Consumer Reviews of Goodman central air conditioners

Read more about Goodman central air conditioners

1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2018-09-14 Name: G.Bairgvist
Location: Birmingham , AL

"If you love fixing it"
If you're a handyman, you can save by buying your own Goodman hvac unit/equipment online. But don't expect more than a 5 year parts warranty (unless you're nate certified) because they won't honor their warranties past 5 years for do it your selfers. Their equipment can save you money, but it costs- example- don't expect their evap coils to last longer than 8 years. They make them from aluminum vs copper to save money, but they also perforate easier and in less time. Compressors - from my experience you can expect a Goodman compressor to last 5-8 years. Cheaper to just buy a new $1,500 outdoor unit than repair it. Heat exchangers - I don't recommend a Goodman gas furnace - they require alot of maintenance - commonly the igniter will break (buy a half dozen of those), the flame sensor breaks (buy a half dozen of them also). The circuit board ( have an extra on hand also) will go out when it is 13 degrees on Friday night. Been there done that on all of the above. Goodman's don't hold up like Carrier, but then you can't buy carrier online as easy as you can Goodman units and Carrier costs more, but you can expect 20 years without even a service call with a good Carrier unit. It all depends if you're a fix-it guy. If you are, you can save with Goodman. If you're not, you're gonna pay the same as a Carrier, just over time rather than up front, plus the headache of needing a service tech at 2 am Sunday morning when it is 3 degrees outside. Been there.

Date created: 2018-09-11 Name: Kaye Williams
Location: Texas

"Goodman should be renamed Badman"
I just had a home built from the ground up, after much sacrificing and saving for years. The builder used Goodman ac units for the bottom and top floors. The top floor unit gave me issues from the day I moved in and the repair guy had to come like 3 three times before he finally was able to "rig" it up enough to work. That should have been enough to send me running to the builder to exchange the units out with another brand, but I thought it was mostly the repair guy, because he was saying those are not very good units, blah blah blah, so I just chalked it up to him being a lazy, money hungry dude, but looks like now he was right, because now the other unit was blowing hot air this week and a trusted ac repairman came and told me the damn thing has a leak causing the Freon to disappear. I can't recall the name of the part because I am at work right now and don't have my receipt here with me. But whatever the case, maybe it is too early for anything to be broken or worn out, as I have only been in the home 3 years! This is ridiculous. And some kind of warranty they have because they pay for the part, but I am responsible for the labor and Freon, which is around $650.00. Man, I really dislike this company. I will never buy any of their products again and advise you to do the same.
Date created: 2018-08-08 Name: Pamela
Location: Houston, TX

"Compressor went out in 1 year!"
I bought a 300k town home that had a Goodman ac installed. I cannot believe after 1 year the compressor went out! These things are supposed to last for 15 years or more! Warranty does cover it, but not the labor, which cost me $1000! If I had the money, I would have just got another brand!!!
Date created: 2018-06-23 Name: Bill
Location: North Carolina

"Works great"
I have had my Goodman 20 years no problems I have installed 2 more Goodman’s on my rental property’s 10 years ago no problem s I guess you younger generation needs to appreciate things more have a good day.
Date created: 2018-06-21 Name: Ted Dillman
Location: Louisville, KY

"Defunct warranty"
Bought new house in 2009, 2 Goodman units installed. Within the first year I was having trouble with downstairs unit. The board was bad, gas line connect was not installed properly. Upstairs started leaking frown r22 after about 5 years. But, of course that 60 day registration, that my builder forgot to tell me about took effect. So Goodman would not stand by there product !!! You either get the warranty or you don't. They pride themselves with this little tactic. There product is a joke and so are the personnel, not customer friendly. I do not recommend Goodman product. Thanks
Date created: 2018-06-02 Name: Lesley
Location: Florida

"Really angry about this air conditioner"
I just bought a completely gutted and renovated home less than 1 year ago and the air conditioner was 2 years old. Just broke and now we are waiting for of all things a motor. I'm in Florida it's hot and I'm pissed. Why should such a new unit break already? We've been 4 days without air conditioning and probably won't have it for another 4 days. Would never buy this brand again I wish they had installed a Trane or Rheem air conditioner. My contractor says he chose it cause it's made in the USA. That is preferable of course but quality would be preferable to something domestic made.
Date created: 2018-05-15 Name: Brian
Location: Utah

"ONE OF THE UNIT'S ON THE MARKET"
I have been reading most of the reviews, I wonder why people are so stupid in hiring a fly by night guy to install a furnace /a/C. Goodman is one of the best name brands on the market TODAY.Goodman Manufacturing is a member of the Daikin Group, the world's largest manufacturer of Heating, Ventilation and air Conditioning products and systems. It's all in the install guys. I love mine.
Date created: 2018-05-15 Name: Melissa M
Location: Texas

"Don't waste your money"
Do not purchase Goodman products. Had a brand new unit (inside and outside) installed in January 2018. This past weekend it stopped cooling and the outside unit froze up. The technician found a leak in the coils in the indoor unit. Parts are covered under warranty so that's something. But the almost $1000 in freon we've had to shell out in the last few days because of the leak in the coil is not covered. But the girl I talked to from Goodman told me "sorry, it's not covered." In a very polite manner. That's about all the good I can say.
Date created: 2018-04-18 Name: Kenneth Elflein
Location: Select an Option

"Goodman is Not Close to Being Good!"
Goodman will not back up their 5 year parts or 10 year warranty. Just spent $600 for a capacitor and 5 pounds of freon. The serviceman told me "My condolences" when I told him I had a Goodman. Saving now for a new ac unit that will not be a Goodman piece of junk!
Date created: 2017-11-09 Name: R Chance
Location: Roxboro, NC

"You won't be happy"
4 $300+ houses, side by side, came with Goodman HVAC. Built 07 & 08, all have had to be replaced. I paid $390,000 in '12 and have replaced both units. Cheap, but not a good buy.
1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>