Consumer Reviews of Frigidaire central air conditioners

Read more about Frigidaire central air conditioners

Date created: 2016-01-04 Location: New Haven, CT

"Cool Air and a Happy House with Frigidaire"
I have owned this central air conditioner for three years. It was installed in my home and I have been thrilled with the results. The unit operates very quietly. It is a nice looking unit and very unobtrusive outside my home. It does not distract from the curb appeal or look of my house at all. The unit operates extremely effectively and efficiently. It is quiet and does not distract anyone in my home at all. My house cools down very, very quickly with this unit. It is very responsive when I change the thermostat. I have no complaints about this system. I have been very happy with how it has operated. I would definitely recommend this to a friend. It gives me the impression that it will operate fantastically for many years. I would buy this brand again. Everything about this has been quite the positive experience with owning this central air system.

Date created: 2015-11-06 Location: Mountain Home, AR

"Frigidare iQ Drive"
I've had the iQ Drive for a 2 years now and it is probably the most efficient AC system I've ever had. Temperature control has been on point at my 68, haven't had to repair it since other than usual maintenance. Frigidaire definitely puts the work into these products and it shows: a very great AC unit. Would definitely buy another Frigidaire product after this.

Date created: 2015-03-29 Name: Lynn Hopstetter
Location: Florida

"Awesome"
Had this 7 years. It's efficient and quiet. It's the only brand we found with a high enough seer packaged unit. Not as well used by other brands. Top Ten reviews has this in the top. Parts are easy to find.

Date created: 2015-02-12 Name: Robert Meyers
Location: Peachtree City, GA

"A/C coils high manufacturer's defect"
I purchased a split system HVAC manufactured by Frigidaire in December, 2009, and just now replaced the third coil for my furnaces. Apparently, per my HVAC installer, these units are known for their high failure rates of the interior coils and Frigidaire, while they have been good about replacing the hardware, have left the labor costs to the installer or the homeowner to cover. Per my installer, who has eaten most of these costs, he can no longer afford to beat the cost alone and I am now being billed.

Date created: 2014-12-03 Name: Ralph Vowell
Location: Maryville, TN

"Service"
I just recently purchased 3 units for my new home. I went to the website to register the units and found that my units could not be registered because they have not been matched up correctly. I talked to the distributor and was given some information. I asked him to confirm this information in an email and he indicated that he could not do that because the installing dealer was his customer, but he could give me this information in writing. I wanted to confirm the information so I asked for the number of the company. He gave me a number, but I was told by them that they can only speak with licensed dealers. So! You have no customer service from Nordyne or the distributor of Frigidaire HVAC products. I have never run into this before, but I will find out about support and service prior to anymore purchases of this type. P.S. - I have purchased 3 Frigidaire HVAC units in addition to these during the last 4 years. Ralph Vowell Maryville Tn

Date created: 2014-10-01 Name: C Batten
Location: Peterborough, Ontario

"Hiccup to start"
I had a Frigidaire air conditioner installed in my home. It ran well the first year, and then I had some trouble going into the second year. I called the contractor who installed it and he said it was low on refrigerant. He show me a small spot that look like an oil stain by the outside unit. He said he knew exactly where the issue was and fixed it. The unit has run without fail every season since. I am happy with the equipment and the quality of service I get from my contractor.

Date created: 2014-08-09 Name: Mike Bolton
Location: Houston Texas

"Piece of JUNK!"
Moved into a new house 2010, all three units have been replaced, one even twice! Please pass along any information regarding lawsuits. I will never spend a another dollar on Frigidaire on any family of their products! Run, run, and don't turn back!

Date created: 2014-08-07 Name: Mark
Location: Marrero, LA

"Frigidare Stinks Buy Payne"
Frigidare/Nordyne are a fortune 500 company with no heart, I bought their unit back on November of 2005 the worst mistake I ever made in my life, I should have bought the Payne unit it is the sister company to Carrier. My last unit was 14 years old it would still be running if hurricane Katrina had not taken it out. Frigidare/nordyne units came highly recommended by several a/c companies here in the new orleans area, and it came with a ten-year warranty those two things are what sold me. I have a very sick daughter in our house and she has an incurable blood disease, which causes blood clots through out her body, she also has reactive lung disease with chronic asthma. When I first called Nordyne and they told me the outside unit only came with a 8 year warranty I pleaded with the woman on the phone about the situation my wife and I were in with our daughter it was like they did not care our unit had just past the warranty about 2 months prior and I qoute they tell me “we adhere to our policies with no exceptions”, this much I promise this entire country will know just what kind of heartless company Frigidare/Nordyne are running after I get done posting this on the internet, and be assured if anything happens to our daughter I will inform all of the news stations down here about the treatment we received from Frigidare/Nordyne and how heartless their company was to our situation.

Date created: 2014-06-02 Name: Larry Bagley
Location: grant, alabama

"Frigidaire is just piece of junk"
Purchased 3 Frigidaire units (one being a heat pump) and have had nothing but problems. These things are a just a piece of junk. The large main unit, 5 ton, has had the inside and outside coil replaced and I find out today that it needs a new coil again after being replace two years ago. At one time last summer all three (3) units were down at the same time. Had to replace the inside coil on the heat pump. I am replacing the main unit this summer with something that is reliable. The units were first used in the summer of 2008 and have been worked on every year including 2008 since they were installed. Even had to replace the entire unit on one of the three in 2010. Like I said these units are just a piece of junk. I also understand that Frigidaire has admitted that the condensers were faulty. Does anyone know if there is a class action lawsuit regarding Frigidaire? If not there should be.

Date created: 2014-05-21 Name: F Martin
Location: Birmingham, Al

"3 evaporator coils in less than 4 years."
Unit installed July 2010. First coil replaced August 2011, second May 2014. I was told this time that Frigidaire has admitted the coil's design was bad and has come out with a new model. The installer this time didn't know if this was the new model or not. Luckily for me the whole thing has been covered by the 10 year warranty that I got with it.