Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN central air conditioners

Read more about GOODMAN central air conditioners

<< Previous1112131415161718192021222324252627282930Next >>

Date created: 2012-08-01 Name: James
Location: Maryland

"Absolutely Worthless"
I had a Goodman unit installed in 2009 and It went up again 2 days ago. This will mark the 13th time in 3 years that the installer has had to come out for repair. The compressor died just 3 weeks after install! That should have been my warning. I've already informed the contractor that I plan to take legal action to have this pos gone from my property if he doesn't get rid of this time because enough is enough and a lemon is a lemon. If you had any plans to have a Goodman unit installed at your home, use the money you planned to spend as toilet paper. At least that way you can see what your money has done for you!

Date created: 2012-07-29 Name: C foster
Location: Goodyear, Az

"Charles, Goodyear, AZ"
The most worthless pos I have ever owned. I purchased the extended warranty on the compressors to 10 years. The first unit went out at 6 years tried to collect on warranty for compressor with no luck. Provided proof of payment and still got the runaround. This issue is not settled. Customer service is useless. Today, the other units compressor went out; it's within the extended warranty. I'm gearing up for another fight. Do yourself a favor and never put a piece of crap like Goodman in your house.

Date created: 2012-07-25 Name: Pat
Location: Easley, SC

"Old Goodman"
All I can say is our unit is going on year 17, needed a capacitor 2 years ago, some freon and it has been running like champ ever since...it is 100 in sc today, I think the new stuff is crap, so if it ever goes out I will be very sad to have to change it out in reading all these negative reviews.

Date created: 2012-07-25 Name: t strocchia
Location: az

"The guy with the bad reversing valve.."
If you have high vibration the tech who repairs your a/c should have noticed this. Blade, blade, blade. Remove and replace. While you are at it change the motor. I have not seen any problems with reversing valve, all the companies use the same one. I'm very sorry you're having problems -- it's not the reversing valve, it's the vibration. Call goodman ask for a company that deals with them (good care). Fix the vibration. This time it was the tech. If you have high vibration and do not fix it it will keep doing the same thing. It's like having a hole in the bucket and keep adding water. NOTE: If the king caps are not very tight they will leak freon. I do not work for Goodman.

Date created: 2012-07-25 Name: T strocchia
Location: Phoenix

"Goodman"
Goodman is a very good unit. It has the best warranty of anyone out there. It's all about the installer! I live in Phoenix, AZ -- over 100 degrees every day. You know what stops a Trane? A Phoenix summer. I do not work for Goodman. If you have a problem with your equipment call Goodman and they will give you a number of their rating company that only works with Goodman equipment. It's all about the installer's work. Call Goodman and they will send a good man. Shoddy work:. note the company that installed your equipment. You will see the name show up more than once... Update: Look were most bad reviews come from Southern states. Shoddy workmanship. Only one bad review from AZ, where it is the hottest state. Get a parts and labor warranty, for any a/c you buy. Freon is considered a "part". A Lot of Goodman are sold in Phoenix. It can handle the heat! It is all about the installer.

Date created: 2012-07-23 Name: B. Connaughton
Location: Wilmington, NC

"If you want to SWEAT"
I have two Goodman ac units which are only five years old. Two years ago, one of the units (upstairs )went out and we had to replace the coil. This past week, the same unit went out and, again, we were told we had to replace the coil. The coil was not readily available and had to be ordered. Now our downstairs unit has gone out as well. So, while I sit here, sweating, I decided to write others regarding the Goodman product. hvac installers and builders should be made aware of this problem as well!

Date created: 2012-07-23 Name: Gregory Fleysher
Location: Las Vegas NV

"Units are Junk"
Your units are junk. It stoped working after one week of new installation. There is nothing also to say.

Date created: 2012-07-19 Name: Mike
Location: St. Louis

"Huh"
There are so many idiots on here. You people blow my mind! One guy actually blamed his problems on Obama! I've been in the business 30 yrs and would guarantee 90% of these problems are due to shoddy installs. Hint, most of your 2 yr capacitor problems are due to Chinese made capacitors. Thats what we are dealing with nowdays people! All manufacturers have their problems.

Date created: 2012-07-19 Name: M. Rowland
Location: Floral City, FL

"Sorry we bought this Good 4 nothing"
Had 3 ton, 15 seer all in one Goodman unit installed July 2008. July 2009, needed coolant. September 2009, needed coolant. May 2010, needed coolant. May 2011, guess what? Needed coolant. April 2012, needed..wait for it...coolant! Evaporator coil replaced at that time ($475 labor estimate- got a deal--only $300). Now it's the middle of July 2012 in Florida and the Good 4 nothing needs a blower unit. ($500-600 estimate for labor cost) I'm getting the total runaround from the manufacturer. I'm getting estimates for another unit and every company tech that comes out says how surprised he is that the Good 4 nothing unit isn't working and how it's the top of the line. Class action lawsuit? Count me in!

Date created: 2012-07-19 Name: Mark Myers
Location: Houston, TX

"Goodman air conditioners are cheap junk"
Looking to upgrade your hvac this summer? Do not buy Goodman air conditioning units. They are cheap junk, mine has had two separate components break in the first three years. And of course their warranty doesn't cover the $1500 labor to replace the parts.

<< Previous1112131415161718192021222324252627282930Next >>