Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN central air conditioners

Read more about GOODMAN central air conditioners

<< Previous23456789101112131415161718192021Next >>

Date created: 2014-05-30 Name: s. kubiak
Location: Tn.

"Central unit"
Unit worked about a year I have had 4 service calls about $800 of refrigerant and labor. My fifth call to a new repairman said the copper evaporator coil needs replaced because of leaks by one made of aluminium cost $619 and 10% of those he has replaced leaked. How is that for a knight mare. Congrats Tx. No regulations in your state so this is what we get from products made there. The next time you vote to succeed from the union you have my vote.

Date created: 2014-05-29 Name: Bob
Location: Ohio

"New cars"
Well you thinks it's the brand, sometimes it may be but I find not as often as a you may think. Here is a typical call on my business phone, my ac isn't working when can you get here? I'm out in a hour or two and change your filter! Thanks for the trip charge! Call two: My furnace shut down!! I'm out in a hour or two and change your filter! Thanks for the trip charge! Vines growning on your condensing unit outside? Weeds and grass as tall as a 3 year old blocking the air flow around it make for a very profitable year for me! What would Chevy or Ford do for your blown motor on your one year old car because you never changed the oil? Just a thought!

Date created: 2014-05-21 Name: G.M.
Location: NJ

"Contractor"
First off in my opinion homeowners that blame the equipment for failing, when it wasn't installed properly are morons! The parts in a Goodman are the same in a Trane, American Standard, etc. If you hire low life contractors to do the work, and they don't install it properly, who's fault is that, cheapo? Unfortunately, I'm sure you go though life in the same way. It's always someone else's fought. As far as the warranty, they will honor it as long as it meets there requirements, as with any warranty. If you hire drunks to install it, and they do a crappy job, then they will not. Would you? Have a great day!

Date created: 2014-05-13 Name: B. Donato
Location: Central Virginia

"Goodman/Janitrol Stinks"
The Janitrol name went away but the problems continue...the units we have have failed several times leading to numerous expenses...as soon as possible we will upgrade to another brand.

Date created: 2014-05-09 Name: Jamie Harris
Location: Greenville In

"Bad unit"
Purchased a home almost 4 years ago, bought our Goodman unit brand new. First winter the heat pump went out, first summer the outside unit froze up and the compressor went out, last summer the mother board went out and this year the outside unit is out again. Lennox units are not good either but I would get one of those over another Goodman unit. I am calling Goodman to let them know the whole unit should be replaced they are crap. You would be better off getting window units.

Date created: 2014-05-09 Name: L.Smith
Location: Chesapeake. VA

"Don't buy Goodman"
Bought Sept 2012 $6300.00. ~5/06/2014 not even 2 yrs old bad compressor. They don't cover labor 715.00 to fix it. 6300.00 one would think it would last longer than a year and a half. Don't waste your money. I'll buy a window unit before I ever buy a Goodman again.

Date created: 2014-04-25 Name: D. Guajardo
Location: Ft. Worth, Tx

"Goodman rips buyers off"
Had a Goodman a/c and heating unit installed in my home in 2005. The heating unit is in an upstairs attic. The companies employees smoked and drank beer the whole time they were here. I was not home at the time, I was working. They left exposed wiring and the unit has never worked properly. Upon complaining to the company about their horrible work and work ethics, I could never get a call returned. This year, 2014, the a/c unit went out. The contractor that looked at the unit stated that all mechanical parts were burnt up. A new unit will cost 2200.00. Never again will I allow a Goodman product be installed in my home. Buyer beware! This company is a farce.

Date created: 2014-04-02 Name: Ron
Location: Palm Springs, CA

"Not having good luck."
Replaced 30 year unit with this model. Since then it has broken down several times. I use it only in summer months from Late May- Sept here in desert. I have it serviced yearly. Since new they always seem to add freon. Now it blows warm air and shut down. I must call repair company again. I wish I still had the old one. This will be second repair. Next time I need a new a/c I will do my research and first read reviews.

Date created: 2014-01-16 Name: Capri Homes LLC
Location: Mississippi

"Coil failure"
During the years 2007 and 2008, as a builder of College Student rental property I purchased approx. 100 Goodman 3 ton units installed by a reputable a/c contractor. In the past 2 years the coils have failed from leaks each repair costing around $1,000. Several units, last year, were still in warranty and they replaced the coils which saved about $400, but the majority were a few months past 5 years old and they would not warranty them. Other builders have had the same problems. Prior to this I have installed Goodman in over 750 homes and they had no more than normal problems. Obviously Goodman had a problem with their coil supplier, but would not help out, even a large customer as myself. I no longer recommend Goodman.

Date created: 2013-11-22 Name: mel padawer
Location: germantown, tn

"Goodman 14 Seer Air Conditioner Review"
I bought central heat and air this past spring after pretty much analyzing everything I could find out through this site. Goodman was touted as the Hyundai of central air units. It worked great this past summer, but this was only one summer and only time will tell. I did read a lot about having a certified company to install the system and I also bought the heat system to complement the air. Haing a certified company was and is probably the right thing to do to make sure it is installed correctly. So far, so good for Goodman.

<< Previous23456789101112131415161718192021Next >>