Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN central air conditioners

Read more about GOODMAN central air conditioners

<< Previous910111213141516171819202122232425262728Next >>

Date created: 2012-09-17 Name: David
Location: Chattanooga, TN

"Money Pit"
I just bought a house built in 2005. It had a Goodman ac unit. Worked fine during my home inspection, move in day it went out. Had a tech come out, $300 later its working. Well that was last month. Saturday I woke up to a hot house. Went outside and the unit was not working. Called a hvac company out and I have a list of things wrong with my goodman ac unit. Compressor, coil, filter, fan the list goes on. I'm a young man supporting a family on single income minimum wage. I'll say this. When I get my income tax check, I'm buying a new unit, and it won't be a Goodman.

Date created: 2012-09-17 Name: R Owens
Location: Riceville, TN

"Goodman: Anything but good"
We have had our heat and air unit for 4 years and in that time have had to have it worked on three times for a cost close to $2000.00. It is a piece of junk both in my opinion and a local heat and air guy. I will never again have any items made by Goodman.

Date created: 2012-09-11 Name: Mark
Location: Austin,Texas

"Contractor for the past 15 years"
The best thing you can do for your a/c is get a good contractor that always replaces bad parts with American parts! The run capacitor is very important it only cost about$35.00. For an American made one get your a/c to install one. When you loose a compressor flush out your system good or the new compressor will have a hard short life.

Date created: 2012-09-11 Name: Hillari Schoeller
Location: Gilbert, AZ

"Any lawyers out there?"
We have 3 Goodman Units that were installed in 2008. Everyone of them has stopped working at one time or another. We replaced the condensor on one the week we moved in. The capacitors were replaced on all 3 units. Last week, the line cracked and the freon leaked out. $700 repair. Now, another one has stopped working. It looks like it may be the same problem. I'm up for a class action lawsuit if there are any lawyers out there! I hate these units, the only guarantee they have is that they will break every year. We have spent thousands of dollars and still have units that continue to break.

Date created: 2012-09-10 Name: Pam Wilkerson
Location: Lebanon, tn

"Not happy"
I have a Goodman ac unit and I am very upset, my unit is only 4 1/2 year old and I have had it worked on will over 9 times and it still not working. I have talked to goodman and they say that there is nothing they can do about it and only wanted to give me a number of a contractor to fix it. I am a single mother and working part time so most of my pay has gone to fixing my ac.

Date created: 2012-09-10 Name: Ismael
Location: Florida

"Unsatisfied"
I installed in my house an ac by Goodman. Before a year came up problems started happening. In the last 3 months I have called a technician 3 times and the problem has not been solved of the air conditioner not cooling. The first problem was the filter, the second problem was low freon,the third problem is the condenser and I have no idea what is gonna happen next. I do not recommend to buy this system. you will waste your money!!! You will be very unsatisfied!

Date created: 2012-09-06 Name: R. Miller
Location: Texas

"Dealer Response"
I read through a lot of these reviews. I read one that is very true. About 90% of what you get from a unit is installation and the contractor. This is especially true if your existing unit had a compressor failure. The entire system must be properly cleaned, the lines flushed out and a good vacuum pulled on the system. The home owner should hire a reputable contractor no matter what brand unit is installed.

Date created: 2012-09-06 Name: cecil
Location: paducah, ky

"Very poor choice"
Very poor choice for dependability, unit needs a tech and lots of freon to go with sale. Dealers or goodman not interested in doing whats right.

Date created: 2012-09-01 Name: J. O'Connor
Location: Tampa, FL

"Don't Buy Goodman A/C"
I downsized and purchased my current home in March 2010. One of the selling features was supposed to be a reliable "new" 5 ton a/c from Goodwin that was installed by the previous owner in December 2008 which made it 15 months old. Considering that I had lived in Florida for eleven (11) years and had three 5 ton Trane A/C's keeping my previous huge home cool without any problems, I was looking forward to the same results from this "new" a/C. Not so at all. I have had nothing but problem after problem and constant repairs. Not only with the outside condenser unit but also with the air handler. I have had more than one dozen service calls, not including my semi-annual maintenance agreement, to repair or replace multiple parts. In the last 3 weeks, I have had 4 service calls all for different problems. Now the entire condenser is blown. Every serviceman tells me that Goodwin is the cheapest and least reliable a/c on the market; especially those built in 2008 and 2009. Even though major parts are still under warranty, it has cost me over $2,000 dollars on service calls in the past 25 months. I would never recommend or buy a goodman product. There is a reason trane or rheem have a good reputation. They are reliable.

Date created: 2012-08-31 Name: Acela
Location: Florida

"Not the installer"
The installer cannot be blamed since this is a packaged unit that comes assembled from the factory ready to plug in. The unit was installed by an experienced professional and after six repairs in five years it needs to be replaced with new one.

<< Previous910111213141516171819202122232425262728Next >>