Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN central air conditioners

Read more about GOODMAN central air conditioners

<< Previous56789101112131415161718192021222324Next >>

Date created: 2013-01-17 Name: Audrey
Location: Morgantown, PA

"UGH, 5 yrs old and already expensive repairs"
We had a new $6,500 unit installed 5 years ago. Last year we had to have a new compressor $2,400 installed....we were told that the wires were fried and it was due to a power surge after a storm knocked out the electrical. Not even a year later we had to have a "fix" for it b/c it completely stoped working in August. Since, our bills have been through the roof and in winter months our house if freezing, heater is running non-stop but house if not warming up. We went with a different installer and we were just informed that the Goodman Compressor was installed with an American Standard unit (it's like putting a Ford Motor into a Chevy car with other Chevy parts). He said it will be thousands again to get it fixed and told us to question why they ever installed a Goodman b/c they are nothing but problems. ugh!!!

Date created: 2012-12-13 Name: Steve

"Contractor comment"
I'm an a/c contractor that has been installing Goodman equipment for 10 years. This is good quality equipment and I would say that all units break down but by some of the reviews that I'm reading here it sounds like the customers are being lied to about the real problems. Find a quality company that stands behind there work.

Date created: 2012-11-14 Name: patrick
Location: California

"Issues"
The furnace itself may work fine and turn out to be okay, but there are some serious issues with installation due to the design. The unit has an external condensate trap that hangs down 5" below the unit. This creates some issues with horizontal installations. You can't lay the unit down, it has to be suspended in some manner. Additionally you have to install a drain pan, but the trap gets in the way of doing so. It can all be worked- out but it wasn't very easy. Quality of the parts seems kind of flimsy but time will tell if they are critical components. The supply air flanges are poorly perforated for bending and one side broke off without much resistance. If I had known all this, I wouldn't have bought it.

Date created: 2012-10-09 Name: J Moser
Location: Florida

"Do not buy a Goodman"
Have a 15 seer that is less than three years old, repair man has been here four times, three times in the last two weeks, this time it will be almost a thousand dollars to repair. Last winter the heat went out and two weeks ago the blower and capacitor, now the reversing valve. This system is awful. Corporate doesn't seem to care either!! Stay away from Goodman!!!! We live in Florida and must have air.

Date created: 2012-10-01 Name: E. Bejarano
Location: Phoenix, Arizona

"Add me to the lawsuit"
My unit was installed 10 months ago. In the last 2 months, the ac guy has come over 6 times. I am waiting for him to come over right now. I called the manufacturer to complain about the unit and they told me to buy an extended warranty. This company has no pride in its product and won't stand behind it. I will tell everyone about my experience and I ask them to tell everyone they know to not buy a Goodman ac.

Date created: 2012-10-01 Name: Wayne Howell
Location: raleigh,nc

"What company has a right to sell junk at this price"
3 1/2 years old and the coil goes bad and I was told it was all rusted.I Live in Raleigh,nc and we have good weather.The Ac repair man told me its made in China and the only thing that will be covered is the coil.I Had to pay the $790 labor to replace it.I Have to tell you people we have to file a complaint with consumer affars amd the Attorney general in our states to get some help.Just think how much poison is going into the ozone from the freon leaking out.

Date created: 2012-09-27 Name: kevin
Location: tx

"Beware of builders!"
We bought a new home in 06 and it has a Goodman 2 1/2 ton unit on the home. This is a 1,500 sq ft house in Texas where the temp can hit 108 degrees. Just found out that it needs a bigger unit. Carriers rule of thumb is 400sq ft per ton so I should a 4 ton unit. I would say its the builders fault a lot of the times and try to save money by installing a smaller unit which cost them less but you thousands. When we first moved in the ac worked great and really have had no problems with unit just now 6 years later. The unit has worked so hard to cool the house it can't keep up to keep my house cool. If my builder would have done the right thing and put the right ac on my house it probably would've lasted longer. I agree with the techs that say it depends on who installs your unit or lets say who builds your house. Beware of home builders they will rip you off and you don't even think about it until its to late and your warranty is up.

Date created: 2012-09-22 Name: A Adams

"JUNK"
Breaks or leaks every other month

Date created: 2012-09-21 Name: V. Foster
Location: Montgomery, AL

"This unit sucks"
Brought a brand new house 3 years ago, Goodman ac unit has gone bad. Warranty by company will not repair unit, homebuilder bears not responsibility. I can't believe a three year old ac unit already need repairing, it is going to cost me and arm and a leg to fix it. Is there anyone interested in a Class action lawsuit against this Goodman company. This is a nightmare, I am a single mom with very little money.

Date created: 2012-09-17 Name: David
Location: Chattanooga, TN

"Money Pit"
I just bought a house built in 2005. It had a Goodman ac unit. Worked fine during my home inspection, move in day it went out. Had a tech come out, $300 later its working. Well that was last month. Saturday I woke up to a hot house. Went outside and the unit was not working. Called a hvac company out and I have a list of things wrong with my goodman ac unit. Compressor, coil, filter, fan the list goes on. I'm a young man supporting a family on single income minimum wage. I'll say this. When I get my income tax check, I'm buying a new unit, and it won't be a Goodman.

<< Previous56789101112131415161718192021222324Next >>