Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN central air conditioners

Read more about GOODMAN central air conditioners

Date created: 2011-04-26 Name: Michael R.
Location: Humble, TX

"Never again"
Replaced my 13 year old American Standard with the same size Goodman (inside and outside units). It cannot cool my house. Even the old failing American Standard could cool the house down. They put in a larger compressor. Then an additional return air vent. It still can't cool the house when the temperature is above 90F. It froze up over the weekend, so apparently the coolant is low. Same problem last year. This thing is only 2 years old!!! It does have a 10 year warranty so the leaks will be fixed. But even if they fix the leaks, it still can't cool the house on warm days...and the warranty doesn't cover that. They say "it is working according to specifications." I will investigate the cost to upgrade to another brand.

Date created: 2011-04-19 Name: S Kennedy
Location: Pensacola, FL

"Will NEVER buy again or recommend"
I purchased and had a Goodman unit installed in 2005. I replaced both the outside and inside units with Goodman. Fortunately I have a 10 year warranty. Each year since purchased it has failed. Some years just maintenance required. Other repairs needed, a capacitor, a circuit board (thought my house was on fire with that one), the fan (a blade came loose and was knocking)and this year we are replacing the coils. I have been informed by my AC guy this is becoming a big issue with these units. Labor is not covered under the warranty so you have to cover that.

Date created: 2011-04-18 Name: Craig
Location: Orange County, CA

"Choose your Contractor"
After reading most of the reviews on this site, It really appears that most of the bad reviews actually refer more to workmanship and installation quality rather than the product itself. Leaks are due to poor workmanship of the installer and a company that doesn't return your phone calls is not a reflection of Goodman quality. Airwest, inc. has been responsive and my equipment has performed properly.

Date created: 2011-04-12 Name: M. Martin

"Worst AC unit ever!!!!"
Bought new home with Goodman unit...had freon put in at 3rd year, new condenser at 4th year and coming up on 5th year,,,,,need new unit. You don't get a receipt when it comes with a new home. How do you get it repaired? Seems like we have over 200 complaints here. I'm thinking CLASS ACTION LAW SUIT!!

Date created: 2011-04-10 Name: just another angry owner
Location: Texas

"All those who support goodman"
For all those of you who support this company, they are well known, we are finding out, for doing things as cheaply as possible. We were just told by our service man that our unit has to have the evaporator coil replaced, just like the majority of people who have the same unit. They used cheap Mexican crap, and homeowners have been responsible for replacing them. Just like car manufacturers, where is the recall and doing what is right? They might sell more than anyone else, but I will never EVER trust this company. Do not blame the installers. Blame the company who does not do what is right.

Date created: 2011-04-07 Name: A. Allen
Location: Greenville, SC

"DEFECTIVE FROM THE START"
After putting in freon nearly every summer a tech pulled the coil and discovered a leak on the inside that could not be fixed. Bad part is their warranty ended a year ago on the unit and even though we have the documents proving it was faulty, they won't help. So now we are facing $1000 for labor and coil or a new unit for $2000. Not going with Goodman though. Researching other brands.

Date created: 2011-04-05 Name: Russell Snoddy
Location: New Orleans

"Katrina Goodman"
When we returned home after Katrina we found our Goodman laying in the backyard but still attached to the house. It was hot so I turned it on. Worked fine. 5 years later still works fine. When it does finally fail I'll replace with another Goodman !

Date created: 2011-03-27 Name: Stephanie
Location: Mississippi

"Very Unsatisfied- Bad odor from unit"
Several years ago, we had to replace our air conditioning unit. Our local dealer who is experienced, licensed, etc., recommended Goodman. Although we usually do research before big purchases, we did not since we have know the dealer for over 20 years and have been very satisfied with the business. WHAT A MISTAKE!! It worked fine the summer we had it installed. The next spring/summer when we went back to cooling from heating, there was a bad odor that came from the vents. When we called our dealer, he said something about the "dirty sock" smell that some have complained of. It was upsetting since apparently this problem is frequent enough that the dealer had a "name" for the smell. He had to come and clean the coils for the odor to go away. The next summer, the same scenario. Last year we were charged a cleaning/servicing fee of about $200. A few months ago, the unit didn't work and a part had to be replaced. The dealer didn't charge us for service that time, although he said the warranty only covers the part, not the labor. We have let him know how disappointed we are with this unit. The smell makes us sick. He says he no longer sells Goodman. Apparently we aren't his only disatisfied customers Last week, we had to turn on the cool air for the first time this year, and "dirty sock" odor again. We'll have to call tomorrow for another coil cleaning. If only we had done some research, we could have been spared this inconvenience.

Date created: 2011-03-23 Name: dd

"DO NOT BUY GOODMAN"
WORSED EVER

Date created: 2011-03-14 Name: B. Bailey
Location: Pensacola, FL

"Failure to Satisfy Warranty"
After several months of continually replacing freon in a brand new ac unit, we contacted the company asking for a replacement. For over a month we got the run around and after four months still no satisfaction. BUYER BEWARE!! These are not folks who honor their word.