Consumer Reviews of Goodman central air conditioners

Read more about Goodman central air conditioners

Date created: 2011-07-17 Name: G. Fundora
Location: Miami Fl.

"Stay away from Goodman"
I live in South Florida. Prior to buying this unit I had a 20 year old Trane. As old as that unit was it cooled better with less problems. This unit was recommended by my a/c guy because of the 10 year warranty. Since I dealt with my a/c guy for several years I took his advice (not knowing of Goodman). He also told me that Sears sold Goodman under the Sears brand. What a mistake this unit has been -- nothing but problems since day one. In the 4 years I have had it I have had 10 service calls. I have had it with this unit and have demanded my a/c guy to replace it with another brand. Stay away from Goodman -- pay a little more -- it is well worth it.

Date created: 2011-07-16 Name: Joel Edwards
Location: Winter Haven, FL

"Evaporator coils leak every time"
I had a new house built in 2009. It came with Goodman equipment. The new evaporator coil leaked out freon 8 months after moving in. I paid to have it filled, then it leaked out again 6 months later. I eventually had a Goodman approved contractor replace the evaporator coil. The new coil only lasted 6 months before it leaked out. This stuff is junk. Did I mention the $300 power bills for it running so much?
Date created: 2011-07-14 Name: Danny
Location: Bay area, CA

"Great units, poor contractors"
I've been reading some of the reviews here and can see the problem is not with the units them self but the contractors that install them! All of the units listed have parts that are made in other countries. With that said Goodman and Amana are the same unit. Made in the same place at the same time Just as American Standard and Trane are the same! So why different ratings? Area in which they are installed and the brands that the contractors install. The contractor installing must be qualified to install any brand. If there a good company they wont have as many problems as the units are being installed correctly! Leaks come from poor welding. And are many times blamed on coils etc as the tech is not trained to find the real leak!!!
Date created: 2011-07-11 Name: M. Irvin
Location: SC

"One year old unit not working"
We bought a Goodman last summer as advised by our heat and air technician. The unit is only 1 year old and is already not working. Something is wrong with the coil and the frian leaks out. The unit is under warranty. However, it has been 8 days and we still do not have the part. Goodman says it has "shipped" but according to the UPS tracking system, it has been sitting in Texas for 7 days. The heat index in our town was 109 today. It is dangerously hot here and Goodman has made no effort to expedite this process. Do not buy a Goodman.
Date created: 2011-07-11 Name: Bone Fuentes
Location: Ashburn, VA

"Goodman is Garbage"
Bought our house 6 years ago, new, with two goodman units that came with the house. Already had to replace one entire system. Most likely will have to do the other by the end of the week. Goodman stinks worse than dog sh**!!!!
Date created: 2011-07-07 Name: Angry Homeowner
Location: League City, TX

"Hot in Texas"
We bought a new home with a Goodman 5 Ton unit about 2.5 years ago. It has been nothing but a problem. We were just informed that we have a leaking evaporator coil. The technician told us that everyone who had these new units was having similar problems. I give up on this junk! I am about to spend big bucks to replace this unit. I wish had known that this junk was in our new home when we purchased it. Another case of buyer beware and I could have saved myself $$$$$.
Date created: 2011-07-07 Name: B Browning
Location: Western NC

"Warranty and Customer Service Stinks"
Just got off of the phone with Goodman customer service. I was informed that even though they understood that my REPLACEMNET coil had been installed for 2 months and failed again that I was responsible for labor on the obviously defective/improperly designed part. I have had the unit for a little less than 2 years and this will be the fourth service call for the same problem. I am planning on filing a lawsuit against this company if they do not resolve this issue. I understand it is a parts warranty but after less that 60 days the parts they sent fails and they are just acting like this is normal business. If I tried to run my business this way I would be out of business.
Date created: 2011-07-05 Name: G Clevenger
Location: Burlington, NC

"Dont buy Goodman"
I had a pair of Goodman Central A/C units installed in a new construction home I build. These units have been nothing but trouble. I have now had to replace the upstairs Evap coil twice (by two different certified installers) and it now needs replaced again! Customer service is horrible, all I can get is form letters out of them. I dont think these people can build a functioning evap coil. Dont even think about buying one of these units.
Date created: 2011-07-05 Name: Clay
Location: Mesquite TX

"Hot in Texas"
As we closed on our house in 2006, thieves were cutting the refrigerant lines on the bottom floor unit of our new home. When we got to the home and discovered the problem, the bank, (Home was in foreclosure) stated they would repair the problem. I told them to let me speak with the A/C guy and I would kick in some money to get a good unit. Before I could get someone on the phone, they installed a Goodman. It is loud, but has perfomed okay. Yesterday when it was 105 outside, unit quit. Electricity gets to the motor but the fan won't turn. Would not purchase another Goodman for any reason. York unit for top floor is from 1996 and still running well. Both receive regular service. Think it is poorly made and poorly designed. (Loud and Inefficient)
Date created: 2011-07-03 Name: J. Atwood
Location: Knoxville, TN

My contractor recomended this unit. He said that all ac units used the same parts and just branded them differently. B.S. This unit has NEVER WORKED WELL. Now into the third summer it has failed completely. On a good day, this air conditioner slowed the internal heating of the house enough to keep it under 85. Now it blows very slightly cool air when it is not too hot. NEVER EVER BUY a GOODMAN AIR CONDITIONER. Also the warrenty is supposed to be 10 years but when I looked it up on their site, the end date is 5 years after installation.