Consumer Reviews of GIBSON central air conditioners

Read more about GIBSON central air conditioners

Date created: 2008-08-24 Name: Douglas Nicely
Location: Chattanooga, Tennessee

"DISTRICT MANAGER"
I have only owned this unit for four months. the first day I turned it on it was making a roaring sound. I called for service and they said the indoor fan motor was out of balance so it had to be replaced I have called service out again for the same problem and they put rubber mats underneath the A/C unit. Still having the same problem today. I was told that this unit was made by Frigidaire and it was just as good. I just don't think so because it has been nothing but a piece of junk.

Date created: 2008-07-30 Name: P. M SANTOS
Location: Dallas, TX

"KNOCK ON WOOD NO PROBLEMS"
Installed almost 3 years not one problem lowered air conditioning bills, big improvement

Date created: 2008-07-28 Name: C. Gyorkos
Location: West Point, CA

"Gibson AC & Heating Unit"
Just found out that our furnace was malfunctioning which could have caused a fire and carbon monoxide poisoning and that the compressor on the air conditioning unit is not functioning properly. We're scared of having it replaced with the same but cannot afford to invest in another. Contractor recommended it and we trusted him. He is doing everything to try to fix the problem but we're still scared!!! Don't know how long it's going to take to fix and we're preparing for sweltering weather. Not good. May have to contact a consumer protection agency. Don't invest in this one.

Date created: 2008-07-10 Name: Tony Chuck
Location: Beach Haven, NJ

"Mr anthony chuck"
I live at the beach and my compressor is deteriorating, my neighbor bought his unit at the same time and its ok, who should I call?

Date created: 2008-07-07 Name: J. Smith

"Never Again!!!"
My new Gibson unit did not last one week before it had to have a new compressor. Last year I had to replace my compressor again (after only two years). Today is the final straw. My compressor is out again after only one year. Sure it is under warranty. It still costs me $600 in labor not to mention the aggravation. Never again

Date created: 2008-06-30 Name: M. Nitschke
Location: Amarillo, TX

"What a piece of junk"
Coming up on the first anniversary of the new addition to our home, which was high end in every other respect except this one. Had we known what we were in for we would have upgraded to a decent brand name. Last Saturday it ran all day and the temperature rose to 83 degrees inside. The contractor shrugs his shoulders after not finding anything wrong. We have r19 in the walls and r38 In the ceiling and have all windows treated with reflective film, yet we swelter.

Date created: 2008-06-14 Name: CAROLE

"gibson central air"
This is the worst nightmare. Unitís compressor failed and I am still waiting two weeks later for a replacement. This is in the heat wave of up to 100 degrees, upstairs of my home is in the high 90'S. Totally unacceptable and may have to replace the unit which cost $6k and spend another $6k plus. A consumer law suit should be filed by all with this manufacturer. The note below is correct, my home is high end and installer had no right to offer this below standard unit.

Date created: 2008-06-10 Name: G. Grizzard
Location: Clarksville, TN

"Ms."
This unit was a nightmare. In four years it was repaired 5 times. We just spent quite a bit of money to replace the entire system. I would never, ever consider a Gibson unit again and I would definitely discourage anyone from buying one.

Date created: 2008-06-08 Name: C Wright
Location: Darlington, SC

"Huggins Heat & Air sold me a LEMON!!"
The System cost me $5500 to have installed in 2002. Last week, it stopped cooling. The coil had leaks in it. The tech tried to solder it. Its pretty much toast. I called Huggins Heating and Air and they quoted me 1500 to fix the coil, and it still may not work, and 3400 for a new system. I only got 6 years out of a 5500 investment. I donít see why one piece goes out and the whole system is fried?? Iím going with another system altogether and a warranty that will cover it. Because if one item breaks, it drives your repair cost up into the thousands.

Date created: 2008-05-22 Name: K.Nagy
Location: NJ

"pleased"
I had 2 separate 2 1/2 Ton units put in my Bi-Level House. Cools very fast and the outside units are quiet