Consumer Reviews of FEDDERS central air conditioners

Read more about FEDDERS central air conditioners

Date created: 2012-02-01 Name: Paul
Location: North Carolina

"Bad News"
This is a bad first if you have r22 you are screwed freon is out of sight, the compressor went out 150 to ship and paper work. Nine hundred to reinstall payed twelve hundred just for unit, and three years later a grand more no thank you replacing everything it cost more but worth it stay way from Airwell Fedders.

Date created: 2011-06-04 Name: Frustrated consumer
Location: Florida

"Worst air conditiioner"
I have never had so many problems with an air conditioner. I bought the house brand new, and within the 3 years I have lived here we have had the repair men out every year, sometimes twice a year. It has had everything wrong with it from a leak to needing a new compressor. I do not recommend this equipment to anyone.

Date created: 2011-03-28 Location: Melbourne , Fl

"At First Great But With Time, Not so Much.."
At first, this was an amazing unit providing a nice chill to our home. But after only 4 months, you could tell the decline in the functionality of the unit. And after a year, it died all together.

Date created: 2009-08-20 Name: Jim DuVarney

"Fedders Central Air Unit is Junk!"
Only 3 years old! In the summer of the second year the units electrics burned up and we repaired the system. We just turned it on again this summer and guess what, Fedders oem Electrical parts all burned up again! We replaced all the electrics and new terminal connectors last year, now same thing again! These parts are very expensive (over $400.00!) After this summer I could have purchased a brand new unit for just a few hundred more! These units are designed to self destruct as they are used. I wrote to Fedders Corp. to get the original specs on this unit and guess what? They won't give you the specs unless you are buying parts! How do you like those apples? If you are planning to purchase a Central Air System don't buy a Fedders! They are absolutely junk and will leave you penniless! O' by the way, we have a brand new house, and the cost to run this puppy is $756.00 a month! Stay away from Fedders!

Date created: 2009-06-10 Name: kcb

"My Fedders Central AC Units are JUNK!"
Junk. Fedders has been purchased by another company, which is not at all surprising. We started having trouble with both units after being in the new house just two years. I spend several hundred dollars a year keeping these pieces of junk running. And when they run they are loud and inefficient. My August electric bill last year was nearly $700. The company that purchased Fedders is happy to honor the product warranty - if I have the original bill of sale and several other documents. My builder purchased these and is also out of business (also not surprising). So I'm screwed. They might be OK for windows a/c or other types, but their central units are junk.