Consumer Reviews of Goodman central air conditioners

Read more about Goodman central air conditioners

<< Previous1819202122232425262728293031323334353637Next >>

Date created: 2012-05-27 Name: F. Carpenter
Location: Surfside Beach, SC

"Caveat emptor on Goodman"
Our unit is less than 3 years old and we just had to have the compressor replaced. It was still under warranty so there was no charge on the replacement compressor, but the labor charge was over $600. If we had it to do over, our purchase would not have been a Goodman. The guy who did the replacement said he would never buy a Goodman and he works for the company who sold it to us.

Date created: 2012-05-25 Name: N. Pearcy
Location: Gardner, Ks

"Homeowner"
I purchased a new home last year, and the a/c and furnace are both goodman. I have had the service tech out 3 times in a year to fix it. I have spoken with the service techs and other a/c shops, and all have said the same thing...crap. So when my labor warranty is up I'm swapping out for somthing better.
Date created: 2012-05-25 Name: 1txguy
Location: fort worth, tx

"Cheapest out in the Market"
This is the cheapest thing you can get out in the market. I know you have heard that saying " you get what you pay for!" Thats exactly what this is. Never buy anything that wont last and keep your family from heat or cold.
Date created: 2012-05-23 Name: JRueben
Location: Nashville

"The worst product"
I had my home built in 2005 and with it came this product upstairs. I've had freon add 4 times out of the 7 years I've been here. It seems like Goodman is preying on its customers. If they refuse to recall this product, they meant for this to happen to cash in on coil resale. Terrible terrible buisness. This product should be recalled or class action. I've paid 69.95 diagnostic + 58.00 freon for 4 years, now I have to pay 624.00 for the fix. It's rediculas. I mean I dont know if it's goodman or goodman helping the installation guys because they have reaped the rewards as well. I know that I not the only one paying 130.00 a year for freon. And is the freon leak a hazard? That's what we need to concentrate on.
Date created: 2012-05-17 Name: Mike Moore

"Very quiet & efficient"
My Goodman ac is very quiet and efficient. Great price and warranty too.
Date created: 2012-05-17 Name: J.Torres
Location: Durham, NC

"Evaporator Coil Leaks"
Had Goodman installed in November 2008 because 20 year old unit finally gave up. Had to have evaporator coil replaced in May 2010. May 2012, now the unit, once again, does not have any freon in it, evaporator coil has a leak. Installer says Goodman is low on evaporator coils because of so many of them failing. Goodman needs to be taken to court on this matter immediately. They know they have a defective product and ignored it while they sold their units and cashed in at our expense. Goodman needs to pay for all repair costs, freon, parts, etc. This is not the way to run a company. To all potential buyers/installers avoid goodman at all costs. Worst a/c unit ever made.
Date created: 2012-05-10 Name: Eric Lee
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona

"Bad experience"
I purchased 2 new Goodman a/c units when I remodeled my home 2 years ago. My 4 ton unit has failed 3 times in the last year. On 2 occasions the Capacitors failed and the last time the Fan motor failed. My installing company said he will not install Goodman units doe to the high recall for parts failure. I will never buy Goodman products again.
Date created: 2012-05-09 Name: D.Allen
Location: Houston,Tx

"A law suit waiting to happen!"
Nothing but trouble!!! Unit is 3 years old and constantly in need of repair. Labor and freon alone have run my repair bills through the roof. If anyone wants to file a lawsuit count me in.
Date created: 2012-05-08 Name: H.D.
Location: Dallas, TX

"DON'T BUY GOODMAN!"
Like most others on here, we have had nothing but trouble from the very first summer we moved into our brand new home with 2 Goodman units! We spent hundreds to try to fix the problems we keep having with maintenance call after maintenance call only to finally spend thousands to totally replace the Goodman units with a more reliable brand (inside and out). Don't buy goodman unless you want a headache!!!
Date created: 2012-05-07 Name: Mark C
Location: Orlando FL

"Goodman A/C"
Please consider other companies' products before buying Goodman. Bad experience here with coil leaking, capacitor failure, motor vibration and cost to resolve. I am told that the new liquid coolants required by law burst thru Goodman coils. So why do they sell them and press you to buy extended warranty? You still pay for parts after they try and give you a story. Some good companies don't ask you to buy warranty, they back the product. Spend the $$ and get a Trane or something else. There is a difference. Stay away from Goodman/Amana. Good luck.
<< Previous1819202122232425262728293031323334353637Next >>