Consumer Reviews of Goodman central air conditioners

Read more about Goodman central air conditioners

<< Previous23456789101112131415161718192021Next >>

Date created: 2014-07-19 Name: Curt Jamison
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

"All cut from the same cloth"
Here's the straight facts from an heating & ac industry veteran with four journeyman tickets, 14 years of specialized technical heating & ac experience, and the owner of a rapidly growing heating & ac company. Pretty much all air conditioning equipment made these days is cut from the same cloth, with all manufacturers using ~80% of the exact same components from the exact same component manufacturers (of which there's only 4 major players). Literally, the biggest differences in ACs, brand to brand, is the colour of paint used on the equipment, and the manufacturer's nameplate; that, and the additional ~$1000 the better known brands cost the homeowner to purchase. Most AC brands are incredibly reliable when installed correctly (avoid Coleman home ACs like the plague!), which they very rarely are, and no AC brand will be effective, efficient, and reliable when installed incorrectly. Refrigeration is such a finite science that all the installer needs to do is not mess up what the engineers designed by poor installation practices and the system will run like a top long-term. What often leads the lesser known brands to garner unfavorable reviews is that the "big name brands" (Carrier, Trane, & Lennox) require a contractor to move a large volume of their product to eligible to be a dealer of their product, so the "part-timers", "on-the-siders", and "fly by night" companies end up (poorly) installing the lesser known brands as that's all that's available to them. It's not the brand, it's many of the people using the brand that are the problem. It's a similar situation to "vicious" dog breeds. Pit Bulls themselves aren't the problem, it's the percentage of Pit Bull owners who buy a Pit Bull because they want an aggressive and intimidating dog, and train it to be so, that are the problem. Goodman makes a quality product for a reasonable price point and provides fantastic product support. In my company we use Goodman as our house brand because we believe in the product, so much so that we offer a complimentary 10 year parts and labour warranty on all installations. I also use a Goodman furnace and AC in my own home (when my 12 year old Carrier furnace failed (heat exchanger), and then when my 7 year old Carrier AC (compressor) failed), again because I believe Goodman to be the best value of any current manufacturer. When you buy an AC with brand recognition, you're paying for the name, nothing more. The reputation of excellence that those brands earned (and deservedly so, they did make a superior product for the longest time) was true in days gone by, but they're now just coasting on that reputation, while still pricing their product as if they were still superior. It's your money, do what you will, but I wouldn't be happy paying more to get less.

Date created: 2014-07-17 Name: Ras Shifflett
Location: Virginia

"Hope it doesn't happen to me"
Just got central heating and air -- a Goodman. I had a Rheem and let me tell you: ten years of hell. Don't buy Rheem. Biggest problem I had they cared less about us the buyer. Another problem: HVAC companies will take all your money. I never found one I trusted. Anyway had this Goodman 2 days. Wish me luck.
Date created: 2014-07-15 Name: John s.

"Horrible unit"
Both me and my mom had Goodman units installed at the same time. Her unit broke one year after install. Technician replaced the pump twice before he got a good one. Two years after installation the blower motor burned up. Now she has a bad control board. Mine broke the first time two years after install. Pump was replaced. Now seven years after install pump has died again and needs replacing. Worst ac I have ever owned.
Date created: 2014-07-09 Name: Dale Watkins
Location: Eastpoint, Fl

"Consumer"
The reviews are not bogus! This company should not be in business! I've had to replace every part on this thing over the years and now starting over with replacing parts. Stay away from this company!
Date created: 2014-07-08 Name: mike waddle
Location: chickamauga geogia

"I will never buy a Goodman brand again"
I will never buy a Goodman brand ever again. My unit is a little over a year old and has broke down twice. I'm having to pay 650 dollars for repairs. Goodman will not cover a manufacture defect
Date created: 2014-07-03 Name: G.Allen
Location: Jacksonville Florida

"Defective product"
I purchased this house on September of 2012. Before I signed the papers the realtor had to have a new Goodman evaporator coil put in. Almost two weeks ago it started freezing and this was after freon was put in and now I have no a/c and no one will help because by the time people got around to the warranty ran out 5 days ago. So now I'm in Florida with no a/c because they want to charge an arm and leg to fix a coil that has a factory defect. It's a shame you can't get proper assistance with their defective product.
Date created: 2014-07-02 Name: L. Hoffman
Location: Naples, Florida

"Even at 50% off, you can't afford this unit!"
We purchased a new home in Oct. '09 and have had numerous ac problems since we moved in. The unit needed repairs almost immediately, adjustments to the installation were made early on. At 4.3 years the inside coil needed replacing, and then the outside coil went only a few weeks later, for over $1000 out-of-pocket in labor. What AC company has a product for sale that is close to being totally replaced before its fifth year? When I apprised Goodman of their (warranteed) coil failures and my labor costs, they told me that "problems can occur" and that I should have bought their "GoodCare Plan." This "plan" was/is unknown to me, and all of my neighbors who are stuck with a Goodman. We've paid and paid for upkeep and maintenance, and will pay whatever it takes to get this GOODMAN unit out of our life the next time it breaks down, which would not surprise us to occur soon...
Date created: 2014-07-02 Name: Stephanie
Location: Orlando, FL

"BEWARE"
My mother's old unit needed a compressor after almost 20 years. She decided it was time for a new unit. She found a good price for a Goodman so I did some research on the product. I found this site during my search. I explained to her that there have been many bad reviews on this product and she should stay away. On the contrary, so insisted she saw the complete opposite (where she found that I'm unsure because everything I read was negative) but she claimed with the right "installers" the unit would work fine. So she went with it anyway. It has now been exactly 21 days since she had this hunk of junk installed and low and behold, it stopped blowing cold last night. Already! I have a feeling she's in for a wild ride with this unit! Review pages like this are available to spare people from making big mistakes. I suggest listening to them!
Date created: 2014-06-30 Name: BARRY WROBLEWSKI
Location: North Port Fl

"GOODMAN IS JUNK PLAIN AND SIMPLE"
We bought our house in 2011 new. It had a Goodman heat pump. It broke down every year until 2014. They told us we would need a new compressor at a cost of $1400 under their so called warranty like putting good money into a black hole. I got smart and replaced it with a new unit. Don't buy Goodman -- it's just plain junk.
Date created: 2014-06-30 Name: GED
Location: MARYLAND

"HAD GOODMAN FOR OVER 18 years"
Goodman! Well I can honestly tell all of you that I have had my a/c unit going strong for ~18 years!. When I ask the a/c servicemen years ago (seasonal check-up) what brand it was, he advised me that it was a Goodman. That being said, I'm convinced that this unit (originally installed when I bought the house back in 1995) when replaced, I will purchase another goodman system. Another thing that I am really top of is yearly maintenance and replacing filters every 90 days. Thinking this might have a lot to do with any system you purchase. Keep up with your maintenance requirements. It's a must! Go Goodman!
<< Previous23456789101112131415161718192021Next >>