Consumer Reviews of Goodman central air conditioners

Read more about Goodman central air conditioners

Date created: 2010-08-29 Name: Barbara D.
Location: Shreveport, LA

"An exhausting piece of equipment!"
The only reason I didn't give this unit a "very unsatisfied" rating is because we managed to squeeze 15 years out of it. However it was 15 years of begging, cojoling, praying and fixing it over and over and over and over and over (you get the point) again. From the time it was about 3-4 years old, it began freezing up and losing freon. The guy who installed it when the house was built became sick of it, but came quickly each time he was called. This was a heat pump and not to be outdone, not only did the a/c act up constantly, so did the heat. It was constantly blowing something (except hot/cold air) including a capicitor that blew black oil out of my vents and fill the house with smoke. It would freeze up so bad, it would flood underneath the unit and soak the surrounding carpet. (ripping up carpet and putting in tile fixed that at least). This thing wouldn't even just freeze up in the heat of summer. Imagine me, in early spring, 8 mos pregnant underneath the blasted thing trying to defrost it (my husband doesn't fit under there, but I did put a dent in the drywall with my belly trying to get out!) We probably could have paid for a new unit at least once or more with all the money we sunk into this thing! Finally after fixing it 4 times this summer, we have replaced it with a Payne. Can't say much about that unit yet as it has been installed less than a week, but I pray it behaves better than the old piece of junk.

Date created: 2010-08-27 Name: Kelly Arens
Location: Madisonville, KY

"Goodman sucks"
I have an all in one unit that controls my gas heat and my AC. The unit is all of 5 years old and I have had to have it worked on every year since it was installed. Anything from broken switches, cracked coils, you name it. It is the worst unit in the world. Do not buy a Goodman. They suck.

Date created: 2010-08-27 Name: B CAPOZZI
Location: SWEETWATER TN

"POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE"
DONT EXPECT TO ASK THE COMPANY TO ANSWER EVEN THE BASIC QUESTION, THEY SEEM TO THINK THE HOME OWNER IS A IDIOT......THIS WILL PLAY A BIG PART WHEN IT COMES TIME TO REPLACE

Date created: 2010-08-26 Name: Brett
Location: Texas

"Horrible product"
I bought my new home november 2006 with a goodman a/c with a heat pump. I have yet to go more then 60 days of summer with a working a/c since I bought the home they have replace the heat pump reversing valve about 5 times a yr and a new outside unit once or twice a yr. This yr I haven't managed to get 30 days trouble free so its not due to maintainence or a simple filter change since its pretty much new all the time and here I am again no a/c and appt with ESP services who mind you installed the system originally and now I know atleast half there staff by name. DON'T BUY THIS PRODUCT OR A HOME WITH THIS PRODUCT.

Date created: 2010-08-26 Name: Ralph
Location: Miami GFlorida

"CEO"
Both the Goodman A/C System and there support Team sting (more than any Sewer). I had an old decrepid unit 4 ton in my house and my wife and I wanted to get a newer version we contactyed and A/C company and after she talked to them a/c man he suggested this Goodman Brand. I was reluctant but them IO said what the heck. Well this 4 ton unit never cooled and with all the trouble shooting and after replacing the Compressor and other items it still did not cool. I spoke to the installer and contacted Goodman myself. I got nowhere. Finally I told the installer to install that unit somewhere else I did not care anymore and he reinbursed the money and I ha d a Trane unit installed. This unit cools awsome, I had hoped that the installer would have not taken it back and would have loved to take Goodman into court but anyways they lost that installer will not buy any more Goodman and I highly recommend that noones else buy one either

Date created: 2010-08-26 Name: j. Thacker
Location: Iowa

"Dissapointed Owner"
I have a Goodman furnace and central air installed in the fall of 2007. The units have performed very well with the exception of the condenser charging ports that were defective. My condenser leaked most of the freon out apparently over the winter. I had a Goodman authorized service company come out to investigate. i was informed that there had been a recall on the service ports (was not notified) but...the allowance from Goodman to submit a claim had expired. I have since been offered the valves, but it does me no good since I had to pay for their replacement and had to pay for a evac and recharge, something Goodman will not cover. The bill is several hundred dollars, that I paid, for their defective (recalled)parts.

Date created: 2010-08-24 Name: Frank
Location: Orlando, FL

"A piece of junk"
We have two Goodman units in house. 2005 brand new house come with it. Now both unit started to leak. Tech fixed one unit and the second week it leaked again at some where else. And they can not located the leak at the second unit, so they charged it up then came back to charge it up again every month! What a pain in Florida summer!

Date created: 2010-08-23 Name: Cedric Mcdowell
Location: North Little Rock, AR.

"Junk of all Hill"
If you are trying to budget then "DO NOT BUY GOODMAN". Who ever gave that junk that name was not a "GOOD-MAN. There are way too many bad complaints about this junk, ripp off co. We should all join as one and stop the madness. Had my unit one full year, and at least seven service calls later, realized the worst mistake of my life is that I trusred a "GOODMAN". You live and learn, so i got myself a brand new Rheem aaaah what a cool move.

Date created: 2010-08-16 Name: Y mederos
Location: Naple, Fll

"Please do not spend your money on this junk"
My system is a 3.5 ton unit that is only 5 years old I have had to replace my coils 2 times going on 3. Please don't spend your time or money on this system. these systems are weak and have a hard time to keep up with any kind of demand you ask of it. Hope they go out of business

Date created: 2010-08-16 Name: c mobley
Location: Port Charlotte Fl.

"Not happy"
Moved into a new house Nov. 2006, builder had installed two Goodman a/c units. Less than 2 yrs. later, had to replace one unit for leaky coils, $500 labor. One year after that, 2nd unit had to be replaced for leaky coils, $500 labor. One year later, the first unit again went out, with same problem and needs to be replaced, $500 labor. Contacted Goodman in May, seemed friendly and helpful, have tried numerous times since to contact them, do not return calls.