Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN central air conditioners

Read more about GOODMAN central air conditioners

Date created: 2010-09-05 Name: B. Busby
Location: Pompano Beach, Florida

"Don't Buy Goodman"
4 years ago I bought this a/c unit because I was told it was the best there was. I think not. Like others, I find it runs way too much, costing $$$ in cooling bills. In addition, the compressor recently burned out and now I have to replace the unit. Warranty? Surely you jest. I had to fight to get the company to give me even basic information on this product. The paperwork available is minimal - I thought my installer had mistakenly thrown away the initial papers. My old Rheem 12 Seer is working beautifully after 14 years. I would NEVER recommend Goodman, the company nor the product. And in answer to the person who suggested no-one with problems maintains their equipment - mine underwent annual inside coil maintenance, monthly outside unit cleaning, duct cleaning, monthly filter changes, and everything and more one should do. There's just nothing to say except GOODMAN IS JUNK.

Date created: 2010-09-05 Name: B A Leddy
Location: Palm Desert, Ca.

"Unhappy customer"
Purchases a new home march 2007 which had a goodman air conditioner installed by builder. In 2009 we had to pay repairman $155 to install a new capacitator. Now barely 1 yr later we are told the compressor is out as is the capacitator. Even tho the a/c co. told us that the compressor is still under warranty, it would cost us $1200. to install it. After reading all the negative reviews about this productd we have decided to junk it & buy something half way decent. Appreciate all the feedbag, otherwise this would probable become a money pit for us. The repairman told us that the capacitator has the life spam of a flashlight battery.

Date created: 2010-09-04 Name: Mario.
Location: Houston.

"It's good"
The only problem with goodman is not the brand is that it has became easy for many unlicensed techs to get,anyone can buy them,so people are blaming goodmanfor the improper installations of this unlicensed people that don't even know how to vaccum a or even charge a system!causing people all this problems. the compressor is the same as all the name brands except trane.I have been installing goodman & trane systems for 8 yrs and seen the trane coils leak faster than goodman.Just be careful who installs your new unit!!!!

Date created: 2010-09-01 Name: R. E. Carter
Location: South Texas

"#1 turd in my book"
My AC guy recommended a Goodman to replace our older unit. It had a better seer rating, and for the first 2 years, cooled pretty well. A month or so after getting it, we did have to have a start assist installed. A month & 1/2 ago the compressor died. It was under warranty, but it didn't cover install. We had the new one installed, and after a few days I called to say it didn't seem to be cooling or running correctly. They said it was hooter outside, so I waited and watched. A week or two later I called again and was told as long as the coils were wet, it was runnign as it should. Now, this evening, it's locked up again, making the hum of death. Luckly we had 2 Tranes installed in the house we're currently building. I will never own another Goodman Turd after this crappy experience. Now I have to figure out if I should get it fixed again, or call the company who installed the tranes on the new house and go that route.

Date created: 2010-08-30 Name: David
Location: Manlius NY

"Goodman is a waste"
Have had the unit just two years and have had a tech out 3 times. Don't bother reading all the reviews, they all say the same thing, Goodman is junk.

Date created: 2010-08-30 Name: Jeff
Location: Tennessee

Junk !!! That is all I can say without getting too graphic. I owned 9 restaurants for over 30 years in the south. I had three to four air conditioning units, one to two walk in coolers and at least 6 other cooling units per location. I have never had a brand name of equipment fail as many times as Goodman. We have had 4 (yes four) replacements and as I set and write this my home is 78 degrees on this sunny 87 degree day. The installation and service has been provided by Air Systems Inc. Unfortunately recommended by a very good friend and has created a very embarrassing situation for us.

Date created: 2010-08-29 Name: Barbara D.
Location: Shreveport, LA

"An exhausting piece of equipment!"
The only reason I didn't give this unit a "very unsatisfied" rating is because we managed to squeeze 15 years out of it. However it was 15 years of begging, cojoling, praying and fixing it over and over and over and over and over (you get the point) again. From the time it was about 3-4 years old, it began freezing up and losing freon. The guy who installed it when the house was built became sick of it, but came quickly each time he was called. This was a heat pump and not to be outdone, not only did the a/c act up constantly, so did the heat. It was constantly blowing something (except hot/cold air) including a capicitor that blew black oil out of my vents and fill the house with smoke. It would freeze up so bad, it would flood underneath the unit and soak the surrounding carpet. (ripping up carpet and putting in tile fixed that at least). This thing wouldn't even just freeze up in the heat of summer. Imagine me, in early spring, 8 mos pregnant underneath the blasted thing trying to defrost it (my husband doesn't fit under there, but I did put a dent in the drywall with my belly trying to get out!) We probably could have paid for a new unit at least once or more with all the money we sunk into this thing! Finally after fixing it 4 times this summer, we have replaced it with a Payne. Can't say much about that unit yet as it has been installed less than a week, but I pray it behaves better than the old piece of junk.

Date created: 2010-08-27 Name: Kelly Arens
Location: Madisonville, KY

"Goodman sucks"
I have an all in one unit that controls my gas heat and my AC. The unit is all of 5 years old and I have had to have it worked on every year since it was installed. Anything from broken switches, cracked coils, you name it. It is the worst unit in the world. Do not buy a Goodman. They suck.

Date created: 2010-08-27 Name: B CAPOZZI
Location: SWEETWATER TN

"POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE"
DONT EXPECT TO ASK THE COMPANY TO ANSWER EVEN THE BASIC QUESTION, THEY SEEM TO THINK THE HOME OWNER IS A IDIOT......THIS WILL PLAY A BIG PART WHEN IT COMES TIME TO REPLACE

Date created: 2010-08-26 Name: Brett
Location: Texas

"Horrible product"
I bought my new home november 2006 with a goodman a/c with a heat pump. I have yet to go more then 60 days of summer with a working a/c since I bought the home they have replace the heat pump reversing valve about 5 times a yr and a new outside unit once or twice a yr. This yr I haven't managed to get 30 days trouble free so its not due to maintainence or a simple filter change since its pretty much new all the time and here I am again no a/c and appt with ESP services who mind you installed the system originally and now I know atleast half there staff by name. DON'T BUY THIS PRODUCT OR A HOME WITH THIS PRODUCT.