Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN central air conditioners

Read more about GOODMAN central air conditioners

<< Previous23456789101112131415161718192021Next >>

Date created: 2013-04-03 Name: E. Pena
Location: Houston, TX

"Problems after 2 years"
The builder installed Goodman for a/c and gas furnace in 2002 and I started having problems two years later. First the compressor went out in 2004, then leaky coils in 2005, 2006, and 2007. Although parts were under warranty labor was not. The last coil also needed to be replaced but I couldn't afford both parts and labor. Considering the amount I had paid over the years for just the labor work I could have replaced the entire system. Also I had to replace 3 capacitors over the years as well. I recently replaced the a/c with Tempstar at the recommendation from a friend who works in the industry. Keeping my fingers crossed on this one.

Date created: 2013-03-20 Name: George Hogrefe
Location: Lanoka Harbor NJ

"Goodman"
Had a Goodman heating and A/C unit installed in my new house in 1997. Over that time the fan motor on the ac unit was replaced in 2008 for $300.00 The AC died after being under 2 ft of water from Sandy. The heater is still running without problems. I am putting in another Goodman AC and hope it gives me the same service. Were they made better years ago??

Date created: 2013-03-15 Name: R.K.
Location: Fort Collins, CO

"Do it Right!!!!"
I wish you people were in the HVAC trade. I think most of you need to get a quality installer. Half these posts I read are about how the builder didn't register it, they were bought online, they had to strip the unit down to fix it. If all those things are true, you need to stop blaming the brand and go after the people that didn't do their job. You pay the cheap price for installation and online pricing that's what you get. Do some research people. Register the product within 60 days of installation to get the 10 year warranty. It's that easy.

Date created: 2013-03-14 Name: Tony Diegidio
Location: Delray Beach FL

"Compressor Noise"
I live in an interior Townhouse in Southeast Florida. The owners on each side of me had their 4 Ton Carrier packaged units replaced with Amana/Goodman 4 Ton units in the Fall/Winter 2012. I could barely hear the Carrier units compressors hum. The Amana/Goodman compressors not only humm loudly but also make a hammering noise. It is so bad that the only way I can sleep is with my ceiling fan on high, a continuous play Classical music cd playing and 33 hours earplugs in to override the compressor noise. The owner of the installation company and the Goodnan southeast technical representative met me at my house. We went up on the roof and checked one unit. The compressor chamber was "Oil Canning" as the Rep. called it, that was the source of the noise. I asked why the Carriers did not "Oil Can" he said the pans they were mounted on where a heavier gauge than the Goodman pans. Both he and Goodman customer service say the units are what they are and they will not reiforce the pans, which he admitted should quiet the oil canning. If anyone else is having this problem I would like to know.

Date created: 2013-03-08 Name: mack matthews
Location: cartersville, ga.

"Class Action Lawsuit"
Bought this unit 2 years ago 15 seer. Constant problems, let's get a class action lawsuit against this company or find out why they are still in business.

Date created: 2013-03-06 Name: Stephanie
Location: Southeastern PA

"Horrible Unit - Horrible Company"
I bought a Goodman indoor/outdoor combo unit in 2008. I had it installed by a Goodman recommended installer. I was overcharged for the units. Two years after having the unit installed, the compressor went. The coil was replaced twice. It started leaking refrigerant and has been ever since. Every year when the seasons change, a call is made bc the unit isn't working. This year however, I have had my emergency heat on since November. The unit isn't working properly and the company won't do anything about it. The original installer can't fix it and is hard to get in touch with and Goodman is telling me the unit was installed improperly. They are pointing fingers at each other but my unit is not fixed. The electric bills are astronomical. I am interested in a class- action suit. Anyone else? Shicks615@hotmail.com

Date created: 2013-03-02 Name: DENISE WILSON
Location: KINGSTREE SOUTH CAROLINA

"No good"
This is no good plus their is a shipping cost to the cu this. This is one unit I will never buy again. Not good man is what it need to be call.

Date created: 2013-02-22 Name: T. Taylor
Location: San Antonio TX

"AMANA FAIL"
Three and a half years ago had complete system install, indoor and outside. Within a year the reversing valve failed. (Screeching noise described in earlier post). Company that installed unit welded in new reversing valve and I'm sick because the new unit had to be stripped down to do it. New unit totally dismantled. Three years later weld fails, unit leaks refrigerant, call company and insist on unit replacement. Amana says yes, but they want to charge labor and not provide parts and labor guarantee. So do I sink more $$$ for labor, or have weld repaired for no cost. Installer and Amana are putting the squeeze on so I choose the later. But neither solution is very appealing. Bought new unit to serve me through my retirement years. Nothing but frustration since buying the unit.

Date created: 2013-02-06 Name: billy scoville
Location: lucedale,ms.

"Piece of Junk"
Eighty two year old mother bought Goodman ac heat pump for nearly 4000.00 dollars after installation. Two years old have had nothing but trouble with this junk unit. She is on fixed income and the Goodman crooks would not back their own product up. Is anyone considering a class action lawsuit? I sure would like to know as many complaints as I have seen, these people are thieves. Do not buy a Goodman product. They should change their name to badman.

Date created: 2013-02-01 Name: Denver
Location: Arlington, Texas

"Buy At Your Own Risk"
I own Denco Air Conditioning & Heating in Arlington Texas, I have been in air conditioning sine 1985 (27 years). Goodman was formerly known as Janitrol. The company had such a horrible name for building cheap junk that a few years ago when the Goodman family business was bought out by a group of Chinese the chinese changed the name to Goodman. Now they are made even cheaper. I can install a Rheem unit for darn near the same price. Or you can buy one of these and in a few years, you can buy another one and then another one and then....well you get the picture. Bottom line is you can dress a pig up and call it a swine, but we all know you have a pig. Save your money and invest it in a brand that is dependable and purchase it through a reputable company.

<< Previous23456789101112131415161718192021Next >>