Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN central air conditioners

Read more about GOODMAN central air conditioners

<< Previous1718192021222324252627282930313233343536Next >>

Date created: 2012-04-25 Name: One disappointed customer of the Goodman product
Location: Milledgeville, Georgia

"GOODMAN IS JUNK; DON'T BUY"
I am having the same problems every other consumer is having with Goodman. The unit started giving me problems when it was only three years old and the problems have not stopped and it's just year 4. I have been paying to replace the freon that has been leaking. I have been told that I need to replace the coil which is running me about $600-700. The company will not offer any support or take responsibility for these lemons they are building. They will only pay for the parts but not the labor. It seems a civil suit needs to be filed against this company. There are far too many complaints about the same problem for this to be a coincidence.

Date created: 2012-04-24 Name: Matson
Location: north alabama

"NEVER look at Goodman...."
Have had nothing but trouble with Goodman unit. Replacing ac condenser every 2 years! Discovered today that the heating unit is not working. Surprise....not. This is a piece of crap. Millionaire Goodman needs to back his products and replace them if they go out within 10 years. I feel a class action law suit coming on...I'll lead that train!! Already checked and even with warranty run out...you can still sue. All I really want is a replacement unit in this new home I bought 6 years ago.

Date created: 2012-04-23 Name: Lindsey Brown
Location: Atlanta Ga.

"Unknown"
I have a 3 and half ton unit, worked well for two years and now it seem to need a new capacitor every other month and now they have to add freon each time which is expensive. I may order the freon and Capacitors and have them on hand when the service tech comes.

Date created: 2012-04-20 Name: Louis S.

"Run, don't walk, away"
I've had 2 units (upstairs/downstairs) for 8 1/2 years, and I don't think I've gone but 1 or 2 years without a service call. I've had the compressors on each unit replaced, along with several capacitors and had a few cleanings to keep these units going. I wish I'd gotten something else.

Date created: 2012-04-17 Name: NT
Location: UTAH

"DON'T BUY! BUYER BEWARE!"
Owned this unit for 6 years. Have gone through 2 condensers, 2 capacitors, 2 hard starts, 2 fan motors, numerous times hvac tech to come over- my bill, and most of all 1 pissed off stay at home mom!!!! Now looking to buy another ac unit definitely not goodman!!!! JUST DON'T DO IT!!!

Date created: 2012-04-12 Name: David Szewczykowski
Location: Davenport Florida

"Goodman junk"
I have had nothing but trouble from day one, my unit is always breaking down. The company I bought it from would do nothing, so I wrote the Goodman company and got just as far. The service tec's that come to service my unit even agree that the unit is a lemon and should be replaced, but they are in no position to help me for fear of their jobs. My nieghbor also had a Goodman lemon and they replaced his unit but refused to replace mine. Buyer beware these units are junk buy something else. anything else, and you"ll be better off.

Date created: 2012-04-07 Name: dan
Location: mi

"Don't buy"
I had a new house built. the builder assured me the goodman ac/furnace unit is a brand name with a guarantee. The first summer a major part of the ac unit burned up. I live in Michigan where an ac is used only a couple times a year. Warranty covered the part but not the $120 service charge. Second winter furnace refused to lite and come on. After another $120 service charge everything was taken apart and cleaned. This is only the second winter on a new unit. Year 3 the ac runs but the air in my basement is cooler than what the ac is blowing out. Told leaking freon and a new system compressor needed. The serviceman thinks the warranty will cover the part but not the $400 charge to install it. 3 years on a new unit and its all garbage. Has anyone filed suit or a claim with the bbb? It appears so many people are unhappy with this maker.

Date created: 2012-04-02 Name: jimfet
Location: Hamlet NC

"Great looking and running unit."
My Goodman has been great so far. It replaced a 22 year old Bryant unit. That in the last 5 years of having it, needed to be repaired twice and only put out 70 at the register. Great unit to last that long. I wanted a 3 ton unit, but my contractor said go with 2.5 as 3 ton was too big. So I got the 2.5, 13 seer. I thought $3000 was a good deal for the unit, pad, 7k heater coil, other things and installed. My house is right under 1400sq ft, so he was probably right. Now my air is 54 at the register. Boy has my power bill dropped. Registered online with Goodman, so my 10 year warranty is good to go. Unit still looks brand new. Now I'm scared of copper thieves.

Date created: 2012-04-01 Name: Terry Shell
Location: Richmond,Tx.

"The noisest unit on earth"
You people make a good product but, I can't sit on my patio and talk to anyone when this unit is running. Why? Are these units going to stay loud?

Date created: 2012-03-29 Name: Matt
Location: Merritt Island, Fl

"Leaks and More Leaks"
I've had 5 coils replaced on two units and about to replace another 1 or 2 as both units froze up last night. In spite of what some of the professionals on here say, these units are defective by design, plain and simple. This is not an "installation" issue, there are almost 70% negative reviews on here and it is doubtful 70% of installations are defective and repeated as many times as some of us have experienced. Meanwhile the outside units hardware is corroding after only 6 years. If you cannot design and build hardware to last in the environment that it has to operate in (yes it gets wet,duh) then your warranty means nothing as the homeowner has to absorb the cost of labor and Freon at $40/lb plus replacement of parts not covered that are very expensive. The auto industry gets it why not the ac industry. I have an 11 year old car that is outside all the time, has no rust and the ac still works!

<< Previous1718192021222324252627282930313233343536Next >>