Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN central air conditioners

Read more about GOODMAN central air conditioners

Date created: 2010-09-14 Name: Paul

"Great Product for the Money"
I am an HVAC contractor and install several brands. Goodman is not my primary brand but I recently installed it on my daughter's home because of the cost and warranty. I would like to point out that hvac equipment is like cars, all brands make lemons, its man-made. However, with proper care & maintenance most systems will last many, many years. So I would suggest researching the install contractor as thoroughly as you do the equipment. The install is usually were the problems start.

Date created: 2010-09-13 Name: DOUG D.
Location: MONTGOMERY, ALABAMA

"EVAPORATIVE COIL IS A DESIGN DEFECT!"
I have had this Goodman A/C unit for just over 2 years and the cool air has stopped coming out at least 4 times. The repair man stated that the EVAP coil in the attic has a leak. The repair man also stated this is a know issue and is also a design issue, which goodman has fixed as of July 2010 but is only on new units. The price to fix this is $800.00. I called the company in Texas and the person that answered the phone was very arrogant and not-supportive to customer feedback. Unporfessional and not customer oriented company. DO NOT BUY A GOODMAN! I PLAN ON FILING A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT.

Date created: 2010-09-10 Name: Maria S
Location: Apex, NC

"Don't Buy a Goodman"
Bought my unit in June of 2008, by 2009 it was having problems cooling. Then when 2010 summer rolled around, the unit would not cool. AC repair man accused me of harming the unit, but finally found out that there is a recall on the faulty condenser coil. However, my unit which uses the same coil as the recall, was not on the recall list. It is been almost four.. yes four hot months in NC with no air conditioning from my goodman unit. The repair man will not show up and Goodman was slow in responding. Very disappointed in Goodman and it's products.

Date created: 2010-09-08 Name: joe installer
Location: Northwest Indiana

"Quit whining, know the facts"
I install A/C units for a living, I also service them.I sell Goodman, and other brands, but most of the time customers want low price. to tell ya the truth, most all brands of A/C units use the same compressor manufacturers, and if the unit isnt installed right, for example, the lines arent clean, or the air ducting is too small for the tonnage, or the wiring isnt large enough to handle the current draw, a PROBLEM WILL surface. we have units that have been in service for 35 plus years, still chilling-- Goodman sells more equipment in the US than any other brand, it would stand to reason, that some of the equipment will be improperly installed, or a part will fail.that is just the law of mechanical engineering. if you doubt that, just read any of the other brand reviews--all similar, complaints most arising from improper installs. I try to install every unit like I would for my own home, and I guess it works, I have VERY few problems with any thing I install. Maybe I just luck out and get all the good units huh?? Most of the service problems I see in the field, are due to lack of maintenence, or parts just plain wearing out from being over worked (too small for the task size). I do get tired of people whining though lol they make more noise than the compressors-----

Date created: 2010-09-07 Name: M. Bachman

"Inner Coil"
Bought a 2.5 ton 14 seer unit in 06-2008 and I'm now replcing the inner coil for $900 even though the part is under warrenty the labor is going to cost me! I can't believe this! The unit is just over 2 years old. That seems to be a common theme on this forum. The cost to repair the thing is half the cost of a brand new system......are you kidding me!

Date created: 2010-09-06 Name: J Dwyer

"Goodman high efficency"
I have had my A coil freeze up every week now for the past 6 weeks. thechnition has been out several times it is only a year old will never buy another Goodman again. My carrier lasted 25 yrs.

Date created: 2010-09-05 Name: B. Busby
Location: Pompano Beach, Florida

"Don't Buy Goodman"
4 years ago I bought this a/c unit because I was told it was the best there was. I think not. Like others, I find it runs way too much, costing $$$ in cooling bills. In addition, the compressor recently burned out and now I have to replace the unit. Warranty? Surely you jest. I had to fight to get the company to give me even basic information on this product. The paperwork available is minimal - I thought my installer had mistakenly thrown away the initial papers. My old Rheem 12 Seer is working beautifully after 14 years. I would NEVER recommend Goodman, the company nor the product. And in answer to the person who suggested no-one with problems maintains their equipment - mine underwent annual inside coil maintenance, monthly outside unit cleaning, duct cleaning, monthly filter changes, and everything and more one should do. There's just nothing to say except GOODMAN IS JUNK.

Date created: 2010-09-05 Name: B A Leddy
Location: Palm Desert, Ca.

"Unhappy customer"
Purchases a new home march 2007 which had a goodman air conditioner installed by builder. In 2009 we had to pay repairman $155 to install a new capacitator. Now barely 1 yr later we are told the compressor is out as is the capacitator. Even tho the a/c co. told us that the compressor is still under warranty, it would cost us $1200. to install it. After reading all the negative reviews about this productd we have decided to junk it & buy something half way decent. Appreciate all the feedbag, otherwise this would probable become a money pit for us. The repairman told us that the capacitator has the life spam of a flashlight battery.

Date created: 2010-09-04 Name: Mario.
Location: Houston.

"It's good"
The only problem with goodman is not the brand is that it has became easy for many unlicensed techs to get,anyone can buy them,so people are blaming goodmanfor the improper installations of this unlicensed people that don't even know how to vaccum a or even charge a system!causing people all this problems. the compressor is the same as all the name brands except trane.I have been installing goodman & trane systems for 8 yrs and seen the trane coils leak faster than goodman.Just be careful who installs your new unit!!!!

Date created: 2010-09-01 Name: R. E. Carter
Location: South Texas

"#1 turd in my book"
My AC guy recommended a Goodman to replace our older unit. It had a better seer rating, and for the first 2 years, cooled pretty well. A month or so after getting it, we did have to have a start assist installed. A month & 1/2 ago the compressor died. It was under warranty, but it didn't cover install. We had the new one installed, and after a few days I called to say it didn't seem to be cooling or running correctly. They said it was hooter outside, so I waited and watched. A week or two later I called again and was told as long as the coils were wet, it was runnign as it should. Now, this evening, it's locked up again, making the hum of death. Luckly we had 2 Tranes installed in the house we're currently building. I will never own another Goodman Turd after this crappy experience. Now I have to figure out if I should get it fixed again, or call the company who installed the tranes on the new house and go that route.