Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN central air conditioners

Read more about GOODMAN central air conditioners

<< Previous1112131415161718192021222324252627282930Next >>

Date created: 2012-08-13 Name: M. Shastid
Location: California

"Buyer Beware! Goodman unit sucks!"
Had a Goodman Unit (3.5) installed on 27 July 2012 and have had a technician out two times since then and it's only been three weeks. First the free-on was low and the capacitor was faulty and had to be replaced. Not sure what the problem is this time but it just runs constantly and doesn't cool the house. Electric bill is going to be huge!!!! Suggestion; do your homework and pay a bit more for a more reliable unit.

Date created: 2012-08-13 Name: Charlie Saliba
Location: NJ

"GREAT COMPANY"
Goodman are as good as most other units on the market I think the problem is with so called Installers.I Installed a 14 seer Goodman 3 years ago and it's been great so far.

Date created: 2012-08-10 Name: Chris m.

"No help at all"
Tried calling Sears to see if they could send a technician out. Since I did not have an "account" already with Sears they said it would take 24 hours before I could schedule an appointment because that's how long it takes for their system to update. I just want the ac fixed and don't care about your computer software!

Date created: 2012-08-08 Name: B. Johnson

"Wow. Love my New AC"
My house has never been so Cold. Wow! I would recommend Goodman to anyone wanting a great comfortable house.

Date created: 2012-08-06 Name: T. Pruitt
Location: Kingston Springs, TN.

"Warranty?"
I purchased a Goodman 5 ton gas/elec and installed it 06/2009. It worked fine for 2 years but the third summer season it stopped cooling. I called a local contractor to look at it and they found a leak in the coil that could not be repaired. After letting it unfreeze and filling it up with r22 and billed for $367 I was told the part would be ordered. In May, this is August and I received a call today to let me know it is in and will cost me an additional $560 for them to install the (warrantied item) "whew, good thing it's under warranty I suppose) so I'm out a $1,000 to have my unit fixed "under warranty". This is my first Goodman and most likely will me my last one. I replaced a 20 Y.O. Carrier 5 ton with this jewel.

Date created: 2012-08-05 Name: jack cervenka
Location: dunnellon,fl

"Homeowner"
Our unit has failed us. The coil has gone bad and Goodman will not cover the repair. The system is less than 1 year old. Please put your money into any other brand. Thanks Jack Cervenka This info will be posted everywhere it can be.

Date created: 2012-08-03 Name: Norris
Location: Palmdale, CA

"Goodman AC Junk don't waste your $ buy name brand 14seer or higher."
Ac Installer recommended a Goodman 13Seer 5ton unit AC/Heating. New system installed July 2012. The old 20+ system when working was cooler than this new Goodman ac. The Goodman maintains a constant temperature if the outside temperature is 90 degrees or below. If the temperature outside is higher the new Goodman System struggles to maintain any setting. It's set at 78degrees when it is 100 degrees outside the system struggles to hold 83-85 temperature. Don't waste your money on a Goodman. Buy a name brand Carrier, Lenox, Trane system.

Date created: 2012-08-01 Name: Marcus H.
Location: Phx, AZ

"As other have stated...POS"
Didn't last 7 years, unit repaired 5 times this year and now tech recommends a replacement unit. What a pos.

Date created: 2012-08-01 Name: James
Location: Maryland

"Absolutely Worthless"
I had a Goodman unit installed in 2009 and It went up again 2 days ago. This will mark the 13th time in 3 years that the installer has had to come out for repair. The compressor died just 3 weeks after install! That should have been my warning. I've already informed the contractor that I plan to take legal action to have this pos gone from my property if he doesn't get rid of this time because enough is enough and a lemon is a lemon. If you had any plans to have a Goodman unit installed at your home, use the money you planned to spend as toilet paper. At least that way you can see what your money has done for you!

Date created: 2012-07-29 Name: C foster
Location: Goodyear, Az

"Charles, Goodyear, AZ"
The most worthless pos I have ever owned. I purchased the extended warranty on the compressors to 10 years. The first unit went out at 6 years tried to collect on warranty for compressor with no luck. Provided proof of payment and still got the runaround. This issue is not settled. Customer service is useless. Today, the other units compressor went out; it's within the extended warranty. I'm gearing up for another fight. Do yourself a favor and never put a piece of crap like Goodman in your house.

<< Previous1112131415161718192021222324252627282930Next >>