Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN central air conditioners

Read more about GOODMAN central air conditioners

<< Previous23456789101112131415161718192021Next >>

Date created: 2014-04-25 Name: D. Guajardo
Location: Ft. Worth, Tx

"Goodman rips buyers off"
Had a Goodman a/c and heating unit installed in my home in 2005. The heating unit is in an upstairs attic. The companies employees smoked and drank beer the whole time they were here. I was not home at the time, I was working. They left exposed wiring and the unit has never worked properly. Upon complaining to the company about their horrible work and work ethics, I could never get a call returned. This year, 2014, the a/c unit went out. The contractor that looked at the unit stated that all mechanical parts were burnt up. A new unit will cost 2200.00. Never again will I allow a Goodman product be installed in my home. Buyer beware! This company is a farce.

Date created: 2014-04-02 Name: Ron
Location: Palm Springs, CA

"Not having good luck."
Replaced 30 year unit with this model. Since then it has broken down several times. I use it only in summer months from Late May- Sept here in desert. I have it serviced yearly. Since new they always seem to add freon. Now it blows warm air and shut down. I must call repair company again. I wish I still had the old one. This will be second repair. Next time I need a new a/c I will do my research and first read reviews.

Date created: 2014-01-16 Name: Capri Homes LLC
Location: Mississippi

"Coil failure"
During the years 2007 and 2008, as a builder of College Student rental property I purchased approx. 100 Goodman 3 ton units installed by a reputable a/c contractor. In the past 2 years the coils have failed from leaks each repair costing around $1,000. Several units, last year, were still in warranty and they replaced the coils which saved about $400, but the majority were a few months past 5 years old and they would not warranty them. Other builders have had the same problems. Prior to this I have installed Goodman in over 750 homes and they had no more than normal problems. Obviously Goodman had a problem with their coil supplier, but would not help out, even a large customer as myself. I no longer recommend Goodman.

Date created: 2013-11-22 Name: mel padawer
Location: germantown, tn

"Goodman 14 Seer Air Conditioner Review"
I bought central heat and air this past spring after pretty much analyzing everything I could find out through this site. Goodman was touted as the Hyundai of central air units. It worked great this past summer, but this was only one summer and only time will tell. I did read a lot about having a certified company to install the system and I also bought the heat system to complement the air. Haing a certified company was and is probably the right thing to do to make sure it is installed correctly. So far, so good for Goodman.

Date created: 2013-10-28 Name: Craig
Location: Pittsburgh, Pa.

"Never a Problem"
Hi. We had our Goodman AC unit with oil furnace installed in 2004 in our new house. We never had any problems at all with it. With the price of oil sky high, I'm getting a Goodman heat pump installed in 2 weeks. If you get it sized and installed properly, I think you will be happy with their products.

Date created: 2013-10-20 Name: Isidro Pastrano
Location: Biloxi.MS

"Bad Unit"
Adding freon every year is not good. Can't find leak. Installer serviceman added freon two years in a row, then won't answer phone. Warranty is running out, just like Goodman installer. How do I sue for a new unit? I am a retired installer and serviceman and will never recommend this unit. Cities should not allow installations of this unit.

Date created: 2013-10-04 Name: Suzanne Chapman
Location: Bradenton, FL

"Goodman Air Conditioner -- Awful!!"
We bought this unit from an AC repair company in 2004 and have had nothing but problems. It breaks down at least once a year for some major repair. It wasn't very good when we first had it. Started freezing up immediately and then a part broke. It is loud, noisy and unreliable. Save yourself money and grief and buy a decent AC unit. For the amount of the repair bills, we could have bought a Trane to begin with.

Date created: 2013-08-31 Name: Nathan L. Martin, Sr.
Location: Chattanooga, Tn.

"Serial #0711166116"
Live in town home community. Units installed in number of family dwellings in 2007 - 2008 - 2009 - and now the A/C coil in the attic units are leaking and have to be replaced. This problem is widespread in our community since four families have so far had to have coil replaced. It has been determined from a reliable source that the coils are defective due to inferior copper used in manufacturing. The coils are being replaced with aluminum units.

Date created: 2013-08-24 Name: Caleb W
Location: Durham, NC

"Buy a Trane"
Our 10 year old unit had an evaporator coil leak and other prolems, and we bought a Goodman to replace it. Only three years later, it had an evaporator coil leak, on a brand new unit. Now four years in, the motor completely went out. If it were not for the warranty, we would be $2000 out of pocket for a brand new unit. Our warranty expires next year and I'm not looking forward to it.

Date created: 2013-08-09 Name: SD
Location: NC

"Ultra Reliable"
My home is 20 years old. The original Amana compressor and coil failed after about 5 years. The repairman replaced it with a Goodman unit. Zero problems for nearly 15 years now and a fraction of the cost. Good, simple, solid, reliable.

<< Previous23456789101112131415161718192021Next >>