Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN central air conditioners

Read more about GOODMAN central air conditioners

Date created: 2010-08-26 Name: Brett
Location: Texas

"Horrible product"
I bought my new home november 2006 with a goodman a/c with a heat pump. I have yet to go more then 60 days of summer with a working a/c since I bought the home they have replace the heat pump reversing valve about 5 times a yr and a new outside unit once or twice a yr. This yr I haven't managed to get 30 days trouble free so its not due to maintainence or a simple filter change since its pretty much new all the time and here I am again no a/c and appt with ESP services who mind you installed the system originally and now I know atleast half there staff by name. DON'T BUY THIS PRODUCT OR A HOME WITH THIS PRODUCT.

Date created: 2010-08-26 Name: Ralph
Location: Miami GFlorida

"CEO"
Both the Goodman A/C System and there support Team sting (more than any Sewer). I had an old decrepid unit 4 ton in my house and my wife and I wanted to get a newer version we contactyed and A/C company and after she talked to them a/c man he suggested this Goodman Brand. I was reluctant but them IO said what the heck. Well this 4 ton unit never cooled and with all the trouble shooting and after replacing the Compressor and other items it still did not cool. I spoke to the installer and contacted Goodman myself. I got nowhere. Finally I told the installer to install that unit somewhere else I did not care anymore and he reinbursed the money and I ha d a Trane unit installed. This unit cools awsome, I had hoped that the installer would have not taken it back and would have loved to take Goodman into court but anyways they lost that installer will not buy any more Goodman and I highly recommend that noones else buy one either

Date created: 2010-08-26 Name: j. Thacker
Location: Iowa

"Dissapointed Owner"
I have a Goodman furnace and central air installed in the fall of 2007. The units have performed very well with the exception of the condenser charging ports that were defective. My condenser leaked most of the freon out apparently over the winter. I had a Goodman authorized service company come out to investigate. i was informed that there had been a recall on the service ports (was not notified) but...the allowance from Goodman to submit a claim had expired. I have since been offered the valves, but it does me no good since I had to pay for their replacement and had to pay for a evac and recharge, something Goodman will not cover. The bill is several hundred dollars, that I paid, for their defective (recalled)parts.

Date created: 2010-08-24 Name: Frank
Location: Orlando, FL

"A piece of junk"
We have two Goodman units in house. 2005 brand new house come with it. Now both unit started to leak. Tech fixed one unit and the second week it leaked again at some where else. And they can not located the leak at the second unit, so they charged it up then came back to charge it up again every month! What a pain in Florida summer!

Date created: 2010-08-23 Name: Cedric Mcdowell
Location: North Little Rock, AR.

"Junk of all Hill"
If you are trying to budget then "DO NOT BUY GOODMAN". Who ever gave that junk that name was not a "GOOD-MAN. There are way too many bad complaints about this junk, ripp off co. We should all join as one and stop the madness. Had my unit one full year, and at least seven service calls later, realized the worst mistake of my life is that I trusred a "GOODMAN". You live and learn, so i got myself a brand new Rheem aaaah what a cool move.

Date created: 2010-08-16 Name: Y mederos
Location: Naple, Fll

"Please do not spend your money on this junk"
My system is a 3.5 ton unit that is only 5 years old I have had to replace my coils 2 times going on 3. Please don't spend your time or money on this system. these systems are weak and have a hard time to keep up with any kind of demand you ask of it. Hope they go out of business

Date created: 2010-08-16 Name: c mobley
Location: Port Charlotte Fl.

"Not happy"
Moved into a new house Nov. 2006, builder had installed two Goodman a/c units. Less than 2 yrs. later, had to replace one unit for leaky coils, $500 labor. One year after that, 2nd unit had to be replaced for leaky coils, $500 labor. One year later, the first unit again went out, with same problem and needs to be replaced, $500 labor. Contacted Goodman in May, seemed friendly and helpful, have tried numerous times since to contact them, do not return calls.

Date created: 2010-08-13 Name: Jeffrey Lovell
Location: Dallas, TX

"Don't buy a Goodman"
We bought two new Goodman units in late 2007. The small one for upstairs has worked fine, but the large unit has had to be serviced 6 times in 2 years. In the last week, it has been serviced 3 times, with the final service costing me $650 for a new compressor. For a new unit to require a new compressor in such a short period tells me that there is no quality control at Goodman. For that reason alone, I'll never buy another Goodman.

Date created: 2010-08-13 Name: M. Anderson
Location: Houston, TX

"13 SEER AC, 3.5 Ton"
I had a Goodman 13 SEER AC installed July 4, 2008 and on August 10, 2010 the compressor died. I contacted a repairman and he has replaced the warranted compressor.It is over 100 degrees here and I had no choice but to pay the $550 labor and warranty handling charge. He said the $55.00 warranty handling charge is mandated by Goodman. Is this standard as he said? I am thoroughly disappointed with the rapid decline of this unit. I have lived in my home for 30 years and never had an AC unit compressor requiring replacement only after 2 years. I will also never agree to another Goodman AC replacement or purchase a home with a unit already installed.

Date created: 2010-08-09 Name: G. Hatch

"Gary"
I purchased a 3.5 ton Goodman ac with gas heating outside unit for my home 15 years ago. Yesterday, the cooling cools inside sprang a major a leak and lost all of the freon, so I am now ready look for another unit. The unit I have ran okay for 15 years. It had to be re-charged with freon every year because it had a slow leak. Also, the gas lighter was over powered, and I had to replace the transformer that powered it with a lower voltage unit (the part was given to me free because they knew it was defective). The gas valve also had to be replaced 3 years ago (cost $200).