Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN central air conditioners

Read more about GOODMAN central air conditioners

<< Previous345678910111213141516171819202122Next >>

Date created: 2013-08-01 Name: Rick

"No Go"
Just had unit installed 2 weeks ago and compressor already needs to be replaced. 2 weeks, are you kidding me?!

Date created: 2013-07-25 Name: Allen Kinchen
Location: Conroe Tx.

"Goodman Builts Trash Electronics"
Goodman 18.3 seer 2 stage compressor failed after only 2 years old. Extremely disappointing. It has nothing to do with the scroll compressor or the fin coils, it has to do with their trash electronics simply failing to work. The card code 4 green flashes along with 4 yellow flashes only shows the system does not have proper configuration and will not operate. The technician said, the card is bad after only two years. There is no warranty on this card and it is very expensive. It failed in the worse time of the year in Texas.

Date created: 2013-07-17 Name: B. Lane

"Goodman Air Conditioning Unit"
Bought a 4 ton unit 5 years ago, bad mistake! Stay away from this brand. Parts are not available, have to be shipped from Texas and overnight fees began at $100 and $500. Our unit has turned out to be very costly, looks like we will have to replace but certainly not ever again with Goodman.

Date created: 2013-07-12 Name: Teresa Day
Location: Peoria, AZ

"Original AC Still Working Good"
We just had our AC checked to make sure that it's all good. It's the original AC installed when the house was built in 2001. We have it looked at every year as we live in the Valley of the Sun (Phoenix, Arizona), so it gets a work out. We are not the original owners. Unit is in excellent condition! No problems, no leaks. I was very surprised at all the negative comments. So I thought I would put my 2 cents in. If or when the unit goes out we will probably buy another Goodman. Several of our neighbors still have their original Goodman units as well and everyone is very happy with them.

Date created: 2013-07-09 Name: John
Location: harrisburg

"Bad Product"
Very simple, do not buy Goodman AC. Very bad product, I put it outside AC unit broke 3 times in 5 weeks. They did not replaced the unit, so I took it out and put a new Trane unit and love it. I will never recommend Goodman to anyone. Bad product and bad warranty.

Date created: 2013-07-09 Name: Steve
Location: MA

"Goodman Works Great"
I have 2 units installed by builder, 5 years ago. Just had them serviced for the first time. The upstairs was blowing cool but not cold. Slight amount of freon added, back to normal. House stays cool even on 95 degree days. 4 of my neighbors have Goodman as well and not one of them have had an issue in 4-6 years since homes were built. What do we have in common... The installer!! In fact, the inspector we used said that the heating/AC installation was one of the best he had seen.

Date created: 2013-07-08 Name: G. Wolfe
Location: Berlin, NJ

"Problems and More Problems"
Decided to update my reliable but inefficient A/C and heater in 2009. Had Goodman A/C installed professionally by Goodman dealer. End of year one, no freon, system was dry attributed to leak at shredder valve connection. Year two, no freon again, tech thought there may be a leak in the coil, but could not find it. Recharged system again. Year three, no freon, tech found leak in coil, replaced coil but would not replace the entire unit despite my concerns that the leaks had probably damaged the compressor. Year four, compressor dead, replaced compressor under warranty. One month later, unit won't cool. Waiting for service as I write this. Not at all warm and fuzzy on the Goodman products at the moment. Going to press for a fully replacement of the unit, preferably for equipment from another manufacturer. Probably going to add legal expenses to the experience, but enough is enough! Consider the consistent coil leak and compressor failures in the other reviews when making your decision!

Date created: 2013-07-01 Name: Mike Anon
Location: Glenn Mills, PA

"Educate Yourselves!"
I have an A/C license but am long-retired. I decided to replace my 50 year old home systems 2 1/2 years ago. I spent a lot of time evaluating the work of local contractors before settling on a 60 year old company in our city. I had certain requirements for components and Goodman met them all at the lowest price, even including a 10 year parts and labor warranty. The installation tech. did an excellent job and we enjoyed discussing specific details of brazing technique, TXV function, etc. The systems have functioned very well and are much quieter than a friend's 10 year old Goodman. Incidentally, that one was properly installed and has required no repairs. Bottom line: As many others have said, the quality of the installation is the determining factor governing how reliable a system will be. Period! There is only one right way to do the job. Educate yourselves before purchasing or you are very likely to be cheated. Talk to friends, neighbors, etc. Check with the BBB!!!! If there are a lot of complaints about a company, run away! Meet the installers if you can, not just some slick sales people! Protect yourselves and you will be happy with the equipment. I will say though that some systems are better than others from the standpoint of ease of repair or component replacement. American Standard comes to mind, but the cost for that convenience is high and certainly wasn't worth it for me.

Date created: 2013-06-29 Name: mb
Location: tx

"AC Home"
Had a new Goodman 3 ton in my house. Aluminum coil failed in less than two years. Won't buy a Goodman again.

Date created: 2013-06-26 Name: S. Brown
Location: Phoenix, AZ

"Satisfied for 19 Years"
I have 2 units (2, 2.5) that were installed by the builder 19 years ago as of last month. Have never had a problem. I just make sure that I get an annual tuneup and change the filters. What else can I say? Either the product works or it doesn't!

<< Previous345678910111213141516171819202122Next >>