Consumer Reviews of Goodman central air conditioners

Read more about Goodman central air conditioners

1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2018-06-02 Name: Lesley
Location: Florida

"Really angry about this air conditioner"
I just bought a completely gutted and renovated home less than 1 year ago and the air conditioner was 2 years old. Just broke and now we are waiting for of all things a motor. I'm in Florida it's hot and I'm pissed. Why should such a new unit break already? We've been 4 days without air conditioning and probably won't have it for another 4 days. Would never buy this brand again I wish they had installed a Trane or Rheem air conditioner. My contractor says he chose it cause it's made in the USA. That is preferable of course but quality would be preferable to something domestic made.

Date created: 2018-05-15 Name: Brian
Location: Utah

"ONE OF THE UNIT'S ON THE MARKET"
I have been reading most of the reviews, I wonder why people are so stupid in hiring a fly by night guy to install a furnace /a/C. Goodman is one of the best name brands on the market TODAY.Goodman Manufacturing is a member of the Daikin Group, the world's largest manufacturer of Heating, Ventilation and air Conditioning products and systems. It's all in the install guys. I love mine.
Date created: 2018-05-15 Name: Melissa M
Location: Texas

"Don't waste your money"
Do not purchase Goodman products. Had a brand new unit (inside and outside) installed in January 2018. This past weekend it stopped cooling and the outside unit froze up. The technician found a leak in the coils in the indoor unit. Parts are covered under warranty so that's something. But the almost $1000 in freon we've had to shell out in the last few days because of the leak in the coil is not covered. But the girl I talked to from Goodman told me "sorry, it's not covered." In a very polite manner. That's about all the good I can say.
Date created: 2018-04-18 Name: Kenneth Elflein
Location: Select an Option

"Goodman is Not Close to Being Good!"
Goodman will not back up their 5 year parts or 10 year warranty. Just spent $600 for a capacitor and 5 pounds of freon. The serviceman told me "My condolences" when I told him I had a Goodman. Saving now for a new ac unit that will not be a Goodman piece of junk!
Date created: 2017-11-09 Name: R Chance
Location: Roxboro, NC

"You won't be happy"
4 $300+ houses, side by side, came with Goodman HVAC. Built 07 & 08, all have had to be replaced. I paid $390,000 in '12 and have replaced both units. Cheap, but not a good buy.
Date created: 2017-09-23 Name: MELISSA BENNETT
Location: Laurinburg, NC

"BUY ANOTHER BRAND"
We had ours installed May 2016, Paid $5500 mind you. This past week, it was not cooling. The guy came to service it said they have had the same problem with several of their goodman units. He said the manufacturer is doing a crappy job making these. He had to drain the freon out and solder a copper line, then refill with freon, costing me a small fortune(that I yet to pay pending a call or email from Goodman). I appreciate the 10 year part warranty, but if its an original defect from the company, why should I have to pay for this? I am seriously considering a class action law suit if I can get enough people on board. This is ridiculous.
Date created: 2017-08-14 Name: Julie
Location: Raleigh, NC

"OMG - I'm in trouble"
I have a Goodman, there when I purchased, and I am having the worse time. House, only 7 yrs old. For the last 3 years I have had problems. Just last week, coil and other items replaced and the unit is out again. 3 years having problems and so much money spent! Why are they allowed to rob people of their hard earnings. They should be sued for this crap they sale to people. Builders should not install these units. I can't even afford to replace it. The builders are going on blast too, for installing such crap. They too are partly responsible.
Date created: 2017-08-11 Name: L. Sullivan
Location: St. Petersburg, FL

"Don't Buy"
I had a new a/c system installed 7 years ago and I have had nothing but problems ever since. It breaks down every few months. They keep replacing the parts but I've probably paid in labor costs over 7 yrs what a whole new system would cost! That doesn't include the time I have to take off from work several times a year when the unit fails.
Date created: 2017-08-10 Name: Jenny Giallanza
Location: Sacramento, CA

"Worst company ever"
Three compressors from the first unit. Second unit installed reluctantly from Goodman. Less than one year later the compressor fails again. Goodman said they'll repair it....take it or leave it. We left it. Good riddance to this crap company
Date created: 2017-08-08 Name: M. Kelly
Location: Alabama

"Should be called"
We purchased a Goodman a/c unit in May 2017 and two months later the compressor went out. I called the company and they said that it basically was my problem. It just so happened to go out on the hottest day of the year and we have a five month old baby. Horrible-Horrible experience!!!
1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>