Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN central air conditioners

Read more about GOODMAN central air conditioners

Date created: 2011-07-25 Name: Papabear
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma

"My nightmare"
I bought this brand about 5 years ago. 2 month after it was installed the fan quit working, it was replace under warranty. a few month later there was a connector that was arcing, replaced under warranty. A year later the compressor went. It was replaced but Goodman did not honor the 5 years warranty. A Year later replaced the compressor again. Last week (July 22, 2011) the sorry piece of you-know-what quit again. This time I'm not wasting one more penny to diagnose the problem. It is the symptoms as before. I'm done with this Goodman trash.

Date created: 2011-07-25 Name: Kathy
Location: Tallmadge, OH

"Piece of junk!"
We bought this unit (2 ton) 5 1/2 years ago. We live in Northeast Ohio so there are only about 2 months we would use it. Out of that 2 months we might use it 30 days - at the very most. The thing seized up this weekend during our 95+ degree heat wave. Of course, no warranty! What a piece of junk this is. I wouldn't put it in a dog house! Now we have to put out more money and get a new central a/c! You can be sure that it won't be a Goodman!!!

Date created: 2011-07-24 Name: stacy barfield
Location: Richfield, NC

"DIDNT LAST OVER 4 YRS"
Found out after the unit was put in that it wasn't even big enough to cool the air when it was in the 90's outside! Then after 4.5 yrs the compressor went out one night and we had to go stay with my husband's family for 2 days (we have 2 small babies). Will see how fast it gets replaced and how much they try to charge me.

Date created: 2011-07-23 Name: j costigan
Location: Lawrence, KS

"Very unsatisfied"
I purchased my home almost 2 years ago (in the fall) I was excited that the ac unit was only 7 years old, but I came to feel quite differently once summer rolled around. For any of you who have lived in Kansas in the summer, July and August are particularly brutal -- especially this summer where we have experienced temps in the triple digits for weeks now. My ac has been woefully inadequate and in fact I just installed a window unit to help my ac function properly. I realize that this is a less expensive choice, but (as is true in most cases) you get what you pay for. If you have the resources I highly suggest purchasing a more powerful and reputable unit. You will definitely thank your lucky stars when the hot summer months roll around!

Date created: 2011-07-22 Name: D. DeFazio
Location: PA

"Holy Humidity"
Replaced our old unit (Carrier) with a Goodman unit -- very bad mistake! The house gets cool but it constantly feels wet. We went out and purchased a digital temp. gauge which also tells the humidity and the humidity in the house. It is in the upper 50's low 60's, even when we have the temp set on 67. We gave the gauge to neighbors and family to see what their houses read and they were in the 40'S. No-one seems to be able to give us an answer as to why this is happening and they have adjusted settings on the unit but it is still the same. Even the repair people say it is like there is an opening in the house somewhere. NEVER had this problem with our old unit and now we are stuck with this one! Would never, ever recommend this brand to anyone!

Date created: 2011-07-20 Name: Michael G.
Location: Missouri

"Unit freezes up"
Our builder installed a high-effeciency Goodman unit in our house for an extra $2000. When the furnace was running, the unit made a thumping noise that you could hear throughout the house. I hope that is fixed. When the a/c runs on hot days, it freezes up. Each time they blamed it on dirty filters (4 days between filter cleanings and freeze up last time. Give me a break. They think they have it fixed this morning but I'm not betting on it. When I replace it, it will not be a Goodman.

Date created: 2011-07-17 Name: Anthony Williams
Location: Dallas, TX

"Works Great!.."
I had this system for years, I have never had no problems. Definitely great quality at an affordable price.

Date created: 2011-07-17 Name: G. Fundora
Location: Miami Fl.

"Stay away from Goodman"
I live in South Florida. Prior to buying this unit I had a 20 year old Trane. As old as that unit was it cooled better with less problems. This unit was recommended by my a/c guy because of the 10 year warranty. Since I dealt with my a/c guy for several years I took his advice (not knowing of Goodman). He also told me that Sears sold Goodman under the Sears brand. What a mistake this unit has been -- nothing but problems since day one. In the 4 years I have had it I have had 10 service calls. I have had it with this unit and have demanded my a/c guy to replace it with another brand. Stay away from Goodman -- pay a little more -- it is well worth it.

Date created: 2011-07-16 Name: Joel Edwards
Location: Winter Haven, FL

"Evaporator coils leak every time"
I had a new house built in 2009. It came with Goodman equipment. The new evaporator coil leaked out freon 8 months after moving in. I paid to have it filled, then it leaked out again 6 months later. I eventually had a Goodman approved contractor replace the evaporator coil. The new coil only lasted 6 months before it leaked out. This stuff is junk. Did I mention the $300 power bills for it running so much?

Date created: 2011-07-14 Name: Danny
Location: Bay area, CA

"Great units, poor contractors"
I've been reading some of the reviews here and can see the problem is not with the units them self but the contractors that install them! All of the units listed have parts that are made in other countries. With that said Goodman and Amana are the same unit. Made in the same place at the same time Just as American Standard and Trane are the same! So why different ratings? Area in which they are installed and the brands that the contractors install. The contractor installing must be qualified to install any brand. If there a good company they wont have as many problems as the units are being installed correctly! Leaks come from poor welding. And are many times blamed on coils etc as the tech is not trained to find the real leak!!!