Consumer Reviews of Frigidaire central air conditioners

Read more about Frigidaire central air conditioners

Date created: 2018-08-28 Name: David
Location: Joshua, TX

"Not happy"
Bought a new unit to replace a 20-year-old ac. Four years in, evaporator coil goes bad and the factory service reps want $1,200 just for the labor to replace a part that is under warranty. That's about one third of the total original cost of the unit and installation.

Date created: 2018-07-19 Name: Joe
Location: Polk, FL

"It is junk"
It is junk. Three major calls on it in the first two years. Would not buy again. Central unit. Replaced inside coils two times in two years so far. Had to replace outside fan motor first year. After the first year, had to pay labor. That gets to be a lot. Might as well count as lost and replace with better brand. Do not buy Frigidaire! You will regret it!
Date created: 2018-07-18 Name: Sharon Sigler
Location: Princeton, KY

"Very Unsatisfied"
I bought my grandmother's house in 2015, which the AC unit had been replaced 5 years prior to that. Two years later, I had to replace the compressor. Here were are one year later and the compressor that was just replaced last year completely blew up. This Frigidaire unit is a piece of junk. Our local service repair guy said that it canít be repaired; the whole unit has to be replaced after 8 years. Frigidaire has told us that they will not help us on the cost of the replacement. I would not recommend this brand at all.
Date created: 2017-09-27 Name: Robert Stoll
Location: Shreveport, LA

"Repeated evaporators"
After paying labor to have 2 evaporators installed on my home unit, Nordyne is refusing to honor the 10 year parts warranty on the 3rd one. Maybe I should have given up on the unit before they did.
Date created: 2016-01-04 Location: New Haven, CT

"Cool Air and a Happy House with Frigidaire"
I have owned this central air conditioner for three years. It was installed in my home and I have been thrilled with the results. The unit operates very quietly. It is a nice looking unit and very unobtrusive outside my home. It does not distract from the curb appeal or look of my house at all. The unit operates extremely effectively and efficiently. It is quiet and does not distract anyone in my home at all. My house cools down very, very quickly with this unit. It is very responsive when I change the thermostat. I have no complaints about this system. I have been very happy with how it has operated. I would definitely recommend this to a friend. It gives me the impression that it will operate fantastically for many years. I would buy this brand again. Everything about this has been quite the positive experience with owning this central air system.
Date created: 2015-11-06 Location: Mountain Home, AR

"Frigidare iQ Drive"
I've had the iQ Drive for a 2 years now and it is probably the most efficient AC system I've ever had. Temperature control has been on point at my 68, haven't had to repair it since other than usual maintenance. Frigidaire definitely puts the work into these products and it shows: a very great AC unit. Would definitely buy another Frigidaire product after this.
Date created: 2015-03-29 Name: Lynn Hopstetter
Location: Florida

"Awesome"
Had this 7 years. It's efficient and quiet. It's the only brand we found with a high enough seer packaged unit. Not as well used by other brands. Top Ten reviews has this in the top. Parts are easy to find.
Date created: 2015-02-12 Name: Robert Meyers
Location: Peachtree City, GA

"A/C coils high manufacturer's defect"
I purchased a split system HVAC manufactured by Frigidaire in December, 2009, and just now replaced the third coil for my furnaces. Apparently, per my HVAC installer, these units are known for their high failure rates of the interior coils and Frigidaire, while they have been good about replacing the hardware, have left the labor costs to the installer or the homeowner to cover. Per my installer, who has eaten most of these costs, he can no longer afford to beat the cost alone and I am now being billed.
Date created: 2014-12-03 Name: Ralph Vowell
Location: Maryville, TN

"Service"
I just recently purchased 3 units for my new home. I went to the website to register the units and found that my units could not be registered because they have not been matched up correctly. I talked to the distributor and was given some information. I asked him to confirm this information in an email and he indicated that he could not do that because the installing dealer was his customer, but he could give me this information in writing. I wanted to confirm the information so I asked for the number of the company. He gave me a number, but I was told by them that they can only speak with licensed dealers. So! You have no customer service from Nordyne or the distributor of Frigidaire HVAC products. I have never run into this before, but I will find out about support and service prior to anymore purchases of this type. P.S. - I have purchased 3 Frigidaire HVAC units in addition to these during the last 4 years. Ralph Vowell Maryville Tn
Date created: 2014-10-01 Name: C Batten
Location: Peterborough, Ontario

"Hiccup to start"
I had a Frigidaire air conditioner installed in my home. It ran well the first year, and then I had some trouble going into the second year. I called the contractor who installed it and he said it was low on refrigerant. He show me a small spot that look like an oil stain by the outside unit. He said he knew exactly where the issue was and fixed it. The unit has run without fail every season since. I am happy with the equipment and the quality of service I get from my contractor.