Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN central air conditioners

Read more about GOODMAN central air conditioners

<< Previous7891011121314151617181920212223242526Next >>

Date created: 2013-03-02 Name: DENISE WILSON
Location: KINGSTREE SOUTH CAROLINA

"No good"
This is no good plus their is a shipping cost to the cu this. This is one unit I will never buy again. Not good man is what it need to be call.

Date created: 2013-02-22 Name: T. Taylor
Location: San Antonio TX

"AMANA FAIL"
Three and a half years ago had complete system install, indoor and outside. Within a year the reversing valve failed. (Screeching noise described in earlier post). Company that installed unit welded in new reversing valve and I'm sick because the new unit had to be stripped down to do it. New unit totally dismantled. Three years later weld fails, unit leaks refrigerant, call company and insist on unit replacement. Amana says yes, but they want to charge labor and not provide parts and labor guarantee. So do I sink more $$$ for labor, or have weld repaired for no cost. Installer and Amana are putting the squeeze on so I choose the later. But neither solution is very appealing. Bought new unit to serve me through my retirement years. Nothing but frustration since buying the unit.

Date created: 2013-02-06 Name: billy scoville
Location: lucedale,ms.

"Piece of Junk"
Eighty two year old mother bought Goodman ac heat pump for nearly 4000.00 dollars after installation. Two years old have had nothing but trouble with this junk unit. She is on fixed income and the Goodman crooks would not back their own product up. Is anyone considering a class action lawsuit? I sure would like to know as many complaints as I have seen, these people are thieves. Do not buy a Goodman product. They should change their name to badman.

Date created: 2013-02-01 Name: Denver
Location: Arlington, Texas

"Buy At Your Own Risk"
I own Denco Air Conditioning & Heating in Arlington Texas, I have been in air conditioning sine 1985 (27 years). Goodman was formerly known as Janitrol. The company had such a horrible name for building cheap junk that a few years ago when the Goodman family business was bought out by a group of Chinese the chinese changed the name to Goodman. Now they are made even cheaper. I can install a Rheem unit for darn near the same price. Or you can buy one of these and in a few years, you can buy another one and then another one and then....well you get the picture. Bottom line is you can dress a pig up and call it a swine, but we all know you have a pig. Save your money and invest it in a brand that is dependable and purchase it through a reputable company.

Date created: 2013-01-26 Name: B Donovan
Location: Austin, TX

"13 years and never a problem"
I bought a new house in 1999 with a Goodman a/c and Furnace. Not one issue in 13 years. I did service on it twice in 13 years (just thought I should). The tech looked at me both times and said "Nothing for me todo". No freon charges, no electrical issues, no blower issues... nothing. If you like drama and excitement in your life..don't buy this unit. It is boring...It just work

Date created: 2013-01-21 Name: Fred Phelps
Location: Boone

"Beware of Goodman and the shills writing positive reviews."
Here's reality, Goodman is typically sold online by companies who spam millions of ads on CraigsList and other boards. I can not find a single company in Iowa that recommends them, and only one will agree to install one, with the understanding that the company is 100% liable for all warranty issues. Seriously, who in there right mind would buy anything from a spammer, they already proved they have no ethics or integrity.

Date created: 2013-01-17 Name: Audrey
Location: Morgantown, PA

"UGH, 5 yrs old and already expensive repairs"
We had a new $6,500 unit installed 5 years ago. Last year we had to have a new compressor $2,400 installed....we were told that the wires were fried and it was due to a power surge after a storm knocked out the electrical. Not even a year later we had to have a "fix" for it b/c it completely stoped working in August. Since, our bills have been through the roof and in winter months our house if freezing, heater is running non-stop but house if not warming up. We went with a different installer and we were just informed that the Goodman Compressor was installed with an American Standard unit (it's like putting a Ford Motor into a Chevy car with other Chevy parts). He said it will be thousands again to get it fixed and told us to question why they ever installed a Goodman b/c they are nothing but problems. ugh!!!

Date created: 2012-12-13 Name: Steve

"Contractor comment"
I'm an a/c contractor that has been installing Goodman equipment for 10 years. This is good quality equipment and I would say that all units break down but by some of the reviews that I'm reading here it sounds like the customers are being lied to about the real problems. Find a quality company that stands behind there work.

Date created: 2012-11-14 Name: patrick
Location: California

"Issues"
The furnace itself may work fine and turn out to be okay, but there are some serious issues with installation due to the design. The unit has an external condensate trap that hangs down 5" below the unit. This creates some issues with horizontal installations. You can't lay the unit down, it has to be suspended in some manner. Additionally you have to install a drain pan, but the trap gets in the way of doing so. It can all be worked- out but it wasn't very easy. Quality of the parts seems kind of flimsy but time will tell if they are critical components. The supply air flanges are poorly perforated for bending and one side broke off without much resistance. If I had known all this, I wouldn't have bought it.

Date created: 2012-10-09 Name: J Moser
Location: Florida

"Do not buy a Goodman"
Have a 15 seer that is less than three years old, repair man has been here four times, three times in the last two weeks, this time it will be almost a thousand dollars to repair. Last winter the heat went out and two weeks ago the blower and capacitor, now the reversing valve. This system is awful. Corporate doesn't seem to care either!! Stay away from Goodman!!!! We live in Florida and must have air.

<< Previous7891011121314151617181920212223242526Next >>