Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN central air conditioners

Read more about GOODMAN central air conditioners

Date created: 2011-07-05 Name: Clay
Location: Mesquite TX

"Hot in Texas"
As we closed on our house in 2006, thieves were cutting the refrigerant lines on the bottom floor unit of our new home. When we got to the home and discovered the problem, the bank, (Home was in foreclosure) stated they would repair the problem. I told them to let me speak with the A/C guy and I would kick in some money to get a good unit. Before I could get someone on the phone, they installed a Goodman. It is loud, but has perfomed okay. Yesterday when it was 105 outside, unit quit. Electricity gets to the motor but the fan won't turn. Would not purchase another Goodman for any reason. York unit for top floor is from 1996 and still running well. Both receive regular service. Think it is poorly made and poorly designed. (Loud and Inefficient)

Date created: 2011-07-03 Name: J. Atwood
Location: Knoxville, TN

My contractor recomended this unit. He said that all ac units used the same parts and just branded them differently. B.S. This unit has NEVER WORKED WELL. Now into the third summer it has failed completely. On a good day, this air conditioner slowed the internal heating of the house enough to keep it under 85. Now it blows very slightly cool air when it is not too hot. NEVER EVER BUY a GOODMAN AIR CONDITIONER. Also the warrenty is supposed to be 10 years but when I looked it up on their site, the end date is 5 years after installation.

Date created: 2011-06-28 Name: Joe_Consumer
Location: Rural, MB

"GOODMAN MFG A TOTAL SCAM!!!"
3 YEARS IN A ROW - FREON LEAKS OUT, GOODMAN INSISTS THAT I PAY FOR REPAIR UP FRONT BEFORE THEY DECIDE IF THEY WILL HELP WITH REPAIR COST, THEN THEY BLAME THE LEAK ON INSTALLER AND WILL NOT PAY A CENT! GOODMAN MFG IS THE BIGGEST SCAM GOING!!!!!

Date created: 2011-06-23 Name: N
Location: IL

"What a waste of money!!!"
Our house is five years old(new construction)and we already have to replace the A/C with a new one because the freons were low and fluctuating and there was a leak somewhere in the system among other problems. Now that we have installed the unit, the installation company has discovered a problem with the computer board of the furnace. I have read the complaints of the users and they all seem to be similar to me. How can one company have so many issues and still be allowed to sell a product that should have much more longevity than 5 years!!!! I would not recommend that anyone who values a dollar purchase this equipment.

Date created: 2011-06-22 Name: Joe
Location: columbus, indiana

"Should not be sold"
Nothing, nothing, nothing but problems. If I had the money it would be out of the house tomorrow. I will pay more in repair cost than I paid for the unit. Another problem may be it was not installed correctly. Why does the government let them sell Goodmans.

Date created: 2011-06-21 Name: a. d. matos
Location: Fairfax, VA

"Wost Reliability in Industry"
I just purchased a high efficiency Goodman A/C and Furnace. I paid over 8 Thousand dollars and had it installed by Pride A/C and Heating. The unit is two (2) years old and it already broke. The company misdiagnosed the problem on their first visit and on the second visit they advised a pressure valve malfunctioned. I am now without A/C on a 90 degree day because they cannot find the part. REALLY…A BRAND NEW A/C SYSTEM AND IT BREAKS AND THE COMPANY CANNOT FIND THE PART. Goodman A/C units are junk and not reliable. Stay away from any and all of these systems, no matter what the price. Never buy a Goodman.

Date created: 2011-06-15 Name: rich
Location: nj

"Not All Air Conditioners Created Equal"
I hate the reviewers compairing their Goodman to other brands because they use the same brand compressors. The compressor manufacturer make the compressor to the standards requested by the AC manufacturer. That means a quiet copeland compressor in a lennox unit is not the same as the noisey one designed for the goodman. The same goes for the fans, relays, and other components made for the other AC brands. Why do you think Goodmans are so cheap. And their gas furnaces, You are lucky to get 5 to 10 years from their stamped clamshell heat exchangers. All it takes is poor filter maintenance to cause the rings to pop. No Good Goodman

Date created: 2011-06-11 Name: richard mosher

"Evaporator Coil"
When my wife and I purchased our house it was 18 months old. We got a service maintinence plan, when the company came out to check our system, they foun it to be low on freon. They checked for leaks and found a leak in the evaporater coil. The coil was still under warranty, but the lobor to put in the new one was $900.00. Now I am finding out that a large number of the coils in our development are failing.

Date created: 2011-06-10 Name: K Barton
Location: Memphis, TN

"Goodman AC Not Fit For Use"
For the second consecutive year, I am replacing a Goodman AC unit. House was bought 4 years ago and a Goodman unit had recently been installed, no doubt because it was one of the cheapest available. That unit failed last year. Yes, it was still covered by warranty, but I had to eat the $800 labor for installation. Now, after less than one year, that same unit has failed. I will try to work a deal with my heat and air contractor to replace with a different unit, and will gladly pay the difference. This product stinks and I will do whatever I can to replace with something more reliable.

Date created: 2011-06-09 Name: David
Location: Jacksonville, Fl.

"Home owner"
I had a Goodman unit installed 4 years ago. It has been a problem sice the first month it was installed. The Company that installed it refuses to come out and work on it. I have had the evaperater coil replace three times. each time it cost me $825.00 for freon and labor. I called Goodman and there reply is we only warranty the parts. Goodman products are junk. There should be a law suit filed againest the company. This is fraud. Everyone one encluding Goodman knows they have a issue with there product. Goodman be responceable DO SOMETHING with your product.