Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN central air conditioners

Read more about GOODMAN central air conditioners

<< Previous2021222324252627282930313233343536373839Next >>

Date created: 2012-02-01 Name: Bryon Westley
Location: San Antonio, TX

"Bad wrap"
I have had a Goodman for years and believe it or not work on hundreds of Goodman systems. I have read up to 100 of these reviews, and I can tell you that 90% of these bad reviews are not from equipment itself, it is the lack of education and skills of the people who install the systems, and undereducated sales people. Unfortunately Goodman equipment is less expensive compared to the other major manufactures, so it makes it easier for fly by night companies to purchase and sell. Tips: Always ask for extended labor warranties, Goodman has the best warranties over any manufacturers. Make sure that the company that is installing the unit has a good reputation and takes their time. Thank you for reading my review.

Date created: 2012-01-31 Name: Neil Anderson
Location: Beaumont tx

"Great unit"
Great unit haven't had any problems. This unit is quiet and way more efficient than my old trans unit. I think most the problems others had was poor installers make sur you get a reliable contractor.

Date created: 2012-01-03 Name: Clyde Scurry
Location: High Springs , FL

"Worst unit Ever!"
Worst unit Ever! Replaced a 20 year old unit that worked Better than this Goodman p-o-s###. Salesman said it was greatest thing since sliced bread. "We would see Huge savings in our utility bill immediately." We pay More Now. Unit is package 4 ton unit and have had so many problems and Hundreds of "cha-Chings" on "Warranty covered" issues. We had the Same issues as Many others posting here. Refrigerator leaks less than 1 year, defrost board 2 times in 2nd year evap coil 3rd year all within 1 month after service techncian did the 2 yearly "main service checks" Each time "Every thing is working Properly" Bam! Less than 1 month another part fails and more Cha-Ching. Technician was here 12 days ago replaced evap coil replaced "Under Warranty" cost us 150$ "Cha-Ching" for shipping the "Under Warranty" part. That is what the service company said Goodman charges them. Plus we had to pay Another service call because service agreement does Not cover these issues, however everything was "working Properly" just 12 days earlier. Never buy this crap same problems as every1 else. I would Luv 2 get Many owners 2 join a class lawsuit only problem is the attorneys get all the money. Ripped off and screwed without buying me dinner again.

Date created: 2011-12-22 Name: Anna Davis
Location: Raleigh NC

"Very Satisfied"
This is my second Goodman, believe it or not my first Goodman lasted over 15 years with only one repair to date! I'm praying that my new one last just as long. ;-)

Date created: 2011-12-21 Name: Miguel
Location: Laredo, Texas

"15 years of uninterrupted service"
Honestly, I think most of these reviews are written by people who are paid by other manufacturers. Some of the stuff being said here is horse pookey written by idiots. If you live in the dessert and it is 110 degrees outside there is no way to cool your house to 72. Impossible. It all comes down to the installation and having a little common horse sense.

Date created: 2011-11-21 Name: J smith
Location: miami FL

"Drippy"
My problem with my Goodman Aruf18241ba unit is that the drip pan is too small for the air handler coil. Every couple of weeks it starts to drip because the water can't travel down the sides of the coil due to there being no space, and gook clogs the flow too easily. If there were more than a 1mm gap between the coil and the edge of the pan, for the water to flow, it wouldn't be a problem. Other than that the unit works just fine. Can I get a bigger drip pan for the unit so I don't have to open it to scrape the sides every other week?

Date created: 2011-11-04 Name: Claudette Day
Location: Allenhurst, Ga.

"Goodman unit inoperative"
This unit sucks. I have only owned it for 2.5 years. The repairman has spent the last 3 weeks trying to repair it. Good thing it is still under warranty.

Date created: 2011-10-30 Name: Jeff Brown
Location: Aiken,sc

"I call it my JUNKMAN"
Have had this unit for 4 years, biggest mistake of my life. Service technician has been here more time than I got fingers and toes. Trying to get factory to replace, we will see.... at this moment can't turn on heat because of a blockage in the line for unknown reasons, technician was here and is trying to work with the representative if this don't work, guess I will have to replace it because I have no faith in it what so ever. Every season its something new with it. We as Goodman owners need to all get together and file a class action lawsuit against them because we all have been took for a ride. if you considering buying one don't I can promise you will live to regret it, no matter what warranty you get be it a 5 years or a 10 years parts and labor. As would I buy a new one again, no as would I recommend one hell no.

Date created: 2011-10-14 Name: M. Hunt
Location: Ocala Fl

"Goodman problems"
Had a brand new Goodman heat pump professionally installed 3 years ago (technician recommended) and it has proven to be very costly mistake. I'm so sorry I ever laid eyes on it. I'm on fixed income and now must start scraping money together to get a different unit or go broke trying to keep this one running.

Date created: 2011-10-13 Name: Julie

"2 problems in 3 years"
One year after we had the unit, our zoning boards broke. Now, 2 years later, we have a major problem. There is a leaking valve from which the freon is leaking out. It costs about $1000 to fix with service charges and the cost of replacing the freon (crazy expensive). We live in a newer construction development. Our neighbors had the same exact problem one month ago. Their house was built exactly one month before ours (3 years ago). Coincidence? I think not. The system is a piece of shit (pardon my french!). We should not have had this much of a problem with a new a/c unit. I will never buy from Goodman again. I called their customer service department to complain. The lady I spoke to was less than sympathetic and of no help.

<< Previous2021222324252627282930313233343536373839Next >>