Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN central air conditioners

Read more about GOODMAN central air conditioners

<< Previous56789101112131415161718192021222324Next >>

Date created: 2013-05-29 Name: Joe
Location: Texas

"Goodman - never again"
Installed May 17, 2012, Failed May 26, 2013. Lasted 1 year and 9 days. Parts not on hand, have to be ordered. Installed 2 blower motors, still not working, ordered circuit board, have to wait another day. Schedule to be repaired May 30, 2013 in the afternoon. What will the diagnoses be next when this doesn't fix the problem?

Date created: 2013-05-27 Name: M. Tabb
Location: Largo Md.

"Compressor Condenser"
Had unit installed on 03/10/10 by a well-known contractor. By 06/10/10 lost 6lbs. of R22. They used the wrong solder. Called same contractor who said R22 was not covered under warranty. Refused to pay and was not charged. Year later, lost R22 again. Called different contractor who showed me the leak. He used the right solder and the unit has had no problems.

Date created: 2013-05-25 Name: Susan
Location: Florida

"I Read Some of the Reviews and Quite Surprised"
I read some of the reviews and quite surprised. I have had a Goodman for 12 years and only serviced a couple of times. I have a 2300 square foot under air and my utility bill has been amazing. The Goodman I have seems to be fine for not servicing on a yearly basis and the savings is great. I am having some issues now but it is 12 years old and I run my unit year round. I live in Florida and I plan to buy another Goodman. I hope it will be fine too.

Date created: 2013-05-24 Name: V.R. Annoyed
Location: El Paso, Texas

"Junk....I repeat JUNK."
Brand new home, built in 2011 with a Goodman AC unit and it has been nothing short of a nightmare. Since moving in the unit has gone out 4 times now, and just went out again today. These AC units are simply junk, and I would strongly suggest requesting your homebuilder to install a different system. I live in El Paso, Texas. It's hot and this Goodman AC unit is certainly not the system I would recommend for any location. Simply put: unreliable, expensive to repair and a waste of money.

Date created: 2013-05-15 Name: Mark K.
Location: Dublin, CA

"Love this Unit"
I had a Sears A/C system that had been installed by my brother and a few of his friends to save money 27 years ago. It never worked correctly. It would run continuously and not keep up with the heat rising. I purchased a Goodman furnace and A/C unit as my furnace was also 27 years old. I will say I am quite happy. The unit quickly cools down and my utility bills are not out of sight. When the professional installer saw the way the old unit was installed, he just shook his head. I am sold that the results are in the professional install.

Date created: 2013-05-14 Name: D.Shattuck
Location: Round ROck, Tx

"Follow up"
I wrote a review on April 29 2013 after having my 2-year-old Goodman A/C repaired for the fourth time. Well guess what, May 10 it goes out again! Cost me another $250.00, so if you don't have anything better to do with your money by all means, buy a Goodman. You will definitely pay for it in spades! Should have bought a Trane!

Date created: 2013-04-29 Name: D.Shattuck
Location: Round Rock, Tx

"Don't But this Unit"
This is a fine unit when it works but have had it less than 3 years and has gone out 3 times! Which gets a little expensive. Just spent $500 today to have it repaired again. Do yourself a favor and pay the extra buck and get an AC that works. Because you pay less now but in the long run if you keep paying for repairs it adds up quick!

Date created: 2013-04-18 Name: CMatthews
Location: Houston, TX

"Don't work worth s_it!!!"
This unit was installed in my home which was built last 2009, and I m already having problems with it. I m trying to get some help but itís too much costly and I canít afford it. So far I'm being told that the problem is in the coil, but the darn labor is what kills me most. What do I need to do to get out of business?

Date created: 2013-04-17 Name: martha shapiro
Location: lake worth florida

"Compressor noise & humming"
I have the same problem that Tony Diegidio Delray Beach has. I bought a top floor unit 5 months ago, this is a nightmare I cannot have a normal life and worse I cannot sleep .I have 3 Goodman rooftop ac units on top of my bedroom belongs to my neighbors, they kick on/off very loud and then produce a permanent very nasty low frequency humming while in use. Their technician said itís normal and the association said itís normal and "I have to get use to it". Wrong, I found out it is also the association legal responsibility to eliminate the noise since they are located in the common elements but I started first with the Palm Beach County Code Enforcement building dept. They came and measured the noise and find out an excessive noise, the ac unit owners were given 2 violations notices one for the noise and the other one is because they do not have a county permit for installation & inspection. They have until this June to fix the problem.

Date created: 2013-04-13 Name: John Stewart
Location: Mulberry, Fl.

"Bad AC"
A/C unit leaks. Installer had no idea on how to install. The thermostat put in hallway nowhere near to return. I wish I knew the name of the installer.

<< Previous56789101112131415161718192021222324Next >>