Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN central air conditioners

Read more about GOODMAN central air conditioners

<< Previous910111213141516171819202122232425262728Next >>

Date created: 2012-09-06 Name: R. Miller
Location: Texas

"Dealer Response"
I read through a lot of these reviews. I read one that is very true. About 90% of what you get from a unit is installation and the contractor. This is especially true if your existing unit had a compressor failure. The entire system must be properly cleaned, the lines flushed out and a good vacuum pulled on the system. The home owner should hire a reputable contractor no matter what brand unit is installed.

Date created: 2012-09-06 Name: cecil
Location: paducah, ky

"Very poor choice"
Very poor choice for dependability, unit needs a tech and lots of freon to go with sale. Dealers or goodman not interested in doing whats right.

Date created: 2012-09-01 Name: J. O'Connor
Location: Tampa, FL

"Don't Buy Goodman A/C"
I downsized and purchased my current home in March 2010. One of the selling features was supposed to be a reliable "new" 5 ton a/c from Goodwin that was installed by the previous owner in December 2008 which made it 15 months old. Considering that I had lived in Florida for eleven (11) years and had three 5 ton Trane A/C's keeping my previous huge home cool without any problems, I was looking forward to the same results from this "new" a/C. Not so at all. I have had nothing but problem after problem and constant repairs. Not only with the outside condenser unit but also with the air handler. I have had more than one dozen service calls, not including my semi-annual maintenance agreement, to repair or replace multiple parts. In the last 3 weeks, I have had 4 service calls all for different problems. Now the entire condenser is blown. Every serviceman tells me that Goodwin is the cheapest and least reliable a/c on the market; especially those built in 2008 and 2009. Even though major parts are still under warranty, it has cost me over $2,000 dollars on service calls in the past 25 months. I would never recommend or buy a goodman product. There is a reason trane or rheem have a good reputation. They are reliable.

Date created: 2012-08-31 Name: Acela
Location: Florida

"Not the installer"
The installer cannot be blamed since this is a packaged unit that comes assembled from the factory ready to plug in. The unit was installed by an experienced professional and after six repairs in five years it needs to be replaced with new one.

Date created: 2012-08-30 Name: ben boutin
Location: richmond bc

"Installer news"
I am a 10 year journeyman hvac installer/service technician and have for the first time in my life, felt compelled to formally complain about any hvac equipment company. I have installed 20 or so Goodman units (commercial/residential) in the last few years and would strongly recommend to anyone, choose a different brand! I've worked with every brand of hvac equipment and by far, have had the highest ratio of units requiring service calls on "new" units from Goodman. They are junk. The quality control from the manufacturer is horrible. If I had to explain the repairs I've had to do on new equipment, this review would take you hours to read. Don't let their fancy warranty impress you, or their cheaper price tag. Buy anything else and get a professional installer. Trust somebody in this trade and save writing your own review

Date created: 2012-08-30 Name: Justin
Location: Baltimore, MD

"Pump went bad on a 2 year old unit!"
My Goodman is being bad too! I'm paying $500 for service today to have the pump replaced!

Date created: 2012-08-30 Name: LEONARD . LANE
Location: co

"A/c furnace"
Piece of junk broke down more than going parts warranty great labor costs terrible.

Date created: 2012-08-29 Name: Melisa K
Location: charlotte, nc

"What junk...DON"T BUY"
I have lived in my brand new condo for 3.5 years. The a/c unit is now probably 4 years old. I've had to call out an hvac repair man 4 times now! Twice to replace leaking freon for $300 a pop. I know am replacing the coil for $1400. Apparently my building condo contractor didn't register my unit, which is ironic my neighbor in the condo had his coil go last month and his unit was registered. Everyone in my condo is having problems with their a/c units. What a bunch of crap.

Date created: 2012-08-28 Name: R. Morris
Location: Tucson, AZ

"Excellent A/C & Furnace"
I live in Tucson, Arizona and you know what kind of heat we have here. I had two Goodman units (3 Ton and 2 1/2 Ton) installed in our house 4 years ago and they both have performed flawlessly. When I read about people having to pay for service calls and parts I question from whom they purchased their units. When I purchase my units Goodman offered a 10 year warranty on parts and labor. I assume that they still offer this warranty. The gentlemen that installed my units highly recommended them because of this warranty and his experience with Goodman.

Date created: 2012-08-25 Name: CRAIG
Location: LITTLE ROCK AR

"BAD BAD GOODMAN"
Unit is two months old, have had the techs out three times for cooling issues and now the compressor is out. techs called local company in little rock that sold the unit company did not have compreeosr in stock,(wednesday) suppossedly overnited the compressor from jonesboro (a 2 hour drive). (Thursday afternoon)jonesboro,dropped the ball, didnt overnite compreeor, says it will be here friday. friday 6pm no call no compressor, no nothing!!!! (Third night no ac) saturday morning finally hear form local company now its going to be monday afternoon for the part...really. could no one not drive up after the part or could the wharehouse that @#!!## the football not have sent someone down with it??? 2Hours drive, now to be six nights with no ac form a company such as goodman....stay for away my friends far far away. i'll be looking for a full refund on this unit will let you know how that goes. oh, not once did anyone techs or company that sold the unit offer a window unit to hold us over, not even a box fan...wow poor poor poor did I say poor ok poor service!!!

<< Previous910111213141516171819202122232425262728Next >>