Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN central air conditioners

Read more about GOODMAN central air conditioners

Date created: 2011-07-23 Name: j costigan
Location: Lawrence, KS

"Very unsatisfied"
I purchased my home almost 2 years ago (in the fall) I was excited that the ac unit was only 7 years old, but I came to feel quite differently once summer rolled around. For any of you who have lived in Kansas in the summer, July and August are particularly brutal -- especially this summer where we have experienced temps in the triple digits for weeks now. My ac has been woefully inadequate and in fact I just installed a window unit to help my ac function properly. I realize that this is a less expensive choice, but (as is true in most cases) you get what you pay for. If you have the resources I highly suggest purchasing a more powerful and reputable unit. You will definitely thank your lucky stars when the hot summer months roll around!

Date created: 2011-07-22 Name: D. DeFazio
Location: PA

"Holy Humidity"
Replaced our old unit (Carrier) with a Goodman unit -- very bad mistake! The house gets cool but it constantly feels wet. We went out and purchased a digital temp. gauge which also tells the humidity and the humidity in the house. It is in the upper 50's low 60's, even when we have the temp set on 67. We gave the gauge to neighbors and family to see what their houses read and they were in the 40'S. No-one seems to be able to give us an answer as to why this is happening and they have adjusted settings on the unit but it is still the same. Even the repair people say it is like there is an opening in the house somewhere. NEVER had this problem with our old unit and now we are stuck with this one! Would never, ever recommend this brand to anyone!

Date created: 2011-07-20 Name: Michael G.
Location: Missouri

"Unit freezes up"
Our builder installed a high-effeciency Goodman unit in our house for an extra $2000. When the furnace was running, the unit made a thumping noise that you could hear throughout the house. I hope that is fixed. When the a/c runs on hot days, it freezes up. Each time they blamed it on dirty filters (4 days between filter cleanings and freeze up last time. Give me a break. They think they have it fixed this morning but I'm not betting on it. When I replace it, it will not be a Goodman.

Date created: 2011-07-17 Name: Anthony Williams
Location: Dallas, TX

"Works Great!.."
I had this system for years, I have never had no problems. Definitely great quality at an affordable price.

Date created: 2011-07-17 Name: G. Fundora
Location: Miami Fl.

"Stay away from Goodman"
I live in South Florida. Prior to buying this unit I had a 20 year old Trane. As old as that unit was it cooled better with less problems. This unit was recommended by my a/c guy because of the 10 year warranty. Since I dealt with my a/c guy for several years I took his advice (not knowing of Goodman). He also told me that Sears sold Goodman under the Sears brand. What a mistake this unit has been -- nothing but problems since day one. In the 4 years I have had it I have had 10 service calls. I have had it with this unit and have demanded my a/c guy to replace it with another brand. Stay away from Goodman -- pay a little more -- it is well worth it.

Date created: 2011-07-16 Name: Joel Edwards
Location: Winter Haven, FL

"Evaporator coils leak every time"
I had a new house built in 2009. It came with Goodman equipment. The new evaporator coil leaked out freon 8 months after moving in. I paid to have it filled, then it leaked out again 6 months later. I eventually had a Goodman approved contractor replace the evaporator coil. The new coil only lasted 6 months before it leaked out. This stuff is junk. Did I mention the $300 power bills for it running so much?

Date created: 2011-07-14 Name: Danny
Location: Bay area, CA

"Great units, poor contractors"
I've been reading some of the reviews here and can see the problem is not with the units them self but the contractors that install them! All of the units listed have parts that are made in other countries. With that said Goodman and Amana are the same unit. Made in the same place at the same time Just as American Standard and Trane are the same! So why different ratings? Area in which they are installed and the brands that the contractors install. The contractor installing must be qualified to install any brand. If there a good company they wont have as many problems as the units are being installed correctly! Leaks come from poor welding. And are many times blamed on coils etc as the tech is not trained to find the real leak!!!

Date created: 2011-07-11 Name: M. Irvin
Location: SC

"One year old unit not working"
We bought a Goodman last summer as advised by our heat and air technician. The unit is only 1 year old and is already not working. Something is wrong with the coil and the frian leaks out. The unit is under warranty. However, it has been 8 days and we still do not have the part. Goodman says it has "shipped" but according to the UPS tracking system, it has been sitting in Texas for 7 days. The heat index in our town was 109 today. It is dangerously hot here and Goodman has made no effort to expedite this process. Do not buy a Goodman.

Date created: 2011-07-11 Name: Bone Fuentes
Location: Ashburn, VA

"Goodman is Garbage"
Bought our house 6 years ago, new, with two goodman units that came with the house. Already had to replace one entire system. Most likely will have to do the other by the end of the week. Goodman stinks worse than dog sh**!!!!

Date created: 2011-07-07 Name: Angry Homeowner
Location: League City, TX

"Hot in Texas"
We bought a new home with a Goodman 5 Ton unit about 2.5 years ago. It has been nothing but a problem. We were just informed that we have a leaking evaporator coil. The technician told us that everyone who had these new units was having similar problems. I give up on this junk! I am about to spend big bucks to replace this unit. I wish had known that this junk was in our new home when we purchased it. Another case of buyer beware and I could have saved myself $$$$$.