Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN central air conditioners

Read more about GOODMAN central air conditioners

Date created: 2011-02-15 Name: B.
Location: FLORIDA

"BEYOND BAD !!!"
I PURCHASED A NEW GOODMAN AIR HANDLER FROM UNLIMITED AIR FOR $1295 (THINKING THEY KNEW WHAT THEY WERE SELLING AND WOULD STAND BEHIND THEIR PRODUCT)IN 2006. LESS THAN 2 YEARS LATER, NO FREON, FROZE UP AND I WAS TOLD THE EVAPORATOR COILS WERE BAD. THEY WERE 'COVERED UNDER THE WARRANTY' BUT IT COST ME $495 IN LABOR !!! (I LIVE IN FLORIDA AND LIVING IN A 90 DEGREE HOME ISN'T AN OPTION FOR LONG). LESS THAN A YEAR LATER, FROZE UP AGAIN (OVER $100 IN FREON COSTS) AND THEN LAST YEAR (2 YEARS AFTER THE COILS WERE REPLACED) I WAS TOLD THE COILS WERE BAD BUT STILL UNDER WARRANTY. I REFUSE TO PAY ANOTHER $495 LABOR TO KEEP FIXING AN OBVIOUSLY DEFECTIVE UNIT. GOODMAN WON'T DO ANYTHING (THEY WOULD NOT PAY FOR THE LABOR TO REPLACE THE COILS AND NOW TOLD THE A/C COMPANY THEY WON'T REPLACE THE COILS EVEN UNDER THE WARRANTY AFTER THE FIRST TIME). I'M GETTING A LAWYER, SUING EVERYONE AND GOING TO THE TELEVISION CONSUMER REPORTERS LOCALLY TO EXPOSE THEM ALL. WHAT A DISGRACE !!!

Date created: 2011-02-07 Name: Mona Smith
Location: Tulsa, OK

"Dissatisfaction of Goodman unit"
I had an extensive remodel on my house when I bought my house 2 years ago and the contractor put a Goodman in and I have had nothing but trouble with it.

Date created: 2011-02-02 Name: bruce k
Location: pasadena, texas

"Evap coil"
To those who dont know goodman sales more than anyone else so if all others have the same problem which they do. then you do the math bkelley houston texas 26 years + hvac

Date created: 2011-01-27 Name: Penny
Location: guyton, ga

"My broke down unit"
We have had our home for only three years and we already have to replace the evaporator coil in our unit. I spoke to several heating and air repair places and they all said the goodman units were bad for this.

Date created: 2010-12-31 Name: Rush
Location: Wincheter, VA

"13+yrs and going strong"
I bought a house in No. Virginia in 1997 that had no AC and electric baseboard heat. I immediately had a Nat. gas furnace (Dependable 92), Central AC for the 1st floor (2.5ton) and a heat pump installed upstairs (1.5 ton). I had the igniter replaced twice on the furnace in 14 winters. No other maintenance required. I chose Goodman simply because it was half the price of the others and I was broke. Total install including ducting and a water heater about 10K. The dealer installer was very honest with me, he informed me that the heat pump is great in moderate temperatures but will struggle in the extremes. 100+F days the HeatPump struggles to maintain 75F and below 0 winter nights struggles to maintain 70. The furnace and AC unit downstairs have had no problems in maintaining desired temperatures in any climate. This is my 14th year and I know the units will need replacing soon. Fortunately the dealer installer is still in business and should have no problem swapping out units as needed. I do plan on using a different brand for the Heat pump though! Overall I have had minimal issues and feel very satisfied with the GOODMAN products! Good Luck Rush

Date created: 2010-12-27 Name: K. Wright
Location: wilmington,NC

"H/A gas pack"
Sorry I let the contractor talk me into buying a Goodman for our home! Had problems with leaking coil, bad circuit board within 3 -6 months after installation. Between the frustration of such a large purchase(gas pack heating/cooling unit)being problematic, and the local supplier charging me $125 for replacement of faulty parts that are allegedly "UNDER WARRANTY", which obviously does not mean free replacement...READ THE FINE PRINT

Date created: 2010-12-24 Name: Don Curry
Location: Tuscaloosa AL

"Poor Results"
Installed 2 units in my home in 2008.In 2010 I had to replace a dryer.I had to pay 325.00 for labor.One month later coils in both units stop working within weeks of each other.I am out about 900.00 for repairs and am scared that this will not be the end of it.I wrote Goodman about my problems and they offered me 200.00 dollars as a goodwill gesture(their words).

Date created: 2010-12-24 Name: Bill
Location: Mooresville, Indiana

"Goodman Install"
You know, the gentleman who stated that you folks need to understand that a good licensed installer makes the biggest difference is probably the best entry here. All mechanical devices may at one time or another have an issue. Too many times people blame the "brand", when as previously stated, many of these manufacturers acquire their parts from the exact same place. My Goodman, installed by a class company/individual, has worked flawlessly for 2 years. Murphy's law may raise its ugly head right after I click the "send" button on this review, but I'll make a call to my guy and get it taken care of. My advice, stop bashing companies (manufacturers)that work their tail off under strict regulations to build a good product and start blaming yourself because you hired a subpar installer. Oh, and Merry Christmas.

Date created: 2010-12-15 Name: Dee

"A/c and heat pump"
Thanks for submitting your reviews. I was considering purchasing a Goodman unit. I won't now.

Date created: 2010-12-06 Name: J. Voght
Location: Mississippi Coast

"Do Not Buy"
Have two homes that have two Goodman units each - Put in in 2008. Was to be one of the best installers in area. House 1. Replaced reversing valve, Replaced pump, One has noise they cannot find (I know it is in the pump), so both pumps will be replaced. House 2. Replaced both Coils, Replaced thermastat, one still having cooling problems (only way it works is to put in way toooo much coolent) Will be repacing with another brand soon.