Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN central air conditioners

Read more about GOODMAN central air conditioners

<< Previous345678910111213141516171819202122Next >>

Date created: 2013-08-07 Name: Bryan
Location: Fredericksburg, va

"People Do Not Understand"
Well I'm going to write a quick response not that the unsatisfied people will listen to but here it is. If you negative people read the good posts, you will see that just like the other technicians have said "installation is the most important part" this is 100% true. I've installed many Goodman/Amana units and have never had a call back. It's just like taking your car to a shade tree mechanic and he does half way work. This is what happens when you wanna save a dollar and hire someone to do it at the cheapest price. So when you need to replace your HVAC system, don't cut corners by saving a dollar. Your system is one of the most crucial parts of your home next to the structure. Make sure you have a heat load performed to ensure proper size. Ask your installer how low he pulled a vacuum to. I make sure I can at least get to 500 microns, this will tell you there are no leaks and you have all moisture out because moisture will kill a compressor in a heartbeat. Make sure the size of your ductwork and suggest modifications if needed because airflow is also very important. It's like, you're running 5 miles with only one nostril open. So people, do a little research and do not bad mouth a system manufacturer until you check into your installer because most companies only care about your signed check. Trust me, I've been there and seen how companies will treat the gullible homeowner. I've replaced more Trane units than I have Goodmans and usually when I replace a Goodman, it's because it's 20+ years old.

Date created: 2013-08-04 Name: Eugene
Location: Cheaspeake, VA

"I Must Tell Besides Name Brand"
I must tell besides name brand: Goodman, Carrier, Trane, Tempstar, Nordyne, Lennox, Ruud, Rheem, Maytag, Thermal King, and much more brands that I can list, but there is one thing all this unit do and that is to condition the area. Now, most and some people especially the know-it-alls!!! These people go online, believe the hype online about warranties. Look, call the manufacturer to verify that warranty. You know some people think they're so smart it makes them not look so smart. Most manufacturers on their own website will throw you the warranty up there and even sell you the systems online, but please read the warranties and agreements thoroughly. To be honest, I live in Virginia and there is a large number of jacklegs in this trade. My recommendation is, a lot of companies don't understand theory along with heat/load calculation/cfm and properly sizing ductwork for a given installation. A person with this in mind is worth the money. Now, when looking for the right company look up reviews on that company and how long they been in the business. This will weed out the newbies just trying to make fast cash!!! PROPER INSTALLATION = PROPER OPERATION

Date created: 2013-08-03 Name: E. Chieppo
Location: Loveland, CO

"Goodman equipment"
I am an hvac contractor that has been working in the hvac industry for over 20 years. I have installed and worked on many different brands of equipment. There are definitely some lemons out there, but Goodman is not one of them. If you look at the internal parts and design, Goodman is one of the best in these categories. Many of the top higher end brands have similar design as Goodman. Goodman has had their design for a very long time and one of the best warranties in the industry. Goodman has made it very hard for the other top name brands to compete with their prices. One of the most important aspects of the functionality and longevity of the equipment is the installer. Most of the bad reviews stem from a bad, sloppy, and or corner cutting install. I have seen and/or worked on most brands in my 20+ years and I have chosen Goodman for my equipment.

Date created: 2013-08-01 Name: Rick

"No Go"
Just had unit installed 2 weeks ago and compressor already needs to be replaced. 2 weeks, are you kidding me?!

Date created: 2013-07-25 Name: Allen Kinchen
Location: Conroe Tx.

"Goodman Builts Trash Electronics"
Goodman 18.3 seer 2 stage compressor failed after only 2 years old. Extremely disappointing. It has nothing to do with the scroll compressor or the fin coils, it has to do with their trash electronics simply failing to work. The card code 4 green flashes along with 4 yellow flashes only shows the system does not have proper configuration and will not operate. The technician said, the card is bad after only two years. There is no warranty on this card and it is very expensive. It failed in the worse time of the year in Texas.

Date created: 2013-07-17 Name: B. Lane

"Goodman Air Conditioning Unit"
Bought a 4 ton unit 5 years ago, bad mistake! Stay away from this brand. Parts are not available, have to be shipped from Texas and overnight fees began at $100 and $500. Our unit has turned out to be very costly, looks like we will have to replace but certainly not ever again with Goodman.

Date created: 2013-07-12 Name: Teresa Day
Location: Peoria, AZ

"Original AC Still Working Good"
We just had our AC checked to make sure that it's all good. It's the original AC installed when the house was built in 2001. We have it looked at every year as we live in the Valley of the Sun (Phoenix, Arizona), so it gets a work out. We are not the original owners. Unit is in excellent condition! No problems, no leaks. I was very surprised at all the negative comments. So I thought I would put my 2 cents in. If or when the unit goes out we will probably buy another Goodman. Several of our neighbors still have their original Goodman units as well and everyone is very happy with them.

Date created: 2013-07-09 Name: John
Location: harrisburg

"Bad Product"
Very simple, do not buy Goodman AC. Very bad product, I put it outside AC unit broke 3 times in 5 weeks. They did not replaced the unit, so I took it out and put a new Trane unit and love it. I will never recommend Goodman to anyone. Bad product and bad warranty.

Date created: 2013-07-09 Name: Steve
Location: MA

"Goodman Works Great"
I have 2 units installed by builder, 5 years ago. Just had them serviced for the first time. The upstairs was blowing cool but not cold. Slight amount of freon added, back to normal. House stays cool even on 95 degree days. 4 of my neighbors have Goodman as well and not one of them have had an issue in 4-6 years since homes were built. What do we have in common... The installer!! In fact, the inspector we used said that the heating/AC installation was one of the best he had seen.

Date created: 2013-07-08 Name: G. Wolfe
Location: Berlin, NJ

"Problems and More Problems"
Decided to update my reliable but inefficient A/C and heater in 2009. Had Goodman A/C installed professionally by Goodman dealer. End of year one, no freon, system was dry attributed to leak at shredder valve connection. Year two, no freon again, tech thought there may be a leak in the coil, but could not find it. Recharged system again. Year three, no freon, tech found leak in coil, replaced coil but would not replace the entire unit despite my concerns that the leaks had probably damaged the compressor. Year four, compressor dead, replaced compressor under warranty. One month later, unit won't cool. Waiting for service as I write this. Not at all warm and fuzzy on the Goodman products at the moment. Going to press for a fully replacement of the unit, preferably for equipment from another manufacturer. Probably going to add legal expenses to the experience, but enough is enough! Consider the consistent coil leak and compressor failures in the other reviews when making your decision!

<< Previous345678910111213141516171819202122Next >>