Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN central air conditioners

Read more about GOODMAN central air conditioners

<< Previous1819202122232425262728293031323334353637Next >>

Date created: 2011-08-07 Name: Dianne campbell
Location: wisconsin

"Noisey unit"
Just installed a new Goodman furnace and air conditioner. This is a home without a basement. Have lived here 20 years with a furnace before this one. This one seem very noisy. Is there anything that we can have the contractor do to quiet it down. The old one was not this noisy.

Date created: 2011-08-02 Name: P. Lopiccolo
Location: Clinton Twp.m MI

"Highest Bills Ever Had"
Just had new air installed this winter. We had a lennox air conditioner for over 20 years thought we should get a new higher efficiency air had the goodman put in my bills are higher than they ever been. The unit seems to never shut off. If we raise the temperature the house is way to hot.

Date created: 2011-07-29 Name: Tom G
Location: Naperville, il

"Tech"
Reading all the bad reviews makes me realize how many hacks are in the industry. I totally agree with Mr Freeze: it is not the equipment but how it is installed, started and maintained. As for the homeowner who thinks Copeland makes a different compressor for Carrier than they do Goodman, wrong. You could buy the most expensive equipment and have Slash and Run, Inc install it and it will fail quickly. Equipment must be properly sized; pipes must be kept clean by purging with nitrogen while being brazed. Vacuum must be pulled on equipment to 500 microns. Then charge must be adjusted per charts included with equipment. Many hacks just purge freon thru line set which is against EPA regulations. I have made much coin with Goodman and have many pleased customers. I have a 20 yr old Janitrol and plan to replace it with a Goodman. Seems that the weakest part on all equipment these days is the capacitor. Don't know why. The older units used an oval one that was larger in size than new ones. So if you want the cost of advertising or sponsoring sporting events added to cost of equipment buy a name brand. If you want same components for a lower cost buy Goodman. Goodman does have 10 yr warranty on all parts and lifetime on compressor. Much better than other manufacturers. Mr Freeze, keep up the quality work.

Date created: 2011-07-29 Name: L. Charney
Location: Ontario

"Waste of Money!"
We bought this unit seven years ago and had it serviced/cleaned once a year. Last week it just stopped working. The repair person said that the capacitor had exploded and the condenser and assorted other parts would need to be replaced but suggested we get a new a/c unit. I would never buy Goodman again. Central a/c should last longer than 7 years!!!

Date created: 2011-07-28 Name: JCranston
Location: Granbury, TX

"Nothing but problems"
New house; New ac Goodman; 4 years old now. Every year issues; leaking; refrigerant; many days of no ac in tx. Today had Evaporator coil system replaced (just like man below). Turns out with copper tubing and aluminum body, the dissimilar metals cause reaction and premature corrosion/rust to the point of way too early leaking. The man put in a new Gibson coil that is 100% aluminum and he says it will last a long time. He says all over the neighborhood these are failing.

Date created: 2011-07-27 Name: D Woods

"Central Air Conditioner"
I was referred to Boonstras one hour heating and air conditioning in Burlington to repair my central air. It took them one week to finally find out that it had a ten year warranty because the warranties were filed in Texas. Their repairman, named Darren finally came to analyze it and see what repair had to be done. He was at my home for approximately five minutes when he said he could not tell me what was wrong with my air conditioner because I had blown a fuse. Then he proceeded to tell me that I owed him $99 for his time. Also, even though the main parts of the unit was under warranty, for example the compressor, the labor to repair it would be $690.00. I feel that this company was so unprofessional and was only interested in grabbing me for my money. The central air unit is only four years old and I have had nothing but problems with it. Sometimes it would make a loud clangy noise and would not turn on for minutes as it is supposed to. As well, the repairman was recommended to me by Goodman Manufacturing Company in Mississauga, Ontario. It seems that it has cost me approximately $1,000 per year for only two to three months of the year to provide air conditioning in my home. Quite a costly luxury I would say. This product and the people who service these products are total rip offs and only are interested in how much money they can get out of us consumers, any way they can. I will never again purchase this product or any Goodman product, nor will I ever deal with the scoundrels who service them.

Date created: 2011-07-27 Name: divna kesetovic
Location: HOLLY SPRINGS, NC

"ANGRY HOMEOWNER"
I have same problem like everybody in this review. My house is only 2 years old and already have 2 leaking coils that needs replacement. They didn't have parts to replace the coils -- instead we need an entire unit installed. There are so many similar cases going around and its unacceptable for Goodman as a company to be so unaffected by concerned homeowners. Is anyone interested in filing a lawsuit against Goodman?

Date created: 2011-07-26 Name: Marcus
Location: Dallas

"Seems like there is a pattern!"
We had our home built and a Goodman air conditioner was installed. I wish I would have known this was a piece of junk. Nothing but problems. It looks as though Goodman may have a class action law suit coming their way!

Date created: 2011-07-26 Name: C. Jones
Location: McKinney,TX

"Goodman, biggest peice of @#&$ ever made."
We had a Goodman installed less than 30 days ago and it is already broke. We bought a house with a seller's warranty and had to use it within 60 days to replace one of the ac units. We didn't have a choice as to what brand was being put in and the installers placed a #$&%man unit and in less than 30 days it has already failed. Do not buy one of these units. I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy. This company is pathetic and the people who run this company should be put in prison for selling this crap.

Date created: 2011-07-25 Name: Papabear
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma

"My nightmare"
I bought this brand about 5 years ago. 2 month after it was installed the fan quit working, it was replace under warranty. a few month later there was a connector that was arcing, replaced under warranty. A year later the compressor went. It was replaced but Goodman did not honor the 5 years warranty. A Year later replaced the compressor again. Last week (July 22, 2011) the sorry piece of you-know-what quit again. This time I'm not wasting one more penny to diagnose the problem. It is the symptoms as before. I'm done with this Goodman trash.

<< Previous1819202122232425262728293031323334353637Next >>