Consumer Reviews of Goodman central air conditioners

Read more about Goodman central air conditioners

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2017-06-25 Name: Mike
Location: Havre De Grace

I purchased a new house eight years ago and it came with a Goodman unit. So far its had three leaks in the a/c unit and I've spent thousands of dollars. What I spent in repairs I could have bought a new system. If you buy a home and it comes with a Goodman unit I guess you're stuck with it but when it breaks buy a new system such as Carrier York or Trane. Biggest piece of s*** I ever owned.

Date created: 2017-06-24 Name: Woody
Location: Lucedale, MS

"18 seer goodman dont waste your money their liars"
Have had numerous visits by a/c man on a 2 year old unit spent 700 already now they want $1000 more to try changing txv valve and according to the tech specialist it is a compressor issue,, they recommended changing complete outside unit then their boss called back and say they have found a way to get out of it and all the charges will be on me, they are liars I hate a liar and a thief and they are both. I spent thousands on this piece of junk thinking it would be reliable for at least as long as the 10 year warranty claims but that is all bull just in case you are thinking on wasting your money..this junk was made in 2015 and they wont replace it.. Liars and thieves I will never buy anything made by them ever again.
Date created: 2017-06-08 Name: Alvarez
Location: Columbus, GA

"Another Faulty Coil"
Purchased 2 1/2 ton a/c unit in 2010 and recently found out the outdoor coil is leaking. Called the company to get the coil replaced under the 10 year warranty and found out they will not honor it because the unit was not registered within 60 days. I'm active duty military and was deployed to Iraq at the time of installation. Goodman customer service manager was not willing to make any exceptions. Told me I "should have made time to do it". Worthless company...buyers beware.
Date created: 2017-06-08 Name: ALEX JOSEPH
Location: Keller, TX

"Air conditioner Unit"
Brand new Goodman a/c unit installed in 6 year ago. Within 6 years two times broken. First I paid $400.00 and now I paid $2800.00 for the coil replacement. It was a junk product and don't buy it.
Date created: 2017-05-17 Name: Al and Barb Lamar
Location: Danville, IL

"So far excellent. Quiet and efficient."
Cannot say anything bad. 11 years, filter changes and that's all. Does it's job, quiet and efficient. Added Freon today, first maintenance in 11 years. Looking good. Al and Barb in Illinois
Date created: 2017-03-19 Name: rOBERT A. bORDELON
Location: Mansura, LA

"Piece of Shit!"
Wanted an Amana, but got stuck with a Goodmand, By Craig's Ac in Plucheville, Avoyelles. This is a piece of shit!!! Stuck with it in 2015. Broken twice so far, broke down again yesterday!!! Ole Craig just took the money an ran. Called him first time it broke, fabricated a story that he hurt his back. Lol, he has never come to repair... Goodman is junk
Date created: 2016-10-10 Name: Ken Weber
Location: Louisiana

"Problematic"
It's been trouble since Day 1. I would not buy a Goodman.
Date created: 2016-09-23 Name: R. Harrell
Location: Sebastian, FL

"Terrible!"
Cheaply made and had broken parts when installed. Had to replace it after 5 months!
Date created: 2016-09-06 Name: Denise Beland
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

"Not happy"
We got this model installed in 2015. We were told it was very quiet. It's the noisiest machine I've ever heard. We can't sit on the patio and enjoy a conversation because of the noise from this model. Our old Lennox was so quiet but it lost its coolant and we were told we had to get a new one. Goodman was recommended and I am so unsatisfied with it. I will recommend to my family and friends to stay away from Goodman. It's sad to have a nice patio but not so nice when we can't talk.
Date created: 2016-08-24 Name: Stan Hatfield
Location: Sun City West, AZ

"Top air conditioning unit"
We purchased the Goodman air conditioning unit through our Home Owners insurance policy three years ago. We've been noticing that the unit was making a loud noise so we called the air conditioning service company that we bought the unit from and had install the unit. They replaced the compressor and a part that controls the fan at a cost of $400 for labor. They are planning to come back to replace a circuit board and we're not sure what that will cost. The parts are under warranty, but not the labor. The unit is still making loud noises and we are very concerned that the unit will continue to cost us money until it is replaced. We feel that we got a "lemon" and there is not too much we can do about it. We contacted the bbb and were only able to send a complaint/review. We plan to tell everyone we know, including the Home Insurance Company. Stay away from Goodman, it's junk!
<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>