Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN central air conditioners

Read more about GOODMAN central air conditioners

Date created: 2010-11-01 Name: Jim
Location: PSL, Florida

"Carrier"
After reading all of these comments, I choose to spend $1000 extra and geta Ser 16 Carrier with 10 year labor and warranty. Thanks for steering me away from this junk.

Date created: 2010-10-29 Name: Lee Sanders
Location: Florida

"Bad unit would not recommend to anyone"
Had new 8 kw A/C unit installed in 20 November 2009, to take advantage of tax credit. Old unit was still okay but 15 years old. Goodman installed by local dealer and had minor problem with cooling. Fast forward to Oct 2010 during summer I noticed minor cooling problem now unit stopped cooling entirely. Tech said refrigerant leak in coils. The entire system has to be removed and replaced. Fortunately, it was less than one year as I had no labor warranty just the 10 company warranty. Now I wonder how long before it craps out again. Two neighbors one across from me spent over $1200 to have same problem after 2 1/2 years same type unit. I would not recommend this company to anyone.

Date created: 2010-10-14 Name: Jesse J.

"PROUD OWNER"
I have purchased two Goodman units in the last 3 yrs one 13 seer for my home and a 16 seer for my mother. The contractor who installed the equipment was very professional and the equipment works like a champ especialy compared to th Rheem & york we owned before. Very Happy!!

Date created: 2010-10-13 Name: L Woods
Location: Tulsa, OK

"Terrible units"
Bought new home with 3 (not so) Goodman units. Within first 18 months compressor went out on one unit - cost over $1,000 to get repaired with warranty! Now second unit has leaks in the condensor coil and the evap coil is full of leaks! Est cost to get this repaired is over $2600 with warranty! Bad product - beware

Date created: 2010-10-12 Name: John Doe
Location: Seattle, WA

"DON'T BUY GOODMAN"
I bought my new furnace with heat pump in 2008, and I have had nothing but problems. The most recent problem being the compressor has now gone out. I now see this appears to be a common problem based on what others have already said here. I'm so frustrated with this crap and I would love think it would be a good idea to put this company out of business!

Date created: 2010-10-05 Name: Alberto Ramirez
Location: El Paso, TX

"Trash"
I purchased this unit 2 yrs ago, and I do not recommend this brand, coil and fan blades failed already

Date created: 2010-09-29 Name: Scott Heyboer
Location: Grand Rapids, MI

"Mr"
Love it! Resonable price and great quality. Couldn't be happier!

Date created: 2010-09-28 Name: jeff murphy
Location: henderson,ky

"Murphy's law"
Put in two new complete systems 2008 been getting a rotten egg smell when the air kicks on call two different service co. could not fix it call goodman got the run around still trying to get this fixed will not buy again.

Date created: 2010-09-28 Name: Pissed off in Houston
Location: Houston, Tx

"Class Action Time!"
I moved into a new home with a new Goodman HVAC unit 5 years ago. The compressor has failed, the fan has failed twice, the freon leaks despite new parts being put in, and every 3 months- without fail- I have to spend $$ to get an A/C guy out to replace yet another part that is under warranty (fat lot of good THAT does when you pay more for the service than the unit is worth!) If I was going to stay in this house for more than 24 months I'd buy a new unit. If I had money to sue- I'd do that too. These units are crap, and every a/c guy that has come out has said so. I get that every manufacturer will have lemons, but Goodman seems to be in the lemonade making business. I want a new unit. I want Goodman to pay.

Date created: 2010-09-27 Name: Unhappy in Dallas
Location: Dallas, Texas

"Another failed New Unit - CLASS ACTION?"
Right at the 2 year mark the brand new unit gives out completely. Turns out to be a failed compressor - wonderful that it came with a 10 yr warranty, means all I have to do is spend several hundred $$$ of Labor and freon. I am going to take a shot at actually writing to the Company and see if they want to be nice and reimburse me for that unexpected expense, however, if they don't - this seems ripe for a consumer class action lawsuit and a Texas Deceptive Trade Practices complaint to the Atty. General.