Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN central air conditioners

Read more about GOODMAN central air conditioners

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2014-06-10 Name: H. Rouse
Location: kinston, nc

"Goodman high effiency central unit"
I have read the reviews and can truthfully say the following, When I purchased my Goodman product the installer was a reputable dealer who had been in business for 20+ years. He recommended Goodman as the best on the market; durable, easy to maintain, and exactly what we needed. I couldn't be more dissatisfied with the unit and the contractor. The unit freezes up in the winter, and has now blown an in-blower fan motor that can't be found anywhere. The Dealer/contractor can't keep an appointment time, or tell the same story twice in a row as to why it's been a week now that we are without a/C. Everything is still under warranty, money shouldn't be an issue. I know mechanical things break, but help out the people who have supported your product with service and part availability. No more Goodman or our installer for me.

Date created: 2014-06-07 Name: Marilyn
Location: Lillington, NC

"Lasted 12 years"
About 2 years ago I had a capacitor replaced. The compressor just went out. My unit lasted 12 years. I did yearly maintenance on it. I also keep my thermostat at about 78 or above in the summer and 65 or below in the winter. My monthly bill averaged $80.00 for a 1000 square foot house.

Date created: 2014-06-04 Name: MItchell Abernathy
Location: Nashville,Tn

"Not a happy customer"
The day we received our unit they left it at the end of our driveway. We only had the unit for a week and it stopped working and apparently it had a freon leak. That was May 10th and its June 4 and we still haven't received the part to fix our unit. They keep you on hold forever. I am not happy with the service and if I could go back I would not choose this company or recommend them to anyone else

Date created: 2014-06-03 Name: Kathleen W.
Location: Dallas, TX

"Goodman AC"
I have a 2002 Goodman system that has had minimal problems. In the last five years, I have only replaced the capacitor at a cost of $125.00. It's so true about the install. Some contractors think Goodman is junk and install it in a shoddy way.

Date created: 2014-05-30 Name: s. kubiak
Location: Tn.

"Central unit"
Unit worked about a year I have had 4 service calls about $800 of refrigerant and labor. My fifth call to a new repairman said the copper evaporator coil needs replaced because of leaks by one made of aluminium cost $619 and 10% of those he has replaced leaked. How is that for a knight mare. Congrats Tx. No regulations in your state so this is what we get from products made there. The next time you vote to succeed from the union you have my vote.

Date created: 2014-05-29 Name: Bob
Location: Ohio

"New cars"
Well you thinks it's the brand, sometimes it may be but I find not as often as a you may think. Here is a typical call on my business phone, my ac isn't working when can you get here? I'm out in a hour or two and change your filter! Thanks for the trip charge! Call two: My furnace shut down!! I'm out in a hour or two and change your filter! Thanks for the trip charge! Vines growning on your condensing unit outside? Weeds and grass as tall as a 3 year old blocking the air flow around it make for a very profitable year for me! What would Chevy or Ford do for your blown motor on your one year old car because you never changed the oil? Just a thought!

Date created: 2014-05-21 Name: G.M.
Location: NJ

"Contractor"
First off in my opinion homeowners that blame the equipment for failing, when it wasn't installed properly are morons! The parts in a Goodman are the same in a Trane, American Standard, etc. If you hire low life contractors to do the work, and they don't install it properly, who's fault is that, cheapo? Unfortunately, I'm sure you go though life in the same way. It's always someone else's fought. As far as the warranty, they will honor it as long as it meets there requirements, as with any warranty. If you hire drunks to install it, and they do a crappy job, then they will not. Would you? Have a great day!

Date created: 2014-05-13 Name: B. Donato
Location: Central Virginia

"Goodman/Janitrol Stinks"
The Janitrol name went away but the problems continue...the units we have have failed several times leading to numerous expenses...as soon as possible we will upgrade to another brand.

Date created: 2014-05-09 Name: Jamie Harris
Location: Greenville In

"Bad unit"
Purchased a home almost 4 years ago, bought our Goodman unit brand new. First winter the heat pump went out, first summer the outside unit froze up and the compressor went out, last summer the mother board went out and this year the outside unit is out again. Lennox units are not good either but I would get one of those over another Goodman unit. I am calling Goodman to let them know the whole unit should be replaced they are crap. You would be better off getting window units.

Date created: 2014-05-09 Name: L.Smith
Location: Chesapeake. VA

"Don't buy Goodman"
Bought Sept 2012 $6300.00. ~5/06/2014 not even 2 yrs old bad compressor. They don't cover labor 715.00 to fix it. 6300.00 one would think it would last longer than a year and a half. Don't waste your money. I'll buy a window unit before I ever buy a Goodman again.

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>