Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN central air conditioners

Read more about GOODMAN central air conditioners

<< Previous1314151617181920212223242526272829303132Next >>

Date created: 2012-04-12 Name: David Szewczykowski
Location: Davenport Florida

"Goodman junk"
I have had nothing but trouble from day one, my unit is always breaking down. The company I bought it from would do nothing, so I wrote the Goodman company and got just as far. The service tec's that come to service my unit even agree that the unit is a lemon and should be replaced, but they are in no position to help me for fear of their jobs. My nieghbor also had a Goodman lemon and they replaced his unit but refused to replace mine. Buyer beware these units are junk buy something else. anything else, and you"ll be better off.

Date created: 2012-04-07 Name: dan
Location: mi

"Don't buy"
I had a new house built. the builder assured me the goodman ac/furnace unit is a brand name with a guarantee. The first summer a major part of the ac unit burned up. I live in Michigan where an ac is used only a couple times a year. Warranty covered the part but not the $120 service charge. Second winter furnace refused to lite and come on. After another $120 service charge everything was taken apart and cleaned. This is only the second winter on a new unit. Year 3 the ac runs but the air in my basement is cooler than what the ac is blowing out. Told leaking freon and a new system compressor needed. The serviceman thinks the warranty will cover the part but not the $400 charge to install it. 3 years on a new unit and its all garbage. Has anyone filed suit or a claim with the bbb? It appears so many people are unhappy with this maker.

Date created: 2012-04-03 Name: r mckenney
Location: sarasota, fl

"Unreliable Product"
Copper pipe used (exterior and interior) has developed leaks in 2 of 3 years owned. Warranty covered replacement part but not labor or 21 lbs coolant. $1500 in extra charges in 2 years.

Date created: 2012-04-02 Name: jimfet
Location: Hamlet NC

"Great looking and running unit."
My Goodman has been great so far. It replaced a 22 year old Bryant unit. That in the last 5 years of having it, needed to be repaired twice and only put out 70 at the register. Great unit to last that long. I wanted a 3 ton unit, but my contractor said go with 2.5 as 3 ton was too big. So I got the 2.5, 13 seer. I thought $3000 was a good deal for the unit, pad, 7k heater coil, other things and installed. My house is right under 1400sq ft, so he was probably right. Now my air is 54 at the register. Boy has my power bill dropped. Registered online with Goodman, so my 10 year warranty is good to go. Unit still looks brand new. Now I'm scared of copper thieves.

Date created: 2012-04-01 Name: Terry Shell
Location: Richmond,Tx.

"The noisest unit on earth"
You people make a good product but, I can't sit on my patio and talk to anyone when this unit is running. Why? Are these units going to stay loud?

Date created: 2012-03-29 Name: Matt
Location: Merritt Island, Fl

"Leaks and More Leaks"
I've had 5 coils replaced on two units and about to replace another 1 or 2 as both units froze up last night. In spite of what some of the professionals on here say, these units are defective by design, plain and simple. This is not an "installation" issue, there are almost 70% negative reviews on here and it is doubtful 70% of installations are defective and repeated as many times as some of us have experienced. Meanwhile the outside units hardware is corroding after only 6 years. If you cannot design and build hardware to last in the environment that it has to operate in (yes it gets wet,duh) then your warranty means nothing as the homeowner has to absorb the cost of labor and Freon at $40/lb plus replacement of parts not covered that are very expensive. The auto industry gets it why not the ac industry. I have an 11 year old car that is outside all the time, has no rust and the ac still works!

Date created: 2012-03-26 Name: FB
Location: North Carolina

"Couldn't imagine a worse unit"
Lets start before the unit was installed to just paint the picture here. In 2001 my wife had a kidney/pancreas transplant. Her health has never been strong since that time. I'm glad she's alive but, she can't take a lot of abuse. So, about five years ago the Trane ac compressor quit. It was 12 years old. Nothing runs like a trane, except a Yugo. It was replaced by a professional with a Goodman. The Goodman has never run for more than three months at a time without a major repair. Even when brand new it was eating contactors which were burning out the transformers. We have gone through a pile of those. Even on it's best day it couldn't cool the house down on a hot day. Last year the compressor was seized and the HVAC guy "unfroze" it which lasted less than three months, at which time we just toughed it out till fall. Now summer is coming on hot already and we have no air. To top it off I find out that the installer charged me about $900.00 more than it should have cost. My new HVAC guy says that the unit is the proper size and should be able to cool. He's not impressed either. I spent way more cash than I needed to for a unit that simply doesn't work and never worked as it should. Goodman and the installer should be ashamed for screwing people who need reliable AC for health conditions. The love of money is the root of all evil, or so the book says.

Date created: 2012-03-26 Name: John
Location: Oviedo, fl

"Compressor says Pioneer"
Capacity 4100 Eer 13 Seer 15- I bought this unit 3 years ago paying $5,000 In Year 2 the capacitor went out. Now in year 3 the evaporator coil has gone out. While the parts are covered the labor is not. I just spent $200 in labor and the guy said he gave me a deal because the normal price is 800-900 dollars in labor. My previous unit was put in in 1983. When I had it replaced in 2007 it was still working just fine. It was a Trane and although today's may not be as good it has to be better than this Goodman piece of junk!

Date created: 2012-03-25 Name: Ted
Location: Arlington, TX

"Contractors View"
I am a contractor with 39 years in the industry. I am not associated with any brand of equipment other than I sell what I want to. I want the same thing that every homeowner wants: an efficient reliable system with an excellent warranty for a good price. Thats all you can ask of any manufacturer. I have found that any problems such as coils, reversing valves, boards, compressors, capacitors, txv'S...you name it...ALL The manufacturers face the same issues at one time or another. The fact is, I no longer see "junk" being made by any of the brands. Goodman has proven to be as good if not better in many cases than many of them. Also don't forget that most homeowners want the best price up front that they can get and Goodman is very reasonably priced although they are not the cheapest. Point is, they go with a cheap contractor that may not even be licensed. Why would you want to make an investment for thousands of dollars and have an idiot install it to save a few hundred dollars? That is usually (not always) the reason for equipment failure. All things considered, Goodman is a very good value...that is why I am so happy with them. Yes, I sell Trane, Lennox, Rheem and Carrier (Bryant) and others. I always recommend Goodman as the value leader. Their other brand, Amana has the best warranty in the industry for a few hundred more. Bottom line, Goodman bashers have in most cases had a bad experience due to inferior installation technique! A beautiful looking job is only as good as the installer and how he did it that day. It sucks I know, but thats the cold hard truth. I recommend you check out your contractor with the bbb, get referrals, do some research on proper installation and ask a lot of questions!!!

Date created: 2012-03-23 Name: Jason
Location: new jersy

"Owner"
Purchased two different units made by goodman -- Big Mistake. One Unit after 2 years the coil and condenser went the other unit after 2 years the coil went and then they give you the excuse well the installer should have told you about the insurance for repair cost. They know their product is deficient and don't care. Advice: buy anything but a Goodman.

<< Previous1314151617181920212223242526272829303132Next >>