Consumer Reviews of EVCON central air conditioners

Read more about EVCON central air conditioners

Date created: 2016-08-19 Name: The Tradesmen
Location: Hamtramck, MI

"Couldn't be more satisfied"
My name is Dave, I've been installing HVAC equipment for just under 30 years. Whatever equipment I install, I warranty. I've installed just about every brand of equipment out there and I can tell you this: the equipment is only as good as the person who installs it. Personally I've got Evcon equipment in my own home and couldn't be more satisfied. So my advice to you is ask for references, names and numbers of previous customers. If they can't or won't give them to you kindly show them the door.

Date created: 2016-06-24 Name: Robin
Location: Temecula, CA

"New A/C"
Our A/C went down and we needed help fast. Fel-Air was the only company that could come on the same day. We found out the Freon was leaking in a lot of places and could not be repaired. So replacement was our only option. They only really gave us one option for replacement. Coleman has always been a reliable brand in camping equipment, so I hoped and prayed it was the same with A/C units. We have only had it one day but so far so good. It puts out cold air and blows through out the house efficiently.

Date created: 2016-06-04 Name: TRACY
Location: London, OH

"Great product"
Very happy with the service and installation of this AC unit.

Date created: 2015-05-25 Name: Mark Flores
Location: Dallas, TX

"Totally worthless. I am very upset"
This is bad, do not buy. And do not trust anyone that says they must change your unit.

Date created: 2012-02-06 Name: J Shield
Location: Columbia. MO

"Lasted Longer Than Anyone Expected"
This unit lasted and lasted. 19 years and the the AC would have kept going but it was time to upgrade to a more efficient unit.

Date created: 2011-09-19 Name: Smitty
Location: Utah

"Worthless"
Bought the unit EVCON brand new two years ago. Compressor melted last week. The only shining star. Still under warranty, however it is a $450 fix. Spend a little more and save a lot more.

Date created: 2011-09-01 Name: B. Williams
Location: Dry Prong La.

"JUST JUNK"
I had 2 new units installed in my new home. The upstairs unit has to be charged every summer, and the main unit down stairs blew the compressor yesterday, just out of warranty. These units are pure junk, and should be removed from the market!!

Date created: 2010-07-25 Name: N.P.C.
Location: Michigan

"Horrible unit"
I have had an Evcon unit for almost six years that was installed in my brand new condominium. I have had to have someone come out every summer since I have had it. Someone has had to come up three times already this year just since May! It is completely ridiculous. I have to keep leaving my home to stay with family members because my home is scorching hot. I live in Michigan and this has been one of the hottest summers we have had in years. The company who installed the units (W.G. Heating & Cooling) is not very good either. I believe the owner, William Georges has intentionally put off my problems so that the warranty could run out and he wouldn't have to put anything into the unit. I have had the freon replaced about 3 times in six years and even had a sealant put into the unit last year to prevent leakage. I just had the capacitor replaced and now am being told the compressor needs to be replaced. I have been told Georges filed bankruptcy and "Bryant" will not even permit him to sell their products any longer because they don't want their name associated with him. So, what does that tell you? My neighbors around me are also having issues and problems with their Evcon units that his company installed! After filing bankruptcy, Georges is still in business, but altered his company name.

Date created: 2010-06-21 Name: Ava

"Not Happy"
This unit has broken every year since we have owned it. All the parts have been replaced at least once and on round two.

Date created: 2010-03-01 Name: David Miner

"Home owner"
My compressor didn't last a year. Then when I was putting it in, it slipped out my hands and hit the coil and they want 851.95 for a new one. It should have lasted a lot longer then what it did.