Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN central air conditioners

Read more about GOODMAN central air conditioners

1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2016-09-23 Name: R. Harrell
Location: Sebastian, FL

"Terrible!"
Cheaply made and had broken parts when installed. Had to replace it after 5 months!

Date created: 2016-09-06 Name: Denise Beland
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

"Not happy"
We got this model installed in 2015. We were told it was very quiet. It's the noisiest machine I've ever heard. We can't sit on the patio and enjoy a conversation because of the noise from this model. Our old Lennox was so quiet but it lost its coolant and we were told we had to get a new one. Goodman was recommended and I am so unsatisfied with it. I will recommend to my family and friends to stay away from Goodman. It's sad to have a nice patio but not so nice when we can't talk.

Date created: 2016-08-24 Name: Stan Hatfield
Location: Sun City West, AZ

"Top air conditioning unit"
We purchased the Goodman air conditioning unit through our Home Owners insurance policy three years ago. We've been noticing that the unit was making a loud noise so we called the air conditioning service company that we bought the unit from and had install the unit. They replaced the compressor and a part that controls the fan at a cost of $400 for labor. They are planning to come back to replace a circuit board and we're not sure what that will cost. The parts are under warranty, but not the labor. The unit is still making loud noises and we are very concerned that the unit will continue to cost us money until it is replaced. We feel that we got a "lemon" and there is not too much we can do about it. We contacted the bbb and were only able to send a complaint/review. We plan to tell everyone we know, including the Home Insurance Company. Stay away from Goodman, it's junk!

Date created: 2016-08-16 Name: Jose Herrera
Location: Houston, TX

"Goodman coil model #CHPF486006"
Stay away from Goodman AC products. I recently had to replace a horizontal coil unit that lasted 6 years from the previous replacement. It was 1 year over the 5 year warranty. The model is CHPF486006. I went through this 6 years ago, spending $1400 in parts and labor and now another $1400 to replace it again. The unit apparently had been leaking R22 refrigerant for some time. I spent over $400 just a month ago addressing the leak as well. I'm reading crucial info from many with the same issue a little to late. I wasn't aware of the Class suit against them for their faulty products and service to consumers and the environment.

Date created: 2016-08-15 Name: james adams
Location: West Palm Beach, FL

"2nd unit, same issues"
We had one unit installed 2013 and after 36 repair bills Goodman replaced the unit for the 2nd time. Now, 3 months later, it's down again. I would never buy from Goodman again. Beware.

Date created: 2016-08-08 Name: C. Bennett
Location: Myrtle Beach, SC

"Good for what they are - Cheap"
Let's face it. You generally do get what you pay for. Unit for unit, Goodmans sell for much less than their competitors. That's why they are favored by new home contractors. Unfortunately, they are just not going to have the longevity of some of the competition. Local HVAC techs tell me to expect them to last 5-10 years in our environment vs 10-15 years for higher end models. Mine have lasted me for 10 years, and I'm having to replace both of them. Not unhappy with what I had. They performed well and lasted longer than average but I am moving to a higher end manufacturer.

Date created: 2016-08-08 Name: G Hinks

"Gmc"
Piece of junk! Purchased new last year and replaced the compressor twice already. Stay away!

Date created: 2016-08-01 Name: Jon
Location: Trenton, OH

"Bad, bad, bad"
Bought a Goodman AC and heater in 2008. Replaced inside coil in 2010. Was first told no warranty. That didn't happen. Had the coil replaced. Now 8 years later I'm having a Lennox installed. This is poor workmanship at its best. Will never recommend this product. I'm not disgruntled. I usually don't write reviews and if I do I do only positive, but I don't want to see others waste their money like me.

Date created: 2016-08-01 Name: lois keating
Location: Chandler, AZ

16 months old, the motor burned out. 110 degree day, I have to wait for a new part. What a piece of junk. Did not save 10 cents on the utility bill; in fact, it was higher with the A/C.

Date created: 2016-07-28 Name: Donita harris
Location: Tuscaloosa, AL

"922 pm"
Moved into house in 2008, a brand new home. It's now 2016. First service call this year, it worked for less than a week then it went completely out. I know things don't last forever but...Warranty out in 5 years. Thought it would have lasted longer.

1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>