Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN central air conditioners

Read more about GOODMAN central air conditioners

<< Previous1718192021222324252627282930313233343536Next >>

Date created: 2011-08-20 Name: Kevin OBrien
Location: Tampa Florida

"Goodman Unit Dead After 2 years... Do not buy!"
I replaced a 19 year old ac Unit and Air Handler with a Goodman Unit to keep up the expensive repairs. I immediately put a service contract on the unit and had it serviced 3 times a year. The ac was blowing hot I had freon pumped it lasted one day we found the coil had a leak a week later unit was blowing hot had the system checked the compressor was bad. I have several properties and have replaced units before but not this quick. We spent $2,000 fixing this two year old unit. Goodman will warranty parts I could deal with one part being bad but having the coil and compressor go bad in 2 years is unacceptable. Do not buy Goodman products.

Date created: 2011-08-19 Name: B. Cloud
Location: TX

"Goodman is Bad"
Two year old unit has had 10 service calls for various problems. Latest problem is the unit won't blow air colder than 78 degrees if the outside temperature is over 100 (all summer in Texas). Technicians say the freon levels and everything on the unit checks out and this condition is normal. Old, cheap unit this Goodman replaced didn't have a problem keeping house cool when it was 107 degrees. Replaced the old unit hoping for better energy efficiency. Not with a Goodman! Have sent complaints to Goodman website, their responses are basically "Oh, well, live with it". Never buy a Goodman.

Date created: 2011-08-18 Name: Kevin D.
Location: Oklahoma City, OK

"Quality isn't good"
I purchased a new Goodman unit in April, 2010. It worked okay the first summer. The heater worked okay last winter. However, this summer, the a/c repairman (a good friend of mine that's been in the business 27+ years) has been out 5 times. The 2nd time, we had to replace the compressor. This time (mid-August.), the coils are leaking freon and the dryer filters are clogged (he replaced them in June with the compressor). In his (and my) opinion, the entire unit is a lemon and needs to be replaced but Goodman won't do it. They want to continue throwing their inferior parts and my money at the problem. At least the parts are warranted for 10 years.

Date created: 2011-08-17 Name: Karla Hackworth
Location: Nashville, TN

"Worst AC ever..."
Had condo built less than 6 years ago and had Goodman ac unit. It has been an issue from the first year. Endless repairs, service calls. Don't waste your time on this poor excuse of an ac unit. It's not like I bought an old home, so I'd expect the quality to be much higher for this product. The word "good" should not even be legal to be part of their name. This product is undoubtedly the worst one on the market. Very unhappy !!!

Date created: 2011-08-17 Name: margaret Roberts
Location: Satellite Bch, FL

"Don't Buy"
Please do not buy this brand. I previously had an Amana and it was good for 13 years. I had it replaced with a Goodman (I wish I had read these reviews first). However this unit will not cool down the house in the afternoon. I have set the a/c for 78 degrees all is well until the afternoon when temperature outside is mid 90s. The temperature keeps rising in the house and is now around 84 degrees. The a/c man was here again this morning (unit is 1 week old) and says that there is nothing and suggested it was an insulation issue. I never had an "insulation problem" with my Amana. I am saving my money and will buy a better brand.

Date created: 2011-08-15 Name: Jim in Florida
Location: Titusville, FL

"Excellent deal on a Foreclosure"
Just purchased a foreclosed home that had a 4 year old Goodman ac unit, the home inspection told us that the ac unit needed service. The single mom that had owned the house never did yearly service and only changed the filter a couple times a year. The house was okay cool when we took ownership. I went ahead and had the unit serviced and the coils cleaned. He added some freon and oil, now Oh my God!!! The house has such low humidity now and we had it set at 68 degrees but the house is cold enough to hang meat. Looks like we got a good Goodman built on a good day. Happy we bought the house with this ac unit.

Date created: 2011-08-14 Name: Art Gardener
Location: Berryville,Ar

"HVACR contractor"
I have been installing air conditioner and heat pumps for over 40 years. The problems I have been reading are all installation problems and the brand will make no difference. I have sold at least 10 brands and have serviced all brands for years. They are all good but very poor tech's 90-% of my work is correcting the problems I have been reading about!! Sorry you need better service people!! Art

Date created: 2011-08-11 Name: A. Zhylinskaya
Location: NJ

"Bad experience!"
I am waiting for a second coil replacement in 1 month! Have no words to describe my feelings! Beware!

Date created: 2011-08-09 Name: Terry Valeo
Location: Louisiana

"Sick at my stomach!"
Spent over $20,000 for 3 units in our new home in August of 2009. Recommended by the company who my parents have dealt with all their lives. Nothing but problems with all 3 units. I just called them again this morning for the 8th time on one unit. Freon has leaked 7 times so they finally replaced the coils 2 weeks ago. Guess what, the system is not cooling again. I've had the entire unit outside replaced as well and this crap is not even 2 years old. If I ever do replace these units, I guess I'll break the bank and buy a trane or whatever appears to be the best on the market at the time. Not worth the headache.

Date created: 2011-08-08 Name: Laura
Location: Greensboro NC

"Hvac"
Do not buy a Goodman !!!!! We purchased our new hvac in April 2011 and it has never worked. First, the problem was the thermostat, so they said. We replaced it. Second, they said we had a faulty coil. We replaced it. We have had freon added twice. Goodman will not solve the problem. As the other reviews state, Goodman says it was the installer. Do not buy a Goodman.

<< Previous1718192021222324252627282930313233343536Next >>