Consumer Reviews of Goodman central air conditioners

Read more about Goodman central air conditioners

Date created: 2011-08-26 Name: c carver
Location: charlotte, NC

"2 ton units 16 seer"
My 2 units have been in place since March. Hot weather hit North Carolina early and it has remained hot. I replaced 2 Trane units, their slogan is nothing runs like a Trane, those units lasted 25 years. If the Goodman continues that long we can add Goodman runs like a train and cheaper. Very satisfied and would go Goodman again as well as recommend. I got a local contractor to beat my internet price and his installation cost was very reasonable and professional.

Date created: 2011-08-26 Name: Robert B.
Location: Topeka, KS

"Topeka HVAC"
I have been in the heating and cooling industry for almost 25 years and can't believe the reviews on this brand of equipment. If you look closely at the reviews you will see that it has been the company servicing them that is the problem not the manufacturer. There are a lot of hack company's out there and service men that don't give a hoot and this gives the good ones a bad name. Goodman has changed the design of there systems in the past five years to the better, they have great technical support, they have warrantied a noisy heat pump that was over 1 1/2 years old (paid us to change the unit) and there was no charge to the customer. The customer loves the unit now. Bottom line is: it is not the system that is the problem it is the service company's that are. Reading about a capacitor that blows up and this means that you need a new unit, B.S. With the record temperatures we have had capacitors have taken a beating this year. How about the lady who replaced 7 indoor coils, the service company can't find the correct problem. Could be airflow, blower speed set up, poor duct design: that company needs to move on to do something else. I hold Goodman feet to the fire when problems arise and they have always responded to take care of my customers. Like I said,it is not the equipment it is the company who installs and services the equipment that you are partnering with and if they can't take care of you and make it right they don't know what they are doing and it is time to find someone who can.
Date created: 2011-08-25 Name: TG
Location: Colorado

"DO NOT PURCHASE!"
Wished I would have read these reviews before my technician talked me into this. Apparently I've actually had better luck than many. Ours died at 5 years and 2 months with a 5 years warranty. Pay the extra and stay clear of this brand. Repairs this season are close to $1000 and I'm still stuck with this crappy unit. Everything you've read is true!!!
Date created: 2011-08-25 Name: melissa

"Five years and the fan quit working"
The Goodman ac unit came installed in a new home. One year later it stopped blowing cool air, four years after that the fan broke. I am stuck paying $99.00 for diagnostic work and then additional $500.00 for repairs. Goodman is selling a product that they know is a piece of crap. Talk about unjust enrichment.
Date created: 2011-08-20 Name: Kevin OBrien
Location: Tampa Florida

"Goodman Unit Dead After 2 years... Do not buy!"
I replaced a 19 year old ac Unit and Air Handler with a Goodman Unit to keep up the expensive repairs. I immediately put a service contract on the unit and had it serviced 3 times a year. The ac was blowing hot I had freon pumped it lasted one day we found the coil had a leak a week later unit was blowing hot had the system checked the compressor was bad. I have several properties and have replaced units before but not this quick. We spent $2,000 fixing this two year old unit. Goodman will warranty parts I could deal with one part being bad but having the coil and compressor go bad in 2 years is unacceptable. Do not buy Goodman products.
Date created: 2011-08-19 Name: B. Cloud
Location: TX

"Goodman is Bad"
Two year old unit has had 10 service calls for various problems. Latest problem is the unit won't blow air colder than 78 degrees if the outside temperature is over 100 (all summer in Texas). Technicians say the freon levels and everything on the unit checks out and this condition is normal. Old, cheap unit this Goodman replaced didn't have a problem keeping house cool when it was 107 degrees. Replaced the old unit hoping for better energy efficiency. Not with a Goodman! Have sent complaints to Goodman website, their responses are basically "Oh, well, live with it". Never buy a Goodman.
Date created: 2011-08-18 Name: Kevin D.
Location: Oklahoma City, OK

"Quality isn't good"
I purchased a new Goodman unit in April, 2010. It worked okay the first summer. The heater worked okay last winter. However, this summer, the a/c repairman (a good friend of mine that's been in the business 27+ years) has been out 5 times. The 2nd time, we had to replace the compressor. This time (mid-August.), the coils are leaking freon and the dryer filters are clogged (he replaced them in June with the compressor). In his (and my) opinion, the entire unit is a lemon and needs to be replaced but Goodman won't do it. They want to continue throwing their inferior parts and my money at the problem. At least the parts are warranted for 10 years.
Date created: 2011-08-17 Name: Karla Hackworth
Location: Nashville, TN

"Worst AC ever..."
Had condo built less than 6 years ago and had Goodman ac unit. It has been an issue from the first year. Endless repairs, service calls. Don't waste your time on this poor excuse of an ac unit. It's not like I bought an old home, so I'd expect the quality to be much higher for this product. The word "good" should not even be legal to be part of their name. This product is undoubtedly the worst one on the market. Very unhappy !!!
Date created: 2011-08-17 Name: margaret Roberts
Location: Satellite Bch, FL

"Don't Buy"
Please do not buy this brand. I previously had an Amana and it was good for 13 years. I had it replaced with a Goodman (I wish I had read these reviews first). However this unit will not cool down the house in the afternoon. I have set the a/c for 78 degrees all is well until the afternoon when temperature outside is mid 90s. The temperature keeps rising in the house and is now around 84 degrees. The a/c man was here again this morning (unit is 1 week old) and says that there is nothing and suggested it was an insulation issue. I never had an "insulation problem" with my Amana. I am saving my money and will buy a better brand.
Date created: 2011-08-15 Name: Jim in Florida
Location: Titusville, FL

"Excellent deal on a Foreclosure"
Just purchased a foreclosed home that had a 4 year old Goodman ac unit, the home inspection told us that the ac unit needed service. The single mom that had owned the house never did yearly service and only changed the filter a couple times a year. The house was okay cool when we took ownership. I went ahead and had the unit serviced and the coils cleaned. He added some freon and oil, now Oh my God!!! The house has such low humidity now and we had it set at 68 degrees but the house is cold enough to hang meat. Looks like we got a good Goodman built on a good day. Happy we bought the house with this ac unit.