Consumer Reviews of Frigidaire central air conditioners

Read more about Frigidaire central air conditioners

Date created: 2013-08-10 Name: J Egan
Location: Palm coast florida

"Run as Fast as You Can"
Run! The air handler evaporator coil has been replaced twice. The second go around was three months ago and I fear it is already shot. My temperature differential is already down to 10 degrees. The outside unit no problems, with exception to the valves having to be replaced when they did second coil installation in the inside unit. This has been too costly and will now replace the air handler with a different manufacturer.

Date created: 2013-06-19 Name: T BARN
Location: San Antonio, TX

"Beware!!!"
We installed a new Frigidaire central heating and air conditioning unit in December 2009. The troubles started immediately. We have since spent $2260 in repairs including just recently replacing the coils that were already leaking on a three and a half year old unit. Coils were under warranty, but we still had to pay $1000 in labor charges to get them installed. That will be the final money I put into this worthless unit. In the long run, it will be less expensive to tear the thing out and replace it with a new one. Not a Frigidaire!

Date created: 2012-10-03 Name: W Keaveney
Location: Poughkeepsie, NY

"13+ SEER AC system"
A-coil (evaporator) began leaking within 3 years of install. Replacement also failed in identical period of time. This system could be installed vertically for up or down flow or horizontally for left or right flow. When installed horizontally, one side of the A-coil drained onto the other which caused corrosion resulting in leaks. I had to replace the entire system in less than 8 years.

Date created: 2012-09-18 Name: Corrine Pulizzotto
Location: Naples, FL

"Central AC"
Horrible...Frigidaire referred me to nordyne who make the parts. Frigidaire has a 10 year product warranty, they do not cover labor cost which is costing me more since I had to replace a part every year. Nordyne chooses to ignore there is an issue. They came out with a new model Acoil...that tells you something. Make sure you do your research on the companies manufacturing.

Date created: 2012-07-18 Name: Steve From Canada
Location: Ontario, Canada

"Very satisfied"
I have had my unit for 14 years...and after many of happy summers, tragedy happened last Sunday... our beloved ac Unit gave out... You see, we have the joys of Snow up here in Canada, and we have the humidity of Summer. We used our system in the spring/summer and Fall not only because of the heat, but also because of allergies. Keeping the house cool since we cannot open the windows. I have to say that my system does not owe me anything... I had my money's worth and more. I will unfortunately not be able to get another Frigidair since there are no local representatives here that I can find. So please accept my endorsement to a great product.

Date created: 2012-03-24 Name: C Graham
Location: Florida

"1-3 service calls/year and less than five years old"
We have had trouble with this unit constantly. We've had air handler problems, blower problems, coolant leaks and compressor problems. That covers pretty much everything! Some repairs have been done more than once. Getting warranty service from Nordyne (the maker of Frigidaire ac units) was next to impossible, at least with the dealer they've had me work through. I asked for another dealer, and was instead given a phone number that only a tech may use to contact their factory, which does me no good. Google turns up numerous ripoff reports. I'm looking at replacing a nearly five year old $6k unit which I put in to get greater energy efficiency than the working 22 year old unit I'd had. I need to put a stop to the ongoing repair bills and inconveniences. I could not regret the purchase more.

Date created: 2011-11-23 Name: Ed Posie
Location: Scarborough Ontario

"Quality workmanship"
I had a Frigidaire air conditioner FS4BE installed with my furnace 2 years ago. The nice thing was that the old unit that was installed was over -sized and never made the home comfortable in the summer. The contractor installed a proper sized unit and the home has never been as comfortable in the summer and the added bonus is the electrical costs went down. It is nice to get quality workmanship for a change.

Date created: 2011-10-25 Name: T Higgins
Location: Barrie Ontario

"Honesty"
I had a 14.5 seer air conditioner installed with my new furnace. It runs quieter than my last unit and uses less energy. The real reason I first bought the unit FS4BE was the contractor was so honest about what I needed to fix my furnace. Honesty does pay, Thanks Luke.

Date created: 2011-10-21 Name: S. Kulla
Location: Kingston Ontario

"I had a Frigidaire air conditioner fs4be030k installed"
I had a Frigidaire air conditioner fs4be030k installed with my new furnace. My old unit was loud and an eye sore. The new air conditioner is quiet and runs like a top. It is nice to get your moneys worth.

Date created: 2011-08-05 Name: Tony
Location: Toronto Ontario

"Frigidaire central air conditioner and furnace"
The Frigidaire central air conditioner and furnace I had installed in my first rental property is the most reliable piece of equipment I have ever had. I have now installed them in all 12 of my properties and will make sure that is the only equipment I will use.