Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN central air conditioners

Read more about GOODMAN central air conditioners

Date created: 2011-06-10 Name: K Barton
Location: Memphis, TN

"Goodman AC Not Fit For Use"
For the second consecutive year, I am replacing a Goodman AC unit. House was bought 4 years ago and a Goodman unit had recently been installed, no doubt because it was one of the cheapest available. That unit failed last year. Yes, it was still covered by warranty, but I had to eat the $800 labor for installation. Now, after less than one year, that same unit has failed. I will try to work a deal with my heat and air contractor to replace with a different unit, and will gladly pay the difference. This product stinks and I will do whatever I can to replace with something more reliable.

Date created: 2011-06-09 Name: David
Location: Jacksonville, Fl.

"Home owner"
I had a Goodman unit installed 4 years ago. It has been a problem sice the first month it was installed. The Company that installed it refuses to come out and work on it. I have had the evaperater coil replace three times. each time it cost me $825.00 for freon and labor. I called Goodman and there reply is we only warranty the parts. Goodman products are junk. There should be a law suit filed againest the company. This is fraud. Everyone one encluding Goodman knows they have a issue with there product. Goodman be responceable DO SOMETHING with your product.

Date created: 2011-06-09 Name: d short
Location: Courtice, Ont

"Goodman Air Conditioner"
Had a Goodman air conditioner installed in 2008, worked great the first year, 2011 is the third year in a row that I have had to call a technician for service and each time the unit was out of coolant and had to be re-charged, was fully charged last night and surprise, no cold air coming out of the unit, now appears the system is not holding the coolant at all. This has to be some form of enviromental issue with all these Goodman units leaking coolant into the enviroment and hopefully not into my residence. I'm planning on replacing it with a Unit from reputable company.

Date created: 2011-06-07 Name: S. Groot
Location: Dulles Virginia

"Avoid Goodman AC"
We bought our unit in 2005 and it has been nothing but trouble. Every season the unit fails to switch; heat to AC or AC to heat. I've had solenoid coils and reversing valves break. What unit needs a new reversing valve every year! Their parts are terrible, must be made in China. The gentleman in customer service was not at all nice or helpful. Now the installer won't return my calls or come out to fix the unit. The unit broke in April, it took 3 weeks to get the repair person to come and replace the solenoid coil for the 3 time. Two days later the reversing valve broke AGAIN! Piece of junk.

Date created: 2011-06-07 Name: J. Hood
Location: Raleigh, NC

"Evaporator coil isuses"
We bought a new home 3 years ago -year 2 our upstairs unit went bad (evaporator coil), now year 3 our downstairs unit has a bad evaporator coil. The parts are both covered by warranty but the labor and replacement coolant is not...so I have spent almost $1,600 in replaceing bad parts in 2 years. My local AC company told me to google and see it's a known issue, I have 3 neighbors who have similarly aged or slightly older homes who are experiencing the same issues.

Date created: 2011-06-06 Name: troy

"*%?!!#"
I am sitting in my house in total disgust, this is the third year in a row that I have had to call the installers of this piece of crap air conditioner to come and try to fix it. Did you change the filters? To much freon. Not enough freon. this time it's "your coils dirty and plugged we'll just wash it out", well now it's clean and it still won't cool my house. Your product is total junk and I wouldn't sell it to my worst enemy. My only comfort is that I have a 10 year free parts and labor warranty so that I may have some time to save my money and by a quality product in 7 years, but believe me I'll spend the rest of the time badmouthing your brand.

Date created: 2011-06-04 Name: K Stoup
Location: Waynetown IN

"Unit runs out of freon every year"
The AC unit runs out of freon every year and has to be recharged. We've had several service calls by various dealers. They can't find the leak. We can not get anyone from Goodman's to call us and they have not responded to my email. The unit runs for hours straight but the house never cools down. Unit is defective and they won't cover it on warranty. If we could get it replaced and our service calls refunded, I would be satisfied. Buyer beware. I would not recommend buying one of these units.

Date created: 2011-06-03 Name: T Hilliard
Location: Georgia

"Extremely dissatisfied is an understatement"
We replaced two AC units with Goodman units four years ago. We have had nothing but problems ever since. It's one thing after another! It was bad enough when they were both under warranty, but now that the warranty has run out on both units, this is getting extremely expensive, not to mention the electric bill sky-rockets due to the units putting out warm air instead of cool. Wish we could somehow be compensated. I will never recommend Goodman to anyone, ever!

Date created: 2011-06-03 Name: Origck1
Location: NC

"Goodman NOT Good"
I moved in my house 2 years ago and the very first weekend I was in the house I had a problem with this system. The following year the Coil went bad and to be replaced. It took over a week in July heat to get the part in. Now this year, the system has failed again and Yellow Dot, the installer, is telling me that parts are covered but not labor. This system sucks and Goodman knows it. I'm thinking about a class action suit to regain some of the money that so many consumers have had to put out hard earned funds for a defective system. It is certainly no coincidence that so many people are dissatisfied with this product!!! Win or lose, I bet it will get Goodman’s attention.

Date created: 2011-05-31 Name: T Chapa
Location: Potomac, MD

"Feel ripped off"
We have AC and heat pump---Our system is less than 3 years old, but needs contast repairs. In fact, we had already changed out, under warrenty, one of the compressors! We're in Maryland, not far from D.C. and in the winter it takes way too long to reached a desire heat! Come on---we're not MN! This past week---one of the AC units completely failed & it's 96!We just learned there's no freon? Another leak? OMG! And yes---it is very loud. I am stuck with this lemon!