Consumer Reviews of GIBSON central air conditioners

Read more about GIBSON central air conditioners

Date created: 2018-09-07 Name: Earl
Location: Connecticut

"Contractor"
I am a licensed contractor working in the Northeast and have been installing Gibson products for over twenty years. I do not have issues, nor are there many call backs. I don't know who is doing the installs where these complaints are coming from, but almost all of the issues sound installer/installation/service rated, not equipment. My supply houses in Hartford and Springfield are fantastic and their customer service has been great.

Date created: 2018-07-16 Name: S. K.
Location: Michigan

"Junk in 5 1/2 years"
The compressor is junk after 5 years. It was only used for 3-4 months each year, as we live in Michigan. It was sold to us having a 10-year warranty - true - only if customer registers. The HVAC guy said he would send paperwork in, and did not. I called Gibson to see if there was any assistance they would provide because it was within a few months after the 5 year warranty expired and the lady told me, "no, it's past five years". Basically, sorry about your luck.
Date created: 2018-07-13 Name: Michael Albert
Location: Colorado

"Abhorrent Company and Warranty"
I'm certain that I don't think I've been more disappointed in a company or warranty. All of the negative reviews here are completely true - the unit is a lemon, the customer service is complete trash and very rude and condescending. We bought a house earlier this spring, the unit was installed in March - it's already broken down and I've had two companies to come out and indeterminately diagnose the issues going on with it. You can only use a licensed contractor, none of which will come out and can file a claim. Even if they did, it would take up to 90 days for the part to come and we would still have to pay for installation. I guess the best thing to consider is the idea that this company will no longer be in business in 20 years due to their faulty ethics and products. Stay away. If you are buying a house that has this brand of condenser, have a contingency for a different unit being installed beforehand.
Date created: 2018-06-01 Name: jeffery gibson
Location: Dearborn, MI

"Absolute garbage"
Junk junk junk junk. Not even 8 years old and needs to be replace, did I mention its junk if not its junk,
Date created: 2017-02-26 Name: J Geist

"Nothing but problems."
I have had my heat pump central air for about a year. I have nothing but problems. It is losing freon but no one knows where. Everything has been replaced twice. And no one know how to fix it. The guy that installed is the one losing the money due to the fact that Gibson doesn't help him out. The outside unit doesn't work right now so I have been on auxiliary heat all winter and my electric bills have doubled. What a serious waste of money. Will never get another Gibson.
Date created: 2016-09-14 Name: R Cook
Location: Middletown, PA

"Piece of junk"
New 3 years ago. Every year it needs to be refilled. Leaks all the time. This year, 2016, it needed to be refilled two times. It's being replaced now. Nothing but a piece of junk. Gives American businesses a bad name because they are willing to sell junk that they know is junk. Don't buy a Gibson A/C unit, if you do you'll regret it.
Date created: 2016-06-11 Name: W Ledford
Location: Georgia

This unit has been nothing but trouble since we had it put in. And now here it is over 90 degrees and it has gone out again.
Date created: 2016-02-09 Name: D Kissell
Location: Riceville, TN

"Piece of shit, Gibson sold it knowing it was not right"
This unit was installed a year ago. It was sold at ******** in Chattanooga, Tennessee, with them knowing that this model had the problem. When the installer sets Freon pressure for summer it works but as soon as it turns cold you have to let Freon out to get it to run because of high pressure. So when I call ******** they know about the problem already but will do not anything. So as far as I am concerned when you buy Gibson it may work or it may not. It's a piece of shit, you get it as is so good luck
Date created: 2015-12-08 Name: Frank
Location: Johnstown, PA

"Very good units"
I am a professional installer. I have an associate degree in HVAC, I am a Union Plumber. I am a Master Plumber. I also have a degree in electronics. I am reading these reviews and I believe the problems are with the person installing the equipment. If it is installed wrong, or undersized or oversized, then the equipment will not last. I am sure the home owners had a lack of quality service done on the equipment. Leaks in the line sets are problems with the installer. Equipment that is installed correctly should never leak refrigerant gas, aka Freon. Do your homework before having equipment installed. Ask around who people recommend.
Date created: 2015-12-07 Name: G.D.Smith
Location: Lebanon, TN

"12/07/2015"
We purchased the unit for our house 9 years ago and have had more than 20 service calls at $80.00 apiece plus labor. The dealer we bought the units from went out of business right after we purchased the units. The only thing that we have not replaced on our unit is the circuit board and the outer cage. We have contacted 15 different companies and no one will honor our full parts and labor warranty that we paid extra for and says that Nordyne will not pay them for their labor. Now our other unit at my mom's house has a fried circuit board and we are being billed for the full labor cost in spite of the fact that we also paid extra for a full warranty for her unit as well. ($300.00 each) We have been unable to find anyone that will honor our warranty. What a loss!