Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN central air conditioners

Read more about GOODMAN central air conditioners

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2016-08-16 Name: Jose Herrera
Location: Houston, TX

"Goodman coil model #CHPF486006"
Stay away from Goodman AC products. I recently had to replace a horizontal coil unit that lasted 6 years from the previous replacement. It was 1 year over the 5 year warranty. The model is CHPF486006. I went through this 6 years ago, spending $1400 in parts and labor and now another $1400 to replace it again. The unit apparently had been leaking R22 refrigerant for some time. I spent over $400 just a month ago addressing the leak as well. I'm reading crucial info from many with the same issue a little to late. I wasn't aware of the Class suit against them for their faulty products and service to consumers and the environment.

Date created: 2016-08-15 Name: james adams
Location: West Palm Beach, FL

"2nd unit, same issues"
We had one unit installed 2013 and after 36 repair bills Goodman replaced the unit for the 2nd time. Now, 3 months later, it's down again. I would never buy from Goodman again. Beware.

Date created: 2016-08-08 Name: C. Bennett
Location: Myrtle Beach, SC

"Good for what they are - Cheap"
Let's face it. You generally do get what you pay for. Unit for unit, Goodmans sell for much less than their competitors. That's why they are favored by new home contractors. Unfortunately, they are just not going to have the longevity of some of the competition. Local HVAC techs tell me to expect them to last 5-10 years in our environment vs 10-15 years for higher end models. Mine have lasted me for 10 years, and I'm having to replace both of them. Not unhappy with what I had. They performed well and lasted longer than average but I am moving to a higher end manufacturer.

Date created: 2016-08-08 Name: G Hinks

"Gmc"
Piece of junk! Purchased new last year and replaced the compressor twice already. Stay away!

Date created: 2016-08-01 Name: Jon
Location: Trenton, OH

"Bad, bad, bad"
Bought a Goodman AC and heater in 2008. Replaced inside coil in 2010. Was first told no warranty. That didn't happen. Had the coil replaced. Now 8 years later I'm having a Lennox installed. This is poor workmanship at its best. Will never recommend this product. I'm not disgruntled. I usually don't write reviews and if I do I do only positive, but I don't want to see others waste their money like me.

Date created: 2016-08-01 Name: lois keating
Location: Chandler, AZ

16 months old, the motor burned out. 110 degree day, I have to wait for a new part. What a piece of junk. Did not save 10 cents on the utility bill; in fact, it was higher with the A/C.

Date created: 2016-07-28 Name: Donita harris
Location: Tuscaloosa, AL

"922 pm"
Moved into house in 2008, a brand new home. It's now 2016. First service call this year, it worked for less than a week then it went completely out. I know things don't last forever but...Warranty out in 5 years. Thought it would have lasted longer.

Date created: 2016-07-24 Name: T. Hazelwood
Location: Milwaukee, WI

"Goodman not worth money"
I recently switched from Carrier, which worked very well, to Goodman for both my heat and air. Blows really weak and doesn't heat (winter) or cool (summer) very efficiently. Seems to put out ambient temperatures in home. Still have to use space heaters in winter and fans in summer. Not a good product.

Date created: 2016-07-18 Name: Adam Langner
Location: Waterloo, LA

"Do not buy"
Had a heating and cooling system installed 11 years ago and it was the worst experience ever. It was installed in September so I didn't use the AC the first year, The heat barely kept us warm through the winter, in the summer we had to call the installer back out to check the unit. Short on Freon. He charged the system, but it still wouldn't cool the house. I was told I should only expect it to lower the temperature 10 degrees below the outside temperature. (So if it is 110, I should be happy if it's 100 inside). Never really had a "cool " summer with the air conditioner. Ended up getting a 30 year old window unit that kept up better than my new AC. Following summer, the condenser went out. Covered under warranty, but labor and Freon isn't. So I was looking at $700-$1000 to fix my 3 year old AC. Still having issues keeping the house warm in the winter because the fan isn't big enough to force the air through the house. Had to add a booster heater into the duct work to keep the house halfway warm. Installed a wood burning stove to help and that $80 is worth more than the $5000 for the new HVAC system. Very efficient because I never get to use it. I have called to complain several times, just get the run around. Can't wait to replace it with a real furnace and AC unit, but until then we're stuck with this crap. Better off getting a window AC unit and space heaters. Can't get the website to load anymore so there's no way to email or call the company.

Date created: 2016-07-13 Name: Beverly Brown
Location: Peoria, AZ

"Still working after 19 years"
A Goodman A/C was installed when my house was built in 1998. I bought the house in 2004 as the second owner, and have had regular service on it ever since - including today (July 13, 2016). My unit is still working fine.

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>