Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN central air conditioners

Read more about GOODMAN central air conditioners

<< Previous4567891011121314151617181920212223Next >>

Date created: 2013-07-01 Name: Mike Anon
Location: Glenn Mills, PA

"Educate Yourselves!"
I have an A/C license but am long-retired. I decided to replace my 50 year old home systems 2 1/2 years ago. I spent a lot of time evaluating the work of local contractors before settling on a 60 year old company in our city. I had certain requirements for components and Goodman met them all at the lowest price, even including a 10 year parts and labor warranty. The installation tech. did an excellent job and we enjoyed discussing specific details of brazing technique, TXV function, etc. The systems have functioned very well and are much quieter than a friend's 10 year old Goodman. Incidentally, that one was properly installed and has required no repairs. Bottom line: As many others have said, the quality of the installation is the determining factor governing how reliable a system will be. Period! There is only one right way to do the job. Educate yourselves before purchasing or you are very likely to be cheated. Talk to friends, neighbors, etc. Check with the BBB!!!! If there are a lot of complaints about a company, run away! Meet the installers if you can, not just some slick sales people! Protect yourselves and you will be happy with the equipment. I will say though that some systems are better than others from the standpoint of ease of repair or component replacement. American Standard comes to mind, but the cost for that convenience is high and certainly wasn't worth it for me.

Date created: 2013-06-29 Name: mb
Location: tx

"AC Home"
Had a new Goodman 3 ton in my house. Aluminum coil failed in less than two years. Won't buy a Goodman again.

Date created: 2013-06-26 Name: S. Brown
Location: Phoenix, AZ

"Satisfied for 19 Years"
I have 2 units (2, 2.5) that were installed by the builder 19 years ago as of last month. Have never had a problem. I just make sure that I get an annual tuneup and change the filters. What else can I say? Either the product works or it doesn't!

Date created: 2013-06-24 Name: Cindy Ward
Location: Smithville, Tn

"Had AC Unit Placed on Houseboat"
Had AC unit placed on houseboat. It has been one thing after another. A local dealer did the work and I feel that the unit is a piece of junk. Service calls on top of service calls. Dang joke for a so called quality product. Step up and take pride in your product and stop sending out junk to hard working people. Teach your dealers about customer service. They don't know the definition.

Date created: 2013-06-18 Name: KG
Location: Killeen, Texas

"No Good at All Piece of Junk"
I purchased a new home back in Sept. '11 with a new Goodman AC unit. It hasn't been a good 2 years and the compressor has went bad. The cost to repair $1300 which is just crazy. I have never seen a new AC unit completely stop working. This brand is just a piece of junk.

Date created: 2013-06-16 Name: Craig Wiedder
Location: Chicago

"Quality of Installation VS Quality of Equipment"
I am amazed at the negative reviews posted about Goodman and Amana equipment. I have been in this business for over 40 years, and would advise you that, most of the horrible experiences that consumers relate are caused by the installing contractor and not the equipment manufacturer. Your first and most important selection should be the installing contractor. If you get this part right, you can be sure that he/she will not sell you a poor quality unit. Why would they? Lastly, my experience is that Goodman products are the best value equipment on the market. There are more expensive units available, but the higher price that you pay will go for national brand advertising and dealer rebate trips to Hawaii!

Date created: 2013-06-11 Name: Dissatisfied customer

"Horrible"
Piece of crap, I have had my unit for 3 years. Compressors have gone out twice, now I have to replace a split coil on the outside unit. I would never recommend this place ever!

Date created: 2013-06-08 Name: John Smith
Location: Austin

"Listen Up People.."
I've read a lot of reviews on here hearing people say Goodman/Amana equipment is terrible. This is simply not the case. A lot of you are complaining about your compressor going out. If you (or your contractor) would have registered the equipment online, this would be way less of a hassle than it has to be. We stand by our equipment with 10 year parts, 10 year unit replacement, lifetime compressor replacement and lifetime heat exchanger replacement. The problems you are all running into are with half assed contractors. I see them and load their equipment up every day. You need to do really in depth research before you pull out your phonebook and choose the "right looking" company. If they come to your residence or business looking like slobs, you'll get sloppy half assed work. On the other side of the token, there are really good contractors out there that I sell equipment to daily or every other day. Those are the guys I would trust. Do your research people!

Date created: 2013-06-05 Name: mick mathewson
Location: indio,ca

"Avoid Goodman"
My unit is 18 months old and compressor has failed. I now have to replace the compressor with an 800 dollar labor charge added to the purchase price of 5500, total cost 6300 dollars. You can buy a name brand unit from a real company with a labour warranty for this price. My lesson learned, go elsewhere so you do not repeat this experience!

Date created: 2013-06-04 Name: M Moore
Location: Sugar Land, TX

"Two New Units - Both Failed Within Two Years"
Installed two new Goodman cooling units and one compressor unit in 2009. Needed service for low freon in 2010 and again in 2011 and 2012. May 2013 both units needed freon and inspector says both cooling coils need to be replaced. In my view neither were good from the start.

<< Previous4567891011121314151617181920212223Next >>