Consumer Reviews of FRIEDRICH central air conditioners

Read more about FRIEDRICH central air conditioners

Date created: 2017-07-17 Name: DAVE DIMARTINO
Location: Sierra Madre , CA.

"NEVER BUY A FRIEDRICH HVAC"
I purchased this M36tqyf1 3 way split system June 5, 2008 for my guest house in Palm Desert California, it worked fine till 2013 when it failed and I had to replace the mother board , it worked fine again till the middle of 2016 when it failed again and now I am being told by The factory trained tech there are no parts to repair this unit and the entire system inside and out needs to be replaced. I am sorry but it is not acceptable for me to spend $6k total with installation for this unit and only get 8 years of service ,especially since this unit was installed in my guest house and had minimal use. After contacting Friedrich Co. to see what they can do for me so I will not take a total loss because they do not provide parts to repair an 8 year old unit !! , their Management said that 8 years is about what you would expect as a life expectancy for one of their units. As far as I'm concerned this company makes an inferior product with a planned obsolescence and I WILL TELL EVERYONE NEVER TO BUY A FRIEDRICH PRODUCT

Date created: 2016-01-11 Location: amity ar

"Love our Friedrich Air conditioner unit"
We have had this for one year and it has held up great so far. We have no complains at all. It kept us really cool all summer long! Worth the price for sure. I would recommend this to anyone looking for one in a heartbeat! Very good quality and cost very little to run! So if you are looking to purchase one get this one!

Date created: 2013-07-24 Name: Don Carlos
Location: NY

"If Only the AC Pumped Cold Air"
I purchased a brand new Friedrich 12,000 btu AC window unit. After installation, I turned it on cool with a temperature setting of 60 degrees, it pumps out warm air only. I cannot believe a brand new AC was not check before it was sold to make sure it actually pumped out cold air, like an AC is supposed to do. If you want to purchase an overpriced fan, you also should buy a Friedrich AC.

Date created: 2010-08-13 Name: K.Kennedy
Location: New York, NY

"CP08E10 window unit"
This window unit has never worked right. Purchased June 2009, but a cool summer. This summer Friedrich arranged for an authorized service team to come out. They said we needed a new one, the compressor was broken. Since then I have been unable to get Friedrich on the phone. They know nothing. Extremely disappointed with the company and their failure to replace the machine. Our previous a.c. worked for about 15 years. This one is also very noisy.

Date created: 2010-05-26 Name: Disappointed

"Friedrich Rips Off Consumers"
Friedrich's Wall Master Unit costs more than $750 and it does not cool the room. In fact, it never worked. After I purchased it, warm air came out of the unit. I exchanged the unit for another one from the dealer and again, the same thing happened. I called Friedrich and they offered to send out a service repair professional at my expense. I purchased a Gibson, which I had never heard of. It cools the room for half the cost.

Date created: 2008-08-02 Name: M. Milks
Location: Texas

"Friedrich ac units"
Recently replaced Friedrich Central unit that was installed early 1970'S. Ran great up to the end. Still have room A/C installed by previous owner in mid '80's and it also is terrific. Great products.