Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN central air conditioners

Read more about GOODMAN central air conditioners

Date created: 2010-07-28 Name: Marlen Diaz
Location: Miami, FL

"My worst nightmare!"
I just bought this unit on June 2010. I live in Miami, Fl. Since the first day it was installed, it has not work. I put it at 74 degrees and during the day start going up to 80 degrees. Then at night time, it starts cooling. In one month, they have sent 3 different technicians to check it out and still not working. As I'm writing now, they came to take the coil and replace it for a new one. It's so hot in Miami that I can't take it anymore. I have to leave the house with my 3 year old son. I think I bought an oven not an A/C. Never again.

Date created: 2010-07-28 Name: L. Woods

"BAD UNIT"
We purchased a new home with 3 Goodman units - 1 has just lost the compressor - even with the "warranty" it is still going to cost us over $1,000.000. THIS PRODUCT IS JUNK.

Date created: 2010-07-27 Name: Michael Gravitt

"Somthing I will never do again"
I will never buy a Goodman unit or a house with a Goodman unit again. The compressor has gone out and the dealer refused to replace it. The unit made date is less than 5 years and he treated us like we were trying to steal from him. The model # is cple481c serial# 0506143849. It was bought at East Tennessee Temp Control in late August of 2005. It went out again a week ago. The 5 year warranty doesn’t start till it is installed. If we are now in July 2010 and it was made in August of 05. My 2 year old can do the math. What does it matter when it was installed. But the manager Mark at East Tennessee Temp Control tells me he needs a receipt where I bought the unit. I bought the house but the developer installed the unit. Mark was able to look the unit up and told me who Temp Control sold it to and the date. He refused to print the information from the computer and stated it was my responsibility to get it. Who gets a receipt for every thing in the house when you buy it. No one does. No, not even you Mark will receive a receipt on units when buying a house. Is this how Goodman represents? I would like to talk to a Goodman representative by phone.

Date created: 2010-07-26 Name: Undisclosed

"Causing serious health issues for mother"
I am very upset with this company. I just logged onto this website this evening to read about what others were saying, and the majority (I think with the exception of 2 people) rated these systems "very unsatisfied" for whatever individual reason. Just about 3 months ago, our systems totally shut down and we were forced to call a repairman. He said that some part involving a fan was broken. He supposedly fixed it, and it was working fine up until this past Saturday. All of a sudden, it just totally stopped. We decided to turn the compressor off and then turn it back on again, and that worked for about a day. Tonight, the system totally stopped again. Came back on it's own and then as of now has totally stopped. My mother has a serious health condition that causes her body to overheat when she is stressed, fatigued or simply high in energy. She can be happy and laughing and the laugh will stimulate inflamation in her body, mainly her face but many other areas. Having air-conditioning is a need, a requirement for her health. Without it, everyday life can be a challenge for her as she must complete nominal tasks in the piping heat. Our house is not even a year old. It's finishing being built this March, so you could say that it is only 4-5 months old. I hate to post such negative reviews, but this is ridiculous. Someone close to me is suffering, in our brand-new house which (I am not bragging or using this as a way to advertise my financial status) cost us over $600,000. Paying all of that money is unreasonable if these problems are going to keep happening. We do not have the money to dish out on AC repair. Our whole family contributes and we have kids who need to attend school this Fall. What I am saying is that you should not buy this system. Circumstances may vary, I know for us it seems particularly unfortunate but it is true.

Date created: 2010-07-26 Name: B. V.

"Made it 24 days"
Our Goodman AC blew its compressor 24 days after we took ownership of our new home. This was a Richmond American built house.

Date created: 2010-07-26 Name: D. Perry

"Noisy Junk"
If you decide to choose cheap price over quality, be prepared to suffer with a noisy, undependable piece of junk!

Date created: 2010-07-25 Name: Tim Bodie
Location: Bham, AL

"New installation has quit cooling 3 times in 14 months"
In 5/09, we had a new Goodman model capf3636b6ba a/c and furnace installed. It ran fine for the first 13 months, but has failed 3 times this month (7/10). The installer has 20 years experience and stands by his work. The first repair, they added freon and replaced some caps. The second time, a tiny valve stem was replaced (more freon). Now, it's quit cooling again. All 3 failures within 5 days. And it's been right at 100 degrees each day. July in Bham, Al. is hot and humid. Very unhappy. Wish I had not gone with a Goodman to save a few bucks.

Date created: 2010-07-24 Name: Juile
Location: Tennessee

"Julie"
It's terrible! Do not fall victim like we did. We purchased a new construction house in Nov. of 2007. The first service call was March 2008 leaking coolant from coils. February 2009, we had no heat. April 2009, we have the a/c added coolant. January 2010, no aux. heat. June 2010, had to fix evaporation coil and put coolant back in. Today, 7/24/2010 replaced fan motor! (It's 100 degrees today in Tennessee!) We have now spent $1400 on repairs. Seriously, I complained in February to The Goodman company and finally got a response of sorry basically, but nothing done. As I read other posts, they are very similar to our situation. I am so mad over the whole thing.

Date created: 2010-07-23 Name: E. Wagner

"Ed"
Outstanding unit. Service/install by real professionals.

Date created: 2010-07-22 Name: J. Whitson

"3 ton unit"
Had it for 3 years. It blew 2 compressors. It's in the dump now. Junk!