Consumer Reviews of Goodman central air conditioners

Read more about Goodman central air conditioners

Date created: 2011-06-28 Name: Joe_Consumer
Location: Rural, MB

"GOODMAN MFG A TOTAL SCAM!!!"
3 YEARS IN A ROW - FREON LEAKS OUT, GOODMAN INSISTS THAT I PAY FOR REPAIR UP FRONT BEFORE THEY DECIDE IF THEY WILL HELP WITH REPAIR COST, THEN THEY BLAME THE LEAK ON INSTALLER AND WILL NOT PAY A CENT! GOODMAN MFG IS THE BIGGEST SCAM GOING!!!!!

Date created: 2011-06-23 Name: N
Location: IL

"What a waste of money!!!"
Our house is five years old(new construction)and we already have to replace the A/C with a new one because the freons were low and fluctuating and there was a leak somewhere in the system among other problems. Now that we have installed the unit, the installation company has discovered a problem with the computer board of the furnace. I have read the complaints of the users and they all seem to be similar to me. How can one company have so many issues and still be allowed to sell a product that should have much more longevity than 5 years!!!! I would not recommend that anyone who values a dollar purchase this equipment.
Date created: 2011-06-22 Name: Joe
Location: columbus, indiana

"Should not be sold"
Nothing, nothing, nothing but problems. If I had the money it would be out of the house tomorrow. I will pay more in repair cost than I paid for the unit. Another problem may be it was not installed correctly. Why does the government let them sell Goodmans.
Date created: 2011-06-21 Name: a. d. matos
Location: Fairfax, VA

"Wost Reliability in Industry"
I just purchased a high efficiency Goodman A/C and Furnace. I paid over 8 Thousand dollars and had it installed by Pride A/C and Heating. The unit is two (2) years old and it already broke. The company misdiagnosed the problem on their first visit and on the second visit they advised a pressure valve malfunctioned. I am now without A/C on a 90 degree day because they cannot find the part. REALLY…A BRAND NEW A/C SYSTEM AND IT BREAKS AND THE COMPANY CANNOT FIND THE PART. Goodman A/C units are junk and not reliable. Stay away from any and all of these systems, no matter what the price. Never buy a Goodman.
Date created: 2011-06-15 Name: rich
Location: nj

"Not All Air Conditioners Created Equal"
I hate the reviewers compairing their Goodman to other brands because they use the same brand compressors. The compressor manufacturer make the compressor to the standards requested by the AC manufacturer. That means a quiet copeland compressor in a lennox unit is not the same as the noisey one designed for the goodman. The same goes for the fans, relays, and other components made for the other AC brands. Why do you think Goodmans are so cheap. And their gas furnaces, You are lucky to get 5 to 10 years from their stamped clamshell heat exchangers. All it takes is poor filter maintenance to cause the rings to pop. No Good Goodman
Date created: 2011-06-11 Name: richard mosher

"Evaporator Coil"
When my wife and I purchased our house it was 18 months old. We got a service maintinence plan, when the company came out to check our system, they foun it to be low on freon. They checked for leaks and found a leak in the evaporater coil. The coil was still under warranty, but the lobor to put in the new one was $900.00. Now I am finding out that a large number of the coils in our development are failing.
Date created: 2011-06-10 Name: K Barton
Location: Memphis, TN

"Goodman AC Not Fit For Use"
For the second consecutive year, I am replacing a Goodman AC unit. House was bought 4 years ago and a Goodman unit had recently been installed, no doubt because it was one of the cheapest available. That unit failed last year. Yes, it was still covered by warranty, but I had to eat the $800 labor for installation. Now, after less than one year, that same unit has failed. I will try to work a deal with my heat and air contractor to replace with a different unit, and will gladly pay the difference. This product stinks and I will do whatever I can to replace with something more reliable.
Date created: 2011-06-09 Name: David
Location: Jacksonville, Fl.

"Home owner"
I had a Goodman unit installed 4 years ago. It has been a problem sice the first month it was installed. The Company that installed it refuses to come out and work on it. I have had the evaperater coil replace three times. each time it cost me $825.00 for freon and labor. I called Goodman and there reply is we only warranty the parts. Goodman products are junk. There should be a law suit filed againest the company. This is fraud. Everyone one encluding Goodman knows they have a issue with there product. Goodman be responceable DO SOMETHING with your product.
Date created: 2011-06-09 Name: d short
Location: Courtice, Ont

"Goodman Air Conditioner"
Had a Goodman air conditioner installed in 2008, worked great the first year, 2011 is the third year in a row that I have had to call a technician for service and each time the unit was out of coolant and had to be re-charged, was fully charged last night and surprise, no cold air coming out of the unit, now appears the system is not holding the coolant at all. This has to be some form of enviromental issue with all these Goodman units leaking coolant into the enviroment and hopefully not into my residence. I'm planning on replacing it with a Unit from reputable company.
Date created: 2011-06-07 Name: S. Groot
Location: Dulles Virginia

"Avoid Goodman AC"
We bought our unit in 2005 and it has been nothing but trouble. Every season the unit fails to switch; heat to AC or AC to heat. I've had solenoid coils and reversing valves break. What unit needs a new reversing valve every year! Their parts are terrible, must be made in China. The gentleman in customer service was not at all nice or helpful. Now the installer won't return my calls or come out to fix the unit. The unit broke in April, it took 3 weeks to get the repair person to come and replace the solenoid coil for the 3 time. Two days later the reversing valve broke AGAIN! Piece of junk.