Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN central air conditioners

Read more about GOODMAN central air conditioners

<< Previous1516171819202122232425262728293031323334Next >>

Date created: 2012-06-05 Name: kevin
Location: VA

"Very good for me."
Not sure why so many people hate Goodman, have had mine since 2006 and it cools and heats like a champ. I keep it clean and it was installed by someone who obviously did the install properly. I have no complaints with this unit. 3-Ton 13 Seer.

Date created: 2012-05-30 Name: RONNEY
Location: TORONTO, ONT

"GOODMAN"
Purchased 1.5 ton unit. Very happy with price and performance. It's all about the installer's knowledge. Get a hack and you will have troubles...

Date created: 2012-05-30 Name: S Lindgren
Location: Cedar Park, TX

"2AC units installed 2008"
The main unit coil failed within one year and was replaced under warranty. Now the coil has failed again in the main unit and needs to be replaced. Had the second unit checked and found a leak in the coil on this unit also. I will change the ac units once the parts warranty runs out and they will not be Goodman units.

Date created: 2012-05-28 Name: Kevin
Location: hamilton, ontario

"Worst Piece of Garbage"
We purchased a Goodman outdoor air conditioner in August 2008, If memory serves me right that fall was very cool, so we only used it a dozen times. The following spring, a capacitor needed to be replaced (under warranty). The following spring, a capacitor, freon, and the main compressor needed to be replaced (the parts were under warranty, but I had a $500 bill for labour.) The following spring, it again did not work, the freon was completely gone, another $400 bill. That august, it stopped working again, the capacitor needed to be replaced, and the freon was again low. This spring, it again stopped working, will not cool. We are going to now replace a 3 year old air conditioner as I cannot continue repairing this unit. totally disgusting service.

Date created: 2012-05-28 Name: M. Cook
Location: Weston, FL

"Terrible AC Unit"
Very sorry I purchased this 16 seer Goodman ac. Installed in November. First service call within a couple of months, second service call within a couple of months of that and now on third service call. 1. Unit didn't heat on reverse cycle until 2 days after turned on. 2. Stopped Cooling. 3 Stopped Cooling. Service people come and flush out line, replace thermostat, I don't know what they will do this time, but it always costs me money.

Date created: 2012-05-28 Name: Diane Hamilton
Location: Springfield OH

"Great Deal So Far"
I bought my 16 seer 3 years ago and it has been working wonderfully since. Good price, great cooling. No problems.

Date created: 2012-05-27 Name: F. Carpenter
Location: Surfside Beach, SC

"Caveat emptor on Goodman"
Our unit is less than 3 years old and we just had to have the compressor replaced. It was still under warranty so there was no charge on the replacement compressor, but the labor charge was over $600. If we had it to do over, our purchase would not have been a Goodman. The guy who did the replacement said he would never buy a Goodman and he works for the company who sold it to us.

Date created: 2012-05-25 Name: N. Pearcy
Location: Gardner, Ks

"Homeowner"
I purchased a new home last year, and the a/c and furnace are both goodman. I have had the service tech out 3 times in a year to fix it. I have spoken with the service techs and other a/c shops, and all have said the same thing...crap. So when my labor warranty is up I'm swapping out for somthing better.

Date created: 2012-05-25 Name: 1txguy
Location: fort worth, tx

"Cheapest out in the Market"
This is the cheapest thing you can get out in the market. I know you have heard that saying " you get what you pay for!" Thats exactly what this is. Never buy anything that wont last and keep your family from heat or cold.

Date created: 2012-05-23 Name: JRueben
Location: Nashville

"The worst product"
I had my home built in 2005 and with it came this product upstairs. I've had freon add 4 times out of the 7 years I've been here. It seems like Goodman is preying on its customers. If they refuse to recall this product, they meant for this to happen to cash in on coil resale. Terrible terrible buisness. This product should be recalled or class action. I've paid 69.95 diagnostic + 58.00 freon for 4 years, now I have to pay 624.00 for the fix. It's rediculas. I mean I dont know if it's goodman or goodman helping the installation guys because they have reaped the rewards as well. I know that I not the only one paying 130.00 a year for freon. And is the freon leak a hazard? That's what we need to concentrate on.

<< Previous1516171819202122232425262728293031323334Next >>