Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN central air conditioners

Read more about GOODMAN central air conditioners

<< Previous1718192021222324252627282930313233343536Next >>

Date created: 2012-03-11 Name: Tony

"Goodman's Bad Coils"
In 2009, I bought two new 4-Ton Goodman a/c systems for my house and had them installed by a certified technician. Precisely after one year, one of the coils developed a leak, and a couple of months later, the other coil developed the same problem. The technician who replaced my coils was the same technician who installed the original units. According to him, Goodman continued using older coils which were designed for R-22 Freon on their newer units which "required" R-410A Freon. The newer Freon works under higher pressure, and is very corrosive, which could result in leaks if used on coils which were designed for R-22. I seriously think that a class action lawsuit should be brought on Goodman, in order to cover all of the expenses their customers have had to incur due to Goodman's recklessness. They had to have known this would occur. They probably ran the numbers, and it was too expensive for them to recall the units.

Date created: 2012-02-26 Name: CHRISTIAN DREW
Location: royal palm beach, florida

"Minto community in West Palm Beach, Florida"
My coil has been replaced 4 times, it just went out again last night and I live in south florida

Date created: 2012-02-12 Name: A Byrd
Location: Ramer, TN

"So much trouble"
We bought our house brand new and Goodman is the unit that came with the house. Every 6 months (literally) something goes wrong with this thing. We went two weeks last August with no air. we thought at least its still under warranty so the coil was replaced without cost for the coil itself. Of course we paid the man who replaced it $430 for labor and $75 for shipping. The bill for heating our house in Dec and Jan of 2011 was right at $500 a month. Our house is all electric but this is still twice as much as normal for mid winter or summer. It runs and runs and runs or doesn't run at all most of the time. Since we have owned the house we bought in September of 08' we have spent over $1000 just on getting the a/c unit worked on for whatever reason. Now six months after getting the coil replaced (on a three year old unit) and during the two coldest days of our winter so far the thing is not blowing hot air but just air constantly. Meaning it is not shutting off at all again. This is equally stressful as my husband lost his job and did not work all of last year so the money we have had to spend on this thing has been dear. I agree with a previous post on the class action lawsuit idea. This is ridiculous to say the least and inexcusable for this company to put these things out there.

Date created: 2012-02-01 Name: Bryon Westley
Location: San Antonio, TX

"Bad wrap"
I have had a Goodman for years and believe it or not work on hundreds of Goodman systems. I have read up to 100 of these reviews, and I can tell you that 90% of these bad reviews are not from equipment itself, it is the lack of education and skills of the people who install the systems, and undereducated sales people. Unfortunately Goodman equipment is less expensive compared to the other major manufactures, so it makes it easier for fly by night companies to purchase and sell. Tips: Always ask for extended labor warranties, Goodman has the best warranties over any manufacturers. Make sure that the company that is installing the unit has a good reputation and takes their time. Thank you for reading my review.

Date created: 2012-01-31 Name: Neil Anderson
Location: Beaumont tx

"Great unit"
Great unit haven't had any problems. This unit is quiet and way more efficient than my old trans unit. I think most the problems others had was poor installers make sur you get a reliable contractor.

Date created: 2012-01-03 Name: Clyde Scurry
Location: High Springs , FL

"Worst unit Ever!"
Worst unit Ever! Replaced a 20 year old unit that worked Better than this Goodman p-o-s###. Salesman said it was greatest thing since sliced bread. "We would see Huge savings in our utility bill immediately." We pay More Now. Unit is package 4 ton unit and have had so many problems and Hundreds of "cha-Chings" on "Warranty covered" issues. We had the Same issues as Many others posting here. Refrigerator leaks less than 1 year, defrost board 2 times in 2nd year evap coil 3rd year all within 1 month after service techncian did the 2 yearly "main service checks" Each time "Every thing is working Properly" Bam! Less than 1 month another part fails and more Cha-Ching. Technician was here 12 days ago replaced evap coil replaced "Under Warranty" cost us 150$ "Cha-Ching" for shipping the "Under Warranty" part. That is what the service company said Goodman charges them. Plus we had to pay Another service call because service agreement does Not cover these issues, however everything was "working Properly" just 12 days earlier. Never buy this crap same problems as every1 else. I would Luv 2 get Many owners 2 join a class lawsuit only problem is the attorneys get all the money. Ripped off and screwed without buying me dinner again.

Date created: 2011-12-22 Name: Anna Davis
Location: Raleigh NC

"Very Satisfied"
This is my second Goodman, believe it or not my first Goodman lasted over 15 years with only one repair to date! I'm praying that my new one last just as long. ;-)

Date created: 2011-12-21 Name: Miguel
Location: Laredo, Texas

"15 years of uninterrupted service"
Honestly, I think most of these reviews are written by people who are paid by other manufacturers. Some of the stuff being said here is horse pookey written by idiots. If you live in the dessert and it is 110 degrees outside there is no way to cool your house to 72. Impossible. It all comes down to the installation and having a little common horse sense.

Date created: 2011-12-02 Location: Palm Springs, California

"My New Air Conditioner Is Not What I Expected."
I have owned my new air conditioner for approximately two months. I got the new air conditioner to replace a 15-year-old model that was no longer cooling my house efficiently. Some rooms would be cool, others wouldn'T. Since I live in the desert, I must have a reliable air conditioner. Temperatures here reach 100+ almost every day during the summer months. Once the air conditioner was installed, I was impressed by how quiet it was, and how quiet the outdoor compressor was. I was also impressed that the air conditioner had two fans--a regular one, and one that kicked into high speed when necessary. I also liked the new thermostat. I liked the fact that it was supposed to be energy-efficient, so it was supposed to lower my electric bill. That remains to be seen. However, I can't say that I was overwhelmed with how wonderful it was. I was expecting a huge change from my old air conditioner. Imagine how disappointed I was when it really couldn't cool down the house during periods of time this summer when temperatures reached 100+ outside. And the high fan just ran and ran and ran--it never went down to the lower speed, or turned off. The rooms that I wanted to cool down were not really cooled any better by the new air conditioner. Now I have freezing cold rooms, and warm rooms. The company that sold me the unit, of course, said that their air conditioner would take care of all of my cooling issues. Now they are saying that since I have an older home, NO air conditioner will cool the house well. They say my windows are old-fashioned, that the venting in the house is poor, etc. They also say that NO home can be cooled down during high outdoor temperatures. That's a lie, of course. Of course the salesman who sold me the unit never mentioned ANY of these issues during his inspection of my house. I had to have the company out to repair the unit almost immediately, even though it was less than one month old. Condensation was leaking out and dripping from the run-off pipe right onto the floor. The unit was hot to the touch, and was blowing hot air into my living room!! Dampers that were installed into my ceiling registers were cheap plastic, and one broke within hours of installation because it wasn't installed properly. Only two registers received dampers--the others were left without one. Since the unit was blowing hot air into the living room, it was heating up the thermostat, which then reflected inaccurate temperatures. I had the technicians order replacement dampers, and extra dampers for other registers. It is two weeks later, and no one from the company has showed up or followed through with a phone call. I wouldn't buy this brand of air conditioner again, although I suspect some of the problems were because of poor installation, and because I was sold a unit that was wrong for my home. I believe now that the salesman who sold us the unit was more interested in making money than selling me the type of unit that would really work in my house. No surprise that a salesman would lie, though! The unit was fairly expensive--$11,000. I have a very small house--less than 1500 square feet. This air conditioner should be blowing my socks off, literally!!

Date created: 2011-11-21 Name: J smith
Location: miami FL

"Drippy"
My problem with my Goodman Aruf18241ba unit is that the drip pan is too small for the air handler coil. Every couple of weeks it starts to drip because the water can't travel down the sides of the coil due to there being no space, and gook clogs the flow too easily. If there were more than a 1mm gap between the coil and the edge of the pan, for the water to flow, it wouldn't be a problem. Other than that the unit works just fine. Can I get a bigger drip pan for the unit so I don't have to open it to scrape the sides every other week?

<< Previous1718192021222324252627282930313233343536Next >>