Consumer Reviews of Goodman central air conditioners

Read more about Goodman central air conditioners

1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2019-07-16 Name: Bob McReynolds
Location: Texas

"Goodman ACs are JUNK!"
I purchased a brand new custom built home in 2014. The builder installed a Goodman ac and failed to tell me about registering to get the 10-year warranty. Just before the 5-year default warranty ran out the inside unit coil started to leak. Goodman has refused to honor the 5-year warranty to replace the coil because they are going by the manufacturer date which was in 2013. They refuse to accept my closing settlement statement as proof of the new home purchase date. Unless you register they don't even honor the true 5-year warranty. I have never dealt with such terrible customer service! Ac serviceman that found the leak told me Goodman ACs were complete junk and that I would save money in the long run by replacing the complete system.

Date created: 2019-05-26 Name: mike fakhar
Location: Florida

"Buzzing Breaker"
If you are having a buzzing noise inside your house, or a buzzing noise from the breaker inside the house, the problem might be with your a/c unit if you have a later model Goodman a/c unit. I have a Goodman 16 series, 5 ton, and only 5 months old (bought in Jan 2019). When the a/c would turn on, it would make a funny noise, followed by the breaker making noises. I had one electrician tell me I needed to change my breaker, which did not solve my problem. Another electrician told me to change the whole box. The problem ended up being with the a/C. The capacitor was bad and needed to be replaced completely. Only a $20 fix. Make sure to check this out if you are having a similar problem, my a/c would turn on and cool no problem but it was taking longer for the capacitor to kick
Date created: 2019-05-03 Name: John Reynolds
Location: Antioch, TN

I have a Goodman unit that is less than a year old and is not working anymore. I'm going to try and have them make things right and intend to give them the benefit of the doubt. I had a Trane before and it worked without ever having a tuneup for the twenty years I had at a previous house and assume it's still working! Please Goodman prove me wrong!
Date created: 2019-04-19 Name: shannon
Location: Kings Mountain, NC

I installed a new unit for about 7 years ago. Since then I have replaced 2 compressors 3 blower fans and a capacitor. Also replaced a circuit board does to it burning up. Now I just got word that my indoor coil is leaking and also a small leak elsewhere in the outside, so done with this. Will be trashing and buying a new unit, but sure not a Goodman. Sad when you spent your hard earned money on a product with constant failures.
Date created: 2019-04-19 Name: JC Comeau
Location: Palm Bay, FL

"Dealer or Goodman?"
Had a package unit install at of Oct 2018 with all new duct work. The first problem was the electrical junction box outside melted. The unit was icing up and could not keep home cool, still having problem with the unit since Jan 2019. Keep calling Palm Bay Air and Heat that installed it and they keep blaming other problems that had nothing to do with the install or unit?? I've repeatedly told serviceman that the airflow is low unit is icing up? I think they have no idea what the problem is or do they? The blower motor was replaced but still no airflow? Still today I have to put a fan inside the unit to try to keep the home cool. Is it bad equipment or bad install? Contacted Goodman and was told to call dealer as they have no control over dealers, what??? Coming to the end of April and still have no service!!! Who trains and regulates these people?
Date created: 2018-12-07 Name: Soni
Location: Birmingham

"Technician here"
First, the post below is not accurate. I have never seen flame sensors continually break nor hot surface igniters constantly break on any furnace and that includes Goodman. This is obviously from an untrained technician or handyman. Second, every unit made has bad reviews but what about the good reviews? Rarely does anyone write those. Ok, local distributors will not warranty parts from online purchases at all. Just do your homework and find a reputable contractor. I work on plenty of old ass Goodman’s that are still cooling and heating just fine. Buy the best parts and labor warranty you can afford
Date created: 2018-11-07 Name: spenncer kneeland
Location: Key West, FL

"Goodman ac"
Sent me a unit that had no gas in it. Come to find out, condenser had a leak. Gave us new condenser, but had to pay another $1,500 to repair.
Date created: 2018-09-14 Name: G.Bairgvist
Location: Birmingham , AL

"If you love fixing it"
If you're a handyman, you can save by buying your own Goodman hvac unit/equipment online. But don't expect more than a 5 year parts warranty (unless you're nate certified) because they won't honor their warranties past 5 years for do it your selfers. Their equipment can save you money, but it costs- example- don't expect their evap coils to last longer than 8 years. They make them from aluminum vs copper to save money, but they also perforate easier and in less time. Compressors - from my experience you can expect a Goodman compressor to last 5-8 years. Cheaper to just buy a new $1,500 outdoor unit than repair it. Heat exchangers - I don't recommend a Goodman gas furnace - they require alot of maintenance - commonly the igniter will break (buy a half dozen of those), the flame sensor breaks (buy a half dozen of them also). The circuit board ( have an extra on hand also) will go out when it is 13 degrees on Friday night. Been there done that on all of the above. Goodman's don't hold up like Carrier, but then you can't buy carrier online as easy as you can Goodman units and Carrier costs more, but you can expect 20 years without even a service call with a good Carrier unit. It all depends if you're a fix-it guy. If you are, you can save with Goodman. If you're not, you're gonna pay the same as a Carrier, just over time rather than up front, plus the headache of needing a service tech at 2 am Sunday morning when it is 3 degrees outside. Been there.
Date created: 2018-09-11 Name: Kaye Williams
Location: Texas

"Goodman should be renamed Badman"
I just had a home built from the ground up, after much sacrificing and saving for years. The builder used Goodman ac units for the bottom and top floors. The top floor unit gave me issues from the day I moved in and the repair guy had to come like 3 three times before he finally was able to "rig" it up enough to work. That should have been enough to send me running to the builder to exchange the units out with another brand, but I thought it was mostly the repair guy, because he was saying those are not very good units, blah blah blah, so I just chalked it up to him being a lazy, money hungry dude, but looks like now he was right, because now the other unit was blowing hot air this week and a trusted ac repairman came and told me the damn thing has a leak causing the Freon to disappear. I can't recall the name of the part because I am at work right now and don't have my receipt here with me. But whatever the case, maybe it is too early for anything to be broken or worn out, as I have only been in the home 3 years! This is ridiculous. And some kind of warranty they have because they pay for the part, but I am responsible for the labor and Freon, which is around $650.00. Man, I really dislike this company. I will never buy any of their products again and advise you to do the same.
Date created: 2018-08-08 Name: Pamela
Location: Houston, TX

"Compressor went out in 1 year!"
I bought a 300k town home that had a Goodman ac installed. I cannot believe after 1 year the compressor went out! These things are supposed to last for 15 years or more! Warranty does cover it, but not the labor, which cost me $1000! If I had the money, I would have just got another brand!!!
1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>