Consumer Reviews of Goodman central air conditioners

Read more about Goodman central air conditioners

<< Previous345678910111213141516171819202122Next >>

Date created: 2014-06-30 Name: BARRY WROBLEWSKI
Location: North Port Fl

"GOODMAN IS JUNK PLAIN AND SIMPLE"
We bought our house in 2011 new. It had a Goodman heat pump. It broke down every year until 2014. They told us we would need a new compressor at a cost of $1400 under their so called warranty like putting good money into a black hole. I got smart and replaced it with a new unit. Don't buy Goodman -- it's just plain junk.

Date created: 2014-06-30 Name: GED
Location: MARYLAND

"HAD GOODMAN FOR OVER 18 years"
Goodman! Well I can honestly tell all of you that I have had my a/c unit going strong for ~18 years!. When I ask the a/c servicemen years ago (seasonal check-up) what brand it was, he advised me that it was a Goodman. That being said, I'm convinced that this unit (originally installed when I bought the house back in 1995) when replaced, I will purchase another goodman system. Another thing that I am really top of is yearly maintenance and replacing filters every 90 days. Thinking this might have a lot to do with any system you purchase. Keep up with your maintenance requirements. It's a must! Go Goodman!
Date created: 2014-06-29 Name: Mary
Location: Glendale AZ

"Delay while manufacturer makes a part"
Broke down after 2 months. Company put a band aid on it until part comes in. The manufacturer has to make the part. Extremely disappointed.
Date created: 2014-06-19 Name: RJ Sanders
Location: Ocala, Fl

"Bought about 6 yrs ago-"
Unit has had the evaporator - condenser and compressor replaced in that time!!! This brand is junk.
Date created: 2014-06-11 Name: J. Allen
Location: Sharon Springs, Kansas

"Pathetic Service"
I am a Carrier and Thermo King certified technician for transit applications. The Goodman condensing and air handler units are pretty much, technically, generic. Where they fail is in customer service. I have been trying, unsuccessfully, for three weeks to purchase a control panel and transformer for the above mentioned unit. According to three of their distributors, the model and serial numbers I give them are not valid??? Still no parts!! John
Date created: 2014-06-11 Name: B. Lang
Location: Oklahoma City, OK

"2 Units"
Bought a new home in 2005. Had 2 of the same units installed. One for downstairs and one for the upstairs. The unit for downstairs unit - I have had no problems. History of the unit for upstairs - 1) 2006-08 regular maintennance/no problems. 2) 2009- checked for leaks found no problems but added 3 lbs. of freon. hmm? 3) 2010- replaced dual run capacitor. Found leak in both valves on unit. added 2 lbs. of freon. 4) 2011 - Found oper run capacitor and fan not running. Replaced dual run capacitor. 5) 2013 - Found leaks in evap coil needs to be replaced, added 2 lbs. of freon. We didn't replace coil. $$$. 6) 2014 - Leak! haha. not funny but not surprised., weak condenser fan capacitor, added 3 lbs. of freon. So, either I replace the coil or buy a new unit. Not sure what to do.
Date created: 2014-06-10 Name: H. Rouse
Location: kinston, nc

"Goodman high effiency central unit"
I have read the reviews and can truthfully say the following, When I purchased my Goodman product the installer was a reputable dealer who had been in business for 20+ years. He recommended Goodman as the best on the market; durable, easy to maintain, and exactly what we needed. I couldn't be more dissatisfied with the unit and the contractor. The unit freezes up in the winter, and has now blown an in-blower fan motor that can't be found anywhere. The Dealer/contractor can't keep an appointment time, or tell the same story twice in a row as to why it's been a week now that we are without a/C. Everything is still under warranty, money shouldn't be an issue. I know mechanical things break, but help out the people who have supported your product with service and part availability. No more Goodman or our installer for me.
Date created: 2014-06-07 Name: Marilyn
Location: Lillington, NC

"Lasted 12 years"
About 2 years ago I had a capacitor replaced. The compressor just went out. My unit lasted 12 years. I did yearly maintenance on it. I also keep my thermostat at about 78 or above in the summer and 65 or below in the winter. My monthly bill averaged $80.00 for a 1000 square foot house.
Date created: 2014-06-04 Name: MItchell Abernathy
Location: Nashville,Tn

"Not a happy customer"
The day we received our unit they left it at the end of our driveway. We only had the unit for a week and it stopped working and apparently it had a freon leak. That was May 10th and its June 4 and we still haven't received the part to fix our unit. They keep you on hold forever. I am not happy with the service and if I could go back I would not choose this company or recommend them to anyone else
Date created: 2014-06-03 Name: Kathleen W.
Location: Dallas, TX

"Goodman AC"
I have a 2002 Goodman system that has had minimal problems. In the last five years, I have only replaced the capacitor at a cost of $125.00. It's so true about the install. Some contractors think Goodman is junk and install it in a shoddy way.
<< Previous345678910111213141516171819202122Next >>