Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN central air conditioners

Read more about GOODMAN central air conditioners

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2016-03-29 Name: Al Clark
Location: Tampa Bay, FL

"Good Goodman"
The Goodman unit I purchased was the best A/C I have owned. I purchased a 15 SEER unit at the time my state minimum requirement was 12 SEER. It had a lifetime guaranteed Copeland scroll pump that was very quiet and the increased SEER shaved 30% off my electric bill. The unit is 17 years old and now needs replacement but I have been very pleased with this Goodman and will undoubtedly purchase another.

Date created: 2016-02-17 Name: Richard W Acord Sr
Location: Peoria, AZ

Bought a new Goodman in 2009. The 3rd year it broke, replacement parts not under warranty. 2014, 5 years later, we are told by 2 different service companies that the unit is leaking and is not repairable. Called Goodman, they said sorry, out of warranty. 5 years, what a joke, and Goodman service department is a joke as well. Take my word and others on here do not buy a Goodman! You've been warned!

Date created: 2016-01-26 Name: amy moye
Location: Winfield, AL

"Horrible"
My first unit was purchased 10/31/2008. I had so many service calls I had to threaten to sue the installer and Goodman and finally got a new one installed on 01/18/2013. Goodman would not start the warranty over with the new unit. I have called and the air conditioning company that is now having to work on the new one has called and they still will not change it. My warranty reads reg date 11/03/2008, mfg date 09/10/2012, install date 01/17/2013 (which isn't even correct). Do not ever buy a Goodman, learn from my mistake!

Date created: 2016-01-20 Name: Bill Yost
Location: Charlotte, NC

"Goodman heat pump"
I have a Goodman unit that was installed prior to me buying the house. Compressor needed to be replaced just after 3 years. Now after 5 additional years the coil leaks and the compressor is once again in need of replacing. I would not recommend a Goodman unit.

Date created: 2016-01-08 Name: G.Correia
Location: Winchester,MA

"An okay evaporator"
I have had my Goodman unit for 15 years straight without too many problems. The unit has survived some very bad winters too, when it was covered in snow. However, the unit is loud, and the coil cover is very flexible. Also, the fan motor leaked a bit of oil once. I would not get this brand again, and would not advise getting a Goodman.

Date created: 2015-11-20 Location: Sacramento, CA

"Great, reliable AC system for a home!"
I bought the system in June 2014 because the summer was getting real hot. Installation was easy, I had Sears come out and do the installation. It has performed real well in my 1300 square foot house. I have heard good things about Goodman products and am glad I made the investment.

Date created: 2015-11-06 Name: Lela mcferrin
Location: Chattanooga, TN

"This system did not meet expectations"
I had to replace the motor two months out of warranty. Sorry, but this Goodman system should have lasted longer 5 years and 2 months. Very disappointed! Beware!

Date created: 2015-11-05 Name: J French
Location: Maryville, TN

"Total crap"
Built our house in 2003 and went with a Goodman unit. In January 2010 the compressor went out, $680; then in March 2010 the coil was leaking, $640. In January 2012 the compressor went out again so I bought a whole new unit to hopefully get rid of the problems, $3047. In June of 2015 had to add Freon, $45, and now November 2015 both the coil and compressor have gone out, $1364, although Goodman's customer service said they would pay $325 to help. Not good enough, fool me twice shame on me. I'm buying a new product that will hopefully last more than 4 years. Total crap!

Date created: 2015-10-22 Name: Renee
Location: St Petersburg, FL

"Just bought house, 2009 Goodman AC failed!"
We just bought a house less than 2 months ago and the 2009 Goodman AC has failed miserably just outside the 5 year warranty. These units should last at least 10 years. Now we have to either repair it for $2300 or replace it for more than $4000. Horrible unit with a class action lawsuit against the Goodman AC company for failed condenser coils. I hope the lawsuit wins so all of us can get our money back for these horribly made units!

Date created: 2015-10-12 Name: gena
Location: Corona, CA

"HVAC system"
Brand new unit I saved up for. They have repaired it many times. It's very noisy and unpleasant. They told me noise is normal. Seems like when it is humid it does not cool. I do not even want to turn it on. I would think a government agency would go after this company for ripping folks off. I don't even know where the serial numbers are and there is no Goodman logo on either unit so is it really a Goodman? Manufacturer says to take it up with the installer. Really? Better Business Bureau is next on my list. Very concerned about warranty issues later.

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>