Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN central air conditioners

Read more about GOODMAN central air conditioners

Date created: 2011-07-11 Name: Bone Fuentes
Location: Ashburn, VA

"Goodman is Garbage"
Bought our house 6 years ago, new, with two goodman units that came with the house. Already had to replace one entire system. Most likely will have to do the other by the end of the week. Goodman stinks worse than dog sh**!!!!

Date created: 2011-07-07 Name: Angry Homeowner
Location: League City, TX

"Hot in Texas"
We bought a new home with a Goodman 5 Ton unit about 2.5 years ago. It has been nothing but a problem. We were just informed that we have a leaking evaporator coil. The technician told us that everyone who had these new units was having similar problems. I give up on this junk! I am about to spend big bucks to replace this unit. I wish had known that this junk was in our new home when we purchased it. Another case of buyer beware and I could have saved myself $$$$$.

Date created: 2011-07-07 Name: B Browning
Location: Western NC

"Warranty and Customer Service Stinks"
Just got off of the phone with Goodman customer service. I was informed that even though they understood that my REPLACEMNET coil had been installed for 2 months and failed again that I was responsible for labor on the obviously defective/improperly designed part. I have had the unit for a little less than 2 years and this will be the fourth service call for the same problem. I am planning on filing a lawsuit against this company if they do not resolve this issue. I understand it is a parts warranty but after less that 60 days the parts they sent fails and they are just acting like this is normal business. If I tried to run my business this way I would be out of business.

Date created: 2011-07-05 Name: G Clevenger
Location: Burlington, NC

"Dont buy Goodman"
I had a pair of Goodman Central A/C units installed in a new construction home I build. These units have been nothing but trouble. I have now had to replace the upstairs Evap coil twice (by two different certified installers) and it now needs replaced again! Customer service is horrible, all I can get is form letters out of them. I dont think these people can build a functioning evap coil. Dont even think about buying one of these units.

Date created: 2011-07-05 Name: Clay
Location: Mesquite TX

"Hot in Texas"
As we closed on our house in 2006, thieves were cutting the refrigerant lines on the bottom floor unit of our new home. When we got to the home and discovered the problem, the bank, (Home was in foreclosure) stated they would repair the problem. I told them to let me speak with the A/C guy and I would kick in some money to get a good unit. Before I could get someone on the phone, they installed a Goodman. It is loud, but has perfomed okay. Yesterday when it was 105 outside, unit quit. Electricity gets to the motor but the fan won't turn. Would not purchase another Goodman for any reason. York unit for top floor is from 1996 and still running well. Both receive regular service. Think it is poorly made and poorly designed. (Loud and Inefficient)

Date created: 2011-07-03 Name: J. Atwood
Location: Knoxville, TN

My contractor recomended this unit. He said that all ac units used the same parts and just branded them differently. B.S. This unit has NEVER WORKED WELL. Now into the third summer it has failed completely. On a good day, this air conditioner slowed the internal heating of the house enough to keep it under 85. Now it blows very slightly cool air when it is not too hot. NEVER EVER BUY a GOODMAN AIR CONDITIONER. Also the warrenty is supposed to be 10 years but when I looked it up on their site, the end date is 5 years after installation.

Date created: 2011-06-28 Name: Joe_Consumer
Location: Rural, MB

"GOODMAN MFG A TOTAL SCAM!!!"
3 YEARS IN A ROW - FREON LEAKS OUT, GOODMAN INSISTS THAT I PAY FOR REPAIR UP FRONT BEFORE THEY DECIDE IF THEY WILL HELP WITH REPAIR COST, THEN THEY BLAME THE LEAK ON INSTALLER AND WILL NOT PAY A CENT! GOODMAN MFG IS THE BIGGEST SCAM GOING!!!!!

Date created: 2011-06-23 Name: N
Location: IL

"What a waste of money!!!"
Our house is five years old(new construction)and we already have to replace the A/C with a new one because the freons were low and fluctuating and there was a leak somewhere in the system among other problems. Now that we have installed the unit, the installation company has discovered a problem with the computer board of the furnace. I have read the complaints of the users and they all seem to be similar to me. How can one company have so many issues and still be allowed to sell a product that should have much more longevity than 5 years!!!! I would not recommend that anyone who values a dollar purchase this equipment.

Date created: 2011-06-22 Name: Joe
Location: columbus, indiana

"Should not be sold"
Nothing, nothing, nothing but problems. If I had the money it would be out of the house tomorrow. I will pay more in repair cost than I paid for the unit. Another problem may be it was not installed correctly. Why does the government let them sell Goodmans.

Date created: 2011-06-21 Name: a. d. matos
Location: Fairfax, VA

"Wost Reliability in Industry"
I just purchased a high efficiency Goodman A/C and Furnace. I paid over 8 Thousand dollars and had it installed by Pride A/C and Heating. The unit is two (2) years old and it already broke. The company misdiagnosed the problem on their first visit and on the second visit they advised a pressure valve malfunctioned. I am now without A/C on a 90 degree day because they cannot find the part. REALLY…A BRAND NEW A/C SYSTEM AND IT BREAKS AND THE COMPANY CANNOT FIND THE PART. Goodman A/C units are junk and not reliable. Stay away from any and all of these systems, no matter what the price. Never buy a Goodman.