a/c unit started freezing up. Installer came out and found small leak and recharged unit. The condenser fan was vibrating badly, so I asked what could be done. He stated there was an updated blade available under warranty, so I asked to get me one and I would install it. He refused, saying he made a living on service calls so he would have to install it. Guess the $3600.00 we paid for unit. 1 year ago did not register with him. I installed new fan blade 7-2010 with new one, and it still sounds like an airplane prop during run-up. Not too happy with unit nor the installer/service man.

Date created: 2010-07-07 Name: N. Trent Jr.
Location: TX

"Goodman Not GOOD"
I am very disappointed with this Goodman 5ton heat/AC, 14.35 seer pump system that I had a contractor installed in my new home in TX, May 09. Not even 6 month later, a compressor relay had burned close causing my compressor to constantly run for 24hr for three weeks straight. This was covered under the installers labor/warranty, except my electric bill. It doubled ($650.00). Just this week Jul 2010, just over a year after installing, an elbow inside (next to the compressor) cracked & lost all freon and after that repair was completed. A blower motor was replaced for reason, and it was cycling up & down not keeping blower at a constant speed. I couldn't keep ac temp set at 75 or below. There is a 10 year inside & outside warranty for the unit parts from my installers, but labor cost & who’s will falls on the sword and pays? I wouldn’t suggest anyone to buy Goodman a/c products. There are too many internal parts and having too many manufacture issues.