Consumer Reviews of EVCON central air conditioners

Read more about EVCON central air conditioners

Date created: 2010-07-25 Name: N.P.C.
Location: Michigan

"Horrible unit"
I have had an Evcon unit for almost six years that was installed in my brand new condominium. I have had to have someone come out every summer since I have had it. Someone has had to come up three times already this year just since May! It is completely ridiculous. I have to keep leaving my home to stay with family members because my home is scorching hot. I live in Michigan and this has been one of the hottest summers we have had in years. The company who installed the units (W.G. Heating & Cooling) is not very good either. I believe the owner, William Georges has intentionally put off my problems so that the warranty could run out and he wouldn't have to put anything into the unit. I have had the freon replaced about 3 times in six years and even had a sealant put into the unit last year to prevent leakage. I just had the capacitor replaced and now am being told the compressor needs to be replaced. I have been told Georges filed bankruptcy and "Bryant" will not even permit him to sell their products any longer because they don't want their name associated with him. So, what does that tell you? My neighbors around me are also having issues and problems with their Evcon units that his company installed! After filing bankruptcy, Georges is still in business, but altered his company name.

Date created: 2010-06-21 Name: Ava

"Not Happy"
This unit has broken every year since we have owned it. All the parts have been replaced at least once and on round two.

Date created: 2010-03-01 Name: David Miner

"Home owner"
My compressor didn't last a year. Then when I was putting it in, it slipped out my hands and hit the coil and they want 851.95 for a new one. It should have lasted a lot longer then what it did.

Date created: 2009-06-29 Name: Kathy Keebaugh
Location: Central Ohio

"MsKK"
I forgot to add that the warranted compressor will take 2-3 weeks for delivery, unless $200.00 paid for expedited delivery. Unit runs 3 months out of the year in the central oh area.

Date created: 2009-06-29 Name: Kathy Keebaugh

"Ms.KK"
Central air lasted just short of the five year warranty. new compressor only warranted for 1 year.

Date created: 2009-05-09 Name: J. Littrell

"Evcon air conditioner review"
This unit is very unreliable. We have been in our new home two years and have had to add gas to the unit five times. The A-coil was replaced in December because of a leak.

Date created: 2008-07-02 Name: A. Naranjp
Location: Santa Cruz, New Mexico

"Buyers Beware"
A total piece of junk it never worked right to begin with. Compressor gave out after 2 years. I replaced with a Goodman and all seems to be great......I recommend the Goodman...

Date created: 2008-03-07 Name: A. Branaman
Location: Florida

My evcon unit exploded 2 days ago-I bought the home NEW 2 years ago-This was ridiciulous! Piece of CRAP-buyer be ware!!!

Date created: 2006-06-27 Years owned: 1

After purchasing a new home with Evcon air conditioner last Nov 05, the air conditioner now doesn't work and the warranty will not fix it because the new home was sold to a new owner. The air conditioner was not installed properly according the new home owner warranty. It was never used until the last couple of weeks w/107 degree weather here in the High Desert. WE PLAN TO SUE!