Consumer Reviews of GIBSON central air conditioners

Read more about GIBSON central air conditioners

Date created: 2009-04-24 Name: GIBSON

"Proud of my Gibson"
I had a Gibson installed in 2007 after eight years of using York. Not to bash York, but I had more than 30 documented calls to the installer. After three years of their incompetence and inability to fix the system, I gave up. They insisted that heat pumps can only do what they can do. Worst experience possible. I love my Gibson and the installer seemed to do a very thorough job. Go Gibson!

Date created: 2008-09-11 Name: B. Kinser
Location: FL

"Gibson A/C Unit"
Bought 5 Ton 16 months ago, and the compressor died on us. The compressor replacement costs for labor is over $600 here in fl. The manufacturer for the compressor is Copeland, which I understand is a commonly installed compressor in other manufacturers. American Standard builds their own compressors. Stay away from Gibson, they suck!
Date created: 2008-09-10 Name: Daniel Petterson
Location: Charleston, SC

"Really bad service"
Total crap! Cools good when compressor(S) are working. We have had to replace at least two. If we replace the freon (twice every summer) we have cool air. But! We have been paying $400-600 a year just to keep cool. Refuse this product. Any salesman that tries to sell you a Gibson is not your friend.
Date created: 2008-09-04 Name: Kurt
Location: Encinitas, CA

"Nightmare"
Purchased a 4Ton 10seer Gibson unit two years ago. It died a week ago (bad compressor). The original installer is now out of business. The warranty on the compressor is 5 years... but... finding an installer to do the warranty swap is a nightmare. It will cost (est) $800+ labor to replace the compressor...plus I need to purchase the new compressor ($500) myself and file a claim to Nordyne to get reimbursed. Everyone I talk to now says to avoid this brand...I Agree!
Date created: 2008-09-04 Name: Dennis Kohajda
Location: Windsor, PA

"Indoor coil"
I'm not happy with my Gibson unit. I have only had this unit for 2 1/2 years and the indoor coil is already leaking. The best thing is that it has been 1 one month and the service contractor who installed the unit has not replaced it. As of Sep 1, 2008, he said it will most likely be 6 more days until they get the coil. They blame Gibson for not sending them the coil they say they are too busy making other coils for more up to date units. My unit is only 2 1/2 years old and it is considered out of date. The only good thing is the unit is still under warranty. Who knows it might not be by the time the coil is installed. How is that for the care of a warranty customer.
Date created: 2008-09-03 Name: RITA ADKINS
Location: Gulfport, Miss.

"CLIMATE CONTROL/ GULFPORT MISS."
Was installed last week and already have had the repairman out twice and he is due out again today. It does not cut off when it reaches the target temp. My power bills will be out the roof! It hums and takes forever to reach the target temp!
Date created: 2008-08-24 Name: Douglas Nicely
Location: Chattanooga, Tennessee

"DISTRICT MANAGER"
I have only owned this unit for four months. the first day I turned it on it was making a roaring sound. I called for service and they said the indoor fan motor was out of balance so it had to be replaced I have called service out again for the same problem and they put rubber mats underneath the A/C unit. Still having the same problem today. I was told that this unit was made by Frigidaire and it was just as good. I just don't think so because it has been nothing but a piece of junk.
Date created: 2008-07-30 Name: P. M SANTOS
Location: Dallas, TX

"KNOCK ON WOOD NO PROBLEMS"
Installed almost 3 years not one problem lowered air conditioning bills, big improvement
Date created: 2008-07-28 Name: C. Gyorkos
Location: West Point, CA

"Gibson AC & Heating Unit"
Just found out that our furnace was malfunctioning which could have caused a fire and carbon monoxide poisoning and that the compressor on the air conditioning unit is not functioning properly. We're scared of having it replaced with the same but cannot afford to invest in another. Contractor recommended it and we trusted him. He is doing everything to try to fix the problem but we're still scared!!! Don't know how long it's going to take to fix and we're preparing for sweltering weather. Not good. May have to contact a consumer protection agency. Don't invest in this one.
Date created: 2008-07-10 Name: Tony Chuck
Location: Beach Haven, NJ

"Mr anthony chuck"
I live at the beach and my compressor is deteriorating, my neighbor bought his unit at the same time and its ok, who should I call?