Consumer Reviews of Goodman central air conditioners

Read more about Goodman central air conditioners

<< Previous56789101112131415161718192021222324Next >>

Date created: 2013-10-04 Name: Suzanne Chapman
Location: Bradenton, FL

"Goodman Air Conditioner -- Awful!!"
We bought this unit from an AC repair company in 2004 and have had nothing but problems. It breaks down at least once a year for some major repair. It wasn't very good when we first had it. Started freezing up immediately and then a part broke. It is loud, noisy and unreliable. Save yourself money and grief and buy a decent AC unit. For the amount of the repair bills, we could have bought a Trane to begin with.

Date created: 2013-08-31 Name: Nathan L. Martin, Sr.
Location: Chattanooga, Tn.

"Serial #0711166116"
Live in town home community. Units installed in number of family dwellings in 2007 - 2008 - 2009 - and now the A/C coil in the attic units are leaking and have to be replaced. This problem is widespread in our community since four families have so far had to have coil replaced. It has been determined from a reliable source that the coils are defective due to inferior copper used in manufacturing. The coils are being replaced with aluminum units.
Date created: 2013-08-24 Name: Caleb W
Location: Durham, NC

"Buy a Trane"
Our 10 year old unit had an evaporator coil leak and other prolems, and we bought a Goodman to replace it. Only three years later, it had an evaporator coil leak, on a brand new unit. Now four years in, the motor completely went out. If it were not for the warranty, we would be $2000 out of pocket for a brand new unit. Our warranty expires next year and I'm not looking forward to it.
Date created: 2013-08-09 Name: SD
Location: NC

"Ultra Reliable"
My home is 20 years old. The original Amana compressor and coil failed after about 5 years. The repairman replaced it with a Goodman unit. Zero problems for nearly 15 years now and a fraction of the cost. Good, simple, solid, reliable.
Date created: 2013-08-07 Name: Bryan
Location: Fredericksburg, va

"People Do Not Understand"
Well I'm going to write a quick response not that the unsatisfied people will listen to but here it is. If you negative people read the good posts, you will see that just like the other technicians have said "installation is the most important part" this is 100% true. I've installed many Goodman/Amana units and have never had a call back. It's just like taking your car to a shade tree mechanic and he does half way work. This is what happens when you wanna save a dollar and hire someone to do it at the cheapest price. So when you need to replace your HVAC system, don't cut corners by saving a dollar. Your system is one of the most crucial parts of your home next to the structure. Make sure you have a heat load performed to ensure proper size. Ask your installer how low he pulled a vacuum to. I make sure I can at least get to 500 microns, this will tell you there are no leaks and you have all moisture out because moisture will kill a compressor in a heartbeat. Make sure the size of your ductwork and suggest modifications if needed because airflow is also very important. It's like, you're running 5 miles with only one nostril open. So people, do a little research and do not bad mouth a system manufacturer until you check into your installer because most companies only care about your signed check. Trust me, I've been there and seen how companies will treat the gullible homeowner. I've replaced more Trane units than I have Goodmans and usually when I replace a Goodman, it's because it's 20+ years old.
Date created: 2013-08-04 Name: Eugene
Location: Cheaspeake, VA

"I Must Tell Besides Name Brand"
I must tell besides name brand: Goodman, Carrier, Trane, Tempstar, Nordyne, Lennox, Ruud, Rheem, Maytag, Thermal King, and much more brands that I can list, but there is one thing all this unit do and that is to condition the area. Now, most and some people especially the know-it-alls!!! These people go online, believe the hype online about warranties. Look, call the manufacturer to verify that warranty. You know some people think they're so smart it makes them not look so smart. Most manufacturers on their own website will throw you the warranty up there and even sell you the systems online, but please read the warranties and agreements thoroughly. To be honest, I live in Virginia and there is a large number of jacklegs in this trade. My recommendation is, a lot of companies don't understand theory along with heat/load calculation/cfm and properly sizing ductwork for a given installation. A person with this in mind is worth the money. Now, when looking for the right company look up reviews on that company and how long they been in the business. This will weed out the newbies just trying to make fast cash!!! PROPER INSTALLATION = PROPER OPERATION
Date created: 2013-08-03 Name: E. Chieppo
Location: Loveland, CO

"Goodman equipment"
I am an hvac contractor that has been working in the hvac industry for over 20 years. I have installed and worked on many different brands of equipment. There are definitely some lemons out there, but Goodman is not one of them. If you look at the internal parts and design, Goodman is one of the best in these categories. Many of the top higher end brands have similar design as Goodman. Goodman has had their design for a very long time and one of the best warranties in the industry. Goodman has made it very hard for the other top name brands to compete with their prices. One of the most important aspects of the functionality and longevity of the equipment is the installer. Most of the bad reviews stem from a bad, sloppy, and or corner cutting install. I have seen and/or worked on most brands in my 20+ years and I have chosen Goodman for my equipment.
Date created: 2013-08-01 Name: Rick

"No Go"
Just had unit installed 2 weeks ago and compressor already needs to be replaced. 2 weeks, are you kidding me?!
Date created: 2013-07-25 Name: Allen Kinchen
Location: Conroe Tx.

"Goodman Builts Trash Electronics"
Goodman 18.3 seer 2 stage compressor failed after only 2 years old. Extremely disappointing. It has nothing to do with the scroll compressor or the fin coils, it has to do with their trash electronics simply failing to work. The card code 4 green flashes along with 4 yellow flashes only shows the system does not have proper configuration and will not operate. The technician said, the card is bad after only two years. There is no warranty on this card and it is very expensive. It failed in the worse time of the year in Texas.
Date created: 2013-07-17 Name: B. Lane

"Goodman Air Conditioning Unit"
Bought a 4 ton unit 5 years ago, bad mistake! Stay away from this brand. Parts are not available, have to be shipped from Texas and overnight fees began at $100 and $500. Our unit has turned out to be very costly, looks like we will have to replace but certainly not ever again with Goodman.
<< Previous56789101112131415161718192021222324Next >>