Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN central air conditioners

Read more about GOODMAN central air conditioners

Date created: 2010-12-24 Name: Don Curry
Location: Tuscaloosa AL

"Poor Results"
Installed 2 units in my home in 2008.In 2010 I had to replace a dryer.I had to pay 325.00 for labor.One month later coils in both units stop working within weeks of each other.I am out about 900.00 for repairs and am scared that this will not be the end of it.I wrote Goodman about my problems and they offered me 200.00 dollars as a goodwill gesture(their words).

Date created: 2010-12-24 Name: Bill
Location: Mooresville, Indiana

"Goodman Install"
You know, the gentleman who stated that you folks need to understand that a good licensed installer makes the biggest difference is probably the best entry here. All mechanical devices may at one time or another have an issue. Too many times people blame the "brand", when as previously stated, many of these manufacturers acquire their parts from the exact same place. My Goodman, installed by a class company/individual, has worked flawlessly for 2 years. Murphy's law may raise its ugly head right after I click the "send" button on this review, but I'll make a call to my guy and get it taken care of. My advice, stop bashing companies (manufacturers)that work their tail off under strict regulations to build a good product and start blaming yourself because you hired a subpar installer. Oh, and Merry Christmas.

Date created: 2010-12-15 Name: Dee

"A/c and heat pump"
Thanks for submitting your reviews. I was considering purchasing a Goodman unit. I won't now.

Date created: 2010-12-06 Name: J. Voght
Location: Mississippi Coast

"Do Not Buy"
Have two homes that have two Goodman units each - Put in in 2008. Was to be one of the best installers in area. House 1. Replaced reversing valve, Replaced pump, One has noise they cannot find (I know it is in the pump), so both pumps will be replaced. House 2. Replaced both Coils, Replaced thermastat, one still having cooling problems (only way it works is to put in way toooo much coolent) Will be repacing with another brand soon.

Date created: 2010-12-01 Name: S Haas
Location: GA

"Nothing but trouble"
We bought two ac/heating units in 2008. There have been multiple replacement parts and service repair visits. After the first year we have had to pay for the service visits and it is getting very expensive. The service repair person told me during his last visit that the company he works for is having to do a lot of repair work on this brand. It is terrible to worry about if and when your heating and air system will break again.

Date created: 2010-11-30 Name: Ashley Tanner
Location: Omaha, NE

"3.5 ton 14 seer"
Got a new ac 3 years ago and works like a charm. Recommended to mine and my wifes parents and everyone is happy. Cool and less expensive.

Date created: 2010-11-27 Name: Jim L.
Location: Brook Park, Ohio

"Saved me a lot of money"
We replaced our 20 year old Janitrol 2 ton air conditioner with a 2 ton ,13 seer unit and gas furnace this past June and are very pleased! Our June electric bill was $81 and it wasn't very warm outside, but we would turn it on at 4:30 in the afternoon and run it to get the house cooled down so we could sleep comfortably. It was a 10 SEER rated. We had the new system installed the end of June and started using it the first heat wave on July 2nd! We decided to run it the whole month and see if it was really energy efficient as we were led to believe. Our July electric bill was $86, only $5 more than Junes bill was! It would cycle nicely and kept our 1050 sq ft ranch home nice and cool at 72 degrees! We are very pleased with our Goodman unit! we will review our new gas furnace, 70,000 btu- 80% efficient unit half way through the winter season. we hope the savings there will also be substancial!

Date created: 2010-11-26 Name: S. Soto
Location: Tampa, FL

"Piece of crap"
Had a complete system installed 2 1/2 years ago, by a CERTIFIED, A-RATED, LICENSED COMPANY no less (sorry if that bothers the gentleman shilling for Goodman). It has been trouble from 3-months post install, and has had to have service approximately every 3 months. It leaks coolant, it freezes then leaks all over the garage, and several of the Schrader valves have had to be replaced. We're considering a suit, but I have little hope we'd win. The installer no longer offers Goodman, and has gone to Carrier with a 10 year parts AND labor warranty, but we don't think we care to deal with him again. He should have ripped this piece of crap out while it was still in the first year of the warranty, so for that, we don't have confidence in him either. Would be VERY happy to be part of a class action suit against Goodman if one exists.

Date created: 2010-11-17 Name: Usmc Gab

"USMCGAB"
With the exception of Trane whop has its own compressor, ALL units have the same parts in them. And yes even trane has the same coils,fan motors, and etc...It all starts with the installer. As an Electrical and HVAC contractor I see a lot of screw ups in these installations. Just like all man made products you are going to have some lemons. Over all Goodman has the best warranty of them all and the best price. Remember, it your installer is not a license contractor through the state or the authority having jurisdiction, then you have a boot leggier and you get what you pay for. The majority of the problems I have seen, has always been poor installation

Date created: 2010-11-16 Name: R Wessel
Location: Louisville KY.

"Works great!"
Built a new home 2 years ago and installed a 3 1/2 ton Goodman unit. The AC unit has worked without any problems and the utility bills are very reasonable. I think a lot of the issues people run into is a result of poor installation quality of some HVAC companies.