Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN central air conditioners

Read more about GOODMAN central air conditioners

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2016-07-18 Name: Adam Langner
Location: Waterloo, LA

"Do not buy"
Had a heating and cooling system installed 11 years ago and it was the worst experience ever. It was installed in September so I didn't use the AC the first year, The heat barely kept us warm through the winter, in the summer we had to call the installer back out to check the unit. Short on Freon. He charged the system, but it still wouldn't cool the house. I was told I should only expect it to lower the temperature 10 degrees below the outside temperature. (So if it is 110, I should be happy if it's 100 inside). Never really had a "cool " summer with the air conditioner. Ended up getting a 30 year old window unit that kept up better than my new AC. Following summer, the condenser went out. Covered under warranty, but labor and Freon isn't. So I was looking at $700-$1000 to fix my 3 year old AC. Still having issues keeping the house warm in the winter because the fan isn't big enough to force the air through the house. Had to add a booster heater into the duct work to keep the house halfway warm. Installed a wood burning stove to help and that $80 is worth more than the $5000 for the new HVAC system. Very efficient because I never get to use it. I have called to complain several times, just get the run around. Can't wait to replace it with a real furnace and AC unit, but until then we're stuck with this crap. Better off getting a window AC unit and space heaters. Can't get the website to load anymore so there's no way to email or call the company.

Date created: 2016-07-13 Name: Beverly Brown
Location: Peoria, AZ

"Still working after 19 years"
A Goodman A/C was installed when my house was built in 1998. I bought the house in 2004 as the second owner, and have had regular service on it ever since - including today (July 13, 2016). My unit is still working fine.

Date created: 2016-07-08 Name: James Hays
Location: Roswell, Ga

"Evaporator coil failure after 15 months"
Bought unit with a newly constructed home in March 2015. The unit failed in June 2016. The company said 1. I did not submit a registration card so my warranty was cut from 10 years to 5 years (I never saw a card), and 2. no labor or Freon was covered, only parts. My out-of-pocket for this repair was about $800. Absurd for an almost new unit. Shoddy workmanship. Their customer service agent, Valerie, was absolutely no help. Her supervisor, Claudine, was the same - basically told me 'tough, you're out of luck, we won't do anything". I recommend against ever buying anything from this company. Bad products and bad ethics.

Date created: 2016-07-08 Name: Donna Walker
Location: Navarre, FL

"I would not buy another one"
Got mine after Hurricane Dennis, had nothing but trouble the first year. Everyone should report Goodman to the Better Business Bureau for selling a faulty A/C. I had parts replaced every year. I am sitting, burning up in Florida in the hot summer and I am disabled. Taking advantage of a disabled person is wrong. Something wrong with it every year.

Date created: 2016-07-08 Name: Kim
Location: Raleigh, NC

"It's a money pit"
I have had this unit for 7 years. In the last 2 months I have had to replace 2 coils, compressor and other items. It has taken 10 days to get a coil. I live in North Carolina and it is over 90 degrees so needless to say I have been staying with friends and living out of a suitcase! My last unit lasted 17 year but it wasn't a Goodman. I have a warranty yet it costs me $110.00 to ship the coil to the distributor. I have put over $1,400 into it this year. Do not buy a Goodman.

Date created: 2016-06-22 Name: Teresa Schneider
Location: Victoria, TX

"Model GMS80805CN"
I had this unit installed 3/13/15 and have already had to replace the compressor once, in July 2015 I think it was. It is out again and the guy that installed it says they will replace it one more time but not again. I have never been so frustrated in my life. I've been without AC for a few days and he says it will take 2 days to get a compressor in but he's so busy that it will be another 3 days before he can install it.

Date created: 2016-06-15 Name: Jerome
Location: Houston, TX

"Two units gone out in three years"
We purchased two Goodman AC units about a year apart for two rental houses. We had to replace one unit in two years and the second one in three years. Very disappointed.

Date created: 2016-06-15 Name: Frankie
Location: Toronto, Canada

"Garbage"
3 years new and I have had to service it every spring I called Goodman and they basically told me I'm shit out of luck. Now I need to replace it because it has cost me more in service work than the unit itself. Goodman your products are totally garbage! Do not buy anything Goodman!

Date created: 2016-06-14 Name: Laura Sherman

"Only 3 years old - I need a new one"
I bought my home in 2013 with a brand new Goodman central air conditioner in place. The previous owners had replaced it (should have been my first hint). 3 years later, I am paying $1200 dollars just to make this unit safe. My tenant is paying very high electric bills. I cannot afford a new unit today, so I paid $1200 just to make this one function again...after only 3 years. All of this can be backed up by my serviceman.

Date created: 2016-06-08 Name: Brenda Forsythe
Location: Citra, Florida

"Piece of crap!"
Most unreliable piece of crap out there. Poor quality work from the factory -- cheap, not worth buying.

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>