Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN central air conditioners

Read more about GOODMAN central air conditioners

<< Previous678910111213141516171819202122232425Next >>

Date created: 2013-05-14 Name: D.Shattuck
Location: Round ROck, Tx

"Follow up"
I wrote a review on April 29 2013 after having my 2-year-old Goodman A/C repaired for the fourth time. Well guess what, May 10 it goes out again! Cost me another $250.00, so if you don't have anything better to do with your money by all means, buy a Goodman. You will definitely pay for it in spades! Should have bought a Trane!

Date created: 2013-04-29 Name: D.Shattuck
Location: Round Rock, Tx

"Don't But this Unit"
This is a fine unit when it works but have had it less than 3 years and has gone out 3 times! Which gets a little expensive. Just spent $500 today to have it repaired again. Do yourself a favor and pay the extra buck and get an AC that works. Because you pay less now but in the long run if you keep paying for repairs it adds up quick!

Date created: 2013-04-18 Name: CMatthews
Location: Houston, TX

"Don't work worth s_it!!!"
This unit was installed in my home which was built last 2009, and I m already having problems with it. I m trying to get some help but itís too much costly and I canít afford it. So far I'm being told that the problem is in the coil, but the darn labor is what kills me most. What do I need to do to get out of business?

Date created: 2013-04-17 Name: martha shapiro
Location: lake worth florida

"Compressor noise & humming"
I have the same problem that Tony Diegidio Delray Beach has. I bought a top floor unit 5 months ago, this is a nightmare I cannot have a normal life and worse I cannot sleep .I have 3 Goodman rooftop ac units on top of my bedroom belongs to my neighbors, they kick on/off very loud and then produce a permanent very nasty low frequency humming while in use. Their technician said itís normal and the association said itís normal and "I have to get use to it". Wrong, I found out it is also the association legal responsibility to eliminate the noise since they are located in the common elements but I started first with the Palm Beach County Code Enforcement building dept. They came and measured the noise and find out an excessive noise, the ac unit owners were given 2 violations notices one for the noise and the other one is because they do not have a county permit for installation & inspection. They have until this June to fix the problem.

Date created: 2013-04-13 Name: John Stewart
Location: Mulberry, Fl.

"Bad AC"
A/C unit leaks. Installer had no idea on how to install. The thermostat put in hallway nowhere near to return. I wish I knew the name of the installer.

Date created: 2013-04-12 Name: bob. c

"Goodman stinks. had two both had problems."
I had two Goodman units; they are about 5 years old. The stupid contractor as most a/c guys are, they did not tell me about filling the extended warranty, so I replaced the heating and air unit. After 5 years, I put the other Goodman on my rental properties. That was fixed twice in only 7 years. It is amazing. You cannot have a unit more the 10 years and having one should be considered lucky. There is a problem out there with the consumer accepting these cheap Chinese made products...

Date created: 2013-04-09 Name: John kulesa
Location: Palm Bay fla

"A.c. And heat pump"
Motor condition replaced after a six month new purchase. I think all your promotion bull is just that plus the charges to replace the motor the next repair need I will have unit thrown into the garbage where it belongs and buy from a honest and rut able brand name. I read some of the reviews and you should be out of business selling junk like u make. Shame shame shame. I hope other people read this and take heed and warning. I wonder this country is on its way to hell you people will answer to a higher authority on judgment day rest assure have a greedy day. Would I buy another Goodman product. Hell no...............

Date created: 2013-04-03 Name: E. Pena
Location: Houston, TX

"Problems after 2 years"
The builder installed Goodman for a/c and gas furnace in 2002 and I started having problems two years later. First the compressor went out in 2004, then leaky coils in 2005, 2006, and 2007. Although parts were under warranty labor was not. The last coil also needed to be replaced but I couldn't afford both parts and labor. Considering the amount I had paid over the years for just the labor work I could have replaced the entire system. Also I had to replace 3 capacitors over the years as well. I recently replaced the a/c with Tempstar at the recommendation from a friend who works in the industry. Keeping my fingers crossed on this one.

Date created: 2013-03-20 Name: George Hogrefe
Location: Lanoka Harbor NJ

"Goodman"
Had a Goodman heating and A/C unit installed in my new house in 1997. Over that time the fan motor on the ac unit was replaced in 2008 for $300.00 The AC died after being under 2 ft of water from Sandy. The heater is still running without problems. I am putting in another Goodman AC and hope it gives me the same service. Were they made better years ago??

Date created: 2013-03-15 Name: R.K.
Location: Fort Collins, CO

"Do it Right!!!!"
I wish you people were in the HVAC trade. I think most of you need to get a quality installer. Half these posts I read are about how the builder didn't register it, they were bought online, they had to strip the unit down to fix it. If all those things are true, you need to stop blaming the brand and go after the people that didn't do their job. You pay the cheap price for installation and online pricing that's what you get. Do some research people. Register the product within 60 days of installation to get the 10 year warranty. It's that easy.

<< Previous678910111213141516171819202122232425Next >>