Consumer Reviews of GIBSON central air conditioners

Read more about GIBSON central air conditioners

Date created: 2010-12-09 Name: B , Stanfield
Location: Tampa ,fl

"Hunk of S--t"
This was a waste of money we had to have it fixed every time you turned on the heat the power boared would short out. Two time's it was covered but the other times it wasn't. We got no satisfaction from them so we got a TRANE now we have heat and cool . Gibson! WASTE OF MONEY.

Date created: 2010-08-04 Name: Kenneth Ford

"AC Review"
Simply put -- unit is a piece of junk. Have had unit for 5 years with constant leaks and now a bad compressor. Owners of Gibson ac units should be given their money back.
Date created: 2010-07-12 Name: Brad

"Mobile Home"
Unit works great.
Date created: 2010-07-07 Name: C. Smith

"Capacitors failed after warranty expired"
I have two Gibson condensers manufactured by Nordyne that are just over two years old. The capacitor in the first one failed after being in service for just over a year. And now, the second unit has just suffered the same fate. The capacitor is that part of the unit that is guaranteed for only one year.
Date created: 2010-06-27 Name: A. Rye

"gibson condensing unit"
1st unit was a Lennox and it lasted 10 years. Replaced with a Gibson 5 ton unit. It has broken down 5 times in 4 years! Leaking coils, and 2 locked up compressors! This weekend 98 degrees and let down again!!! Again, another burnt up compressor. Do not buy Gibson!!! Gibson is absolutely garbage!!!!!
Date created: 2010-06-13 Name: Jesus Santana

"JS5BD"
My compressor is not working good, stopped and needed 3 hours to turn on. No cool air. Air is hot. I need to buy one compressor. In my case, warranty is done. I like my Gibson ac system.
Date created: 2010-06-04 Name: Harold Deese

"Home owner"
Bought a new garden home in 2005. It had a Gibson central air unit. Today, I had to replace it with a new Carrier. The Gibson never did cool like it should have in 5 years and it died. Cost me 70250.00 to replace it. We feel that it should have lasted longer. We live in a subdivision, Alavon, there the builder used Gibson nearly in all the homes. Won't ever use Gibson again or recommend.
Date created: 2010-05-27 Name: M. Smith

"Gibson 2-ton- -R-22"
Finally gave out. Condensor motor went out...replaced it, and following day the compressor quit. Had to replace the entire unit.
Date created: 2010-04-02 Name: Denver Koon

"Proper Installation Is Critical In HVAC Equipment"
Purchasing HVAC equipment is like buying a computer. There are 4-6 manufacturers of the major components, they are assembled and then Lennox, Carrier, Trane and others put there 'spin' on it to get you to purchase their product. It's no harder to stop a Trane than it is any other brand, simply because they all have the same parts made by the same people and they will fail. It's that simple. Proper installation and maintenance is the key to a problem free HVAC System. A lot of times, the trade people who sell the less expensive brands of equipment are poorly trained or do shoddy work. I suggest you use only licensed contractors, not technicians, and also people who are Accredited Members of the BBB. We sell and install 3 ton Gibson Condensers for $1195.00 and we simply do not have problems with them because we do it right.
Date created: 2010-04-02 Name: F. Tarkington

"Gibson Condenser is Good Investment"
I am a property investor. I have a great relationship with an HVAC Company named Denco who has a location in Houston and DFW. In the 3 years I have used them and bought Gibson condensers, I have had no issues. I really think proper installation is what is critical. As they explained it to me, new equipment should be installed with an in-line filter/drier and the system should be evacuated of all non-condensable gases. I highly recommend Gibson and Denco.