Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN central air conditioners

Read more about GOODMAN central air conditioners

Date created: 2010-09-28 Name: Pissed off in Houston
Location: Houston, Tx

"Class Action Time!"
I moved into a new home with a new Goodman HVAC unit 5 years ago. The compressor has failed, the fan has failed twice, the freon leaks despite new parts being put in, and every 3 months- without fail- I have to spend $$ to get an A/C guy out to replace yet another part that is under warranty (fat lot of good THAT does when you pay more for the service than the unit is worth!) If I was going to stay in this house for more than 24 months I'd buy a new unit. If I had money to sue- I'd do that too. These units are crap, and every a/c guy that has come out has said so. I get that every manufacturer will have lemons, but Goodman seems to be in the lemonade making business. I want a new unit. I want Goodman to pay.

Date created: 2010-09-27 Name: Unhappy in Dallas
Location: Dallas, Texas

"Another failed New Unit - CLASS ACTION?"
Right at the 2 year mark the brand new unit gives out completely. Turns out to be a failed compressor - wonderful that it came with a 10 yr warranty, means all I have to do is spend several hundred $$$ of Labor and freon. I am going to take a shot at actually writing to the Company and see if they want to be nice and reimburse me for that unexpected expense, however, if they don't - this seems ripe for a consumer class action lawsuit and a Texas Deceptive Trade Practices complaint to the Atty. General.

Date created: 2010-09-24 Name: Rob
Location: Dallas

"2007 and Texas heat replaced coils"
Bought my house 3.5 years ago. Having to replace the entire coil assembly in this goodman. It went from a probable leak in Aug 28 which nearly blew the compressor motor to a full blown blowout. by 9/24. $3k into fixing so far. Next summer I'm buying a new system just for piece of mind. It won't be this goodman.

Date created: 2010-09-24 Name: Julia Fetzer
Location: Altha, FL

"Don't Buy This Brand"
We had a new Goodman installed by professionals less than a year ago and we have had nothing but troubles since. The system is more than big enough to cool our 28X50 ft. double wide mobile home but it doesn't. We just paid out over $250.00 for labor and freon while we waited for a new coil to arrive to replace the one that was leaking. We have had duct work replaced, thermostat replaced to no avail. Even with the new coil and full of new freon, our house is still not cool. I highly recommend that you do not buy this brand of air conditioning.

Date created: 2010-09-18 Name: Very unhappy
Location: Charlotte

"BEWARE Don't waste your money"
We have three Goodman units in a brand new house less then 24 months old. We have put out over $2,500 in repairs. Only a few parts that were covered needed to be replaced. Most of our problems are with leaks and things that don't require parts. Had to add a kick start just to get one unit to consistently turn on! Don't buy this system. We lived in Florida for over 20 yrs. Never had a problem with my Trane. Let the AC guy talk us into buying Goodman - I can see why - he is making a killing off of us!!!

Date created: 2010-09-17 Name: Greg

"Goodman AC Failure"
Have a 4 ton Goodman AC that is 18 months old. Inside coil failure and I have to pay for shipping and labor. P Poor warranty not to mention poor quality due to early failure.

Date created: 2010-09-15 Name: hot and unhappy
Location: CA

"2 years old. over $1500 in repairs = not working"
Two years ago we have a Goodman installed. The next year it wasnt cooling. The tech said there must be a leak in the pipes to the attic and did over $1100 in work for new pipes and replaced the gas. This year we had a different tech come out. He found a leak in coil. He said Goodmans have a very high rate of failure and his company has (at their cost) replaced every Goodman they installed. Too bad I did use them initially. :) Well Over $200 later he tells me that the new pipes were not needed. And that I have a huge paper weight now. Being that this is an "older" style with the type of gas that is not currently used it would be $500 to recharge and that would only last a short time. He said if I turn it on as it, that is would destroy the rest of the system with the lack of gas in it. So a 2 year old system is worthless. :( We dont have the money for a replacement or even to pay the labor on warranty parts and gas. Just crap.

Date created: 2010-09-14 Name: Paul

"Great Product for the Money"
I am an HVAC contractor and install several brands. Goodman is not my primary brand but I recently installed it on my daughter's home because of the cost and warranty. I would like to point out that hvac equipment is like cars, all brands make lemons, its man-made. However, with proper care & maintenance most systems will last many, many years. So I would suggest researching the install contractor as thoroughly as you do the equipment. The install is usually were the problems start.

Date created: 2010-09-13 Name: DOUG D.
Location: MONTGOMERY, ALABAMA

"EVAPORATIVE COIL IS A DESIGN DEFECT!"
I have had this Goodman A/C unit for just over 2 years and the cool air has stopped coming out at least 4 times. The repair man stated that the EVAP coil in the attic has a leak. The repair man also stated this is a know issue and is also a design issue, which goodman has fixed as of July 2010 but is only on new units. The price to fix this is $800.00. I called the company in Texas and the person that answered the phone was very arrogant and not-supportive to customer feedback. Unporfessional and not customer oriented company. DO NOT BUY A GOODMAN! I PLAN ON FILING A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT.

Date created: 2010-09-10 Name: Maria S
Location: Apex, NC

"Don't Buy a Goodman"
Bought my unit in June of 2008, by 2009 it was having problems cooling. Then when 2010 summer rolled around, the unit would not cool. AC repair man accused me of harming the unit, but finally found out that there is a recall on the faulty condenser coil. However, my unit which uses the same coil as the recall, was not on the recall list. It is been almost four.. yes four hot months in NC with no air conditioning from my goodman unit. The repair man will not show up and Goodman was slow in responding. Very disappointed in Goodman and it's products.