Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN central air conditioners

Read more about GOODMAN central air conditioners

<< Previous1314151617181920212223242526272829303132Next >>

Date created: 2012-06-25 Name: dan powers
Location: midwest

"HVAC Instructor"
There is nothing wrong with a Goodman. Like any other brand, its the installer that counts. Too many hacks in our business. I teach hvac for the union apprentices in the sheet metal industry (they're trained for 4 yrs!!). Also, they are trained in ethics in service. I have installed every type of unit out there and it's the installer that makes or breaks a system. Silver solder, or brazed, nitrogen tested, nitrogen brazed, evacuated to 500 microns, superheat or sub-cooling charged. Schraders checked and seal capped. The compressors are the same in a Goodman, Carrier, Rheem, usually Copeland or Tecumseh. Get a good technician and you will not be writing a horror story review on any unit!!! Union sheet metal workers do a lot of side work also. The price will be right.

Date created: 2012-06-25 Name: Araceli L Santos
Location: West Orange, NJ

"What a Disappointment"
We had our a/c installed in 2009. The installer's contract stipulated a 10 year warranty on labor and parts. Last week, the a/c did not work. We called the installer and they had to put refrigerant in it and billed us $298.00. First of all, why would this happen only after 3 years? Second of all, why is the warranty not being honored? The customer service person said there is no such warranty!

Date created: 2012-06-20 Name: jack l
Location: kansas city ks

"Good Units"
I have installed many units over the years. have had no problems with the goodman units. I have over 30 years experience and have seen every brand on the market have problems when installed improperly. What I have read here sounds like poor installs to me and they also don't know how to fix their screw ups blame the man not the machine.

Date created: 2012-06-18 Name: D. O'Dell
Location: San Antonio, TX

"Terrible HVAC"
Bought a home in November 2011 that has three Goodman units, all of which only 18 months old. Can't keep them running. Coil replaced on one unit four days ago (took two weeks to get repaired under warranty) lasted three days and unit is now down again. Waiting for service call. Do not buy these units!

Date created: 2012-06-14 Name: M Bjorland
Location: Citrus heights CA

"Total junk"
I had a local reputable business install a new furnace and ac unit as our old compressor failed. Every year I've had a tech out to fix it. This year the coils freeze up. I had a tech come out and charge me a $300 bill to charge with freon and that night it froze again. It had been loosing freon. Easy and is a total piece of junk. Never again. The old system worked better for longer.

Date created: 2012-06-14 Name: Mac
Location: Hammond, La.

"A/C has to be installed properly."
There are a lot of Goodman's installed. They are inexpensive. Alot of hacks out there not putting them in correctly. Mine works great. Was installed properly. My a/c has been stolen twice at my office. Both times it was an a/c guy. Both are now in jail. So I got my epa license and installed it myself. The reason so many are having problems is not the equipment, it is because they were looking for the cheapest bid and they got what they paid for. But it was not the a/c that was cheap. It was the installer who was cheap and didn't do it right. Believe me, I know.

Date created: 2012-06-08 Name: Joy Nelson
Location: Tamarac, FL

"Goodman is THE Worst Air Conditioner in The World!"
My mother purchased a Goodman Air Conditioner 3 years ago to replace out 35 year old ge ac unit. The coils freeze if the temp is turned below 72. Since my bedroom is the farthest from the air handler I need to turn it down to 70 degrees to achieve a temperature of under 82 in my room. The unit needs daily maintenance to keep it running. The house was dank and humid for the 1st 18 months so it didn't handle humidity well. The coils freeze at least once a day. I turned it up to 72 for a couple of days. They still froze twice a day. The contractor said there is nothing wrong with the unit but it completely fails (frozen coils aside) twice a week. I now work for an ac company and every time I hear the service calls for poor wiring in the air handler and, leaking coils, and condenser failure I ask if it's a Goodman and 100% of the time... It is. I change the filter weekly and keep a turkey baster by the drain line to check for overflow. In the last month the unit completely shut down 6 times for various and sundry electrical issues. Goodman is the cheapest ac on the market but what is has cost me in ac emergency calls (12 months a year in S. Florida) makes it the most expensive unit you can buy. From what I observed in the last few months of working for an ac company I would strongly advise anyone considering a new ac to buy a Rheem for a few extra dollars. Our 35 year old ge unit didn't give us the headaches we have experienced with this Goodman ac. In fact, we have had more ac problems with the new Goodman ac in less than 3 years than we did in 35 years with our old air conditioner. Goodman is the worst air conditioner money can buy. the worst. Not just my experience. I hear the "no cool" calls all day long at the ac company I work for. I wish I knew 3 years ago what I know now. do not buy a goodman!

Date created: 2012-06-05 Name: kevin
Location: VA

"Very good for me."
Not sure why so many people hate Goodman, have had mine since 2006 and it cools and heats like a champ. I keep it clean and it was installed by someone who obviously did the install properly. I have no complaints with this unit. 3-Ton 13 Seer.

Date created: 2012-05-30 Name: RONNEY
Location: TORONTO, ONT

"GOODMAN"
Purchased 1.5 ton unit. Very happy with price and performance. It's all about the installer's knowledge. Get a hack and you will have troubles...

Date created: 2012-05-30 Name: S Lindgren
Location: Cedar Park, TX

"2AC units installed 2008"
The main unit coil failed within one year and was replaced under warranty. Now the coil has failed again in the main unit and needs to be replaced. Had the second unit checked and found a leak in the coil on this unit also. I will change the ac units once the parts warranty runs out and they will not be Goodman units.

<< Previous1314151617181920212223242526272829303132Next >>