Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN central air conditioners

Read more about GOODMAN central air conditioners

Date created: 2010-08-23 Name: Cedric Mcdowell
Location: North Little Rock, AR.

"Junk of all Hill"
If you are trying to budget then "DO NOT BUY GOODMAN". Who ever gave that junk that name was not a "GOOD-MAN. There are way too many bad complaints about this junk, ripp off co. We should all join as one and stop the madness. Had my unit one full year, and at least seven service calls later, realized the worst mistake of my life is that I trusred a "GOODMAN". You live and learn, so i got myself a brand new Rheem aaaah what a cool move.

Date created: 2010-08-16 Name: Y mederos
Location: Naple, Fll

"Please do not spend your money on this junk"
My system is a 3.5 ton unit that is only 5 years old I have had to replace my coils 2 times going on 3. Please don't spend your time or money on this system. these systems are weak and have a hard time to keep up with any kind of demand you ask of it. Hope they go out of business

Date created: 2010-08-16 Name: c mobley
Location: Port Charlotte Fl.

"Not happy"
Moved into a new house Nov. 2006, builder had installed two Goodman a/c units. Less than 2 yrs. later, had to replace one unit for leaky coils, $500 labor. One year after that, 2nd unit had to be replaced for leaky coils, $500 labor. One year later, the first unit again went out, with same problem and needs to be replaced, $500 labor. Contacted Goodman in May, seemed friendly and helpful, have tried numerous times since to contact them, do not return calls.

Date created: 2010-08-13 Name: Jeffrey Lovell
Location: Dallas, TX

"Don't buy a Goodman"
We bought two new Goodman units in late 2007. The small one for upstairs has worked fine, but the large unit has had to be serviced 6 times in 2 years. In the last week, it has been serviced 3 times, with the final service costing me $650 for a new compressor. For a new unit to require a new compressor in such a short period tells me that there is no quality control at Goodman. For that reason alone, I'll never buy another Goodman.

Date created: 2010-08-13 Name: M. Anderson
Location: Houston, TX

"13 SEER AC, 3.5 Ton"
I had a Goodman 13 SEER AC installed July 4, 2008 and on August 10, 2010 the compressor died. I contacted a repairman and he has replaced the warranted compressor.It is over 100 degrees here and I had no choice but to pay the $550 labor and warranty handling charge. He said the $55.00 warranty handling charge is mandated by Goodman. Is this standard as he said? I am thoroughly disappointed with the rapid decline of this unit. I have lived in my home for 30 years and never had an AC unit compressor requiring replacement only after 2 years. I will also never agree to another Goodman AC replacement or purchase a home with a unit already installed.

Date created: 2010-08-09 Name: G. Hatch

"Gary"
I purchased a 3.5 ton Goodman ac with gas heating outside unit for my home 15 years ago. Yesterday, the cooling cools inside sprang a major a leak and lost all of the freon, so I am now ready look for another unit. The unit I have ran okay for 15 years. It had to be re-charged with freon every year because it had a slow leak. Also, the gas lighter was over powered, and I had to replace the transformer that powered it with a lower voltage unit (the part was given to me free because they knew it was defective). The gas valve also had to be replaced 3 years ago (cost $200).

Date created: 2010-08-04 Name: Arby

"Poor excuse for HVAC equipment"
In the interest of being environmentally friendly, I replaced my 13 year old 10 seer Goodman HVAC system with a 4 ton 15 seer Goodman System. The compressor sounded funny from the beginning but it ran great most of 2009 and the first quarter of 2010. On Easter Sunday with 20 people over for dinner, it failed. My HVAC guy of almost 25 years replaced (N/C) the coolant and went on his way. On Memorial Day weekend, the System failed again. The condensor coil had developed a leak at one of the joints. It took a week to get a condensor coil from Texas. The HVAC guy never bothered to tell me the cost to me for warranty work was $1,100.00. I paid him and passed on my opinion of his lack of pre-service estimates. That evening, the compressor failed. A week later, my service call was finally answered and a new compressor was found and installed. For 45 glorious days, my house was cool. But, the 1st of August came and the replacement condensor coil sprung a leak. Now, I have returned to a 10 seer window unit awaiting phone calls, emails, or postal answers to my questions. I'm also waiting for my homeowners association representative to come proclaiming window units being a hoa violation. But now, I have a new weapon in hand, an estimate from another company who provides me different brand of HVAC system. Goodmans HVAC systems appears to lack quality control at production level. It's time for me to move on.

Date created: 2010-08-01 Name: Joe M.

"Contractor"
Been installing them for years. No problems with them. (Must be the install) Install a time delay and a start kit and follow the install guide closely.

Date created: 2010-07-31 Name: Karen

"Broken....AGAIN!"
We have two units in our house that are 14 years old. One of them broke so we purchased a Goodman two years ago because our a/c man told us how efficient it was compared to our older model. We've had it worked on 4 times since we purchased it and now it's broken again! The repair man charges us $75.00 for every visit because only the parts are covered. I will never recommend this product to anyone. Even when it is working, it never cools like our older unit in the other part of the house. It runs all the time which isn't efficient at all!

Date created: 2010-07-30 Name: Charles Martin

"Best unit on the market"
Went to the dump one day, found a Goodman cooling & heating unit. Took it home to strip it and neighbor said let's hook it up to see if it works, so we did. It's been in my shop now for 8 years with not the first problem. Of course, I clean the coils every year and change filter once a month. Maybe some of these dumb asses would learn to maintain their unit, they wouldn't have so many problems with it. GOODMAN is #1 in my book.