Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN central air conditioners

Read more about GOODMAN central air conditioners

<< Previous1314151617181920212223242526272829303132Next >>

Date created: 2012-07-09 Name: A. Klitzka
Location: Appleton,WI

"Disappointed but service was excellent"
Model# clj18-1a owned for 7 years. Froze up the 2nd year we owned it. Yes, it is tuned-up & inspected every year. This summer is just stopped running all together. Was told I'd have to pay an additional $125 to have some gadget installed to handle cooler temperature settings. Have no idea when the repair tech is even going to arrive. Depends on where my name is on the list even though they've known about this since Saturday. Have no idea what repairs will cost. Update: I sent in an initial review of my Goodman model clj18-1a as being 7 years old and after only 2 years it froze up. I have to say the repair tech showed up by noon and it turned out to be a burned out dual run capacitator (?) Because I have a maintenance agreement, the service call was free and I also got a 15% discount on the replacement part. I still am not real happy about the a/c but I had to let people know Bob's heating and Cooling in Kimberly, Wisconsin are great people. Our family has gone to them over 40 years.

Date created: 2012-07-09 Name: mack matthews
Location: cartersville,ga.

"Goodman junk"
Bought this unit 2 years ago, fan goes out can't get one locally, has to come from Texas, I have to pay $150 overnight shipping, then wait 2 days to get it installed my temperature in the house yesterday was 90 cools down to 85 at night. Does this company or any other give a crap I can't live in my house, my garden is coming in and will probably lose it cant cook at 90. I don't know the solution, but you can't buy anything now and expect it to last over 6 months what ever happened to pride in your work or your product I don't think a warranty is worth 2cents on anything.

Date created: 2012-07-08 Name: S.Higgins
Location: Mctown ,TN

"Goodman= poor quality"
This unit was put in my new home and every year I've had to have it worked on. After 10 years I've had it gonna replace it with something else.I recommend you spend the extra money and get another unit. All parts are made overseas and are cheap and poor quality. DO we make anything in the USA ANYMORE?? Any company that puts this junk in someones home should be ashamed.

Date created: 2012-07-04 Name: Richard C.
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

"Ripped Off by Goodman and Dealer Network"
Called May 26th for yearly service, since then the ac unit has not worked. Six weeks of run around, $400 part replaced in furnace (probably not needed) and still not working. Now its the lower controller valve, 1st week the contractor forgot to order it (Crowley Heating) the not in stock, then the Canadian distributor forgot to order it, finally ordered with 1 to 2 week delivery. Spoke to Goodman in Texas and the part is in stock, it is up to the Canadian distributor to expedite the order. Still no part arriving and it is the hottest days of the year. On top of that the original dealer failed to register the 10 yr parts and labour warranty (we paid extra for it) so we are screwed there also. In talking to Goodman ho it's too bad so sad. Definitely wouldn't recommend this brand to anybody unless they are my enemy.

Date created: 2012-07-03 Name: Paula
Location: Hampton, VA

"No problems whatsoever :)"
Got 3 estimates for 3 different systems from 3 different companies back in 2008. Did not choose the cheapest estimate, chose the best contractor... Did my homework before hand and ask a simple question during estimates. 'Tell me step by step what you need to do to replace this 20yr old Rheem 10 Seer System and what type of materials you will use' also the contractor matched the Goodman parts warranty with a 10yr labor warranty! I was floored! This convinced me that he was confident with his work and I haven't seen him since that day...this little 13 Seer system is a beast-runs great, looks great and helped me just sell my house for top dollar a couple of months ago. I plan on calling the same contractor for an upgrade in my new home. I design naval aircraft carriers so I'm no hvac expert, but I firmly believe it's all in the install.

Date created: 2012-07-03 Name: EHPena
Location: Houston, TX

"10 Year Piece of Crap"
Built my house in 2002 and had I known I needed to upgrade the a/c system I would have! The builder installed a Goodman and in 10 years I have replaced 1 compressor (2004), 3 coils (2005, 2006, 2008) and 2 capacitors. I need another coil and decided to replace the entire system. I've been band-aiding the system for the last two years and the a/c guy told me this year to replace the entire system. After reading reviews for the other systems I'm very unsure which way to go. Hopefully, I can get thru this Texas summer before having to buy a new system!

Date created: 2012-07-02 Name: James R.
Location: Houston, TX

"Goodman equipment is very good"
I work for an a/c company. If you own newer Goodman or Amana equipment and are having a problem, it is almost certainly due to faulty installation. When you hire cheap labor or disreputable contractors to do the work, you are getting exactly what you pay for. Hire a good company to do the work and you may pay a bit more, but you can be assured that they will install the equipment correctly and will honor any warranties they sold to you. I have Goodman equipment in my home and have zero complaints. I have toured all of the factories for Goodman, Carrier, and Trane and we have installed all of this equipment over the years. We used to recommend Trane, but they and Carrier have just priced themselves out of the market. When you spend the money for Carrier and Trane, you are spending extra money for the name only. From my experience in working with the equipment and seeing it all manufactured, I would say the Goodman equipment is at least on par with the others, and actually better than them in some areas. The bottom line is, don't skimp on hiring a good installer, and you won't have so many hassles in the future.

Date created: 2012-07-02 Name: S Bryant
Location: Tallahassee FL

"Unhappy with their warrantly"
When we purchased our manufactured home in 2006, the dealer did not leave any paper work regarding the ac unit. The unit's coil just went out and I was just told by Goodman that my serial number did not fall under the 10 year standard warranty. The unit they have on their internet is the exact same unit that I had installed but only has a 5 year standard warranty. Don't bother calling their customer service, they are no help. Just suck it up as a lose.

Date created: 2012-06-30 Name: Rus
Location: San Diego, CA

"Installer COUNTS"
I have been installing this product for 25 years when it first came to Calif. I also install Carrier, Lennox and York. I won't install anything that gives me more than a 1% - 2% warranty return. They all use 1 of 2 compressors. If you don't put it in right you will always have a problem regardless of the equipment. These bad reviews seem to all break down to losey instalation and the guys don't know how to fix it. dah! Put them in right and they will all work for 15 to 20 years. Thats been my experience for 30 years.

Date created: 2012-06-30 Name: John Vaught
Location: Eastern Kentucky

"John"
We built a brand new home in 2005, our local home improvement place talked us into purchasing a goodman. We purchased an 8 ton unit off of them, during the 7 year period that we have owned this piece of equipment we have replaced the compressor 5 times, like previously mentioned in someone's post we have had trouble with the ten year warranty. Each time we have replaced the compressor we have had to pay for the labor and the freon. Last summer it cost us over 750.00 to get it fixed. This is absolutely retarded...we paid thousands for this unit expecting it to last for years and it is junk...I Don't care what these guys said that it is not junk . They obviously don't own one.....well guess what it just went out again...this is crazy period...you suck goodman. When the warranty is up so is goodman.

<< Previous1314151617181920212223242526272829303132Next >>