Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN central air conditioners

Read more about GOODMAN central air conditioners

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2016-06-02 Name: Christy Arnold
Location: Smithville, TN

We had a Goodman 5 ton unit installed in December 2010. The installers never got the heat to work to start with. In summer of 2012, the inside coil went out and had to be replaced. In summer of 2013, the outside coil went out so it had to be replaced. In summer of 2014, it had to be gassed up because of a leak. In summer of 2015, it had to be gassed up again because of a leak on the outside. Now, the compressor is out. This unit has been nothing but a piece of junk since we had it installed.

Date created: 2016-06-01 Name: Jean M Jordan
Location: Chicago

"Wish another brand had been purchased"
The first winter after purchasing the full HVAC system the heat would not come on. Had to call for service. At least it was still under warranty. They replaced the electrical board. Summer came and the AC wouldn't come on. Had to call again. Basically if I get heat in the winter I wont get AC in the summer. If I get AC in the summer I won't get heat in the winter. Since 2007 I have not gotten a full year of service from these units.

Date created: 2016-05-16 Location: Austin, Texas

"Incredible Central Air Conditioner"
I live in a 1000 square foot home and live in Texas where the weather can be very drastic and dramatic. The Goodman brand has never failed me and every home or apartment I live in that has a Goodman brand central air conditioner has never failed me. I have not ever had to replace or request one be replaced. The temperature is so easy to maintain with this unit and it quickly meets up with any changes in temperature I demand of it. As I said before I live in Texas where some days it can be over 100 degrees consecutively and my Goodman central air conditioner is incredible with even keeping up on those days. Other units that are not Goodman have frozen and needed to be defrosted or they have stopped working and some repairs took as long as two weeks. Never have I experienced a bad time with Goodman central air conditioners.

Date created: 2016-05-10 Location: Jackson, MS

"My Central Air Conditioner Has Been Somewhat Reliable For Over Twelve Years"
I have owned my central air conditioner since about 2005. In that amount of time I have only had one major service call to replace the compressor. It ended up being a small part that cost about one-hundred dollars in labor and about eighty-dollars for the part itself. What I like the most about my central air conditioner is that for the most part it is easily serviceable. Additionally you can upgrade your thermostat to a digital energy efficient one and it will not harm the system.

Date created: 2016-04-27 Name: Mike
Location: North Carolina

"Less than 6 years"
What a piece of junk, complete HVAC system, all brand new. Within 6 years this thing broke down. First the blower went out, now the compressor. 10-year warranty, hope your salesman informed you that you have to register the unit within 60 days of the install. If not pay out of pocket and buy yourself a new system with a company that will back their product. Goodman is a company that rips people off and doesn't back their product.

Date created: 2016-04-26 Name: kay trissel
Location: Largo, FL

"Not happy with Goodman"
I bought my villa 4 years ago, the AC is 10 years old. Every summer, in Florida, I've had to have Freon added. Late last summer it stopped working again! I don't know if the previous owner had problems, but I'm thinking the AC was only 6 years old when I moved it and it's been consistent every summer to recharge it and the last charge only lasted about 3 weeks. Looking now for a new AC and won't consider Goodman!

Date created: 2016-04-08 Location: Denton, Tx

"Keeps Us Cool In Texas"
We have owned our Goodman air conditioner for less than a year, and at this point it is still very effective. We do not live in an extremely large house (3 bedrooms) and it keeps our house cool and also very quickly cools the house once it is turned on. I am not too happy with how my electric bill has jumped the warmer it gets (thus using the AC more) but other than that we are very happy. We haven't had to repair it, and although it hasn't quite been a year yet. I would recommend this A/C unit to a friend.(at least one with a similar sized home to mine).

Date created: 2016-04-01 Name: Rose m. Reagan
Location: Rockledge, FL

"Unresponsive company"
I bought this unit on Wednesday. Told the installers it was too loud. It sounds like a piece of road equipment and shakes the wall. The installers were Spanish speaking and could not understand my concerns. The unit was installed by 9:20 pm. I called the number that scheduled my appointment. On Thursday morning he said he would send someone over and call first. No one called or came. Called the same number again and got some female voice. Left a message for a return call. No return call so at about 5:30 we called the main office number and got someone that said "you have called the right place now". They will send someone over and call before on Friday morning. Its almost noon, the AC is roaring like a lion, cannot even hear the TV, and no one has called or come over yet. I guess I'll have to call channel 6 or even sue to get it removed or fixed. It is ridiculous!

Date created: 2016-03-29 Name: Al Clark
Location: Tampa Bay, FL

"Good Goodman"
The Goodman unit I purchased was the best A/C I have owned. I purchased a 15 SEER unit at the time my state minimum requirement was 12 SEER. It had a lifetime guaranteed Copeland scroll pump that was very quiet and the increased SEER shaved 30% off my electric bill. The unit is 17 years old and now needs replacement but I have been very pleased with this Goodman and will undoubtedly purchase another.

Date created: 2016-02-17 Name: Richard W Acord Sr
Location: Peoria, AZ

Bought a new Goodman in 2009. The 3rd year it broke, replacement parts not under warranty. 2014, 5 years later, we are told by 2 different service companies that the unit is leaking and is not repairable. Called Goodman, they said sorry, out of warranty. 5 years, what a joke, and Goodman service department is a joke as well. Take my word and others on here do not buy a Goodman! You've been warned!

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>