Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN central air conditioners

Read more about GOODMAN central air conditioners

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2015-05-29 Name: rick adam
Location: Baton Rouge, LA

"Long lasting"
My family bought our first Goodman 3.5 ton unit when I was in high school. We didn't have central A/C before then, and Goodman was suggested as being a strong unit for a family on a budget. It lasted 20 years without a single service call or breakdown. The only maintenance it ever received was when dad would change the filters, and rinse the outside unit with the garden hose. When it finally failed, it was replaced by another Goodman, which is roughly 10 years old and still going strong today. Likewise, it has had zero service and has cost zero in maintenance or repairs in 30 years....and yes I'm 47 now. When I built my own home 15 years ago, I insisted on Goodman. I have never serviced my system until last year when it needed about a pound of Freon. Considering that my unit is nearing its final years, I don't consider this a problem. I live in Louisiana where the summers are 95 -100 degrees, with high humidity, so my A/C works hard. I keep my house 73 degrees during the day, and 70 at night. When I read all these bad reviews, I'm totally shocked. This is totally contrary to the experiences my family has had with Goodman.

Date created: 2015-05-15 Location: Cincinnati, Ohio

"The best AC available!"
We have a large, Victorian era house up on the hill. For most of our lives, we were without central air. It was too expensive, and we were getting by on using an attic fan. We had several window units upstairs and downstairs. Finally, when my wife got pregnant the second time, we decided to get central air. The model we chose to go with was a Goodman. Specifically we got the model number GSX160481. We've owned this air conditioner for 4 years now, and we both love it. It costs less to run than all the other window units, and it keeps the house much more cold. We have never had to call for repairs, and for that reason I'd recommend this to a friend. Some days when we forget to turn the AC down, I wake up and our house feels very frosty. While I hate it when that happens because of our electric bill, I love how easy it is to breathe in the cold air.

Date created: 2015-05-11 Name: Karen s
Location: South Carolina

"Horrible unit"
Moved into townhome and within a month the cumulator went out. I had that replaced. And not even 1 month later a repairman came because of no cold air. After reading reviews this company is horrible. I will be bad mouthing Goodman forever!

Date created: 2015-05-04 Name: Ted L
Location: Phoenix, AZ

"4 Catastrophic Failures in less than 6 years"
I purchased a Goodman packaged unit in 2009 from a reputable install firm. Within a few months, the reversing valve went bad. Less than a year later, the condenser motor went bad. By 2012, the first compressor failed. Now in 2015, the replacement compressor has failed. At this point, my 5-year warranty has expired and I'm being forced to pay for the unit's 3rd compressor in less than 6 years. I've also had to pay for labor on all but the first failure. In fact, I've paid nearly as much in repair labor as I have for the original unit. So would I buy again? Needless to say, no. I would rather be punched in the face by Mike Tyson than give this company another dollar of my money.

Date created: 2015-04-23 Name: Steven Lonergan
Location: Saint Petersburg

"Don't buy it"
I wouldn't take a Goodman Air Conditioner if they gave them out for free, much less buy one again! The unit keeps dying due to chameleons. Went to the installers to get a part, to find out they were no longer in business. I went to Goodman in person, and the rude clerk wouldn't sell the run capacitor. Wish I had something good to say about Goodman, but regrettably I don't!

Date created: 2015-04-12 Name: R. Caudill
Location: Madisonville, KY

"Tips from a pro"
I have been an hvac installer/service tech/HVAC instructor for 26 years. My installs are second to none, and I take great pride in my work. I must simply tell it like it is. Goodman is by far the most unreliable. Consumer Reports agrees. Sorry if this steps on any toes.

Date created: 2015-04-08 Name: Yasmin
Location: Florida

"Unsatisfactory"
My ac was replaced 7 years ago & the compressor has died. It was installed with a permit & when I was unable to reach the company I called Goodman & they refused to give any warranty because it had to be registered within 60 days of installation. My house had burned down so who knew I had to call? Maybe the contractor but it wasn't done so now I have to pay for another defective Goodman compressor that won't give me 10 years of use.

Date created: 2015-04-08 Name: E Barbao
Location: Pell City, AL

"Not worth the hassle"
We have a Goodman that was installed after we purchased a home. Brand new. After a year and a half it quit blowing cold air. We had the local hvac folks come out and the first words out of their mouths was, "Oh a Goodman". Every season since then, when the weather changed from summer to winter or winter to summer, we have had to call the techs. We have had to replace the mother board, which went bad in 8 months. I will say that they replaced it with another one as it had a 1 year warranty, but since then we have had to have at least 3 different parts replaced, and we have had to have the gas refilled twice. We are looking at buying a new townhouse and when I saw that the contractor is using a Goodman I told him that was a deal breaker. After having an inspection done on the brand new town house the inspector said the same thing. There were several other issues such as having linoleum in the bathroom and laundry room, no electrical plugs in the garage, the fuse box outside rather than in the house or at least in the garage. These are small things that would cost very little to do correctly, all of which points to shortcuts to make more profit. So if your contractor is using a Goodman as the primary heating/cooling look deeper because there are certainly going to be issues. I'll never buy another one.

Date created: 2015-04-03 Name: Amy Brennigan
Location: Phoenix, AZ

"Excellent"
My sister wrote a glowing review on Rheem as did others but this site won`t publish them. This is an excellent model. Quiet. Efficient.

Date created: 2015-03-22 Name: Steve DeVIney
Location: Texas

"Needs to be installed right"
As a contractor, I've installed and serviced most brands. Goodman has been very good to me and has stood the test of time. I have installed hundreds of Goodmans and have less warranty problems than major name brands. It's all about the install! If they're put in right you get years out of them. If you buy one off the internet and hire Jo Blo off of Craigslist to install it, expect some issues. I'll stand behind Goodman all day. It's my go-to unit for replacements.

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>