Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN central air conditioners

Read more about GOODMAN central air conditioners

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2015-03-12 Name: Reggie Barnett
Location: Friendswood, TX

"Great unit"
In 2011 my 17-year-old, builder-installed Trane compressor locked up. This was the upstairs 2 1/2 ton upstairs unit. We are now entering our 4th season with this unit and I can't be more satisfied. The installing company is a Premier Daikin/Amana/Goodman dealer in the Houston area and I can't say enough about how good they are. I would probably say the same no matter the brand. I have purchased the annual service which keeps drain lines clear and the system clean. No problems with the system at all.

Date created: 2015-03-10 Name: gregory
Location: Florida

"Unsatisfied"
Put in the air conditioner, which had to be fixed the next day as it was not blowing cold. The guy came to fix it but it still does not blow cold. It runs all day and does not get cold. I even have to open the refrigerator to help cool down the place; that's nonsense. The only time it goes off is if I turn it off.

Date created: 2015-02-11 Name: Donna Black
Location: Georgia

"Goodman"
I'm not at home now so I don't know the model, but we are very satisfied. I'm not a contractor, but a homeowner, and we are extremely happy. We had a Rheem before and now our electric bill has been cut in half. We have had it 2 years with no problems.

Date created: 2015-01-30 Name: Big Tex
Location: Trophy Club, TX

"Positive reviews here are self-serving"
Let's tell it like it is here. Contractors who handle Goodman simply are not good installers, because they can't get the top brands like Trane to begin with. So they write great reviews and tell you it's installation. Maybe, in some cases. Goodman was Janitrol, which every contractor called Jan-i-Junk. Builders use this crap to get low quotes into the new homes to raise their profit. They do it with every product in the home (unless you pay for an upgrade) and in AC you can't change the manufacturer because it's what the contractor uses for a cheap price. I have a 9-month-old KHOV home and I am replacing half the stuff in this $700,000 house...horrible! My AC issue here is that they undersized my tonnage to begin with ($$$) despite my begging/pleading with them to upsize the units(6.5 Tons for 4000 square feet). Come on, man! It takes 2.5 hours to get this house from 60 to 70 degrees this winter. During summer it takes the same amount of time to get it down to cool range as we use it as a second home and keep the thermostats lower or higher, depending on season. This summer I moved in here full-time and I am not going through this again. I am having my Certified Trane Dealer come in and install two 5 Ton 16 Seer Trane units at a $12,000 replacement cost. It's worth it in the long run, as Trane is a high-end, no-issue product. I don't have time for this nonsense. My time is worth money too. cut your losses and bite the bullet. Replace The Goodmans(Jan-I-Junk) and move on down the road! And that, ladies and gentlemen, is the No Spin Zone of AC today!

Date created: 2014-11-14 Name: unsatisfied customer

"Warranty"
They do not stand by their warranty. The system is only 3 months old and the furnace is messed up but they will not warranty it, so now it is 25 degrees outside and I have no heat. Will never buy any of their products ever again.

Date created: 2014-11-12 Name: S. Hutchison
Location: Phoenix, AZ

"Do not buy"
My unit is 3.5 years old. Had a blown end cap in the 1st year. It has a cracked drain pan and a blown compressor. Do I pay to fix the lemon or replace it? My neighbor has a unit 2.5 years old. It has had several service calls and also blew the compressor. I'm so fed up, I am spending thousands to replace and scrap the unit. If you only want workable cooling for a year, buy Goodman.

Date created: 2014-11-05 Name: G. Desautels
Location: Pompano Beach, FL

"Complaint concerning equipment"
I would like to advise people reading these reviews not to buy a Goodman AC. After only 6 months of usage, the compressor had to be replaced. In order to replace this part (by the way, still under warranty) we had to pay a fee of $75 to exchange it for a new one. It's still under warranty, we have been told, but the new compressor needs Freon. To finish it all, the labor is not warrantied. So it comes to a total of $475 that is supposed to be warrantied - $75 exchange for a new one, $123 of Freon, and the labor for an AC that was bought in April 2013. Wow... How come this company is still in business? Oh yeah, I told Atlantic AC in Pompano Beach that we would write a complaint.

Date created: 2014-09-28 Name: U.G
Location: Northridge, CA

"Compressor not working after 4 years"
I bought the 4-ton Goodman condenser unit, and after 4 years the compressor stop working. I knew that I had a 5-year warranty on the compressor, so I called them and they told me that the warranty is only for the parts. I asked 4 different companies how much they will charge only for the labor. The answer was between $1400-$1800. I can't believe that Goodman doesn't give a warranty for labor. Stay away from this awful company!

Date created: 2014-09-19 Name: Yoko
Location: Laughlin, NV

"Undependable AC units & company won't stand behind their products."
I own 3 Goodman AC units on my roof. They were installed by L & S AC in Las Vegas on January 14, 2013. My contractor picked the AC company. All of them needed repairs in a little over one year, which means I had to spend $3,300 in the last six months. One of the big problems was that L & S did not tell me about Good Care warranty, which would have covered the units and labor for ten years for $1,500. They also did not register two of them, and the third was a wrong unit. I have a Goodman AC that was repaired by L & S on March 16, 2014; they put in a new compressor and a reversing valve. Now, in six months, that unit already needs a new compressor, a reversing valve, and a condensing coil. I now have a dependable AC Company who is trying to help me get a new AC from Goodman, since the unit broke for the second time in the last six months. Since the unit broke three weeks ago, I have spoken to 4 customer service people at Goodman Co. in Houston, TX, to get a new AC unit, but none of these people has helped me so far. The best one was Caroline, who told me that a technical rep will call my AC company, but that has not happened since I spoke to her four days ago. I keep calling Goodman every day and also my AC company to see what progress has been made, but nothing, even after 3 weeks of no AC in the Mohave desert. It's 94'f in my house. I should not have to keep calling them, and spending my time, energy and money on this. It should be easier for an AC contractor to replace them with so many problems. I am ready to take those units out and replace them with a company that will stand behind their product and service.

Date created: 2014-09-11 Name: Edward Rusinek
Location: Zephyrhills, FL

"Lost Freon line"
In the last 3 years bought 3 MH(package units), all 3 ton. Two of them lost Freon in 10 months in service. The third one lasted only 36 days and lost Freon, all for the same reason: service (charging Freon) tubing broke off from low pressure line and, of course, Goodman won't do anything about it. It cost me $782 to re-solder all 3 of the same tubings (in same place) and recharge the lost Freon. Sent a letter with bills to consumer relation dept. as instructed and never heard from them. When the distributor asked them about it, they told him to reimburse me 50% of my expenses, so they did. But Goodman won't take any responsibility for their inferior/poorly design tubing connection,which is very simple to correct. Goodman's people are very rude in their answers to this persisting problems. Every local a/c service business strongly recommended staying away from Goodman products. Plagued with problems and no warranty. They don't consider Freon and soldering rods ($12 for one) as parts so they won't pay for it.

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>