Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN central air conditioners

Read more about GOODMAN central air conditioners

<< Previous1314151617181920212223242526272829303132Next >>

Date created: 2012-07-15 Name: matt m.
Location: charsleston,sc

"Absolute POS!"
I have spent almost the same amount of money repairing my Goodman ac than purchasing it. It is absolutely the most worthless piece of crap ever manufactured.

Date created: 2012-07-13 Name: Dan
Location: Louisiana

"Terrible"
I have been in my home for a year with a brand new goodman ac. I have had so much trouble with it I am buying a new system, its a pos!

Date created: 2012-07-10 Name: P smith
Location: Texas

"Garbage"
My unit is 2 years old and today went out again. The 2 years I have the unit I have made 3 service calls. 10 year warranties really? First call $300, second $ 350 and tomorrow will see how much $ this will cost me. Goodman is garbage.

Date created: 2012-07-10 Name: Pete A
Location: Tampa Bay Fl

"To the morons who say the installation is bad"
My Goodman 3.5 tom 15 seer compressor has sprung leaks 3 times in four years...you know how expensive freon is getting now.....when the little tubes crack at the top of the reversing valve all the time how can you say it's from a bad installation?...an installer goes nowhere near that area....it's just a bad design which cannot take all that vibration....I have a friend who works at Goodman distribution center and they have changed the design of the reversing valve and are changing them out in all the units...(obviously defective) so you out there stop saying it's from the installation....it's just Goodman...stay away!!

Date created: 2012-07-09 Name: A. Klitzka
Location: Appleton,WI

"Disappointed but service was excellent"
Model# clj18-1a owned for 7 years. Froze up the 2nd year we owned it. Yes, it is tuned-up & inspected every year. This summer is just stopped running all together. Was told I'd have to pay an additional $125 to have some gadget installed to handle cooler temperature settings. Have no idea when the repair tech is even going to arrive. Depends on where my name is on the list even though they've known about this since Saturday. Have no idea what repairs will cost. Update: I sent in an initial review of my Goodman model clj18-1a as being 7 years old and after only 2 years it froze up. I have to say the repair tech showed up by noon and it turned out to be a burned out dual run capacitator (?) Because I have a maintenance agreement, the service call was free and I also got a 15% discount on the replacement part. I still am not real happy about the a/c but I had to let people know Bob's heating and Cooling in Kimberly, Wisconsin are great people. Our family has gone to them over 40 years.

Date created: 2012-07-09 Name: mack matthews
Location: cartersville,ga.

"Goodman junk"
Bought this unit 2 years ago, fan goes out can't get one locally, has to come from Texas, I have to pay $150 overnight shipping, then wait 2 days to get it installed my temperature in the house yesterday was 90 cools down to 85 at night. Does this company or any other give a crap I can't live in my house, my garden is coming in and will probably lose it cant cook at 90. I don't know the solution, but you can't buy anything now and expect it to last over 6 months what ever happened to pride in your work or your product I don't think a warranty is worth 2cents on anything.

Date created: 2012-07-08 Name: S.Higgins
Location: Mctown ,TN

"Goodman= poor quality"
This unit was put in my new home and every year I've had to have it worked on. After 10 years I've had it gonna replace it with something else.I recommend you spend the extra money and get another unit. All parts are made overseas and are cheap and poor quality. DO we make anything in the USA ANYMORE?? Any company that puts this junk in someones home should be ashamed.

Date created: 2012-07-04 Name: Richard C.
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

"Ripped Off by Goodman and Dealer Network"
Called May 26th for yearly service, since then the ac unit has not worked. Six weeks of run around, $400 part replaced in furnace (probably not needed) and still not working. Now its the lower controller valve, 1st week the contractor forgot to order it (Crowley Heating) the not in stock, then the Canadian distributor forgot to order it, finally ordered with 1 to 2 week delivery. Spoke to Goodman in Texas and the part is in stock, it is up to the Canadian distributor to expedite the order. Still no part arriving and it is the hottest days of the year. On top of that the original dealer failed to register the 10 yr parts and labour warranty (we paid extra for it) so we are screwed there also. In talking to Goodman ho it's too bad so sad. Definitely wouldn't recommend this brand to anybody unless they are my enemy.

Date created: 2012-07-03 Name: Paula
Location: Hampton, VA

"No problems whatsoever :)"
Got 3 estimates for 3 different systems from 3 different companies back in 2008. Did not choose the cheapest estimate, chose the best contractor... Did my homework before hand and ask a simple question during estimates. 'Tell me step by step what you need to do to replace this 20yr old Rheem 10 Seer System and what type of materials you will use' also the contractor matched the Goodman parts warranty with a 10yr labor warranty! I was floored! This convinced me that he was confident with his work and I haven't seen him since that day...this little 13 Seer system is a beast-runs great, looks great and helped me just sell my house for top dollar a couple of months ago. I plan on calling the same contractor for an upgrade in my new home. I design naval aircraft carriers so I'm no hvac expert, but I firmly believe it's all in the install.

Date created: 2012-07-03 Name: EHPena
Location: Houston, TX

"10 Year Piece of Crap"
Built my house in 2002 and had I known I needed to upgrade the a/c system I would have! The builder installed a Goodman and in 10 years I have replaced 1 compressor (2004), 3 coils (2005, 2006, 2008) and 2 capacitors. I need another coil and decided to replace the entire system. I've been band-aiding the system for the last two years and the a/c guy told me this year to replace the entire system. After reading reviews for the other systems I'm very unsure which way to go. Hopefully, I can get thru this Texas summer before having to buy a new system!

<< Previous1314151617181920212223242526272829303132Next >>