Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN central air conditioners

Read more about GOODMAN central air conditioners

<< Previous1415161718192021222324252627282930313233Next >>

Date created: 2012-03-26 Name: John
Location: Oviedo, fl

"Compressor says Pioneer"
Capacity 4100 Eer 13 Seer 15- I bought this unit 3 years ago paying $5,000 In Year 2 the capacitor went out. Now in year 3 the evaporator coil has gone out. While the parts are covered the labor is not. I just spent $200 in labor and the guy said he gave me a deal because the normal price is 800-900 dollars in labor. My previous unit was put in in 1983. When I had it replaced in 2007 it was still working just fine. It was a Trane and although today's may not be as good it has to be better than this Goodman piece of junk!

Date created: 2012-03-25 Name: Ted
Location: Arlington, TX

"Contractors View"
I am a contractor with 39 years in the industry. I am not associated with any brand of equipment other than I sell what I want to. I want the same thing that every homeowner wants: an efficient reliable system with an excellent warranty for a good price. Thats all you can ask of any manufacturer. I have found that any problems such as coils, reversing valves, boards, compressors, capacitors, txv'S...you name it...ALL The manufacturers face the same issues at one time or another. The fact is, I no longer see "junk" being made by any of the brands. Goodman has proven to be as good if not better in many cases than many of them. Also don't forget that most homeowners want the best price up front that they can get and Goodman is very reasonably priced although they are not the cheapest. Point is, they go with a cheap contractor that may not even be licensed. Why would you want to make an investment for thousands of dollars and have an idiot install it to save a few hundred dollars? That is usually (not always) the reason for equipment failure. All things considered, Goodman is a very good value...that is why I am so happy with them. Yes, I sell Trane, Lennox, Rheem and Carrier (Bryant) and others. I always recommend Goodman as the value leader. Their other brand, Amana has the best warranty in the industry for a few hundred more. Bottom line, Goodman bashers have in most cases had a bad experience due to inferior installation technique! A beautiful looking job is only as good as the installer and how he did it that day. It sucks I know, but thats the cold hard truth. I recommend you check out your contractor with the bbb, get referrals, do some research on proper installation and ask a lot of questions!!!

Date created: 2012-03-23 Name: Jason
Location: new jersy

"Owner"
Purchased two different units made by goodman -- Big Mistake. One Unit after 2 years the coil and condenser went the other unit after 2 years the coil went and then they give you the excuse well the installer should have told you about the insurance for repair cost. They know their product is deficient and don't care. Advice: buy anything but a Goodman.

Date created: 2012-03-11 Name: Tony

"Goodman's Bad Coils"
In 2009, I bought two new 4-Ton Goodman a/c systems for my house and had them installed by a certified technician. Precisely after one year, one of the coils developed a leak, and a couple of months later, the other coil developed the same problem. The technician who replaced my coils was the same technician who installed the original units. According to him, Goodman continued using older coils which were designed for R-22 Freon on their newer units which "required" R-410A Freon. The newer Freon works under higher pressure, and is very corrosive, which could result in leaks if used on coils which were designed for R-22. I seriously think that a class action lawsuit should be brought on Goodman, in order to cover all of the expenses their customers have had to incur due to Goodman's recklessness. They had to have known this would occur. They probably ran the numbers, and it was too expensive for them to recall the units.

Date created: 2012-02-26 Name: CHRISTIAN DREW
Location: royal palm beach, florida

"Minto community in West Palm Beach, Florida"
My coil has been replaced 4 times, it just went out again last night and I live in south florida

Date created: 2012-02-12 Name: A Byrd
Location: Ramer, TN

"So much trouble"
We bought our house brand new and Goodman is the unit that came with the house. Every 6 months (literally) something goes wrong with this thing. We went two weeks last August with no air. we thought at least its still under warranty so the coil was replaced without cost for the coil itself. Of course we paid the man who replaced it $430 for labor and $75 for shipping. The bill for heating our house in Dec and Jan of 2011 was right at $500 a month. Our house is all electric but this is still twice as much as normal for mid winter or summer. It runs and runs and runs or doesn't run at all most of the time. Since we have owned the house we bought in September of 08' we have spent over $1000 just on getting the a/c unit worked on for whatever reason. Now six months after getting the coil replaced (on a three year old unit) and during the two coldest days of our winter so far the thing is not blowing hot air but just air constantly. Meaning it is not shutting off at all again. This is equally stressful as my husband lost his job and did not work all of last year so the money we have had to spend on this thing has been dear. I agree with a previous post on the class action lawsuit idea. This is ridiculous to say the least and inexcusable for this company to put these things out there.

Date created: 2012-02-01 Name: Bryon Westley
Location: San Antonio, TX

"Bad wrap"
I have had a Goodman for years and believe it or not work on hundreds of Goodman systems. I have read up to 100 of these reviews, and I can tell you that 90% of these bad reviews are not from equipment itself, it is the lack of education and skills of the people who install the systems, and undereducated sales people. Unfortunately Goodman equipment is less expensive compared to the other major manufactures, so it makes it easier for fly by night companies to purchase and sell. Tips: Always ask for extended labor warranties, Goodman has the best warranties over any manufacturers. Make sure that the company that is installing the unit has a good reputation and takes their time. Thank you for reading my review.

Date created: 2012-01-31 Name: Neil Anderson
Location: Beaumont tx

"Great unit"
Great unit haven't had any problems. This unit is quiet and way more efficient than my old trans unit. I think most the problems others had was poor installers make sur you get a reliable contractor.

Date created: 2012-01-03 Name: Clyde Scurry
Location: High Springs , FL

"Worst unit Ever!"
Worst unit Ever! Replaced a 20 year old unit that worked Better than this Goodman p-o-s###. Salesman said it was greatest thing since sliced bread. "We would see Huge savings in our utility bill immediately." We pay More Now. Unit is package 4 ton unit and have had so many problems and Hundreds of "cha-Chings" on "Warranty covered" issues. We had the Same issues as Many others posting here. Refrigerator leaks less than 1 year, defrost board 2 times in 2nd year evap coil 3rd year all within 1 month after service techncian did the 2 yearly "main service checks" Each time "Every thing is working Properly" Bam! Less than 1 month another part fails and more Cha-Ching. Technician was here 12 days ago replaced evap coil replaced "Under Warranty" cost us 150$ "Cha-Ching" for shipping the "Under Warranty" part. That is what the service company said Goodman charges them. Plus we had to pay Another service call because service agreement does Not cover these issues, however everything was "working Properly" just 12 days earlier. Never buy this crap same problems as every1 else. I would Luv 2 get Many owners 2 join a class lawsuit only problem is the attorneys get all the money. Ripped off and screwed without buying me dinner again.

Date created: 2011-12-22 Name: Anna Davis
Location: Raleigh NC

"Very Satisfied"
This is my second Goodman, believe it or not my first Goodman lasted over 15 years with only one repair to date! I'm praying that my new one last just as long. ;-)

<< Previous1415161718192021222324252627282930313233Next >>