Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN central air conditioners

Read more about GOODMAN central air conditioners

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2016-07-08 Name: Kim
Location: Raleigh, NC

"It's a money pit"
I have had this unit for 7 years. In the last 2 months I have had to replace 2 coils, compressor and other items. It has taken 10 days to get a coil. I live in North Carolina and it is over 90 degrees so needless to say I have been staying with friends and living out of a suitcase! My last unit lasted 17 year but it wasn't a Goodman. I have a warranty yet it costs me $110.00 to ship the coil to the distributor. I have put over $1,400 into it this year. Do not buy a Goodman.

Date created: 2016-06-22 Name: Teresa Schneider
Location: Victoria, TX

"Model GMS80805CN"
I had this unit installed 3/13/15 and have already had to replace the compressor once, in July 2015 I think it was. It is out again and the guy that installed it says they will replace it one more time but not again. I have never been so frustrated in my life. I've been without AC for a few days and he says it will take 2 days to get a compressor in but he's so busy that it will be another 3 days before he can install it.

Date created: 2016-06-15 Name: Jerome
Location: Houston, TX

"Two units gone out in three years"
We purchased two Goodman AC units about a year apart for two rental houses. We had to replace one unit in two years and the second one in three years. Very disappointed.

Date created: 2016-06-15 Name: Frankie
Location: Toronto, Canada

"Garbage"
3 years new and I have had to service it every spring I called Goodman and they basically told me I'm shit out of luck. Now I need to replace it because it has cost me more in service work than the unit itself. Goodman your products are totally garbage! Do not buy anything Goodman!

Date created: 2016-06-14 Name: Laura Sherman

"Only 3 years old - I need a new one"
I bought my home in 2013 with a brand new Goodman central air conditioner in place. The previous owners had replaced it (should have been my first hint). 3 years later, I am paying $1200 dollars just to make this unit safe. My tenant is paying very high electric bills. I cannot afford a new unit today, so I paid $1200 just to make this one function again...after only 3 years. All of this can be backed up by my serviceman.

Date created: 2016-06-08 Name: Brenda Forsythe
Location: Citra, Florida

"Piece of crap!"
Most unreliable piece of crap out there. Poor quality work from the factory -- cheap, not worth buying.

Date created: 2016-06-02 Name: Christy Arnold
Location: Smithville, TN

We had a Goodman 5 ton unit installed in December 2010. The installers never got the heat to work to start with. In summer of 2012, the inside coil went out and had to be replaced. In summer of 2013, the outside coil went out so it had to be replaced. In summer of 2014, it had to be gassed up because of a leak. In summer of 2015, it had to be gassed up again because of a leak on the outside. Now, the compressor is out. This unit has been nothing but a piece of junk since we had it installed.

Date created: 2016-06-01 Name: Jean M Jordan
Location: Chicago

"Wish another brand had been purchased"
The first winter after purchasing the full HVAC system the heat would not come on. Had to call for service. At least it was still under warranty. They replaced the electrical board. Summer came and the AC wouldn't come on. Had to call again. Basically if I get heat in the winter I wont get AC in the summer. If I get AC in the summer I won't get heat in the winter. Since 2007 I have not gotten a full year of service from these units.

Date created: 2016-05-16 Location: Austin, Texas

"Incredible Central Air Conditioner"
I live in a 1000 square foot home and live in Texas where the weather can be very drastic and dramatic. The Goodman brand has never failed me and every home or apartment I live in that has a Goodman brand central air conditioner has never failed me. I have not ever had to replace or request one be replaced. The temperature is so easy to maintain with this unit and it quickly meets up with any changes in temperature I demand of it. As I said before I live in Texas where some days it can be over 100 degrees consecutively and my Goodman central air conditioner is incredible with even keeping up on those days. Other units that are not Goodman have frozen and needed to be defrosted or they have stopped working and some repairs took as long as two weeks. Never have I experienced a bad time with Goodman central air conditioners.

Date created: 2016-05-10 Location: Jackson, MS

"My Central Air Conditioner Has Been Somewhat Reliable For Over Twelve Years"
I have owned my central air conditioner since about 2005. In that amount of time I have only had one major service call to replace the compressor. It ended up being a small part that cost about one-hundred dollars in labor and about eighty-dollars for the part itself. What I like the most about my central air conditioner is that for the most part it is easily serviceable. Additionally you can upgrade your thermostat to a digital energy efficient one and it will not harm the system.

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>