Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN central air conditioners

Read more about GOODMAN central air conditioners

<< Previous1920212223242526272829303132333435363738Next >>

Date created: 2011-09-09 Name: 12
Location: ca

"Goodman is CRAP"
Their customer service sucks. They do not believe in it. Do not buy a goodman air conditioner.

Date created: 2011-09-07 Name: Cindy Flood
Location: Winter Park, FL

"Worst A/C Unit and Company that Installed horrible"
I purchased my Goodman a/c unit 5 years ago from American Air and Heat. Worst mistake ever. If you are looking right now do your research don't make my mistake. I thought I was spending money and getting piece of mind but my choice to use American Air and Heat and choosing a Goodman was not piece of mind I don't know if it is like most people are saying the installation of the product or the product. All I know I have had nothing but problems and spending money I don't have to replace parts that a 5 year old a/c unit should not be needing to be replaced. Since I've had it I have replaced a heat kit, a fuse (which was because of negligence on American Air and Heats part), pounds and pounds of refrigerant over the years which I have been told should not be happening and now the newest thing is a coil needs to be replaced because I am leaking refrigerant. Since I am fed up I will not be replacing the coil I will be saving my money to pull this piece of crap out of my house and replacing with a new unit and using a better company. And by the way I am still under warranty but not only have I still spend hundreds of dollars now American Air and Heat is telling me this coil will still cost almost $700 a complete and utter rip off if you ask me!!! Also, please do not ever use American Air and Heat not only can they not keep technicians they can't keep managers and they are late for appointments or when you are scheduled they don't put you in their computer. I have wasted money and days off of work because of this company so take my advice and go elsewhere. I thought they were a reputable company but boy was I wrong. So maybe the product isn't the problem it could be like other reviewers are saying the installers but I can't take the chance as far as my wallet says right now I have a lemon!!!! Can we have a lemon law for a/c units?!! My next step is definitely the Better Business Bureau.

Date created: 2011-09-07 Name: Gonzalo
Location: Florida

"Defects in workmanship"
After only one week, a piece of insulation inside the evaporator fell off and blocked air flow, the installer fixed at no charge. Now after 4 years of light use (second home, unit runs for about 2 days a week for 6 months)it developed a leak around the solder connection to the high side of the compressor. Goodman would not pay for the repair of the leak nor the r22 even though it is a defect in workmanship. Repair cost $465. Neither one of these failures can be blamed on the installing technician, specially since this is a packaged unit and defects came from the factory.

Date created: 2011-08-31 Name: Howard B.
Location: Las Vegas, NV

"Horrible Air Conditioner"
I have had issues with this unit since the first day of installation. Immediately after installing, I noticed the airflow was very low and couldn't cool the area that my 35 year old air conditioner could cool in no time. The unit would stay on all day and couldn't cool the area to 78 degrees on a day when it was over 100 degrees which all my other a/c units do with no problem. The compressor died 3 days after installing and I'm on my 3rd condenser fan motor. When you call the manufacturer they give you a hard time and say they'll only talk to you if you're a technician. Be very careful of buying this unit even though the warranty is good, the equipment is poor quality with horrible customer service.

Date created: 2011-08-30 Name: Wen Tsai
Location: Diamond bar, ca

"Do Not buy Goodman!"
We just purchased a Goodman a/c about a month. Not even have chance to enjoy a cool summer, the compressor is having problems. The distributor only allows us to change the parts; however, we have lost confidence in the brand.

Date created: 2011-08-29 Name: Pam Phillips
Location: Nashville, TN

"NEVER AGAIN A GOODMAN"
Purchase a Goodman 2.5 ton unit on the recommendations of our local ac provider and never again. Almost since day 1 we have continuous problems, anywhere from being extremely loud, (they just are), inefficient, coil condenser replaced, freezes up and they put a hair dryer unit to prevent it from freezing, leaks freon and all this in between the 2 times a year we pay to have the unit routinely inspected. Goodman gives a one year labor warranty and 10 year parts - but the labor now is actually more than the parts so it is an extremely expensive proposition. And a word to Unhappy in Dallas - we wrote the company several times -via mail and us mail, and we were told sometimes people get lemon units - guess it was just our luck - and basically too bad. They would not back up their unit in any form, shape or manner after the one year labor was over - tough luck for us. Never again - at 3 years we are actually thinking of dumping the unit - even in a recession, and going with another unit preferably York or Trane.

Date created: 2011-08-26 Name: c carver
Location: charlotte, NC

"2 ton units 16 seer"
My 2 units have been in place since March. Hot weather hit North Carolina early and it has remained hot. I replaced 2 Trane units, their slogan is nothing runs like a Trane, those units lasted 25 years. If the Goodman continues that long we can add Goodman runs like a train and cheaper. Very satisfied and would go Goodman again as well as recommend. I got a local contractor to beat my internet price and his installation cost was very reasonable and professional.

Date created: 2011-08-26 Name: Robert B.
Location: Topeka, KS

"Topeka HVAC"
I have been in the heating and cooling industry for almost 25 years and can't believe the reviews on this brand of equipment. If you look closely at the reviews you will see that it has been the company servicing them that is the problem not the manufacturer. There are a lot of hack company's out there and service men that don't give a hoot and this gives the good ones a bad name. Goodman has changed the design of there systems in the past five years to the better, they have great technical support, they have warrantied a noisy heat pump that was over 1 1/2 years old (paid us to change the unit) and there was no charge to the customer. The customer loves the unit now. Bottom line is: it is not the system that is the problem it is the service company's that are. Reading about a capacitor that blows up and this means that you need a new unit, B.S. With the record temperatures we have had capacitors have taken a beating this year. How about the lady who replaced 7 indoor coils, the service company can't find the correct problem. Could be airflow, blower speed set up, poor duct design: that company needs to move on to do something else. I hold Goodman feet to the fire when problems arise and they have always responded to take care of my customers. Like I said,it is not the equipment it is the company who installs and services the equipment that you are partnering with and if they can't take care of you and make it right they don't know what they are doing and it is time to find someone who can.

Date created: 2011-08-25 Name: TG
Location: Colorado

"DO NOT PURCHASE!"
Wished I would have read these reviews before my technician talked me into this. Apparently I've actually had better luck than many. Ours died at 5 years and 2 months with a 5 years warranty. Pay the extra and stay clear of this brand. Repairs this season are close to $1000 and I'm still stuck with this crappy unit. Everything you've read is true!!!

Date created: 2011-08-25 Name: melissa

"Five years and the fan quit working"
The Goodman ac unit came installed in a new home. One year later it stopped blowing cool air, four years after that the fan broke. I am stuck paying $99.00 for diagnostic work and then additional $500.00 for repairs. Goodman is selling a product that they know is a piece of crap. Talk about unjust enrichment.

<< Previous1920212223242526272829303132333435363738Next >>