Consumer Reviews of Goodman central air conditioners

Read more about Goodman central air conditioners

Date created: 2010-11-08 Name: T. Bloom
Location: Florida

"Overpriced junk?"
The system is barely a month old and the company has been here twice to fix it. My father just passed away and now my elderly mother has to deal with a brand new piece of crap Goodman heat pump along with my father's death. The first repair the inside temp was over 90 thanks to "a wire that became disconnected." The second time came when the weather changed thanks to a sudden cold spell. When we switched to heat, the unit initially ran, but began to shake so bad it shut itself off, then kept trying to turn on, would shake like crazy, turn off and repeat the cycle. This was, of course, on Friday night. They came Saturday to look at it and she has had to rely on emergency heat until they can fix it on Tuesday. I am afraid to think what next??? I wanted to see if others have had similar problems with this company and am not surprised to see that so many have. Americans used to know how to build and install quality...but not any more. No wonder our economy is so bad.

Date created: 2010-11-04 Name: T.Quinn

"Contractor"
I am a HVAC Contractor in the Houston area and have been installing all brands of Air Conditioners in the past 22 years. I just happened upon this website and started reading reviews on several brands of equipment, not to many good things said about several brands including Goodman. Please purchase the Extended or Labor Warranties when purchasing any HVAC equipment. Most manufacturers are shipping parts to other countries to be assembled and shipped back into the U.S. These units are stacked, bumped,knocked around, and damaged during shipping. This is creating leaks in Condenser and Evaporator Coils. I wish this HVAC equipment was assembled in the U.S. we would not be having half as many problems with the less expensive labor costs and shipping damage. I have done Warranty work on all brands of equipment in the last 5 years, Coils are leaking everywhere, and when a coil is leaking freon, the Compressors will go out. Good Luck and have annual service checks.

Date created: 2010-11-02 Name: Angry in TN
Location: Franklin, TN

"Angry in TN"
We had similar bad experience with the Goodman HVAC unit in our brand new home. Evap coil went out after only 18 months. Sure the part is in warranty but service call and labor to replace the part are running $1000. Goodman will not budge on the "parts only" warranty. If you search the internet, you'll find that Goodman products get terrible reviews. I'll not purchase another Goodman product and I'm out to let everyone know what a inferior product they manufacture.

Date created: 2010-11-01 Name: Jim
Location: PSL, Florida

"Carrier"
After reading all of these comments, I choose to spend $1000 extra and geta Ser 16 Carrier with 10 year labor and warranty. Thanks for steering me away from this junk.

Date created: 2010-10-29 Name: Lee Sanders
Location: Florida

"Bad unit would not recommend to anyone"
Had new 8 kw A/C unit installed in 20 November 2009, to take advantage of tax credit. Old unit was still okay but 15 years old. Goodman installed by local dealer and had minor problem with cooling. Fast forward to Oct 2010 during summer I noticed minor cooling problem now unit stopped cooling entirely. Tech said refrigerant leak in coils. The entire system has to be removed and replaced. Fortunately, it was less than one year as I had no labor warranty just the 10 company warranty. Now I wonder how long before it craps out again. Two neighbors one across from me spent over $1200 to have same problem after 2 1/2 years same type unit. I would not recommend this company to anyone.

Date created: 2010-10-14 Name: Jesse J.

"PROUD OWNER"
I have purchased two Goodman units in the last 3 yrs one 13 seer for my home and a 16 seer for my mother. The contractor who installed the equipment was very professional and the equipment works like a champ especialy compared to th Rheem & york we owned before. Very Happy!!

Date created: 2010-10-13 Name: L Woods
Location: Tulsa, OK

"Terrible units"
Bought new home with 3 (not so) Goodman units. Within first 18 months compressor went out on one unit - cost over $1,000 to get repaired with warranty! Now second unit has leaks in the condensor coil and the evap coil is full of leaks! Est cost to get this repaired is over $2600 with warranty! Bad product - beware

Date created: 2010-10-12 Name: John Doe
Location: Seattle, WA

"DON'T BUY GOODMAN"
I bought my new furnace with heat pump in 2008, and I have had nothing but problems. The most recent problem being the compressor has now gone out. I now see this appears to be a common problem based on what others have already said here. I'm so frustrated with this crap and I would love think it would be a good idea to put this company out of business!

Date created: 2010-10-05 Name: Alberto Ramirez
Location: El Paso, TX

"Trash"
I purchased this unit 2 yrs ago, and I do not recommend this brand, coil and fan blades failed already

Date created: 2010-09-29 Name: Scott Heyboer
Location: Grand Rapids, MI

"Mr"
Love it! Resonable price and great quality. Couldn't be happier!