Consumer Reviews of Frigidaire central air conditioners

Read more about Frigidaire central air conditioners

Date created: 2014-08-09 Name: Mike Bolton
Location: Houston Texas

"Piece of JUNK!"
Moved into a new house 2010, all three units have been replaced, one even twice! Please pass along any information regarding lawsuits. I will never spend a another dollar on Frigidaire on any family of their products! Run, run, and don't turn back!

Date created: 2014-08-07 Name: Mark
Location: Marrero, LA

"Frigidare Stinks Buy Payne"
Frigidare/Nordyne are a fortune 500 company with no heart, I bought their unit back on November of 2005 the worst mistake I ever made in my life, I should have bought the Payne unit it is the sister company to Carrier. My last unit was 14 years old it would still be running if hurricane Katrina had not taken it out. Frigidare/nordyne units came highly recommended by several a/c companies here in the new orleans area, and it came with a ten-year warranty those two things are what sold me. I have a very sick daughter in our house and she has an incurable blood disease, which causes blood clots through out her body, she also has reactive lung disease with chronic asthma. When I first called Nordyne and they told me the outside unit only came with a 8 year warranty I pleaded with the woman on the phone about the situation my wife and I were in with our daughter it was like they did not care our unit had just past the warranty about 2 months prior and I qoute they tell me “we adhere to our policies with no exceptions”, this much I promise this entire country will know just what kind of heartless company Frigidare/Nordyne are running after I get done posting this on the internet, and be assured if anything happens to our daughter I will inform all of the news stations down here about the treatment we received from Frigidare/Nordyne and how heartless their company was to our situation.
Date created: 2014-06-02 Name: Larry Bagley
Location: grant, alabama

"Frigidaire is just piece of junk"
Purchased 3 Frigidaire units (one being a heat pump) and have had nothing but problems. These things are a just a piece of junk. The large main unit, 5 ton, has had the inside and outside coil replaced and I find out today that it needs a new coil again after being replace two years ago. At one time last summer all three (3) units were down at the same time. Had to replace the inside coil on the heat pump. I am replacing the main unit this summer with something that is reliable. The units were first used in the summer of 2008 and have been worked on every year including 2008 since they were installed. Even had to replace the entire unit on one of the three in 2010. Like I said these units are just a piece of junk. I also understand that Frigidaire has admitted that the condensers were faulty. Does anyone know if there is a class action lawsuit regarding Frigidaire? If not there should be.
Date created: 2014-05-21 Name: F Martin
Location: Birmingham, Al

"3 evaporator coils in less than 4 years."
Unit installed July 2010. First coil replaced August 2011, second May 2014. I was told this time that Frigidaire has admitted the coil's design was bad and has come out with a new model. The installer this time didn't know if this was the new model or not. Luckily for me the whole thing has been covered by the 10 year warranty that I got with it.
Date created: 2013-10-01 Name: D Arnold
Location: Hixson TN

"Do Not Buy Frigidaire"
I would not buy another Frigidaire product. My central heat and air unit is less than 5 years old and I have had to replace a capacitor and the blower fan, and was told the coil is leaking.
Date created: 2013-09-07 Name: J. Woods
Location: Arlington, Texas

"Central Air and Heat System"
Terrible. It only lasted 6 years and had numerous problems during those years.
Date created: 2013-08-10 Name: J Egan
Location: Palm coast florida

"Run as Fast as You Can"
Run! The air handler evaporator coil has been replaced twice. The second go around was three months ago and I fear it is already shot. My temperature differential is already down to 10 degrees. The outside unit no problems, with exception to the valves having to be replaced when they did second coil installation in the inside unit. This has been too costly and will now replace the air handler with a different manufacturer.
Date created: 2013-06-19 Name: T BARN
Location: San Antonio, TX

"Beware!!!"
We installed a new Frigidaire central heating and air conditioning unit in December 2009. The troubles started immediately. We have since spent $2260 in repairs including just recently replacing the coils that were already leaking on a three and a half year old unit. Coils were under warranty, but we still had to pay $1000 in labor charges to get them installed. That will be the final money I put into this worthless unit. In the long run, it will be less expensive to tear the thing out and replace it with a new one. Not a Frigidaire!
Date created: 2012-10-03 Name: W Keaveney
Location: Poughkeepsie, NY

"13+ SEER AC system"
A-coil (evaporator) began leaking within 3 years of install. Replacement also failed in identical period of time. This system could be installed vertically for up or down flow or horizontally for left or right flow. When installed horizontally, one side of the A-coil drained onto the other which caused corrosion resulting in leaks. I had to replace the entire system in less than 8 years.
Date created: 2012-09-18 Name: Corrine Pulizzotto
Location: Naples, FL

"Central AC"
Horrible...Frigidaire referred me to nordyne who make the parts. Frigidaire has a 10 year product warranty, they do not cover labor cost which is costing me more since I had to replace a part every year. Nordyne chooses to ignore there is an issue. They came out with a new model Acoil...that tells you something. Make sure you do your research on the companies manufacturing.