Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN central air conditioners

Read more about GOODMAN central air conditioners

Date created: 2011-08-17 Name: margaret Roberts
Location: Satellite Bch, FL

"Don't Buy"
Please do not buy this brand. I previously had an Amana and it was good for 13 years. I had it replaced with a Goodman (I wish I had read these reviews first). However this unit will not cool down the house in the afternoon. I have set the a/c for 78 degrees all is well until the afternoon when temperature outside is mid 90s. The temperature keeps rising in the house and is now around 84 degrees. The a/c man was here again this morning (unit is 1 week old) and says that there is nothing and suggested it was an insulation issue. I never had an "insulation problem" with my Amana. I am saving my money and will buy a better brand.

Date created: 2011-08-15 Name: Jim in Florida
Location: Titusville, FL

"Excellent deal on a Foreclosure"
Just purchased a foreclosed home that had a 4 year old Goodman ac unit, the home inspection told us that the ac unit needed service. The single mom that had owned the house never did yearly service and only changed the filter a couple times a year. The house was okay cool when we took ownership. I went ahead and had the unit serviced and the coils cleaned. He added some freon and oil, now Oh my God!!! The house has such low humidity now and we had it set at 68 degrees but the house is cold enough to hang meat. Looks like we got a good Goodman built on a good day. Happy we bought the house with this ac unit.

Date created: 2011-08-14 Name: Art Gardener
Location: Berryville,Ar

"HVACR contractor"
I have been installing air conditioner and heat pumps for over 40 years. The problems I have been reading are all installation problems and the brand will make no difference. I have sold at least 10 brands and have serviced all brands for years. They are all good but very poor tech's 90-% of my work is correcting the problems I have been reading about!! Sorry you need better service people!! Art

Date created: 2011-08-11 Name: A. Zhylinskaya
Location: NJ

"Bad experience!"
I am waiting for a second coil replacement in 1 month! Have no words to describe my feelings! Beware!

Date created: 2011-08-09 Name: Terry Valeo
Location: Louisiana

"Sick at my stomach!"
Spent over $20,000 for 3 units in our new home in August of 2009. Recommended by the company who my parents have dealt with all their lives. Nothing but problems with all 3 units. I just called them again this morning for the 8th time on one unit. Freon has leaked 7 times so they finally replaced the coils 2 weeks ago. Guess what, the system is not cooling again. I've had the entire unit outside replaced as well and this crap is not even 2 years old. If I ever do replace these units, I guess I'll break the bank and buy a trane or whatever appears to be the best on the market at the time. Not worth the headache.

Date created: 2011-08-08 Name: Laura
Location: Greensboro NC

"Hvac"
Do not buy a Goodman !!!!! We purchased our new hvac in April 2011 and it has never worked. First, the problem was the thermostat, so they said. We replaced it. Second, they said we had a faulty coil. We replaced it. We have had freon added twice. Goodman will not solve the problem. As the other reviews state, Goodman says it was the installer. Do not buy a Goodman.

Date created: 2011-08-07 Name: Dianne campbell
Location: wisconsin

"Noisey unit"
Just installed a new Goodman furnace and air conditioner. This is a home without a basement. Have lived here 20 years with a furnace before this one. This one seem very noisy. Is there anything that we can have the contractor do to quiet it down. The old one was not this noisy.

Date created: 2011-08-02 Name: P. Lopiccolo
Location: Clinton Twp.m MI

"Highest Bills Ever Had"
Just had new air installed this winter. We had a lennox air conditioner for over 20 years thought we should get a new higher efficiency air had the goodman put in my bills are higher than they ever been. The unit seems to never shut off. If we raise the temperature the house is way to hot.

Date created: 2011-07-29 Name: Tom G
Location: Naperville, il

"Tech"
Reading all the bad reviews makes me realize how many hacks are in the industry. I totally agree with Mr Freeze: it is not the equipment but how it is installed, started and maintained. As for the homeowner who thinks Copeland makes a different compressor for Carrier than they do Goodman, wrong. You could buy the most expensive equipment and have Slash and Run, Inc install it and it will fail quickly. Equipment must be properly sized; pipes must be kept clean by purging with nitrogen while being brazed. Vacuum must be pulled on equipment to 500 microns. Then charge must be adjusted per charts included with equipment. Many hacks just purge freon thru line set which is against EPA regulations. I have made much coin with Goodman and have many pleased customers. I have a 20 yr old Janitrol and plan to replace it with a Goodman. Seems that the weakest part on all equipment these days is the capacitor. Don't know why. The older units used an oval one that was larger in size than new ones. So if you want the cost of advertising or sponsoring sporting events added to cost of equipment buy a name brand. If you want same components for a lower cost buy Goodman. Goodman does have 10 yr warranty on all parts and lifetime on compressor. Much better than other manufacturers. Mr Freeze, keep up the quality work.

Date created: 2011-07-29 Name: L. Charney
Location: Ontario

"Waste of Money!"
We bought this unit seven years ago and had it serviced/cleaned once a year. Last week it just stopped working. The repair person said that the capacitor had exploded and the condenser and assorted other parts would need to be replaced but suggested we get a new a/c unit. I would never buy Goodman again. Central a/c should last longer than 7 years!!!