Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN central air conditioners

Read more about GOODMAN central air conditioners

<< Previous1617181920212223242526272829303132333435Next >>

Date created: 2012-05-10 Name: Eric Lee
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona

"Bad experience"
I purchased 2 new Goodman a/c units when I remodeled my home 2 years ago. My 4 ton unit has failed 3 times in the last year. On 2 occasions the Capacitors failed and the last time the Fan motor failed. My installing company said he will not install Goodman units doe to the high recall for parts failure. I will never buy Goodman products again.

Date created: 2012-05-09 Name: D.Allen
Location: Houston,Tx

"A law suit waiting to happen!"
Nothing but trouble!!! Unit is 3 years old and constantly in need of repair. Labor and freon alone have run my repair bills through the roof. If anyone wants to file a lawsuit count me in.

Date created: 2012-05-08 Name: H.D.
Location: Dallas, TX

"DON'T BUY GOODMAN!"
Like most others on here, we have had nothing but trouble from the very first summer we moved into our brand new home with 2 Goodman units! We spent hundreds to try to fix the problems we keep having with maintenance call after maintenance call only to finally spend thousands to totally replace the Goodman units with a more reliable brand (inside and out). Don't buy goodman unless you want a headache!!!

Date created: 2012-05-07 Name: Mark C
Location: Orlando FL

"Goodman A/C"
Please consider other companies' products before buying Goodman. Bad experience here with coil leaking, capacitor failure, motor vibration and cost to resolve. I am told that the new liquid coolants required by law burst thru Goodman coils. So why do they sell them and press you to buy extended warranty? You still pay for parts after they try and give you a story. Some good companies don't ask you to buy warranty, they back the product. Spend the $$ and get a Trane or something else. There is a difference. Stay away from Goodman/Amana. Good luck.

Date created: 2012-05-02 Name: J. Gasaway
Location: Oklahoma city

"Do NOT Buy a Goodman"
It has been trouble from installation. The company did try to fix it & even got the Goodman rep to come out to inspect it & said the factory orifice was wrong. Still have problems.

Date created: 2012-04-27 Name: R. Ponder
Location: Tomball ,Tx

"Goodman is Junk"

Date created: 2012-04-25 Name: One disappointed customer of the Goodman product
Location: Milledgeville, Georgia

"GOODMAN IS JUNK; DON'T BUY"
I am having the same problems every other consumer is having with Goodman. The unit started giving me problems when it was only three years old and the problems have not stopped and it's just year 4. I have been paying to replace the freon that has been leaking. I have been told that I need to replace the coil which is running me about $600-700. The company will not offer any support or take responsibility for these lemons they are building. They will only pay for the parts but not the labor. It seems a civil suit needs to be filed against this company. There are far too many complaints about the same problem for this to be a coincidence.

Date created: 2012-04-24 Name: Matson
Location: north alabama

"NEVER look at Goodman...."
Have had nothing but trouble with Goodman unit. Replacing ac condenser every 2 years! Discovered today that the heating unit is not working. Surprise....not. This is a piece of crap. Millionaire Goodman needs to back his products and replace them if they go out within 10 years. I feel a class action law suit coming on...I'll lead that train!! Already checked and even with warranty run out...you can still sue. All I really want is a replacement unit in this new home I bought 6 years ago.

Date created: 2012-04-23 Name: Lindsey Brown
Location: Atlanta Ga.

"Unknown"
I have a 3 and half ton unit, worked well for two years and now it seem to need a new capacitor every other month and now they have to add freon each time which is expensive. I may order the freon and Capacitors and have them on hand when the service tech comes.

Date created: 2012-04-20 Name: Louis S.

"Run, don't walk, away"
I've had 2 units (upstairs/downstairs) for 8 1/2 years, and I don't think I've gone but 1 or 2 years without a service call. I've had the compressors on each unit replaced, along with several capacitors and had a few cleanings to keep these units going. I wish I'd gotten something else.

<< Previous1617181920212223242526272829303132333435Next >>