Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN central air conditioners

Read more about GOODMAN central air conditioners

Date created: 2011-05-25 Name: M. Kennedy
Location: Austin, TX

"DON'T get a Goodman!!!!"
I moved into a brand new house less than 2 years ago, and last night I had to call an AC repair place because my unit was not cooling despite running 24/7. The repair man said that he had to add 10 pounds of freon because the evaporator coil was leaking and that it needs replacing. He said the good news is that the part is under warranty, but the bad news is that labor isn't covered and is $1268!!!! OMG! I can't believe that I paid $404 for the service call and freon last night, and now I have to pay for labor to replace a part that is less than 2 years old?!?!?! I will never have a Goodman again!!!!

Date created: 2011-05-24 Name: S Roby
Location: Richmond, VA

"Poor Quality!"
This is the 3rd unit that I have owned. The first one came with the house and failed at 3 yrs. Labor was not covered by warranty. We have repeated this cycle 2 more times! The device also leaks coolant and later freezes up. I am ready to rip out a perfectly good furnace just to get away from this brand.

Date created: 2011-05-23 Name: Lorraine Yarn

"Mrs"
I have had for 1 month already had to replace the coil and a new compresser, if I would have read this page I would have never purchased. The poor guy that put it in has been out here 7 times and coming back again today. Will not exchange for a new one and can not get money back.

Date created: 2011-05-16 Name: M Warx
Location: Cleveland

"Leaking Coil"
My coil starterd leaking this year and the contractor I called informed me that he is replacing at least 3 per week. He said Goodman was aware of the problem and even though they are failing at such a high rate they have no desire to help the homeowner with the cost to replace it ot the R-22. Cheap is Cheap

Date created: 2011-05-14 Name: Eva Browning
Location: Reston, VA

"Goodman AC - Planned Obsolescence?"
My new Goodman AC unit, less than 3 years old, wouldn't turn on this spring when the weather warmed up. I wasn't overly concerned because I knew that it was still under warranty. The repairman said that the problem was a bad valve that had allowed the freon to leak out and that it needed to be replaced. While the valve was still under warrentee, the house call, diagnostics, freon refill and repair were not covered. I don't kow how much the valve cost, but the other charges came to $1200 out of pocket for a unit that was three years old. Do you hoemwork, consumers. Don't allow your ac installer to chose the brand of equipment for you. And take my advise and don't even consider buying a Goodman.

Date created: 2011-05-12 Name: matt
Location: brentwood, tn

"Goodman JUNK"
We installed 3 Goodman units / the 4.5 ton is constantly freezing up. We've had our AC installer look at it 4 times. First time he looked at it, the return filter was too high end. You need to use the cheapest filter or the condenser freezes. 2nd time it was 1 lb light on coolant. Now, the compressor kicks on and off. Cools than freezes. What a piece of JUNK! Save your self the hassle, Don't buy Goodman. We have had 5 different problems with this unit in a year. Oh yeah, a wire on the unit melted also and shut it down.

Date created: 2011-05-11 Name: Shirley R. Beard
Location: Evensville, Tennessee

"Goodmans warranty stinks"
We had a new Goodman Heating & Air Unit Installed in 2009. When we started it up this year 2011/// the air would not cool. I find out that the great 10 year warranty only cover parts. I was not told this or that after a year I had to buy an extended warranty. I just paid 450.00 to have the unit repaired. They only paid for the Evaporator coil that had gone bad after 1 years use. I had to pay 150.00 freight to have the part shipped, plus they charged me 50.00 because the crook that installed it would not come out. Plus I had to pay labor and OVER 100.00 for Freon even though the part caused the freon to leak out. Buyers Beware!!!! You may as well not have a warranty. Any company should fix a unit the second year you have it. To heck with warranties, just be an honest company and do what's right. Wish I had read the reviews before I bought. Hope this keeps someone else from making the same mistake.

Date created: 2011-05-11 Name: David C
Location: Jonesboro, GA

"Leaks Freon"
Began leaking freon a year after installation. When charged, however, cools great in summer and furnace is very good. Outside unit is fairly quiet. I've read a lot of reviews here stating same freon leak problem. I don't think a leaking evaporator coil is an installer problem as a few have suggested. The coil is not installed by a contractor when buying a complete HVAC unit like I did.

Date created: 2011-05-06 Name: M. Allen
Location: Greenville, SC

"Better Business Bureau In Houston, Texas Will Help"
Goodman's customer service is terrible. My coil has leaked for over three years and they would not return my request for a supervisor to call me. I emailed the Better Business Bureau in Houston, Texas and got immediate email replies from the supervisors. They will take care of you if you go through the BBB. These companies have to know what we want and expect good products and service!!

Date created: 2011-05-05 Name: d. Tonsberg
Location: missouri city tx

"Heat pump"
I have 3 5 ton units in my house 2 are okay but the 3rd i have spent over 2400.00 on labor they are 3 years old and when i called goodman relations they gave me the old heave ho and said call another service person. I am going to trane.